PDA

View Full Version : So what Do you think?

BeccaAngel
April 12th, 2011, 10:37 PM
My hair was bleached to lighten up the darker dyed hair, then trimmed and then a month later I coloured it back to my natural hair colour. So Does my hair still look pretty healthy? keep in mind, this pic was taken when my hair was kind of damp still. :)

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6541/lengthandchangecloser.jpg

Jenn of Pence
April 12th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Well, these things are always hard to tell from just a picture. But from what I can see, it looks shiny and the ends look good. I'm not an expert on coloring, but I suspect that if you continue to take good care of it and limit the chemicals and heat it will probably grow out pretty well. Are you looking to eventually grow it out with your natural color and trim off the dyed parts?

BeccaAngel
April 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Well, these things are always hard to tell from just a picture. But from what I can see, it looks shiny and the ends look good. I'm not an expert on coloring, but I suspect that if you continue to take good care of it and limit the chemicals and heat it will probably grow out pretty well. Are you looking to eventually grow it out with your natural color and trim off the dyed parts?

I'm gonna keep growing it out, trim once in a while when i can afford it. and I'm done with colouring it this time.:)

Jenn of Pence
April 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna keep growing it out, trim once in a while when i can afford it. and I'm done with colouring it this time.:)

That sounds like a successful plan! I still have heat damage I need to grow off, slowly but surely, so I have a similar strategy. And it's indeed possible to keep the ends nice in the meantime while trying to gain overall length, thankfully. :)

Mesmerise
April 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I have found with coloured (and particularly bleached hair) that the hair can appear healthy for months, but over time it becomes more damaged (or it starts to show its damage).

For example, when I had blonde foils, my hair looked good for a few months, but over time I found more and more splits at the end and white dots on the hairs, indicating damage. The hair was weakened from the bleaching, and thus it became damaged when the other hair (coloured but not bleached) didn't.

I think if you regularly trim, though, and really baby your hair you can keep that damage to a minimum. However, it's not always in the short term that the damage shows up, but often months later.

Tressie
April 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
In the pic, your hair looks good to me! I hope it will be all right, with TLC! (o:

Siaraven
April 25th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It looks healthy to me, has a nice shine although damp :)

BeccaAngel
May 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
an updated pic of my hair now hehe:)

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx114/annalevion/DSC01929.jpg

my hair is still kinda wet but i likes my progress