PDA

View Full Version : I may have found something that works!

rymorg2
June 15th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I'm posting this just because after two days in a row and it working, I think I may have found something that is going to work out for me.

Some of you know I've been asking about natural products since I have so many chemical sensitivities. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun pretty much. Well, not everything, but a lot. :twisted: I totally forgot I had my Alaffia shampoo/condish in the bathroom and it's all natural. I have the enriching shea/coconut for curly hair. So the other day I tried it as a CO wash, put in a bit more and left it in as a rinse out, even though the condish is actually a leave in lotion but it's a bit heavy for my hair that way, rinsed upside down as usual for me, then made a leave in spray with water and the Alaffia condish and sprayed, and topped it all off with AO B5 gel, plopped a few mins, clippied, and let it air dry. VIOLA....LOADS of wurls and even curls in my short hair! And it stayed all day long. I'm still using my AO Honeysuckle rose and Swimmers condishes as rinse outs but they were too heavy even watered down as CO's.

So my routine for now will be CO with the Alaffia for two days in a row, then Shampoo with the Alaffia on the third day, followed by a vinegar rinse. My hair seems to like ACV rinses twice a week or so, this will be perfect for that. The only products that I will put in is the B5 gel, the AO sea buckthorn leave in condish/curl enhancing spray (which I also love), or plain ol' shea butter, avg, or an alaffia lotion I have. Yes, it's a body lotion but the ingredients are similar to a natural hair creme so I've used it that way and it works. :D

Carina
June 15th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Congrats rymorg2 on finding something that works for you:joy:.

Flaxen
June 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Good news! :grin:

Curlsgirl
June 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Fantastic Rymorg!!! I am so happy for you. It's great to find something that works! :cheese:

rymorg2
June 16th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks guys, here's hoping it continues!

sahiba
June 16th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I can understand how happy you must be. It does feel great to discover what gives best results.Congrats.:)

Fillette
June 16th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Congrats! I am very excited for you :)

SpiralingWaves
June 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hey, that is great news! So glad you found products and a routine that works for you! :cheese:

Philomela
June 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM
What a relief this must be! Keep on the good work!

rymorg2
June 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks everyone! It is a relief.

Starr
June 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm so happy for you Rymorg2, I know that the chemical sensitivities haven't been easy for you, so I'm glad you found something that works for you. . . and doesn't cause irritation.

chrissy-b
June 17th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Two days?! That's wonderful! It took me several months to find something that works for me.