PDA

View Full Version : Bless me LHC for I have sinned...

HintOfMint
April 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
It has been 7 months since my last (gleeful) confession.

I flat ironed my hair.

Not for a special occasion.

Not for an interview.

Just because.

In fact, the closest thing I have to a special occasion tonight is having tea with my tea buddy (with whom I have a slight (read: intense) infatuation) and then girl chat with my future roommate (read: postmortem)

So yeah. This is a pretty big sin. I almost never use heat on my hair and that's pretty much the thing that damages my hair the most. And I did it on a whim. I'm what is commonly referred to as, a doofus.

ETA: This is now officially the LHC confessional thread. Enjoy!

Fingolphin
April 12th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I absolve you, my child. Go, and (try not to) sin no more. :D lol

Lifezbeautiful
April 12th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have my graduation coming up. I am debating about "commiting the sin"
But,but.........you dont know understand when I say I have frizzy,curly hair.......
And,and ........it is a day I have been living for, for the last 2 and a half horrible years.

Hmm........Should I or should I not.
Its easy to advice;even I have done it ,to love your hair as it is;BUT...... in real life do you want to look at that horrible photo of the event for the rest of your life!!!

AnqeIicDemise
April 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
That is alright, my child.

Do four heavy oilings
Two CWC washes
and rinse with ACV this week.

x0h_bother
April 12th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hahahahaha!
Just-because flat ironings are great- they are really good for my self-esteem (unfortunately?)
As long as you know how to do..um..Hail Mary's...after to take care of it, I think you'll be fine. :)

Jenn of Pence
April 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hahahahaha!
Just-because flat ironings are great- they are really good for my self-esteem (unfortunately?)
As long as you know how to do..um..Hail Mary's...after to take care of it, I think you'll be fine. :)

Maybe Hair Mary's? :eyebrows:

Maybe we should have a confessional forum so we can all absolve each other of our boo boos!

CarpeDM
April 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm so jealous, I would love to spend some time with my flat iron, but oh the guilt!

LotusFIre
April 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I LOLED at the Hair Mary's!!
someone actually Catholic might be offended , but..you know :D

jujube
April 12th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I agree that we should have a confessional thread! I'd be the first to post in it.

tinywife
April 12th, 2011, 09:01 PM

No way, I'm Catholic and I think it's hilarious!
"The test of a good religion is whether you can joke about it." - G.K. Chesterton, I think

Copasetic
April 12th, 2011, 09:10 PM
The last time I flat ironed my hair, it was for no reason. Oh well :P

MiamiPineapple
April 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I must confess as well...I LOVE love love my Chi. She makes my hair so shiny and smooth. I also have sinned. I really am trying to cut back. Once a week is better than 7 times a week ;) It's a love hate relationship...

okiesarah
April 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM

Catholic here, and no, I'm not offended :) I thought it was funny! And I'm certain the Blessed Virgin had the most amazing long hair. And that she would be horribly offended by heat styling :D

Jenn of Pence
April 12th, 2011, 09:40 PM

"The test of a good religion is whether you can joke about it." - G.K. Chesterton, I think

Catholic here, and no, I'm not offended :) I thought it was funny! And I'm certain the Blessed Virgin had the most amazing long hair. And that she would be horribly offended by heat styling :D

Haha, well I do apologize if my pun might be offensive to anyone. It was only meant for fun, of course. But just in case.... cheese as a peace offering! :cheese:

okiesarah
April 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Haha, well I do apologize if my pun might be offensive to anyone. It was only meant for fun, of course. But just in case.... cheese as a peace offering! :cheese:

Holy cheese? :p

xoerincolleen
April 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Another Catholic here: I've always pictured Mary with long, golden hair!

BlueCanary
April 12th, 2011, 10:10 PM

Laughing my Catholic self silly. Though I always pictured her with dark hair.

As your pennance, you must do as prescribed previously in this thread. Conditioning treatments and ACV rinse.

Go and resolve to sin no more.

No but seriously, I know I'm going to heat it up a couple of times if "necessary." If I actually get to go on a date (I've been about twice in the last five years or so), you know I'm going to be all over the electric spoolies. They make the hair so purty. =)

ETA: No heat was applied in the 'do of the avatar. Copious amounts of hairspray may or may not have been used. Just sayin'.

okiesarah
April 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Laughing my Catholic self silly. Though I always pictured her with dark hair.

As your pennance, you must do as prescribed previously in this thread. Conditioning treatments and ACV rinse.

Go and resolve to sin no more.

No but seriously, I know I'm going to heat it up a couple of times if "necessary." If I actually get to go on a date (I've been about twice in the last five years or so), you know I'm going to be all over the electric spoolies. They make the hair so purty. =)

Since going on a date would cause you to use some heat, I believe that qualifies as a "near occasion of sin," and therefore, you should just stop talking to boys. :D Perhaps we should start a convent instead, a convent with only long haired nuns. Surely there is an "Our Lady of the Long Hair" title for Mary. And our corporal works of mercy could be going around teaching people how to care for their hair properly.

Jenn of Pence
April 12th, 2011, 10:36 PM

Swiss? :eyebrows:

okiesarah
April 12th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Swiss? :eyebrows:

You read my mind! Swiss cheese is the best. Very neutral, but good all the same :)

julliams
April 13th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Catholic too (by my parents choice) - not offended at all.

jenhow
April 13th, 2011, 12:46 AM
LOL - this is very funny. I've heard about Catholic guilt before and there seems to be a lot of that happening here :). I hope you feel better now you've confessed. We are all sinners aren't we?

tiny_teesha
April 13th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Lifezbeautiful - do it!
But after you must do an SMT every week for a month.

I think this IS the confessional thread, c'mon! Look at the title!

I actually think this thread is the best idea ever.
Sometimes there will be situations that we do "bad" stuff to our hair, i mean so long as we do them occasionally it hink our hair can handle it. This will let us ENJOY our hair for what it is, while also being forced to do lots of good stuff to it (by an absolving member) and it's a win win! We sin, hair perishes, we confess, hair gets good treatment, we laugh. Even.

btw, I'm a Catholic/agnostic with is probably an oxymoron. I'm a confused girl, raised Catholic, and I think this thread is funny and awesome.

What have i done wrong?! Oh my! Well for the most part only 2% of my hair has been bleached, which is pretty ok i think and they are nearly grown out anyway. But heat....i blow fry my hair, always on medium setting, but i think it wont be happy very soon, and i miss my incredibly soft locks. I've stopped oiling or brushing....

I promise i'll try not to commit these hair sins no more!

What is my penance?

RitaPG
April 13th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Good for you to live a little :D
Not that I flat iron or anything, I don't even have a straightener lol, but I think it's nice to do something that makes you feel better about it, even if it's just because.

Pyvsi
April 13th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Just chiming in to thank y'all for the laughs. You guys are crazy - and I mean that in the most affectionate way.
I confess I want to buzz-cut again. I'll wait two weeks. Then buzz cut.

HintOfMint
April 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Hahaha, thanks everyone! 4 Hair Marys for me in the form of SMTs, acid rinses and oilings.

jojo
April 13th, 2011, 02:26 PM
That is alright, my child.

Do four heavy oilings
Two CWC washes
and rinse with ACV this week.

that is brilliant made me LOL!:cheese: and hair marys classic :D

NouvelleNymphe2
April 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
LOL! Excellent thread OP. Can I confess my sins as well? Please forgive me for I have forsaken my no cone rule, by using Biolage conditioning balm. BTW Catholic too :) not offended at all.

trillian
May 23rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
I totally squeezed lemon juice on my hair, and sat on a beach all day. I love the sunny blonde...

jojo
May 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh mother, fathers and wolves this child has committed a huge sin.........the juice of a WHOLE lemon was used........oh I am feeling all faint......what are we to do with such a sinner?

OK my child I have come to the conclusion that due to such unnecessary extravagant usage of a lemon and the neglect and abuse put paid to your hair, you shall repent your sins accordingly by swapping the juice of a lemon, for the nectar of honey which you shall mix with a conditioner of your choice. This substance shall be applied to your locks every 4 days.

I want you to report back here next week and no mention again of lemons.
You are forgiven!

TheBluffs
May 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM

:lol: Heat Styling.
Do we have a ' Hair Priest ' in which to confess to? :eyebrows:
Later, I make my pilgrimage to my local Shoper Drug Mart to go get more shampoo.

celebriangel
May 23rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
I was getting frustrated with a french rope braid, and I twisted too roughly and heard at least 2 "snaps" :(

I need to learn some patience. It will come in handy for the wait for long hair.

TheMechaGinger
May 23rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm here to confess!
I curled my hair two days ago for my cousins 8th grade promotion! But I didn't use any hairspray or moose. She goes to a catholic school so I thought it was pretty fitting for this thread haha

IStand4u
May 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Lifezbeautiful - do it!
But after you must do an SMT every week for a month.

I think this IS the confessional thread, c'mon! Look at the title!

I actually think this thread is the best idea ever.
Sometimes there will be situations that we do "bad" stuff to our hair, i mean so long as we do them occasionally it hink our hair can handle it. This will let us ENJOY our hair for what it is, while also being forced to do lots of good stuff to it (by an absolving member) and it's a win win! We sin, hair perishes, we confess, hair gets good treatment, we laugh. Even.

btw, I'm a Catholic/agnostic with is probably an oxymoron. I'm a confused girl, raised Catholic, and I think this thread is funny and awesome.

What have i done wrong?! Oh my! Well for the most part only 2% of my hair has been bleached, which is pretty ok i think and they are nearly grown out anyway. But heat....i blow fry my hair, always on medium setting, but i think it wont be happy very soon, and i miss my incredibly soft locks. I've stopped oiling or brushing....

I promise i'll try not to commit these hair sins no more!

What is my penance?

Your penance is to do light oilings every other day at lease, a moisture treatment of some kind once a week, and brush your hair of all snarls and knots all for a month. Oh, and blow dry on the coolest setting for the month as well! :D Your sins are now absolved child! Go off with a light heart and sin no more (or at least less :) )

Now me...

Forgive me father for I have sinned... I died my hair, and not with a demi or semi permanent dye but a full blown permanent dye! I also have not been doing moisture treatments of any kind for a long while... Father, please absolve my sins... what is my penance?

BTW, I'm Mennonite, and not the old colony kind, I'm the "new-age" Mennonite. I may not be Catholic, but I have gone to a Catholic church many times before, and I LOL'd at this thread so much!

Mrspuddinhead
May 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I too have sinned. I curled my hair the other day because I went out on a date with Mr. Puddin Head. We normally can't afford to go out so I thought it was special day. I felt guilty all day long!!

Tressie
May 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I confess that I used an old vent brush, in a hurry Saturday morn, fearing I'd be late for a job. The brush was handy, and my comb was as usual AWOL. I repent! :blossom:

racrane
May 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I confess I combed my wet hair yesterday and then slept on hair that was not braided.

Sunshineliz
May 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I confess I combed my wet hair yesterday and then slept on hair that was not braided.

That was a sin? Oh my....I'm in trouble.:D

Penance--braid your hair all day every day for a week. You may vary the braids, but nothing but protective updos.

Forgive me for I have sinned. I was weak and I brushed my wavy/wurly hair today and it poofed around my head.

MrsGuther
May 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Loving this thread!!! Hahaha. I must confess I flat iron my hair once a month for my own vanity!!! And I don't feel guilty one bit!!! ;)

Tuntenut
May 25th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Forgive me, LHC, for I have sinned. In a moment of temporary insanity, I strayed from the sacred path of CO and washed my hair with a shampoo that contained SLS, cones and parabens. It was a weak moment (and a free sample) and I am now being punished with hair that looks and feels like a bad Halloween wig.

lapushka
May 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
It was a weak moment (and a free sample) and I am now being punished with hair that looks and feels like a bad Halloween wig.

That's just too hard to resist! :misskim:

Chetanlaiho
May 25th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I have also sinned, being in a hurry to get to a date, I'm afraid I ripped a comb through my still pretty wet hair, I feel awful >_< (so much hair came out D=)

trillian
May 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I too have sinned. I curled my hair the other day because I went out on a date with Mr. Puddin Head. We normally can't afford to go out so I thought it was special day. I felt guilty all day long!!

Good for you for having some fun. However, your penance, should you choose to accept it, is to do one really good search and destroy session!

TheMechaGinger
May 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I'm back!
I lightened my hair with a couple rounds of peroxide to fix my overly hennaed mess
I think it's going to be okay though, not too much damage

Zesty
May 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Forgive me, LHC, for I have sinned. In a moment of temporary insanity, I strayed from the sacred path of CO and washed my hair with a shampoo that contained SLS, cones and parabens. It was a weak moment (and a free sample) and I am now being punished with hair that looks and feels like a bad Halloween wig.
:laugh: The sacred path of CO. Priceless.

dragonchickx
May 27th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I do a lot of terrible things to my hair, including sleeping on it on a very rough pillow case, and letting it rube behind my back, but I have heightened my aweareness and am trying to do whats right by my hair!! OOOHH and I got a soft bristle brush and a new tangle teezer which I Love but my DD Hid it somewhere and I am very anxious about finding it again..

leslissocool
May 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Bahahaha I love this thread!

I have flirted with sin this past month! I haven't sinned though so far... I missed an oiling though...

Sunshineliz
July 19th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Bahahaha I love this thread!

I have flirted with sin this past month! I haven't sinned though so far... I missed an oiling though...

*gasp* missed an oiling?! Your penance shall be an SMT!

Forgive me LHC for I have sinned. I brushed my hair with a wire bristle brush as per instructions from a youtube video that said my pin curls would frizz if I used natural bristles:rolleyes: (why did I listen to someone ripping through their hair with clearly audible snapping?shudder:)

Henrietta
July 20th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I THINK about... Oh, it's because... I go to a hairdresser tomorrow for a hair sauna and masks. (My brother's wedding is coming!) And I think about.... evening my fringe... I grow it, but it became uneven and... you know... But if I will have even an half of inch cut it will be too short to tuck it behind my ear...
I won't do this, I won't do this, I won't do this. So far it's just a thought.

UltraBella
July 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Forgive me LHC for I have committed hair sins.
I heat styled for a wedding three days ago -then added highlights & lowlights two days ago ! I have to admit, I really like them......

Tea Lady
July 20th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I'm Catholic and I was not offended (but my Catholic guilt is saying, "I hope God wasn't offended either!"). I even began rewording the Act of Contrition:
("O LHC,
I am heartily sorry for having offended thee,
and I detest all my hair care sins,
because I dread the loss of length...")

then thought I might be crossing the line there!

Tea Lady

growingpains
July 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Lol, last week when I used rag curlers in my hair one curl went straight within an hour of taking it out. I remedied this with a curling iron. (Irish catholic guilt ensues).

islandboo
July 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I'm Catholic and I was not offended (but my Catholic guilt is saying, "I hope God wasn't offended either!"). I even began rewording the Act of Contrition:
("O LHC,
I am heartily sorry for having offended thee,
and I detest all my hair care sins,
because I dread the loss of length...")

then thought I might be crossing the line there!

Tea Lady
I don't know if it crosses a line, but it sure is funny (and painfully appropriate)!

kamikaze hair
July 20th, 2011, 12:01 PM
oh my god, it is so hard to not laugh at this thread!!! (its 3.25am exactly and everybody's asleep, and I'm in the living room and this house echos!)

forgive me LHC for I have sinned...

its been 14 days since my last hair down day, (doing the updo for a month, year whatever challenge). Today, at work, I let my hair down, I had a headache, it wasn't going away, plus there was a sinfully gorgeous dairy guy in tonight as well... which may or may not have influenced my decision to let my hair down)

oh the guilt.... (I'm baptised catholic, and went to catholic schools all my life, except for my last one, where technically it was a domenican school (same difference!) but I do not consider myself catholic, but this thread is TOO funny!!)

Biedronka
July 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Last Saturday I performed with my rock band at a local club...my sins begun with blowdrying my hair straight for this special occassion (in my defence,only for 10 minutes!it was already almost straight and fairly dry)
And then...during the last song we played,i headbanged for about 40 seconds straight.Not head-waving around.I mean serious,heavy,headache-inducing headbanging combined with wild jumping and dancing around.Alas,the tangles i faced afterwards!my poor hair had suffered.
and the worst part?I feel that it was worth it.No guilt whatsoever for the wild headbanging i enjoyed so much that tangled my hair up insanely.

I'm gonna rot in hair hell,ain't i?

Stub
July 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
forgive me LHC for I have sinned...

I used an entire bottle of Sun-In on my hair, left it in for three days (re-wetting and going back out to lay in the sun while it dried each day) and.... I'M GOING TO DO IT AGAIN. *ahem* Surprisingly my hair has not had much damage, but it did lose it's natural curl/wave??? I've wanted straight hair all my life so I'm enjoying this!

lacefrost
July 20th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned. . . last night I ripped my comb and brush through my hair. . .

maborosi
July 20th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I have sinned...

I got my hair heatstyled and COVERED in hairspray for my brother's wedding four days ago. It looked pretty cool, but it was itchy and painful, lol. I'm actually considering uploading pictures

~maborosi~

Oldfashioned
July 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
This is too funny! *laughing* My hair sin is since joining LHC I still haven't bought elastics with no metal.... I keep forgetting and remember every night as I oil and braid my hair to go to bed...

aaperez
July 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I love this idea!

TheBluffs
October 17th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned
Yesterday was the first day time I let my hair down in 148 days. :p

katienoonan
October 17th, 2011, 06:11 AM
:pray:

Forgive me LHC, for I have sinned... I still heat style... :-( at least once a week!

Kindredraeven
October 17th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I sinned as well, (bows head in shame). date night, last friday, I flat ironed my hair, ONLY to put it up in a bun later on! (sigh)

hs_atreides
October 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Yes, I too have fallen...blow-dry AND flat-iron.
*hangs heads*
My repentance will be deep-conditioning, oiling and pinning up for the week.

Tealpuffin
October 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Wow! This must make me a serial sinner! I still streighten my hair about 2-3 times a week! x

Asahinasan
October 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Forgive me LHC for I have committed the most grievous of sins... I used Henna on my hair, decided I hated the color, tried a darker Henndigo + Amla concoction, Hated that even worse... I bleached my hair, then used a permanent dye that brought it back to the Hendigo'd color that I hated so much... so I then used Colorfix, a blond permanent color then a brown semi permanent color, that brought me CLOSE to my original color on my length (minus any red that I used to have in it) and a shade too dark on my roots (with red/ orange undertones)

I have spent the last three days babying my hair with oilings and SMT's and updo's to protect, and I will be doing a Cassia / Henna glaze once I get my Cassia in to help repair any damage and avoid the crazy firery red that I got with Henna alone...

I repent!!!

what is my penance?! :o

Soulina
October 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Forgive me my lords and great ones
becouse I have sinned.
I box dyed my hair to blueish black
And hate the color I was born whit

edit: now that I read this it souds kinda serious. Was not ment to be so.

Elleyena
October 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned. I have never confessed.
3 weeks ago I bleached my hair, a week later dyed it purple twice in two days all for a convention, then box dyed it black so I could return to work 3 days later....

I try to just condition it constantly...but what is my penance?

Milui Elenath
October 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned
Yesterday was the first day time I let my hair down in 148 days. :p

My child, 148 days of saintly behaviour can not make up for the abhorent act of wild and reckless hair freedom for any amount of time. :eyebrows:

Since thou has confessed to breaking the sacred commandment for pennance spend an hour studying the hairy scriptures. (LHC forums)

neon-dream
October 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned!
I left a while back because of uni stresses / depression, I didn't really have time for my hair.
So, it got a bit out of hand and I ended up straightening it at least once a week.
I'm feeling a bit more relaxed these days and yesterday I trimmed 3 inches from my hair and I'm ready to jump back on the band wagon and get my hair in good shape once more!

candycandace
October 17th, 2011, 07:01 PM
I confess that I used a dye stripper on my hair that had a very high peroxide level less than two hours ago...woopsie. :pray:

jujube
October 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I flat ironed the bottom half of my hair so I could wear it down for once.

Vanilla
October 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Forgive me because I have sinned!

I've been sweating so badly lately that I've abandoned my 3-4 days between shampooing to every other day. I also did a protein treatment without SMT and I want to do another one in the next day or so. My hair still feels so greasy.

What must I do to be absolved?

xoxophelia
October 17th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Well well well I DO have long golden hair ;)

kidddddding...... well no I am not but yes.....

jojo
October 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Forgive me LHC :pray: I started off here with virgin "pure as the driven snow" hair, ive highlighted but got fed up and then hendigoed but then got bored, so removed it and then.........oh my.......it got sun bleached on holiday the top only and well lets say its not called a brass for nothing:eyebrows: it seems I have been growing nothing but hussy hair (the opposite of virgin hair:D) anyway today I put a temp colour on in light brown......and it looks brilliant! but *hangs head and gives big pleading eyes* I understand you are all so disappointed in me but I am willing to do ANYTHING to gain your forgiveness.

Jojo:flower:

jojo
October 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Forgive me LHC for I have sinned. I have never confessed.
3 weeks ago I bleached my hair, a week later dyed it purple twice in two days all for a convention, then box dyed it black so I could return to work 3 days later....

I try to just condition it constantly...but what is my penance?

you have never confessed???? hold your head in shame and look in the mirror child ever day and say I SHALL NOT CORRUPT MY HAIR 10 times and whenever you have a spare hour you shall perform acts of kindness to your hair.
by the smt, the co and ACV rinses, you are forgiven.

why am I actually reading this back with a strange Irish accent???

Eirelin
October 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
I have sinned; I used hairspray on my twin lace Dutch/braided bun last Saturday. :(

heidi w.
October 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM
It has been 7 months since my last (gleeful) confession.

I flat ironed my hair.

Not for a special occasion.

Not for an interview.

Just because.

In fact, the closest thing I have to a special occasion tonight is having tea with my tea buddy (with whom I have a slight (read: intense) infatuation) and then girl chat with my future roommate (read: postmortem)

So yeah. This is a pretty big sin. I almost never use heat on my hair and that's pretty much the thing that damages my hair the most. And I did it on a whim. I'm what is commonly referred to as, a doofus.

ETA: This is now officially the LHC confessional thread. Enjoy!

Ah well. If you flat-ironed daily, you'd be in for a true world of hurt and burst cuticle blops on your hair length. Once in a while isn't the end of the universe. Just keep it to a minimum, if you can.

heidi w.

Clem_Dela
October 18th, 2011, 10:01 AM
i use elastic hair ties all the time, i've heard these can be quite damaging... :( can I call it a necessary evil?