PDA

View Full Version : Hair Style from a Box

LittleOrca
April 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Who loves Hair Scroos/Spin Pins? This mermaid does! While I was at the store, I noticed something... they are now coming in miniature! Min Pins! (Dog joke.... anyways....)

I got myself some and I knew that I was going to use them for the myriad of styles going through my head when I opened the box and found... a new style. Well, sort of. I read the title of it and laughed as I forsook the instructions for I knew exactly what it was. Three little cinnamon buns. SO CUTE! So I tried it out and BAM! This is what I got.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/CuteBuns.jpg

Little buns, out of the way, and cool since today was a little warm for this time of year and I had to head into work. Now, excuse me. I know we have some cinnamon buns downstairs and I am going to dive into them!

Slinks
April 12th, 2011, 05:44 PM
lol ... I LOVE it !!!

x0h_bother
April 12th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Cute!! Did you get comments at work?

HintOfMint
April 12th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Cute! And I must get down to a store for some of those, I adore spin pins!

Aliped
April 12th, 2011, 06:17 PM
They are so cute! I just bought some spin pins for a friend, but was disappointed, because there were only two in the box. Did you get two or three? I'm sure there used to be three. Anybody else notice this, or did I just pick up a defective box?

LittleOrca
April 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cute!! Did you get comments at work?

No. I work (non paid, for school, one step below intern) with the elderly who have dementia and they usually only talk about my hair if its down or in a giant sock bun. That keeps their attention all art session and they reminisce about their hair. :) It's cute.

LittleOrca
April 12th, 2011, 06:19 PM
They are so cute! I just bought some spin pins for a friend, but was disappointed, because there were only two in the box. Did you get two or three? I'm sure there used to be three. Anybody else notice this, or did I just pick up a defective box?

The regular sized ones come in a pack of 2. The mini ones come in a three pack. I got two 3-packs and used them for this style, but then I added extra security with the other large ones I had. I have 8 large ones... Yes, I'm an addict and need my hair to be secure. :)

vanity_acefake
April 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Wow! That looks amazing.
Now I need mini spin pins.

countryhopper
April 12th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I love my spins! I haven't seen the minis yet, so I'll have to be on the lookout!

beez1717
April 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
That hair style looks really good on you. Is it easy to do? If so uoi could make it ome of your favorites. Just a thought...

Nenwing
April 12th, 2011, 07:11 PM
No. I work (non paid, for school, one step below intern) with the elderly who have dementia and they usually only talk about my hair if its down or in a giant sock bun. That keeps their attention all art session and they reminisce about their hair. :) It's cute.

Aww, older people are really great sometimes. I love the style, very neat! Its like Super Princess Leia!! :D

Btw, if I may ask what are you taking in college? (just curious)

Karmi
April 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Man, do I love spin pins! They are the Goody brand and came two in a pack. I bought two packs to get four pins and I use all four to hold up my buns. Sometimes it's a struggle to get the heavy bun to stay up very well, and after a few hours, it decides to come loose/tug on hair/get uncomfortable, but I love 'em regardless as they have been the easiest 'do for me to accomplish very quickly (at least before I discovered on LHC how to do the Pencil bun!!). I hear the Goody bun spiral is not so good. Glad I didn't buy one, that sucker is $6. But I WILL buy a pack of mini spin pins. :)

Karmi
April 12th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Oh, also, has anyone had any success with the Good updo pin? It's shaped like a U and I have not yet been able to get that thing to work! It's very likely that I just don't know the proper way, or does anyone have any experience with one of those, and do they actually work?

Lostsoule77
April 12th, 2011, 07:42 PM
LittleOrca that style is adorable! I haven't bought any spin pins because the cost has put me off. After seeing this I might have to splurge on some minis and see what I can do with them. :)

et--cetera
April 12th, 2011, 07:51 PM
adorable, and love the min pin comment.

kwaniesiam
April 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Dang, you have a lot of hair! That one in the middle is bigger than my entire cinnabun was when I was at waist length. Very cute :D

Amraann
April 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Oh I bet it leaves your hair with some nice waves when you take it down!

GlassWidow
April 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Oh, also, has anyone had any success with the Good updo pin? It's shaped like a U and I have not yet been able to get that thing to work! It's very likely that I just don't know the proper way, or does anyone have any experience with one of those, and do they actually work?

That thing is an enigma (or maybe I just don't have enough hair yet). If you go on walmart.com and search goody, they have a set for $8 that includes 2 spin pins, an updo pin, the volume boost comb and the pony pouf. I knew I wanted the spin pins, so the rest was kind of like "free!"

GlassWidow
April 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Those buns are so cute! I love the color variation. I adore my min pins. ;)

OT, but we were talking about min pins (the dog) the other day. I had my 5 year old in the car, when I drove by a guy vacuuming his lawn (yeah, I dunno) with a tiny shop vac. I was in a silly mood, so I said "Aw, it's so cute!" As we turned the corner, there was a guy walking his min pin, so again I said "Aw, it's so cute!" (and meant it this time). My 5 year old pipes up with "That dog is bigger than the vacuum!" :rolling:

Aliped
April 12th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I love my updo pin. I use it with a nautilus bun and insert it the way I would any fork or stick. I like how its curved to my head and it doesn't have any sharp pointy bits sticking out. I couldn't follow their instructions though :(

LittleOrca
April 12th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Aww, older people are really great sometimes. I love the style, very neat! Its like Super Princess Leia!! :D

Btw, if I may ask what are you taking in college? (just curious)

Art Therapy Counseling. :)

okiesarah
April 12th, 2011, 09:43 PM

I have one of those. Depends on what you mean by success :) I didn't really follow the directions, I just twisted my hair and stuck it in, and it turned out ok. But I'm awful at it, it either turns out super tight or super loose. I think I just need practice though.