PDA

View Full Version : BSL to TB - first goal reached

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Thank you, LHC. I am much happier with my hair now. :cheese:

Edit: oh, it's actually "BCL" not strictly "tailbone" because BCL is what I originally thought TB-length meant, so that's what I've stuck to.

Now I want to grow to classic.

**PLEASE DON'T QUOTE MY PICS. THANK YOU**

2008 (new virgin start, after chopping from WL to get rid of bleach):

This pic has gone now

2011 (yesterday). My hemline looks wonky, but I think it's just the way I was sitting and spreading my hair. It's actually more even that that.

So has this one

pepperminttea
April 12th, 2011, 04:32 PM
My gilly god your hair is pretty. :thud:

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you, Pepperminttea.

So is yours!

redwoman
April 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I love your wave pattern and your hair looks thick and shiny too. The kind of hair I would want to pet but wouldn't dare.

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Thank you, Redwoman! Those are braid waves. My real wave pattern = random matted mixture of spirals and waves, whose one goal in life is to turn into a dreadlock.

I never even give it the chance. It dries in braids. ;)

Rocket22
April 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
WOW do you have a lot of hair or what!!!! looks fantastic. So did it take you three years to get there. I'm thinking that is my goal length too or a tad shorter

ajidahk
April 12th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! How did you achieve this length?

I am a newbie here, but I've been lurking for months. Glad to finally be a member.

bella77
April 12th, 2011, 04:52 PM
very pretty indeed!!!!

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Thank you Rocket22! Well, it actually took me five years, because I found LHC in 2006. I was googling about how to grow out bleach. I found the answer: wait. :(

So basically I waited two years and then cut off lots of bleach in 2008 after letting my roots grow out.

Thank you Bella77 and ajidahk too.

krissykins
April 12th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Dang! That is some pretty fine hair! Congrats to you, miss chopandchange! :waltz:

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thank you, Krissykins.

selderon
April 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Thank you, LHC. I am much happier with my hair now. :cheese:
Your hair looks beautiful! Congratulations on reaching your TB goal. :cheese:

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! Congratulations on reaching your TB goal. :cheese:

Thank you!

Look at all the dancing cheese men!:cheese:

Signe
April 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
oooh beautiful! can i askabout your trimming routine in those 3 years? i am about the length of the before pic now n wanting to change my goal to just above bcl :) it's always nice to be able to visualise the time-scale with trims...thanks for the pics! :D

chopandchange
April 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
oooh beautiful! can i askabout your trimming routine in those 3 years? i am about the length of the before pic now n wanting to change my goal to just above bcl :) it's always nice to be able to visualise the time-scale with trims...thanks for the pics! :D

Well, I did micro-trims whenever they were needed. I also did about two larger trims, to get rid of some of my thinner bottom layer.

I can't be more precise than that, because I am not obsessive about my trimming. I don't keep records of when I did it, or how much I cut off. I just trim when needed.

Your hair looks really similar to mine, by the way! What a lovely colour. I am jealous of your nice straight neat hemline! It will mean you probably will get away with less trimming that I did. Some of my trimming was not for hair health but for shape. Growing out layers is a bummer.

jojo
April 12th, 2011, 05:49 PM
You grow so fast and I too love your colour and waves!

leslissocool
April 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
:cheer: Congrats! I LOVE your hair, your progress is really stunning! And your hair looks so healthy!!! Yay!

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 06:37 PM
OH I want your hair!! Major hair envy here. Your hair looks great, congratulations!!

haibane
April 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Wow, that is amazing growth! You have a real mane now, so beautiful! :D

Smile4Kiki
April 12th, 2011, 07:28 PM
gorgeous! Threads like these are what keep me growing!

Dragon
April 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Congrats :)

x0h_bother
April 12th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! So much nice, wonderful hair!! Looks amazing!

Signe
April 12th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Well, I did micro-trims whenever they were needed. I also did about two larger trims, to get rid of some of my thinner bottom layer.

I can't be more precise than that, because I am not obsessive about my trimming. I don't keep records of when I did it, or how much I cut off. I just trim when needed.

Your hair looks really similar to mine, by the way! What a lovely colour. I am jealous of your nice straight neat hemline! It will mean you probably will get away with less trimming that I did. Some of my trimming was not for hair health but for shape. Growing out layers is a bummer.

Yeah I was thinking out hair looked pretty similar too, which is why I was kinda excited to ask about your routine, cos it's not often you find a near hair twin who has also done a remarkably similar hair journey AND posts pics :D

Judging my those pics and your profile pic I would actually say our colour is similar, too...my siggy looks really strawberry for some reason and quite light...must be the flash or something.

As for the straight hemline, won't be there for long! I am on the no-trims 2011 challenge and doing some rigorous s&d lately so it looks as though fairytale ends are in store :p

Merlin
April 13th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Gorgeous, you must be well pleased!

Ishje
April 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM
wow, your hair is gorgeous!

chopandchange
April 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you.

anniebelle
April 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM
:) Congrats!

spidermom
April 13th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Oh how disappointing; I missed the pictures!

Merlin
April 13th, 2011, 05:12 PM
This pic has gone now

It has ceased to be. It has gone to meet it's maker, berefit of life it rests in peace. It has ceased to be. Shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible.

It is an ex photograph

tigr
April 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM
It has ceased to be. It has gone to meet it's maker, berefit of life it rests in peace. It has ceased to be. Shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible.

It is an ex photograph

:) . :) . :)