PDA

View Full Version : I gave in, but I'm happy :)

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Ok guys, I gave in to my desperate need of getting the pesky layers away. I went from 29,7 inches to 23,2, which means waist lenght to maybe 1 or 2 inches below APL. Some layers are still there, but not the thinnifying ones. And I got a bit of a shock when I measured my pony circumference today as well. I thought my pony circumference were about 10 cms with the bangs, but no, it was a bit over 12, with no volumifying products in there. I'm pretty wowed :) I just took a picture after drying my hair in a microfiber towel:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6233&pictureid=100219

Also I got some highlights, they're not too visible in this picture due to the lighting but I'm more blonde than redbrown now which suits me perfectly. Also looks like I have to find some new go to styles, the good ol' braide bun/lazy wrap/infinity/figure 8 doesn't work with my stubby thick mane anymore.

ETA: what do you think about my hairtype now that most of the layers are gone?

nazzooyzo
April 12th, 2011, 03:32 PM
it looks great. a lot thicker and healthier!

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Thank you! :D

SurprisingWoman
April 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I think it looks a lot better. I know it had to be difficult to do but nicely done. :applause

I am NOT a hair typer kind of person but 1c comes to mind. ???

You have lovely hair.

spidermom
April 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I'd put you at 1C, too.

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thank you, SurprisingWoman! Yeah, I was like "should I or should I not?" for a long time but then I just took the plunge and chopped. 1c might be right :)

ETA: Thank you Spidermom, I think you're right.

redwoman
April 12th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I think your hemline looks lovely. And now you have fresh ends to grow out. Pretty color too by the way.

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you, Redwoman! Yeah, I love it, now I don't need a trim for a while :)

x0h_bother
April 12th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Nice blunt hemline! You probably went from 2a to 1c. Looks great!

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Thank you!

Rocket22
April 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Good for you! looks great, thick and healthy! now you can just let it grow and not have to worry about those darn layers.

tinti
April 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Thank you, Rocket! Yeah, now it can grow as long as it wants to without me chopping off layers every once in a while.

Dragon
April 12th, 2011, 07:55 PM
It looks good :)

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Thank you Dragon :)

jojo
April 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
It looks lovely and thick. Id also type as a 1c

Elleyena
April 13th, 2011, 06:54 AM
It looks really pretty, Tinti! You'll grow the length back out in no time :)

Mesmerise
April 13th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Looks lovely! And with that thickness I think you can safely call yourself a iii now :).

julliams
April 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I first looked at your photo thinking it was the before shot and I was thinking "but it looks great". Then I realised it is the after photo. So, yes, it looks great!!

I think you will get wavier with length - just a hunch.

UltraBella
April 13th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Very pretty, I think the trim turned out lovely.

elbow chic
April 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Love it! You can probably keep that hemline for a long time to come!

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 09:53 AM
It looks lovely and thick. Id also type as a 1c

Thank you Jojo! :D

It looks really pretty, Tinti! You'll grow the length back out in no time :)

Thank you Elleyena! Yeah, I hope so, it was a lovely lenght, just too many layers:)

Looks lovely! And with that thickness I think you can safely call yourself a iii now :).

Thank you too :) Yep, I agree with you. I just tried a claw clip twistt-thing that was my goto style as a teen, now my hair almost didn't fit! Kinda exiting but also a bit hmfh ;)

I first looked at your photo thinking it was the before shot and I was thinking "but it looks great". Then I realised it is the after photo. So, yes, it looks great!!

I think you will get wavier with length - just a hunch.

That might be possible, I wouldn't mind if I got wavier. Grass is greener and all that. *goes to move before pic*

Very pretty, I think the trim turned out lovely.

Thank you, UltraBella!

Love it! You can probably keep that hemline for a long time to come!

Thank you! Yeah, that would've been nice! Brilliant hair stylist mom cutting my hair is a big plus :)

ingvild
April 13th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Very pretty hair ; must be great to be rid of so many layers! And 12 cm, crazy thickness! :p Fantastisk :D

I'm bad at typing, but I typed myself as 1c and your waves look tighter than mine. So I don't know! It could also mean I typed myself incorrectly ;P

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hei på deg :)

Thank you, yeah, it's fantastic! Yeah, I was kinda shocked ;) But I don't mind.
Yeah, I don't know, lol, I don't trust my own judgements when it comes to typing my own hair. Others hair is a bit easier. Go figure :p

Valdeon
April 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Good for you! :cheese: You've done the right thing getting rid of all the nasty layers (well, most of them)/ Your hair looks nice and healthy, and full, so you may let it grow long without warring about how your hemline looks.

ANd 12 cm WOW. You are my hero. Tell me your secret :D

lapushka
April 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
It looks great! You lost a lot of length, 6.5 inches is major but you're happy with it and that's what counts. :thumbsup:

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Valdeon: Yeah, now I'm gonna let it grow without touching it for a while! It's gonna be nice, it's like a fresh start. Awww thank you! Haha secrets, not really. I wonder how that happened. If they don't put some strange stuffs in my EVCO :p

Lapushka: Thank you! Yeah, it was a big chop and I'm sure I'm gonna miss my lenght but now I'm just happily enjoying my fresh ends!

Prettyeyes23
April 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think you did the right thing by trimming. It looks great!

tinti
April 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Thank you :D

NouvelleNymphe2
April 13th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Like everyone else, I think your hair looks great all evened up! Congratulations on a great hemline and happy growing all nice and even hair!!

Fufu
April 13th, 2011, 08:05 PM
pretty hair and i like your hemline :)

tinti
April 14th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks Fufu and NouvelleNymphe2!