PDA

View Full Version : here's me

iluvkorn
April 12th, 2011, 02:46 AM
in my signature is a pic of my hair now. i just discovered lhc in feb. and i'm hoping to get longer, more healthier hair.
my main concerns now are my uneven hemline and all the icky split ends there at the bottom.

this pic was taken before a wash so none of my natural waves are visible, except for one goofy spot at the top right of my head.

anyway, suggestions for fixing the hemline? *without chopping it off* i don't mind occasional trims, but i can't handle anything drastic.

Dragon
April 12th, 2011, 02:49 AM
All I can think of is a good S&D.

Venefica
April 12th, 2011, 02:51 AM
You have very pretty hair.

Avital88
April 12th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Microtrimming! Two months in a row 0.5 inch then 0.2 inch every month.Do that for 6 months and your hair will get a fuller hemline.
Good luck! I'm also on the microtrimming boat myself atm and i notice good progression

Yozhik
April 12th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Pretty hair! :flower:

If you want to gradually make your hemline more blunt, why don't you look into microtrimming. I know off the top of my head that Emichee had a thread about how she very successfully did this (I think she cut off the growth she got every month for about half a year) and managed to thicken up her hemline without losing any length. :)

Panth
April 12th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Microtrimming.

I also seem to remember a beautiful photo where someone had done rag curls but only to the bottom 1/3 or so of her hair, to make the ends look nicer - it definitely worked!

iluvkorn
April 12th, 2011, 02:11 PM
thanks for the compliments:)
it looks like the consensus is for microtrimming. now i'm off to study that.

spidermom
April 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Yep, I agree; small trims on a regular basis is the way to go. You have the most control if you learn to do this yourself. I have an awesome stylist that I go to.

jojo
April 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Have to agree with everybody else, maybe trim half your monthly growth and save the rest; this is the track I am too. Though I just cut back nearly an inch for split, thin ends feels much thicker.

iluvkorn
April 13th, 2011, 02:40 AM
trimmed my hair last night. probably 1/2 inch. now when should i trim next? 6 weeks or sooner?

jojo
April 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I am trimming again end of july just 1/4" trim with me, we can fix this together!

Slinks
April 13th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Microtrimming! Two months in a row 0.5 inch then 0.2 inch every month.Do that for 6 months and your hair will get a fuller hemline.
Good luck! I'm also on the microtrimming boat myself atm and i notice good progression

Oh wow, that's interesting !! I might do this myself thanks for that .. do you do that yourself ??

to the original poster I think this is a good idea :-)

ETA: I wrote this before reading all the other comments .. typical of me :-) I see every one agrees including the OP