PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated. How do you all manage a braided headband?

ArienEllariel
April 11th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I have fine hair and it's sparse right above my ears near my hairline. You can't tell unless I attempt this style. Every time I attempt a lace braided headband, you really can't tell I've braided anything until about 1/3 of the way across my head. I get major thinness and scalp cleavage over my ear on the side I started on. The result gives it a really lopsided look and isn't fit to wear anywhere. Am I the only person with this problem?

Is it impossible to find a way around it?

gattina
April 11th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I have fine hair too... I started taking biotin separately from my multi-vitamin and i got a halo of hairs coming in, it looked like my hair was frizzy but it was a bunch of 1 inch long hairs... maybe start taking some biotin.

And i make ribbon headwraps & headbands that i use to decorate my hair because i am bunning it until august, maybe try some decorative hair accessories, while you grow this section out?

kwaniesiam
April 11th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Your hair may just be too fine for the style. I'd suggest getting some extension hair and making a braid to wear as a headband in a shade that matches your color instead.

teela1978
April 11th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I have the same problem. haven't really figured out a good solution. I can do braids that start at my part and connect under my hair, that's sort of a headband, but its not french braided in.

One possibility... I was watching glee the other day and saw one of the girls had a short bit of a fishtail braid laced/frenched into her hairline (from the top of her part though, not ear to ear), and I was thinking that might work better. My fishtails always look much thicker than my normal braids. Haven't tried it yet though, so no clue if it would actually work or not though.

AnqeIicDemise
April 11th, 2011, 11:47 PM
How about starting closer to the nape of the neck versus right behind the ear?

Cirafly24
April 11th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I have this same problem. I don't have enough hair in that area to make a decent looking braid!

Yozhik
April 12th, 2011, 12:20 AM
What I did once was make a small English braid out of hair from my neck behind my ear, then looped it up and over my head and used a barrette to secure it behind the ear of the other side. It was pretty secure and looked cute. :)