PDA

View Full Version : Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Karmi
April 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I thought it would be nice to post links, info, and personal experience/stories for those who follow, or are interested in, moon phases when trimming/cutting, conditioning/styling, etc. I've done a "Moon Phase" search on the forums and found some information, sporadic at best, and I am wondering if anyone has additional information they would like to share as to their regime, according to the moon/planets/astrology sings...

I hear some use the morroccon method while others use the farmer's almanac, some go by the first quarter of the moon before it reaches full, while others choose to use the astrology signs. Each method appears quite a bit different from one to the next. I would like to hear people's experiences regarding any of these. I personally think I will be using the first quarter method.

I bring this up because I have just bought my first pair of shears (Tweezerman 2000, 5.5" shears - recommended by this site) and will take it upon myself to begin cutting/trimming my own hair. I've never done it myself before but I am excited and feeling a bit liberated (not needing to rely on another to trim/cut my hair). I have read trimming information and stories provided on this site by a great many of members, along with some tutorials also from members of this site. :)

I appreciate anyone willing to share in this thread any information they have.

Karmi
April 11th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Oh, I can not edit posts I'm afraid. But here are two links:

Farmers' Almanac's Best Days to Cut Hair to Increase Growth (http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calendar/best-days/health-beauty/cut-hair-to-increase-growth/)

The Morroccon Method, best days for beneficial haircutting in 2011 (https://morroccomethod.com/en/educational-resources/the-morrocco-method-for-creating-luxurious-hair)

Fairlight63
April 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I have just started trimming by the New Moon phase this month, so don't know yet if there is any difference.
This web site has a calendar of when the Moons are & what signs they are in:
http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp

This is an article of cutting your hair on the phases of the moon :
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm

Karmi
April 11th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Cool! Thanks for the links, I'm going to look at them right away.
I look forward to hearing what your thoughts on trimming to the moon, after a while. :)

2peasinapod
April 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I've just started to cut my hair by the moon, and I didn't know there were so many different ways to do it. I also use the lunarium link for the dates, and I use this site for the method:

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_maintenance.html

I picked it because it makes the most sense to me (I also liked the styling and processing suggestions), but since I just did my first trim yesterday, it's a bit to early to see if it works. ;)

Hotrox
April 11th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I am giving it a go this year - using the 'not Moroccan' method (sorry, don't know how else to describe it) and will trim when the new moon is in Capricorn, Pisces, Taurus , cancer and Scorpio as these are the best for quickening growth. Allegedly.

I'm not sure I believe it yet, but I want to trim out my layers this year so this gives me a trimming schedule to stop me getting too scissor happy and I figure that it can't actually hurt growth!

AnqeIicDemise
April 11th, 2011, 11:02 PM
My papa was a farmer back in the day while we still lived in Guatemala (this was before the civil war got the best of him and forced us to move). When I was still young and I told him I wanted to grow out my hair he'd tell me when to trim it.

M: Papi, can I trim my hair today? It's looking a little damaged.
P: -checks the date, looks up at the sky.- Nope. Bad moon. Do it next week.
M: Okay!

It grew like weed.

I wish I could remember what phase that was.

I'll have to call and ask him.

Karmi
April 11th, 2011, 11:21 PM
OoOoo, Hotroc, Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

AnqeIicDemise, your story was so sweet and warming, thank you so much for sharing! I adored reading your comments. I trust he was correct in his predictions, as well. The universe never lies. Do call him and ask! I would love to know more. :)

Karmi
April 11th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Oops, I meant to include 2peasinapod as well! Don't want to leave anybody out, haha! Be sure to tell us about your moon trim success. :P

mustpannkook
April 12th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I S&D mine by moon phases and I think it grows much faster than before... I'm also out of my "24-inch desert" and past 25 inches now.

Karmi
April 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Oh, tell me... what is "24-inch desert"?

Avital88
April 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I cut by moon phase for 2 years now, i think it really works because mine was growing like weeds and i wasnt taking supplements or such 2 years ago.
I remember trimming on full moon in Leo and when i came back at the salon 3 months later they couldnt believe how much thickness i'd gained so it must be working :D
So my next trim will be at new moon for lenght i guess, thats in 3 wks or so..but might wait a while to trim till i have more lenght

Elleyena
April 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
This is an interesting concept. I've never trimmed by the moon before, but if it helps growth, I might try it out. I'm not sure which method I'll use yet, but I think it'll be easy to work it into my schedule. I've always loved the moon and stars :)

didashki
April 18th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I trim my hair in accordance with the moon phase for years. I am sure it makes a difference.
The basic rule is not to trim your hair when the moon looks like the letter "C"- when it is decreasing. Have a trim when the moon is growing and/or short before full-moon. The astrological sign is also important. When the moon is in a water sign (Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces) it is not good to cut your hair. The best days for a trim are when it is in Leo, Virgo or Libra.

MonaLisa
April 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I'm badly in a need for trim. I skipped April's new moon, because i didn't buy proper scissor's.. So now trying hard to wait until May. I'm a newbie tho, so anyone mind telling me....May's astrological sign? Or how do you determine?
So new moon is for length and at full moon it's for thickness?
Thanks a lot
And really dorry for being such a newbie all the time :(

maborosi
April 18th, 2011, 11:08 AM
This is really interesting, albeit a bit confusing because I don't really understand how it would work very well.

~maborosi~

didashki
April 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM
You can see when the moon is skipping form one astrological sign into another in this calendar: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2011&calendarMonth=4

Once again the best time to trim your hair is on growing moon and when it is in Leo, Virgo or Libra. So this May (2011) it will be from 9th to 14th of May. Good luck! :)

Fairlight63
April 18th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I went through the Lunar calendar for the rest of the yr.
This is my cutting schedule for the yr. I am finally at waist length & maintaining now & trying to thicken it up some, so will only be trimming 1/4" off or so.

Fri. May 6 New Moon in Cancer
Fri. June 3 New Moon in Cancer
Sat. July 9 New Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Aug. 5 New Moon in Scorpio
Thurs. Sept. 1 New Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Oct. 7 New Moon in Pisces
Fri. Nov. 4 New Moon in Pisces
Thurs. Dec. 1 New Moon in Pisces

What do you think? does it look OK? Anyone else want to join me?

saera
April 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I just got my hair trimmed today..... according to longhairlovers hair grows quickly and thickly during this moon ^_^

Thanks for the link 2peasinapod!

I remember trimming my hair once during new moon, my hair grew like crazy!

Druid of Alba
April 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
"For men : Cut hair every four to six weeks" Excuse me?! I think not!!:rant:
But with that aside haha, great articles! I want to cut my hair sometime in August, just to get it cut one length. I definately want to cut it in tune with the moon, during the new moon. I've heard that there are certain signs which are best for cutting your hair under, for example a new moon in leo is a good sign.

Slinks
April 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
This is my cutting schedule for the yr. I am finally at waist length & maintaining now & trying to thicken it up some, so will only be trimming 1/4" off or so.

Fri. May 6 Moon in Cancer
Fri. June 3 Moon in Cancer
Sat. July 9 Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Aug. 5 Moon in Scorpio
Thurs. Sept. 1 Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Oct. 7 Moon in Pisces
Fri. Nov. 4 Moon in Pisces
Thurs. Dec. 1 Moon in Pisces

YEP - you can count me in .. I was wondering when I should take a trim as I do need one but I still want to keep growing, so I think me being a scorpio I'm going to wait till July the 9th to gain a little more length before I get a trim :-) thank you for the insight, I have marked my calendar

veronicaleah
April 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
*Listening in* I am very intrigued by this theory... I just might have to schedule my next micro-trim in accordance with the moon schedule. After all, what could it hurt?

MonaLisa
April 19th, 2011, 01:24 AM
So definitely making my trim appointment with the Moon, 9th of May :o

Now, tell me please...what phase and which signs are 'good for' thickness ?

didashki
April 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Fri. May 6 New Moon in Cancer
Fri. June 3 New Moon in Cancer
Sat. July 9 New Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Aug. 5 New Moon in Scorpio
Thurs. Sept. 1 New Moon in Scorpio
Fri. Oct. 7 New Moon in Pisces
Fri. Nov. 4 New Moon in Pisces
Thurs. Dec. 1 New Moon in Pisces

When the moon is in a water sign (Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces) it is NOT good to cut your hair! Even if the Moon is growing, your hair can get greasy, rebellious or it can get dandruff.

Slinks
April 19th, 2011, 03:30 PM
When the moon is in a water sign (Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces) it is NOT good to cut your hair! Even if the Moon is growing, your hair can get greasy, rebellious or it can get dandruff.
oh ... okay can you be kind enough to write out a calendar like Fairlight did .. please :-) :eyebrows:

didashki
April 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
As I wrote before, in May best days for a trim are:
9th Moon in Leo
10th first quarter of the Moon
11th Moon in Virgo
12th
13th Moon in Libra
14th

The full Moon is on 17th in 12,08 p.m., but as the Moon is in Scorpio it is not a good day.
Once again here you can see the Moon phases till the end of the year: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2011&calendarMonth=4

Slinks
April 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
As I wrote before, in May best days for a trim are:

I'm sorry I didn't see this, I must have got all excited about getting a cut in scorpio phrase rather than read what I should have read !! thank you so much for repeating yourself .. :lol: funny thing is I am deaf but not blind :-)
:cheese: have marked my calendar for the 12th of May :-)

julliams
April 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm guessing all this changes if you live in the southern hemisphere? I've always found this all very confusing. I'd like to comply but I'm worried that if I follow dates given on some sites, they might not be accurate for me here in Australia.

virgo75
April 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hmmm...

I've been trimming by the calendar on the Morrocco Method site for a couple of years now and I don't really notice any difference. :shrug:

I always trim on a "lengthen" day. I can't say I've notice increased or faster growth.

The only real benefit I've gained from it is that it helps me to delay my "impulse" trims if I tell myself I'll only trim when it's in one of the red days for growth or if it's at least one of the best days for growth. If it isn't, then I'll wait until the next one. But I sometimes forget which buys a bit more time for my hair. :p

AnnaJamila
April 20th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I remember seeing this concept in a book I read years ago! Always tried to arrange to cut on the full moon after that!

Lol, not sure if it works, but I still do it!

2peasinapod
April 20th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing all this changes if you live in the southern hemisphere? I've always found this all very confusing. I'd like to comply but I'm worried that if I follow dates given on some sites, they might not be accurate for me here in Australia.

To see the best days for your location, go to the Lunarium Universal Moon Calendar (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp). You can change your location and set your time zone at the top, and the explanations for the symbols are at the bottom. It works for everywhere, hence the name! ;)

Karmi
April 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Wow, I am super stoked to see all the responses here all of a sudden!

didashki, how did you come about the knowledge as to what signs are best and otherwise? I'd be very interested in any knowledge you have to share, as I am sure others here would be as well. Are there any books you have read that you would like to share with us? :)

As a side note: Personally, I think some of the Moroccan method stuff is crap, I don't particularly care for the site that charges an arm and a leg to use their products, either.

Slinks
April 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM
uck .. forget I asked it falls on a full moon !! lol, look before you post Slinks !! lol :-)

julliams
April 24th, 2011, 08:01 PM
To see the best days for your location, go to the Lunarium Universal Moon Calendar (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp). You can change your location and set your time zone at the top, and the explanations for the symbols are at the bottom. It works for everywhere, hence the name! ;)

didashki
April 29th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Lol, not sure if it works, but I still do it!

Same here...

2peasinapod
May 1st, 2011, 10:28 PM
Reviving this thread to say that it definitely works for me! I'm getting great growth and thickness. Unfortunately, I cut during a water sign, and my hair is just not behaving at all. Time for a dusting on May 11 (Virgo).

Fethenwen
May 2nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
Hah, if this thing works at all, then wow :p

I might as well try it. I think my time for a micro trim has come. I was thinking of doing it 9th of May. Or maybe 5th? Which is better?

Mesmerise
May 2nd, 2011, 01:43 AM

Hmm now I'm confused because I read on the moon maintenance website: "Water signs such as Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces are the best moon signs for cutting hair for faster growth and thickness."

So errm... is it true or not??!!!

2peasinapod
May 2nd, 2011, 06:35 AM
I think it's both. My hair has always had a tendency to get oily pretty quickly, and I think cutting during the water sign increased that. I've certainly gotten a lot of thickness and growth, though, so that part's accurate.

I'm going to cut during the next earth sign. It's supposed to be fertile and have the same growth benefits, but is not as wet as the water signs.

Mesmerise
May 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
I think it's both. My hair has always had a tendency to get oily pretty quickly, and I think cutting during the water sign increased that. I've certainly gotten a lot of thickness and growth, though, so that part's accurate.

I'm going to cut during the next earth sign. It's supposed to be fertile and have the same growth benefits, but is not as wet as the water signs.

Hmm you know... I think I could put up with extra greasies and annoying hair if it meant thickness and growth, which is what I REALLY need. I guess you can just cut during a water sign for the first few times to really get that growth happening, and then cut during an earth sign afterwards so the annoying parts of the hair settle down???

2peasinapod
May 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I hope it works that way! That's what I'm going to try, anyway. I'll be sure to report back! :)

Fethenwen
May 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
I'm actually looking forward to my trim! :bounce:
It was quite a while ago I trimmed last time, I think it was in November! It will be nothing much, my longest ends are not that bad at all, but I will also do a dusting because I have found some splits recently and they are all on my shorter layers.

Fethenwen
May 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
My trim today is done! Wow, it became wonderfully soft and tangle feel thanks to all the dusting. I also used Faye's self trim method to trim off about half and inch.

Yeah, a good day for a trim it was :)

maborosi
May 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I'm curious to learn more about this. There's a bit of conflicting info about cutting during water signs/ earth signs.

~maborosi~

2peasinapod
August 14th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I'm reviving this thread to say this method works! I've been having rapid growth after cutting in a water sign (the only thing that helped my growth stall). But, I also had the other issues (greasy, flakes, hair wouldn't behave). I cut a few days ago in a earth sign (Capricorn), and now it's completely back to normal. I hope the rate of growth stays fast!

Sookie
August 14th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Cut in earth signs. If you want long hair then in Virgin. If you want vollume then Taurus sign. Always near the fullmoon.
Don't cut in water sign ...you will get dandruff. Follow this. It is a tradition that past through my familly and it has origins to the pagan times.

Mesmerise
August 14th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Hmm I've been trimming in water signs as they're supposed to be good for faster growth. Maybe I'll try earth next time?

oddbeat
August 14th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I'd be willing to try this - couldn't hurt, right? But I'm still confused as to what phase and sign the moon is supposed to be in. Various sites say different things. I'll be watching this thread for more info.

Aveyronnaise
August 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
What are some good dates coming up in Sept ? I had read that the equinox was going to be a good day but on the lunarium site says not ?
what is the deal?

elisam
August 14th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I successfully use the "Morrocco method" and I noticed that my hair are growing faster!

SwordWomanRiona
August 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well, because I'm a hair geek and Astrophysics student (and I like to play...Trimming my hair according to the phases of the Moon sounds interesting :D), I'm going to try this!
I've been planning a trim to even my very uneven hemline for a while now (plus I have to get rid of all the damage to the last inches of my hair little by little).
So I looked at the chart just now, and it says that on 14-16 August you're supposed to get strengthening benefits. It still sounds a bit like Astrology to me, but no harm in trying :)

Maelyssa
August 14th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Glad to see this link revived as I've recently become curious about this myself. My ends are feeling a bit like a trim is due & it's been over 2 years so I figured I could use a straightening of the hemline. Thanks so much for the links on the moon phases...definitely going to use it.

Seems there are a few raving about the benefits of cutting during certain phases of the moon. I'll give it a try next month or so & let you know how it goes after some time.

MissHair
August 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I once remember hearing about a hairdresser who would only stay open during full moon. I never understood why. Is this about gravity or what am I missing?

2peasinapod
August 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
The theory I subscribe to is like lunar gardening. If you want to encourage growth, you should cut or trim when the moon is growing (between the new moon and the full moon). I've also heard between the first quarter and the full moon, but in my experience anytime during the growing phase is OK.

During the full moon, it's influence is especially strong. Way too strong for lunar gardening, but a lot of people have success with hair, especially during the full moon in Leo.

wtchmel
August 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I use the moon cycles for hair cutting and gardening, have for years. Does it make a difference? I believe it does, gardeners have been using these cycles for years and years.

SwordWomanRiona
August 15th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Well, I trimmed my hair yesterday. I downloaded a calendar for 2011, and it claimed that the 14-15-16th of this month were good days to trim (full moon was two days ago), and that I could find strengthening benefits...Well, as I said, no harm in trying.
My hemline at least is no longer lopsided, but reasonably even and at classic :D

lastnite
August 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I also did a little self- trim today. I usually follow the farmer's almanac, but my hair really needed a trim so it seemed like a good time to try the morrocco method dates.

the dates of the morrocco method and the farmer's almanac are rarely the same, anyone more familiar with this stuff know why?

like here the almanac says September 1st is a good day to cut/trim for growth, http://www.almanac.com/bestdays/timetable. but the morrocco method actually says cutting on September 1st, 2011 will slow down growth!! so confusing.,,

swearnsue
August 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I'm going to remember this when I get to trim my hair. Since it's only 2 inches long I probably won't get to trim for a year!. Yesterday my DH sharpened my hair scissors. He's probably wondering why I haven't cut my hair in a while and was thinking my scissors were dull.

AlabasterAlice
August 15th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I would love to hear some good dates for a trim in August or September. I just read that it would be good to trim the 14-16 of August but isn't the moon waning? Wouldn't that make it a bad time to trim seeing as the full moon is now fading instead of growing?

FullMoonTrim
August 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Oh, I can not edit posts I'm afraid. But here are two links:

Farmers' Almanac's Best Days to Cut Hair to Increase Growth (http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calendar/best-days/health-beauty/cut-hair-to-increase-growth/)

The Morroccon Method, best days for beneficial haircutting in 2011 (https://morroccomethod.com/en/educational-resources/the-morrocco-method-for-creating-luxurious-hair)
I always liked the idea of cutting my hair with the moon cycles (hence my user name! :)

swearnsue
August 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I let my DH trim just the dry wispy yucky ends off the back of my hair. He cut straight across and I had him put the cuttings in the sink for my inspection! It was about 1/2 inch off at the center and then the length was less as it moved away from center towards my ears. I guess it was in a V shape. It feels really good and I'm in tune with the moon.... as it should be!

Fairlight63
August 15th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Has any one tried using the Morrocco method THICKEN dates to thicken up your hair?
I think that I am going to try trimming my hair monthly by the THICKEN dates & see if it will help to thicken up my hair. I have about all the length that I need but I sure could use thicker hair. I guess that it can't hurt to try it.

Aveyronnaise
August 16th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I don't know about that Moroccan site. I talked with a friend a bit who is a professional astrologer and she recommended totally different ones , so does the farmer's almanac and this pretty informative article...

http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity

Mesmerise
August 16th, 2011, 03:28 AM
I don't know about that Moroccan site. I talked with a friend a bit who is a professional astrologer and she recommended totally different ones , so does the farmer's almanac and this pretty informative article...

http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity

The method I use is similar to this. I go with cuts during the "growth" signs (water and earth I think) and stick generally between the quarter moon and the full moon, and pick the best sign in there!

gazelle
August 16th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Hi friends. a friend of mine is very interested in moon phases and their effects on human body. She mentions cutting days, also deep conditioning days with oils and proteins seperately. She gives information also for skin, diet and epilation. If you want, I will be pleased to share with you, with her permission.

gazelle
August 16th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Before this knowledge, I was oiling and cutting my hair randomly. Cleaning the oil from my hair was a hell. But she mentioned the oil days. I oiled my hair on that days, to be honest I was'nt beileving her, but just to give a chance.;) Before I washed oils from my hair, I was surprised that oils were absorbed by hair and cleaning was very easy.
She mentioned that the effects of oils on human body is twice, on oiling days.

Sookie
August 16th, 2011, 04:24 AM
gazelle , i would love to hear what your friend says about this. I am very interested and all ears :p

Sookie
August 16th, 2011, 04:48 AM
https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart

Check out what i found. It is based on Marrocco method. I also adored their products! I checked the ingredients and saw that they are all natural..

Sookie
August 16th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Nightblooming has an article about it! I was googling and found it.. http://nightbloominggarden.blogspot.com/2010/09/hair-care-by-moon.html

gazelle
August 16th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Nightblooming has an article about it! I was googling and found it.. http://nightbloominggarden.blogspot.com/2010/09/hair-care-by-moon.html
Sookie, I will contact with my friend and will write the important days for trimming and haircare on this thread. I only know that these two days (16th and 17th August) are carbohydrate days and no efficient trimming or oiling. I will take next dates from her.
( Also I know that this is a hair topic, but just want to mention that do not make epilation before seing the full moon, because your body hairs may return darker and stronger next time) :eyebrows:

Aveyronnaise
August 16th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Incidentally, i have a well timed epilation appointment today . I'll let you if my tiny lip fuzz takes longer to come in hee hee

Sookie
August 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Sookie, I will contact with my friend and will write the important days for trimming and haircare on this thread. I only know that these two days (16th and 17th August) are carbohydrate days and no efficient trimming or oiling. I will take next dates from her.
( Also I know that this is a hair topic, but just want to mention that do not make epilation before seing the full moon, because your body hairs may return darker and stronger next time) :eyebrows:

I am waiting to hear all about it! :)

gazelle
August 16th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Aveyronnaise I hope so:). Of course there are lots of variables effecting our body, for this example mensturation and hormones. But it is usually said that, the things in the world (plants etc.) tend to grow and become stronger when the moon is turning to full. Then the moon becomes smaller. Our grandmothers:) give the information that making epilation is good when the moon gets smaller

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:36 AM
This sounds interesting. I should be getting a trim soon, so why not do it on a good moon day? :agree:

Sookie
August 16th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Maybe it's my sign(Pisces)..or something else i haven't discovered yet...but i totally have an attachment with the moon and the ocean. I love so much following the moon and do my program. I feel so pagan! Hahaha like my ancestors many years ago :p

AlabasterAlice
August 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Maybe it's my sign(Pisces)..or something else i haven't discovered yet...but i totally have an attachment with the moon and the ocean. I love so much following the moon and do my program. I feel so pagan! Hahaha like my ancestors many years ago :p
I'm a Pisces as well, and I can certainly relate. One of my fondest memories was that of walking out on the beach at night, the moon barely there and the stars shining, and feeling this surreal amount of closeness to some intangible essence of life, love, the water, and somehow so much more. It was beautiful, and the way the moon shone down on the sand made it look almost as if I was walking on the moon.

I plan to go out again tonight or tomorrow night, as it has been a good two years since I was able to go to the beach at night.

gazelle
August 17th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Hi friends. The time interval between 17th August 04:01 and 19th August 14:36 are important days for hair care. Protein masks will be very efficient during this time, and eating protein in your diet.
But this hours are for Turkey:confused:. You should add the time difference of your location, if you would like to have maximum efficiency.

Sookie
August 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM
AlabasterAlice: Oh yeah amazing feeling :rolleyes: :)

gazelle: Protein masks oh yeah! Keep us informed for the next days if you want :D But how does she find all this? Can you ask her so we can learn how to take care our hair watching the phase if moon?

Gabriel
August 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I've been trimming every four months on the new moon this year. I just had my second to last trim in July. My ends have really thickened up a lot and I've gained a lot of length even with the trims. I also get a deep treatment done while I'm there. I don't know if the moon phases have helped or not but it does keep me on track with when I should get a trim so I don't over do it or forget.

gazelle
August 17th, 2011, 08:42 AM
:)
AlabasterAlice: Oh yeah amazing feeling :rolleyes: :)

gazelle: Protein masks oh yeah! Keep us informed for the next days if you want :D But how does she find all this? Can you ask her so we can learn how to take care our hair watching the phase if moon?

She was very interested in this issue for years; reading books about the moon and in contact with people like her:). I will ask her and take more information about watching the phase of the moon. I will definitely share more dates

Shesta
August 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Uhuuuu! :) Nice to know it really makes a difference. I just had it trimmed on growing moon now so I'm pretty impatient to see how it would grow. To be honest I've heard before about the growth dependence on the moon cycle but always thought it's total mythology.

vanillabones
August 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I love this thread. I read the whole thing. I'm making myself a moon cutting schedule right now, so if I feel I need a trim within the next 6 months I know what dates will be beneficial according to the moon and astrology.

I've learned I only will cut if it is a moon under Capricorn (my own sign), Taurus, Leo, Libra, possibly Virgo.

So new moon is for length and full moon is for thickness? I think I will only cut during those, then. I think my hair is finally healthy enough to no longer need trims and I can microtrim! Something like 1/8th of an inch.

Here are some I've picked out to chose from :)

New Moon – September 27 - Libra
First Quarter – October 3 - Capricorn
Full Moon – November 10 - Taurus
New Moon – December 24 - Capricorn

Aveyronnaise
August 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I am going to a dance party tonight on high plateau tonight under the moon ... I'll send all of the little moon babies some hair growth energy. This old lady can't wait to dance!

americanjan1
August 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I seem to find a lot of conflicting information. I have no idea how to even sort through it.

SwordWomanRiona
August 18th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi friends. The time interval between 17th August 04:01 and 19th August 14:36 are important days for hair care. Protein masks will be very efficient during this time, and eating protein in your diet.
But this hours are for Turkey:confused:. You should add the time difference of your location, if you would like to have maximum efficiency.

I did an egg-wash today (18th August - I forgot the good day was the 19th, but well...). It was a messy, smelly job, so I hope it will at least be particularly efficient! :eyebrows:

gazelle
August 20th, 2011, 02:22 AM
Your hair is already beautiful and very long, SwordWoman, and egg wash is very good for protein days. Now I'm giving new dates: The time between 19th Aug 14:44 and 22 Aug 02:53 is mineral and root days. These days, hair care is important for the friends who have thinning and shedding hair. Masks including minerals and roots are efficient: for example clay mask for skin and hair.

gazelle
August 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Sorry SwordWomanRionna, I wrote your nick wrong

gazelle
August 20th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Friends, I have the following days, too. I want to give them now, not to forget to write on those days.From 22 Aug 04:53 to 24 Aug 12:31 are oil days. Oiling your hair and skin will be very efficient. But oils and fats in your diet have more effect on yor body, too. So do not consume much fat in these days, if you have weight problem. In addition; if you color or henna your hair, you can do it so a more remarkable color you can gain.

(These hours are Turkey hours, so add the time difference for more efficiency)

sana junaid
August 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
i love this thread wow great info ! i also want to start these moon trims, can anyone give me benificial dates for hair trimings in sep oct nov dec.

Becky9679
August 22nd, 2011, 07:00 AM
This is a very interesting idea, I think I shall definitely try it once I'm trimming again - I'm currently on 'no trims in 2011' to get some length behind me. I think I'm going to try not trimming at all until waist which I'm planning to maintain at for a while until my layers grow out. Maybe I can try trimming for thickness and growth alternately and see if my ends thicken up more quickly?

I've never heard of cutting by the moon before though I know the moon can be very influential in our lives in ways we're not even aware of. I'm sure that sceptics would say there's no way the moon can affect your hair growth but even if that's true it can't have any negative effect to cut at a particular time, so why not do it?

Curly Hermione
August 22nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
OK, i'm a Libra, so does that mean i can trim any day in the new moon/growing moon or are their specific days that are better? I think i want to trim every 3 months, advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sookie
August 23rd, 2011, 01:00 AM
Thank you so much gazelle for all the information! :)

mallorykay13
August 23rd, 2011, 01:40 AM
I understand the moon phase thing but what about the sign? How do they coincide?

missoj
August 23rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
The next new moon is on 29 August so I'm going to give this a try seeing that I'm in need of a trim, but could someone tell me what sign it is in? I'm new to this trimming by the moon, and I'm only doing it because of the results that the ladies on here have had, and like I said I am in need of a trim.

gazelle
August 23rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
You're welcome, Sookie:)

pixiestar
August 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
The next new moon is on 29 August so I'm going to give this a try seeing that I'm in need of a trim, but could someone tell me what sign it is in? I'm new to this trimming by the moon, and I'm only doing it because of the results that the ladies on here have had, and like I said I am in need of a trim.

It's in virgo, not a good one for a trim:( Check this link.

missoj
August 23rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
It's in virgo, not a good one for a trim:( Check this link.

That's :( but the information is kind of conflicting because it says the August 28 is the best day to trim for faster growth under 'New Moon Styles Grow Fast' and then under 'Moon Signs and Hair' it says Virgo under to 'only cut hair during this moon if you want to go from a longer style to a practical and conservative shorter style'. Or am I confused? :confused:

Ligeia_13
August 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
^ I am also confused as hell. Half the sources claim earth signs are best, the other half claim water signs are the best.

Aveyronnaise
August 23rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Here's the deal from what I can tell. There is the information for the phase of the moon ,full , first quarter etc.
But you also combine that with the astrological sign ie taurus, leo etc.
Basically you need to pay attention the combination of the both .
for example this month's new moon is in virgo which isn't the best for cutting if you want the results that we do - optimal length etc . Next month's new moon is in capricorn which is perfect for the results that i am looking for , so that is when I am doing my next trim.
I think you just have to pay attention to both the article i posted a while back has good dates for the next few months.
I hope this cleared this up a bit but i am working on zero sleep so who knows.

so I guess what I meant to say is that you need a good sign and the right phase for the results that you are looking for I thought of another example too. I got an waxing on the last quarter ( waning ) moon in aries - a good combination of both for retarding hair growth , maybe combination of last quarter moon in leo wouldn't have been the optimal choice.

Ligeia_13
August 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
^ yes but which are the good signs? That's what I'm confused about. The article says mostly the water signs but in this thread, I've seen a few suggesting earth signs.

Which is why I'm confuzzeld.

Aveyronnaise
August 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Yah there is always a lot of confusion with this kind of stuff. I just went by the article I posted because I checked it with an astrologer friend of mine and he said it was well aligned with astrology.
at the end of that article she kind of gives the "personality" of the signs and the strengths of each one , the water and earth signs are the "best" ones . If you kind of read about them you can see which ones kind of line up with the type of trim you are doing . Like i am really concentrating on length these days because i am ok with my thickness , so i am going for a cut on the capricorn moon , because it is earthy and a productive hard worker . If you wanted a different "goal" you could pair it up with the other water or earth signs and see how it matches up with you.
I think the last part of the article moon signs and the hair is good to familiarize you with the "personalities" .

pixiestar
August 23rd, 2011, 01:30 PM

Here is a link to the universal Lunar calendar. You can change your location at the top for your country.
Cut hair during the new moon for faster, longer, healthier hair. Cut in Taurus, cancer, scorpio, capricorn or pieces:D

YepLilly
August 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Like i am really concentrating on length these days because i am ok with my thickness , so i am going for a cut on the capricorn moon , because it is earthy and a productive hard worker .

What if my goal is thickness and strength instead of length? I'm so confused with the moon phases and signs. Which ones should I choose? Thanks!

Aveyronnaise
August 23rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
What if my goal is thickness and strength instead of length? I'm so confused with the moon phases and signs. Which ones should I choose? Thanks!
So again , I would recommend that article it's a good primer ... http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity
But for my buck I would say , the next full moon here in Sept would line up well for you , the full moon in Pisces is very productive and feminine and the full moon is good for full potential if that makes any sense. I'm not a 100 percent on the full moon relating to strength but thickness I know the full moon is the time :)

Oh and that is just for the coming month , the full moon in Leo is the best for thickness but , I think should be sometime in Jan or Feb. But Pisces is really an excellent sign for lushness as well .

GermanCurl
August 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM
I started trimming by the moon about a year ago. I definetly noticed a difference in faster growth. I prefer cutting when the new moon is either in pisces, cancer or scorpio.

YepLilly
August 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
So again , I would recommend that article it's a good primer ... http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity
But for my buck I would say , the next full moon here in Sept would line up well for you , the full moon in Pisces is very productive and feminine and the full moon is good for full potential if that makes any sense. I'm not a 100 percent on the full moon relating to strength but thickness I know the full moon is the time :)

Oh and that is just for the coming month , the full moon in Leo is the best for thickness but , I think should be sometime in Jan or Feb. But Pisces is really an excellent sign for lushness as well .

Thank you so much! :flower:

I checked the link. So based on that and what you said, I think this is the best for thickness:

1) Full moon in Leo.
2) Full moon in Pisces.
3) Full moon in Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn.
4) Growing moon (preferably between first-quarter and full moon) in Leo, Pisces, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn.

Becky9679
August 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Interesting, I'm new to trimming by the moon and I was just using the lunar calendar (http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2010&calendarMonth=10) to work out when the moon will be in the best signs for trimming next year and out of interest I looked up what phase and sign the moon was in last time I trimmed since I got a lot of very fast growth (about 3 inches in the first 4 months after I trimmed, then it slowed down).

It was 6 November 2010, location UK - the moon was new and in Scorpio which is apparently an excellent time to cut hair for fast growth!

prettykitty
August 23rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
I took a look at the lunar calendar and chose some dates, roughly three months apart, for my next few trims.
I've no idea if it would 'work' or not, but that's not really what it's about for me, I just like thinking about the pagan feel to it and the idea of choosing special days to care for my hair, it's all just pretty to even think about :)

oddbeat
August 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
So, I think I've figured out the sign part, but I'm a bit confused still about the moon phase. If I'm going for thickness, is it best to trim under the full moon or the first quarter? Because the site says that trimming during the full moon results in even growth, but trimming during the first quarter will help maintain the look and stimulate growth. And really both of those things sound about the same. So is one better than the other or do I just pick one? :laugh:

Zenity
August 24th, 2011, 03:51 AM
When I was 16 my sister cut my long hair pixie. I was obsessed into growing it long again. My mom told me to trim it only in when the moon was growing.

I did. I also had a long cardboard on the back of the door and every time I trimmed my hair I would pull one of the longer ones I could find from the roots and tape it at the cardboard as a visual graphic and guide for me to know how much my hair was growing taking notes at the dates to compare. A teenager graphic, lol!

2 years or so went by and my hair was waist length. And I remember sometimes I would not believe how much my hair had grown since the last trim. I think at that time I only trimmed 3 to 4 times at the year in order to let it grow.

So definitely growing moon = growing hair quite fast.

I wish she was around as she knew everything related to this, in terms on how to stop shedding, how to grow thicker hair, and all of that based on moon and herbs.

Kyaatje
August 24th, 2011, 04:38 AM
going to micro trim my damaged ends until I do a bigger trim (if necessary) on the 18th July 2012 (new moon in Cancer)
Next micro trim will be the 3rd of September (waxing moon in Scorpio)
I'm curious about the results :D:p

Ligeia_13
August 24th, 2011, 04:53 AM
going to micro trim my damaged ends until I do a bigger trim (if necessary) on the 18th July 2012 (new moon in Cancer)
Next micro trim will be the 3rd of September (waxing moon in Scorpio)
I'm curious about the results :D:p

That's my birthday! Do you think I might get even better results if I trim then? Haha :D

Cupofmilk
August 24th, 2011, 05:03 AM

Here is a link to the universal Lunar calendar. You can change your location at the top for your country.
Cut hair during the new moon for faster, longer, healthier hair. Cut in Taurus, cancer, scorpio, capricorn or pieces:D

Right - I am in the UK too. I needto find a moon in the new stage with one of those star signs so that would be 29th September?

PinkyCat
August 24th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Boy is this confusing!! Maybe I'll just stick to my two month micro trim. :cheese:

mrs_coffee
August 24th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Friends, I have the following days, too. I want to give them now, not to forget to write on those days.From 22 Aug 04:53 to 24 Aug 12:31 are oil days. Oiling your hair and skin will be very efficient.

I oiled my skin and hair yesterday. Normally when I oil my skin I still feel a residue of oil on my face after a couple of hours, but this time the oil was completely absorbed into my skin within an hour and all I feel when I touch my face is very soft skin. That's SO strange to me, but there was definitely a difference.

I have read about trimming hair according to the moon (I always garden according to the moon) but now I really want to try and pay attention and see if it makes a difference.

Kyaatje
August 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
That's my birthday! Do you think I might get even better results if I trim then? Haha :D

Hihi perhaps you would ! I'm not trimming on my birthday but I'm a cancer so I wanted my bigger trim with cancer :cheese:

missoj
September 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I'm beginning to think trimming by the moon might work. I trimmed my hair on 2 September when the moon was in Scorpio (according to the lunarium.co.uk website) and V tip was just below my bra strap (about 1cm). It was more of a dusting than trim, but my V tip ended at the bottom of my bra strap. Ten days later, my hair is slightly longer than before the dusting that means it grew a bit more than 1cm in ten days, and that's a lot for me because my hair grows slow.

MandyBeth
September 12th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I am SOOOO lost!

When in September/October is a good time to cut hair by the moon? I do not get how to read the calender at all.

missoj
September 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I am SOOOO lost!

When in September/October is a good time to cut hair by the moon? I do not get how to read the calender at all.

I used this list the link was given by Aveyronnaise. It shows in what moon phases and signs it is best to cut hair. http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity

and www.lunarium.co.uk shows the phases of the moon and what signs it is in.

According to the first site the 27th September is best to trim hair for longer growth.

gazelle
September 13th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Protein and vitamin days from 13th September (10:49) to 15th September (21:24). If you do hair and skin masks with proteins they will be better absorbed. (You know better than me: egg washes, yoghurt masks etc...) And try to consume protein and vitamins(fresh fruits) in your diet.

New2NH2012
September 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
My hair is a V and I'm unsure why since I had it cut straight a while ago.. :confused: I would like to trim the middle to catch up with the sides but do not want to just full on chop it off to match. I'm hoping that this will help me... looks like Sept 27, I'll be trimming my hair. Fingers crossed it'll work... also gonna start the rooibo experiment that is on this site too. Anything to get to TBL. :D

vanillabones
September 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I will be trimming on September 27th as well... I haven't trimmed since the beginning of May... my hair really needs it, I think I will cut 1/2 inch, my old bleach ends are starting to split again and it is growing into a mullet again :'(

Aveyronnaise
September 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I'm trimming on the 27th as well new moon in Libra under the sun in Libra maybe it will be the Aphrodite of hair cuts ?
My last trim was in January, so it is well needed.

PinkyCat
September 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
I'm trimming tomorrow - the 27th - but does it have to be at night when the moon is out? (er, you know what I mean)

Fairlight63
September 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I have been trimming with New Moon in:
Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces - which ever is closest to the New Moon.

I am trimming on Thurs 29th. when the New Moon is in Scorpio. The moon goes into Scorpio on Wed. at 23:04 which is too late at night, so I am going to trim on Thurs. I believe that the moon is still in Scorpio until Fri. at hr. of 23:41, then it moves into Sagittarius. (This is according to the Lunarium Universal Lunar Calendar)

Ligeia_13
September 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I was planning on trimming on the 3rd of October but it seems too close to my last one. Which means my next best shot is....December 24th. Which is a little too far away. We'll see.

Curly Hermione
September 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I also would like to know if trimming must be done at night, as i plan to do it tomorrow. Would anyone know what time is best tomorrow? You guys have been so helpfull already :)

Fethenwen
September 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
^ As I understood it, I don't think the time of the day matters that much.

I will also be trimming tomorrow, getting my bangs and front layers fixed :)

isabelx
September 26th, 2011, 12:47 PM
This is extremely fascinating :)

Although there is a new moon tomorrow it says the moon is in Libra, on Thursday it will be in Scorpio and according to http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity it says it's best to trim whilst the moon is in Scorpio, but it also say's to trim on the new moon tomorrow?? So should I do it tomorrow or wait until Thursday? Confused!

PinkyCat
September 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
This is extremely fascinating :)

Although there is a new moon tomorrow it says the moon is in Libra, on Thursday it will be in Scorpio and according to http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity it says it's best to trim whilst the moon is in Scorpio, but it also say's to trim on the new moon tomorrow?? So should I do it tomorrow or wait until Thursday? Confused!

I have been trimming with New Moon in:
Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces - which ever is closest to the New Moon.

I am trimming on Thurs 29th. when the New Moon is in Scorpio. The moon goes into Scorpio on Wed. at 23:04 which is too late at night, so I am going to trim on Thurs. I believe that the moon is still in Scorpio until Fri. at hr. of 23:41, then it moves into Sagittarius. (This is according to the Lunarium Universal Lunar Calendar)

Looks like Fairlight63's method here is correct - Isabelx is right too. Hairbrained lists what date the new moons are on only - not what signs they are in. You must look at the lunarium to find the next sign before the first quarter.

isabelx
September 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
So it is more important/effective to trim according to the signs rather than on the night of the new moon? Thanks for clearing this up for me!

PinkyCat
September 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
So it is more important/effective to trim according to the signs rather than on the night of the new moon? Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Seems that way - the new moon must be in those particular signs.

mrs_coffee
September 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I view it the same as planting my garden according to the moon, so I don't worry about the time of day, only the phase of the moon.

FrozenBritannia
September 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I'm so confused. So, if if I plan to do my next trim on the 24th of december (easy to remember) and I'm a taurus going for length, is that good for me? And does that mean no micro trimming in between? Or does micro trimming not count?

swearnsue
September 26th, 2011, 08:30 PM
It has gotten too confusing for me and that takes the fun out of it. I'm going to trim every full moon. I have a few scraggly ends on the far right and left of my hair that I'm saving to trim on the full moon in October. My hair is very fine so I think trimming every month would be good.

Hotrox
September 26th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I'm so confused. So, if if I plan to do my next trim on the 24th of december (easy to remember) and I'm a taurus going for length, is that good for me? And does that mean no micro trimming in between? Or does micro trimming not count?

It does not matter what your sign is, just where the moon is it its cycle. A trim of the Dec 24th sounds like a good plan to me and micro trimming in-between is totally up to you and it you think your hair needs it.

mrs_coffee
September 27th, 2011, 03:27 AM
It has gotten too confusing for me and that takes the fun out of it.

I'm trimming with the new moon and not worrying much, if any, about signs, etc. I get confused too easily and then worry that I'm doing it wrong. I need to keep it simple and chill out.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/tackyblueeyeshadow/Smileys/lotussmiley.gif

FrozenBritannia
September 27th, 2011, 08:38 AM
It does not matter what your sign is, just where the moon is it its cycle. A trim of the Dec 24th sounds like a good plan to me and micro trimming in-between is totally up to you and it you think your hair needs it.

Thank you! I will have to start taking note of the moon..

vanillabones
September 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I had my friend trim my hair 1/2 inch yesterday :) my ends are so much thicker even though I lost a lot of length it feels like... and so much more dead little random long layer is gone. Yay. Hopefully it will grow back fast. So many layers to grow out still.

Sunsailing
September 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
How does the amount of light reflecting off the Moon's surface affect growth?
(The act of cutting the hair has no affect on growth, regardless of when it's cut.)

If it's just for fun, then why not? :)
But there is no science behind any of this (said the science teacher...) ;)

Ligeia_13
September 29th, 2011, 02:31 AM
^ personally I think its the positive thinking that might do it. If you cut your hair thinking "oh well, never mind, its going to grow back fast", then chances are it will. You know, cause of the psychological factor :)

SheeJee
September 29th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Not sure if this link has been posted yet, but I found this helpful:

http://lunarium.blogspot.com/2006/05/on-cutting-hair-with-moon.html

PinkyCat
September 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Well, did my trim this morning. Lets see what happens.

Albiryo
September 29th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Never thought about that... o_O

Maybe I´ll give it a shot!

sana junaid
September 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Going to trim my hairs now..lets see what happens !

missoj
October 3rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
A bit back I updated about my dusting trim in september while the moon was rising (first quarter) in scorpio and I had gotten the length back in about 10 days. Now one month later, my hair has grown an inch which is the. most I have ever gotten in one month. The only thing different that I had done over the past month was taking dolomite tablets in addition to my hair and nails multivitamin, and I don't even take them everyday, only when I remember to. My normal routine I wash 2-3 times a week with organics herbal shampoo (I think it has sulfates which is bad I know), organics shea butter conditioner or john frieda roots rewaken (something like that) and once a week with horse shampoo, have weekly deep conditioner or oilings.

Buffy
October 3rd, 2011, 01:16 AM
Oh my god......seriously girls? come on....

Aveyronnaise
October 3rd, 2011, 01:24 AM

Um if you aren't interested in this sort of thing it's not necessary to barge into the thread with sarcastic remarks. You can simply roll your eyes in the privacy of your own home and move on .

missoj
October 3rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Don't bash it, until you have tried it, clearly it has worked for me.

PinkyCat
October 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM

Get over yourself.

Cowgirl16
October 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
I cut my hair on the last full moon and I grew a solid inch this month :D

mrs_coffee
October 3rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
I got an inch from new moon last month to new moon this month.

It's okay if you don't buy it. No big deal. Pretty childish to come in here and be so sarcastic and rude, though.

meeta
October 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
I can't click those links! ARGH!

mrs_coffee
October 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
You can't click the links why? They're not working for you?

lillylonghair
October 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
So I have trimmed twice so far on the new moon. I don't measure but my hair ''feels'' longer.lol

SheeJee
October 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
There is so much confusing information on this thread :( How come some people trim on full moon and others on new moon? Which one should I do? and What about star signs?

I trim between first quarter and full moon (waxing/growing moon) and when the moon is either in Taurus or one of the water signs, is this correct?

Thank you so much for any help, I am very confused!!! :(

MyKing'sQueen
October 4th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I'm joining! I'm doing microtrims monthly to get rid of damage. I did my last trim Sept. 27 which was new moon in Libra and my hair is now 0.3 inches longer than it was before the cut (it's only been a week) which is really good since my normal rate is 0.5 a month. My schedule for the rest of the year:
Oct. 26 (new moon in Scorpio)
Nov. 26 (new moon in Capricorn)
Dec. 24 (new moon in Capricorn)
Feel free to correct me if I picked a wrong date.

Sammich
October 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Well I was looking on the website Farmer's (Ala something, lazy to look), and it says today is a great day to trim your hair if you want faster growth. Or... should I wait for the 26/27th(Because I'm in VN) to trim on the new moon?
Which is better? There is alot of conflicting information on this, because I checked the other method's website and they said the 4th is a day to cut to RETARD growth. So confusing!

ATM, I'm just going to ignore the star signs, and just cut on the new moon or before it? ... If that's right? (Unsure)

Cutting on the new moon is to increase hair growth rate, apparently doing so on the full moon is to increase the thickness of your hair.

TheDutchess
October 4th, 2011, 03:25 AM
argh. and i just trimmed my hair yesterday. Sigh!

Buffy
October 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Um if you aren't interested in this sort of thing it's not necessary to barge into the thread with sarcastic remarks. You can simply roll your eyes in the privacy of your own home and move on .

Don't bash it, until you have tried it, clearly it has worked for me.

Get over yourself.

It's okay if you don't buy it. No big deal. Pretty childish to come in here and be so sarcastic and rude, though.

First off, i didn't come here in order to bash. I clicked on the subject without knowing what it was about, read it, and then expressed my opinion.

Secondly i didn't bash! If you are offended or find SO sarcastic and rude the phrase: "omg,Seriously girls, come on" , that is YOUR problem. Because it obviously isn't neither sarcastic nor rude.

I don't buy it and i just said it, without being rude or calling you stupid for believing it. Am i not aloud to say my opinion?!
YOU should get over yourselves and not be RUDE to anyone who has a different opinion than yours. ;)

FullMoonTrim
October 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Buffy,
This site is meant to be a supportive environment. If you aren't in 'support' of this type of thing, move on to the next thing. There is really something here for everyone!

Buffy
October 5th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Honey, as you said, this is a site for SUPPORT, not for closing mouths! Or having to agree with everything.

I NEVER attacked anyone and i NEVER told anyone what to do. I just read a topic, found it a bit "out there" and said it, without being rude or discouraging anyone! I'm not the problem. The problem are people who get offended if you don't agree with them!

Aveyronnaise
October 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
No you are being rude . If you find something isn't for you move on . I don't know how to be more clear. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you agree with our trimming schedules .
It has to do with you going out of your way to come in the thread with some rude comment .
You are welcome to disagree but have some tact, or better yet "If you don't have something nice to say , don't say anything at all."

Avital88
October 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
wow, someone here has some frustrations..

Well what to say, ive been trimming my hair by moonphases now for almost 2 years, and i cant say it doesnt work as my hair grows like weed, especially when i started to cut in the full moon for thickness, my hair improved so much.I'm thinking about trimming for thickness again when its full moon in December,happy growing all!

taimatsuko
October 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Unrelated to (and slightly intimidated by) the current exchange but,

I just started trimming and general lunar haircare. I really like it so far. Sets out a schedule to stick by and gives a special sort of meaning to my doing my hair. It has now changed from a tedious process to a fun and important one!

Ligeia_13
October 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Because it obviously isn't neither sarcastic nor rude.

Well, it is a little rude. You're basically suggesting we're all morons for trying an experiment.

That being said, I don't think you need to be fired at for it. People just seem to be really sensitive online these days.

mrs_coffee
October 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Don't feed the trolls. :)

akuamoonmaui
October 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Don't feed the trolls. :):tmi:

Thank you!! :agree:

Ok, so I've read about this off and on for a while and I'm going to give it a try. I typically trim my hair every three months or so, so that fits in with the solstice concepts, and as another member stated, it gives a specific date so you can get closer to your goals...

Does anyone have any explanation on why this works? I haven't read any links that explain that, and I can't get my little head past the knowledge that you're cutting hair, how can that help it grow? The only thing I can think of is you are massaging (on some level) your head to straighten and cut the hair, so maybe that in conjunction with the moon phase is the magic?

Fethenwen
October 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
^ Not sure, but you are right about the fact that cutting the hair cannot make it grow faster.

I think the reason for this to work might be a more metaphysical thing. Give your hair a fresh start on a day when it is good to give it a fresh start, sort of a push forward.

Many things are affected on this planet by the lunar cycle, so I don't really see it as impossible for our bodies and hair included to be affected too.

Here's in an example of what kind of influences moon phases can have on plants for instance:
http://www.biodynamics.in/Rhythm.htm

FrozenBritannia
October 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
My husband swears by the tides when he's fishing, and that is controlled by the moon. He also claims that women get crazy on the full moon.:whistle:
Maybe it's increased blood flow?
Who knows.. But I'm going to try it. I've got to trim once in awhile anyways, might as well have a date set in advance!

akuamoonmaui
October 5th, 2011, 01:51 PM
My husband swears by the tides when he's fishing, and that is controlled by the moon. He also claims that women get crazy on the full moon.:whistle:
Maybe it's increased blood flow?
Who knows.. But I'm going to try it. I've got to trim once in awhile anyways, might as well have a date set in advance!

I wouldn't limit it to just women..... ask anyone in the medical or educational industry. More people end up in the ER and have babies on a full moon, and most teachers know when the full moon is 'cause of the way their students behave as a whole.

I think most serious fisher-people follow moon phases. Wasband did when fishing on lakes/streams and Hawaiians certainly do with the ocean as well as planting/not planting as well as what plants they planted.

Where I'm still perplexed is won't your hair grow according to the moon phase whether or not it's cut? I don't understand why cutting will "improve" what should already be happening? :doh: Unless it gets back to that scalp stimulation thought I had.

elfgirl
October 5th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I've been reading about this for a while now, and am happily anxious to try it! :D )O(

FrozenBritannia
October 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't limit it to just women..... ask anyone in the medical or educational industry. More people end up in the ER and have babies on a full moon, and most teachers know when the full moon is 'cause of the way their students behave as a whole.

I think most serious fisher-people follow moon phases. Wasband did when fishing on lakes/streams and Hawaiians certainly do with the ocean as well as planting/not planting as well as what plants they planted.

Where I'm still perplexed is won't your hair grow according to the moon phase whether or not it's cut? I don't understand why cutting will "improve" what should already be happening? :doh: Unless it gets back to that scalp stimulation thought I had.

Yes, hubby used to be a commercial fisherman. :)

Yes, probably the scalp stimulation, or maybe something to do with the scalp "Sensing" the cut (I don't know, by lightness or something? Hair usually does look bouncier and better after a trim even if it is microscopic for some reason) and directing more grow signals than usual??

Charlotte:)
October 5th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I understand that the moon's gravitational pull is strongest during a waxing moon which is why it's the best time to trim, but could someone please explain how the different signs make any difference? I've always trimmed during a waxing moon regardless of it's sign.

mrs_coffee
October 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I think cutting by the moon is more ritualistic than anything. I believe it will grow quicker during certain phases of the moon regardless of whether or not it is trimmed, but really who knows for sure?

I garden according to the moon's phases, planting certain types of plants at the most beneficial phases. People have been doing that for centuries.

Charlotte:)
October 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I think cutting by the moon is more ritualistic than anything. I believe it will grow quicker during certain phases of the moon regardless of whether or not it is trimmed, but really who knows for sure?

I garden according to the moon's phases, planting certain types of plants at the most beneficial phases. People have been doing that for centuries.

I agree with this. I just trim during the waxing moon, because the hair I trim off will grow back quicker during this time. What I don't undertand is how the different signs would interfere with or encourage the hair growth at all.

Buffy
October 6th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Fishing and the moon has to do with the light of the moon.Not the moon itself.
The fish is drawn to the light, so that's why fishing has to do with it. Depending on the way you fish, depends whether the moon works with you or "against" toy. E.g. If you are fishing with very big, "bucket"-like (i'm sorry i don't know the terminology in English) nets, during night, you DON'T go fishing when the moon is full, because the fish doesn't go on your lamps, but is all over the place. But when you are fishing with a fishing rod, it's better to do it on a fool moon.
My boyfriend's father is a fisherman ;)

@Ligeia_13 , i doubted a method you use. Why is this rude? Anyway, as you already said in a previous post, it's mostly the positive thinking that helps in such experiments. If you believe it you'll see it. So, no harm in that ;)

Audrey Horne
October 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM
I don't believe it will give me a lion mane but it doesn't hurt to trim this way, it helps me to make a decision and pick a "trim day" even faster :D

FrozenBritannia
October 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Fishing and the moon has to do with the light of the moon.Not the moon itself.
The fish is drawn to the light, so that's why fishing has to do with it. Depending on the way you fish, depends whether the moon works with you or "against" toy. E.g. If you are fishing with very big, "bucket"-like (i'm sorry i don't know the terminology in English) nets, during night, you DON'T go fishing when the moon is full, because the fish doesn't go on your lamps, but is all over the place. But when you are fishing with a fishing rod, it's better to do it on a fool moon.
My boyfriend's father is a fisherman ;)
Thats only if you fish at night. :) On a tidal river, the most fish come in with the tide. At slack water, you might as well go home for lunch because you aren't going to catch anything.

omgitssarah
October 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I actually started doing this as a way to put off a trim, making myself wait until it's a "good" day to cut means that I won't get frustrated at the awkward stages and cut it all back to pixie.

Ligeia_13
October 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
@Ligeia_13 , i doubted a method you use. Why is this rude? Anyway, as you already said in a previous post, it's mostly the positive thinking that helps in such experiments. If you believe it you'll see it. So, no harm in that ;)

Exactly :D I'm thinking my way to longer hair!

Buffy
October 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Exactly :D I'm thinking my way to longer hair!

χαχαχαχαχα!!! :D

MrsGuther
October 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I thought it would be nice to post links, info, and personal experience/stories for those who follow, or are interested in, moon phases when trimming/cutting, conditioning/styling, etc. I've done a "Moon Phase" search on the forums and found some information, sporadic at best, and I am wondering if anyone has additional information they would like to share as to their regime, according to the moon/planets/astrology sings...

I hear some use the morroccon method while others use the farmer's almanac, some go by the first quarter of the moon before it reaches full, while others choose to use the astrology signs. Each method appears quite a bit different from one to the next. I would like to hear people's experiences regarding any of these. I personally think I will be using the first quarter method.

I bring this up because I have just bought my first pair of shears (Tweezerman 2000, 5.5" shears - recommended by this site) and will take it upon myself to begin cutting/trimming my own hair. I've never done it myself before but I am excited and feeling a bit liberated (not needing to rely on another to trim/cut my hair). I have read trimming information and stories provided on this site by a great many of members, along with some tutorials also from members of this site. :)

I appreciate anyone willing to share in this thread any information they have.

I've never heard of this before. Sounds fascinating. Just curious, what are the benefits of trimming according to the moon phase?

MrsGuther
October 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Ohhhh I see now. I was thinking it sounded like a ritual of some kind.

knoxkatie
October 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Is anyone planning on trimming this weekend? The farmer's almanac says the 9th and 10th are good dates.

Sookie
October 7th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Does anyone knows how to take care of hair according to the moon phases? An article maybe?

Fethenwen
October 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
^ I found quite a lot of interesting stuff just by googling - hair care lunar :)

---

I was just checking, waxing moon in leo is like I thought it would, next year. In February. I think I will have my more major trim done then :)

Until then I will only S&D. This is actually great, I will have to keep myself from cutting my hair and try to grow my layers and bangs longer (grow out the cut so to speak), so that when I go to the hairdresser she will have more to work with and create something new.

PinkyCat
October 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Well, I trimmed on 9/29, and now its 10/17, and I have back what I trimmed. Not even a month has passed.

Whats that mean? Who knows. Trimming again the day after Christmas.

Fethenwen
October 18th, 2011, 12:02 AM
^ I don't know either, but cheers to your new growth! :beerchug:

PinkyCat
October 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
^ I don't know either, but cheers to your new growth! :beerchug:
Thanks! :bottomsup:

Cupofmilk
October 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
What is the next date for good length growth?

MyKing'sQueen
October 18th, 2011, 08:31 PM
What is the next date for good length growth?
I'm trimming October 26th which is new moon in scorpio. I hope this is right?

curlytiff27
November 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I looked at this site here: http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity

I happen to have my hair appt. scheduled on 11/10 to get a good bit cut off (lost alot due to stree and post partum shedding, so I need to even up my hemline). Will this date make sense for cutting to achieve growth and thickening?

Thanks all!

Aveyronnaise
November 5th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Well , curly tif, I think it's a great one for thickening and for strength especially . If you think of the profile for Taurus , very hard working, strong fertile earth sign ruled over by venus , it looks like a great time to cut .
It's not especially highlighted for growth as a new moon but I would say that the fertility and stamina of taurus should help with that and give you the best of both worlds.

Bish
November 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
So, let me see if I get this right, because I'm confused.

Between New moon and first quarter moon cutting (in the right signs) is faster hair growth. The right signs are: Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. (but someone said that water signs were not good?)

I last cut accordingly to the Farmers Almanac link I found before this tread, and cut (mictrotrimmed) on the 2nd of November, which according to the moonphase theory seems not very good (between first quarter and full moon and on Aquarius sign, which says to be very difficult). My hair seems extremely greasy the last weeks, but that also was before cutting on this date though.

What should I believe and do now? The Morroccan method states again other dates. None of the dates of the three methods seem to be the same..

I was now thinking of instead of microtimming again on the 7th of December (Farmers Almanac) to microtrim on the 26th/27th of November (Between new al first Q and Capricorn sign).. But I'm confused!

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
That is so neat! I'm going to do more research on it!

Aveyronnaise
November 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
So okay , Other than that hairbrained article that I posted a while back I wanted to recommend a basic site to familiarize yourself with astrology which is what most of the cutting by the moon goes by, except the Moroccan method which honestly I don't know what the heck they go by.
http://www.elore.com/Astrology/Study/taurus.htm

I set it on Taurus because the next full moon is there and someone asked about it . You can search the other signs to the bottom left column. Anyhow you can see the element of the sign and the nature of it , i think this can clear up some of the confusion. If one can see a "profile" of the sign , maybe you can see if the sign suits your hair goals.
The feminine signs are the signs under earth or water , they have a fertile kind of energy and that is why they are the better ones to choose . I think the two resources combined could lead to a better understanding of the thing.
Good luck and you can ask more specific questions I'll be happy to answer.

curlytiff27
November 5th, 2011, 08:50 PM
So, let me see if I get this right, because I'm confused.

Between New moon and first quarter moon cutting (in the right signs) is faster hair growth. The right signs are: Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces. (but someone said that water signs were not good?)

I last cut accordingly to the Farmers Almanac link I found before this tread, and cut (mictrotrimmed) on the 2nd of November, which according to the moonphase theory seems not very good (between first quarter and full moon and on Aquarius sign, which says to be very difficult). My hair seems extremely greasy the last weeks, but that also was before cutting on this date though.

What should I believe and do now? The Morroccan method states again other dates. None of the dates of the three methods seem to be the same..

I was now thinking of instead of microtimming again on the 7th of December (Farmers Almanac) to microtrim on the 26th/27th of November (Between new al first Q and Capricorn sign).. But I'm confused!

Thank you so much for your reply. Im hoping that this does well for my hair. My main goal is to thickening it up! :)

curlytiff27
November 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Oops..I didn't mean to quote your reply Bish...I meant to quote you Aveyronnise.

Lissandria
November 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I dusted only one week ago but decided microtrim again just now due to the Waxing moon being in Pisces at the moment. I'm hoping for some good growth. Wish me luck!

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I may have asked this before, I can't remember.. Does what sign you are personally, have any effect on the cutting days? For instance, if you a taurus, and the moon is in taurus is it double good for you?

Lissandria
November 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
^^ No I don't think it matters :)

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
huh, too bad. That would be Awesome!

Lissandria
November 7th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I'm a Capricorn, and when the moon is in Capricorn is a good time to trim, as well. I have always thought It would be cool if it worked double, too :)

Aveyronnaise
November 7th, 2011, 01:43 AM
I don't think it really matters, it's really I think about doing the thing at the proper time. Like the most auspicious time.

Avital88
November 7th, 2011, 03:14 AM
hmm i will wait until a waxing moon in pisces.. Anyone know when this will exactly be? somewhere around 20th of february 2012?

Aveyronnaise
November 7th, 2011, 05:02 AM
hmm i will wait until a waxing moon in pisces.. Anyone know when this will exactly be? somewhere around 20th of february 2012?

Actually the next time the moon is waxing in Pisces is on Dec 1st ... check it out on lunarium...http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2011&calendarMonth=11

It's actually waxing and in Pisces from the 1st through the 3rd , but the properties are strongest when the sign is in the beginning.

Avital88
November 7th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Actually the next time the moon is waxing in Pisces is on Dec 1st ... check it out on lunarium...http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?calendarYear=2011&calendarMonth=11

It's actually waxing and in Pisces from the 1st through the 3rd , but the properties are strongest when the sign is in the beginning.

oh great, i was already thinking that my ends wouldnt hold until february:)) my last trim was in August.but hmm i wasnt supposed to trim anymore this year. im gonna check the link, thanks!

Avital88
November 7th, 2011, 05:48 AM
oh i do think im gonna hold it out until Februari now i found a Leo near a full moon at februari 6 2012. that will be pampering my ends a lot, and a good trim in february,looking forward:D

louiba
November 7th, 2011, 06:49 AM
i always have my hair cut when it's a new moon in a water sign, preferably pisces. if i'm desperate i'll make do with a earth sign, like taurus or capricorn. i also use the lunarium calendar, it's important to know when the moon is void of course and avoid doing anything to the hair, especially new changes, during that time (a couple of hour gap between one moon sign and the next).

FrozenBritannia
November 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
i always have my hair cut when it's a new moon in a water sign, preferably pisces. if i'm desperate i'll make do with a earth sign, like taurus or capricorn. i also use the lunarium calendar, it's important to know when the moon is void of course and avoid doing anything to the hair, especially new changes, during that time (a couple of hour gap between one moon sign and the next).

You mean when there is no moon?

Aveyronnaise
November 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
You mean when there is no moon?

no there is a "dead space" in between the signs , whenever the moon changes signs. You can see it on Lunarium.When there is no moon it is a good time for new beginnings and it's called the new moon .

FrozenBritannia
November 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
oi, complicated! Who knew? I can see I'll have to sit down one night when the kids are asleep and study this fully!

chelles2kids
November 7th, 2011, 07:01 PM

I'm learning all kinds of things from this thread...thanks for all of the great information Aveyronnaise!;)

So would December 1st be a good time for another trim? I need a micro trim badly & have been using the MM hair cutting schedule but after reading the past several pages it looks like their schedule is not the best one to go by.

W2
November 8th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Quite interesting - as I see it, it can't hurt.

I had my husbond trim my hair oct. 30. - seems to be a waxing crescent in the scorpio - so without knowing it was not such a bad idea.

I've got this smartphone and has downloaded an app that shows both when the moon is full, waxing and so on and the signs - and I've compared it to the lunarcalendar.uk - seems to match.

So now I will probably try cut it accordingly - if it helps - fine - if not - well - I would have cut it every 8 weeks anyway, so the diffence is the same.

Bish
November 8th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Would it be better to cut your hair when the moon is 'newest', but in earth sign? Capricorn and trim on the 27th/28th of November?

Or would it be better to cut when the moon is not as new anymore but still 'growing', but cut in a water sign? Pisces, December 1st/2nd. (or when it is first quarter or later) December 3rd, 4th.. etc.

Dilemmas!

Avital88
November 8th, 2011, 03:31 AM
i heard its better to cut in some watersigns especially pisces is very 'fruitfull' what means good growth.. i i were you i would go for dec 1st..on the other hand i heard aquarius is not a good one for growth so it differs,, pisces,leo,cancer and scorpio are the best probably

Bish
November 8th, 2011, 03:55 AM
i heard its better to cut in some watersigns especially pisces is very 'fruitfull' what means good growth.. i i were you i would go for dec 1st..on the other hand i heard aquarius is not a good one for growth so it differs,, pisces,leo,cancer and scorpio are the best probably

In my timezone the Moon goes to Pisces on December 1st, after 15:45, so after that time trimming should be okay I guess. :)

iszolda111
November 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM
This is a very interesting thread! I read a "spell" for hair growth that was to be done under the full moon. I do believe that things like that, affect your intent, and your expectations, and that can be a powerful thing with real results.

taimatsuko
November 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Do you remember what the spell was or does anyone else have a little prayer or wish they recite before they trim their hair? It would be cool to exchange those!

Kyaatje
November 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I say in Dutch

Groei haar groei
lang en gezond
groei haar groei
voel de aantrekking van de grond
voel de aantrekinng van de maan
Groei haar groei
gezond daar kan ik van op aan

In English that would be :

Grow hair grow
long and healty
grow hair grow
feel the pulling of the earth
feel the pulling of the moon
grow hair grow
Healty of that I'm sure

but then it loses its rhyme and cadence

taimatsuko
November 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I say in Dutch

Groei haar groei
lang en gezond
groei haar groei
Groei haar groei

Grow hair grow
long and healty
grow hair grow
grow hair grow
Healty of that I'm sure

Wow, that's beautiful~ I like it very much! I may have to adapt that for myself...

Kyaatje
November 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
go ahead en enjoy it
I sometimes use it while washing or combing too not only while trimming

xxx

Avital88
November 12th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I say in Dutch

Groei haar groei
lang en gezond
groei haar groei
Groei haar groei

Grow hair grow
long and healty
grow hair grow
grow hair grow
Healty of that I'm sure

great! i'm gonna use this one!

Avital88
November 12th, 2011, 01:41 PM
In my timezone the Moon goes to Pisces on December 1st, after 15:45, so after that time trimming should be okay I guess. :)

Thanks!! might am trimming that day.. if i have to wait until february im afraid i lose more than im gaining.. its gonna be a really small microtrim on Dec 1st but hopefully big enough to have it grow a bit faster and healthier again

missoj
November 27th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Waxing moon in capricorn, I trimmed today, took nearly 2 inches off, a bit more than I initially wanted but the growth will be quick. I took more off, because my hemline looked like a w due to breakage on the middle, I trimmed it into almost a V, I'm not prepared to take off all that length to take the W off completely, so its now firmly back on BSL.I also evened my long side swept bangs to long straight bangs with a centre parting, but only took about 1cm off them.

Syrena
November 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Who is going to trim tomorrow? Definitelly, I am!:eyebrows:

W2
November 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Guess I'll cut my daughters

FrozenBritannia
November 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Is tomorrow the best day for December then??

morrigan*
November 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Isn't new moon close to christmas ?

AlabasterAlice
November 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Isn't new moon close to christmas ?
Christmas Eve, actually. :)

More interestingly (for me, at least) is the fact that there will be a lunar eclipse the 10th this month! Sadly, it'll happen around 2:30 PM here, so I don't know how well I will see it. :/

spike316
November 30th, 2011, 11:26 PM
This is interesting, I'm due for a trim so I scheduled one for tomorrow! Grow hair grow!

morrigan*
November 30th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Christmas Eve, actually. :)

More interestingly (for me, at least) is the fact that there will be a lunar eclipse the 10th this month! Sadly, it'll happen around 2:30 PM here, so I don't know how well I will see it. :/
Ofcourse, now i remember :D

chelles2kids
December 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
I'm so glad that I clicked on this thread again...I'm still in need of a micro-trim and it sounds like today will be a great time for it.:disco:

Thanks ladies for keeping this thread alive & posting the best days for trims for those of us who still haven't figured out when the best dates are.:grouphug:

{Edited to say that I did indeed do another 1/2 inch microtrim on December 1, 2011. :)}

Syrena
December 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
The trim is done! My hair was 96 cm (37,8 inch) long, I trimed ca. 0,5 inch...so now they are at 95 cm (37,4 inch). I started to trim in November..I trimed on 1st of November...I trimed to 94,5 cm (My hair grew 1,5 cm in one month! My hair never grew that fast. I could be happy when I had 1 cm of monthly growth. I think I did not measure correctly last month. Today I measured really preciselly, and at least 4 times before the trim and 4 times after trim. We will see how much they will grow in December, so I can compare if my hair really grows faster or I did bad measurement last month...:rolleyes:

Arctic
December 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
I often trim by the moon. I got interested of the subject several years ago, and like many of you was confused about all the different info I found. I just chose one system and stuck with it. How ever, I later simplified, and now simply trim when the moon is waxing (any day from new moon to full moon).

I must say I have never been able to tell if it helps or not, exept the last 6 months it has felt like the hair would have been growing more quickly. Might be just that it's short now, and seems like its growing faster.

One thing it did help, especially when I was very obsessed with my hair and S&Ding, was to space out the trims and s&D sessions.

It also feels wholesome to follow the rhythms of the moon.

This last 6ish months I have been trimming almost monthly.

FrozenBritannia
December 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I have to say, I am loving just the idea of this. Doing things by the moon seems much more... I don't know the right word. Not spiritual, almost organic? Back to the roots of civilisation or something like that. People used to do everything by the moon and sun, and there was no fussing. You worked while it was light, and played and slept while it was dark. I am trying to get back to that sense of awareness, more in tune with nature, without giving up my modern comforts, like Internet. :)

Bish
December 3rd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I trimmed on December 2nd, first thing in the morning, under Pisces and Moon not yet in First Quarter, because December 1st in the afternoon did not work out. For my timezone it was correct. ;)

I trimmed using an adaption of Feyes method and S&D, and my hair seems a lot better now. I really am under the impression that it helps, because last month I 'accidentally' S&D'd in a good phase I found out, and I really am under the impression that my hair grows faster than ever! I'm almost APL now, yeah!

Anisaa
December 3rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
This is so fascinating!! I am really going to try this in January. Does anyone know of a website that focuses on the lunar calendar or any website that might be of help?

Lissandria
December 3rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have to say, I am loving just the idea of this. Doing things by the moon seems much more... I don't know the right word. Not spiritual, almost organic? Back to the roots of civilisation or something like that. People used to do everything by the moon and sun, and there was no fussing. You worked while it was light, and played and slept while it was dark. I am trying to get back to that sense of awareness, more in tune with nature, without giving up my modern comforts, like Internet. :)

I completely agree. I really enjoy stuff like this thread. It reminds me of the natural elements that affect our everyday lives, whether we realise it or not. It is so wrong how out of touch most of us are with the earth, the seasons, nature, the cosmos etc.

jlo8937
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have been using the farmer's almanac when trimming my hair for growth but I am going to try the Morrocco Method and see what happens. I will let you all know what happens.

LaLaBella
December 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
So when would be the best time to microtrim in the next couple of months? I read this entire thread and still cannot make sense of it.

Smile4Kiki
December 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I haven't been around in quite some time and unfortunately cut my hair back to chin a few months ago. I've been trying to grow my hair again and I truly feel like this will help me hold off on the trims. I also love the connection to nature and paganism as well as being in tune with the lunar phases. In short, I'm in! I'm going to hold off a few months before my next trim but I will ensure it is on a new moon.

1hunky5monkeys
December 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Dec 6,7,8 are the dates to trim/cut to thicken hair using the Morrocco Method.

girlcat36
December 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I trimmed today--for thickness---about 1/8 inch. I plan to trim again on the 12th for length.

LaceyNg
December 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM
hey fellow moon-trimmers! :waving:

first off, you all on this thread are so helpful! great info! :thumbsup:

for the newer members who still arent quite sure what's what, heres a general guide, based on this web page: http://www.hairbrained.me/profiles/blogs/hairstrology-harnessing-the?xg_source=activity (its the same one thats been posted here before numerous times), and on this lunar callendar: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?location=Austin,%20TX&ltt=30.16&lgt=-97.45&tz=US/Central&dformat=US&geoFormat=degMin

It's best to cut when the moon is waxing, getting bigger, particularly in the week or so between the first quarter and the full moon. but do NOT trim when the moon is void of course! wait till it's in a sign. the best signs to trim under are, in order from best to still-good-just-not-AS-good :p

• 1st: Cancer—growth and thickness
• 2nd: Scorpio—growth
• 3rd: Taurus—growth and thickness
• 4th: Pisces—good for any hair goal
• 4th: Capricorn—drier than Taurus, but still good for growth
• 5th: Leo—thickness
• 6th: Libra—avoid radical styling

i looked at the lunar callendar, and the best dates for trimming IMO are as follows: (keep in mind that these dates/times are based on US central standard time

december 2nd, 2011, before 12:05pm-- moon in first quarter in pisces (this is when i did a self-trim)
january 7th, 2012, after 3:05pm till january 9th, 2012 at 8:24pm-- moon is in cancer, and is a full moon on the 9th at 1:30am
february 6th, 2012, after 7:23am to february 7th, 2012-- moon is in Leo and is a full moon after 3:53pm on the 7th
march 2nd, 2012, after 9:08am to march 4th, 2012 at 4:17pm-- moon is in cancer
march 4th, 2012 after 5:17pm to march 6th, 2012 at 7:27pm-- moon is in leo
april 1st, 2012, after 12:35am to april 3rd, 2012, before 8:46am-- moon is in leo
may 4th, 2012, after 9:19pm to may 5th, 2012-- moon is in scorpio, and is a full moon after 10:35pm on the 5th
june 1st, 2012, after 7:31am to june 3rd, 2012 before 4:29am-- moon is in scorpio
july 26th, 2012, after 3:56am but before 10:38am-- moon is in scorpio, right at the 1st quarter
august 30th, 2012, after 5:30pm to august 31st--- moon is in pisces and is a full moon after 8:58am on the 31st
september 27th, 2012, after 12:23am to september 28th, 2012 before 9:34pm-- moon is on pisces
october 24th, 2012 after 5:59am to october 26th, 2012 before 10:04am-- moon is in pisces
november 25th, 2012, after 6:18am to november 26th, before 6:57pm-- moon is in taurus
december 27, 2012 after 12:50am to december 28th before 8:42am-- moon is in cancer and is a full moon after 4:21am on the 28th

i hope this is helpful to someone!

i, personally, plan on trimming again on february 7th after 3:53pm, to catch the leo full moon, and then again on may 5th after 10:35p, for the full moon in scorpio, again on august 31st after 8:58 am for the pisces full moon, and lastly on december 28th after 4:21am but before 8:42am (:uhh:! thats early!), for the cancer full moon

i do have quite a lot of damage i'd like to get rid of :justy:, which is why i'm planning on so many trimmings, but i'd like to take off no more than an inch at most each time.

when are you guys planning to trim again?

FrozenBritannia
December 6th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I am thinking about trimming during the eclipse on the tenth, would that be a good idea for growth?

girlcat36
December 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
According to the Morocco Method Lunar Chart, Dec. 10 is a good day if you want to retard growth.

FrozenBritannia
December 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
According to the Morocco Method Lunar Chart, Dec. 10 is a good day if you want to retard growth.

Well, that would be bad then I guess!

Qadupae
December 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
*subscribe* Definitely keeping an eye on this thread as my hair gets long enough to trim ^_^