PDA

View Full Version : Cowashing + Cones Conditioner

ncgal25
April 11th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Im going to start cowashing tomorrow.

Tonight I must wash my oily hair! Im going to use Suave Clarifying shampoo. Id like to condition after I clarify tonight but the only conditioners I have in the house tonight have CONES

Herbal Essence Hello hydration
Aussie 3 MM
Pantene Brunette Expressions Conditioner
Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In
Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor - Didnt see any cones on the label? But it has Hydrolyzed keratin protein (see ingredient list)

ION REPAIR SOLUTIONS HAIR RECONSTRUCTOR: WATER ,DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIPROPIONATE ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,LECITHIN ,POLYQUATERNIUM-10 ,MAGNESIUM SULFATE ,METHYLPARABEN ,COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE ,GLYCOL STEARATE ,CITRIC ACID ,FRAGRANCE ,IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA ,ZINC CHLORIDE ,MANGANESE CHLORIDE ,POLYSORBATE 20 ,TRICLOSAN ,CARAMEL ,YELLOW 5 ,PANTHENOL ,HYDROLYZED KERATIN

Should I skip the conditioner tonight? I plan to go out tomorrow and buy a cone free conditioner to add to my conditioner collection :-) Thanks!

Khiwanean
April 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I don't see any cones in the reconstructor. Is your hair susceptible to protein overload?

ncgal25
April 11th, 2011, 06:47 PM
The first time I used the Ion Reconstructor my hair felt like straw? Not sure why? Ive used it a second time but mixed it with a coney conditioner.

vanillabones
April 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I have some of those Ion Repair Solutions Hair Reconstructor packets from Sally's, they made my hair babysoft after I first bleached my hair white. Other than that extreme damage, not so much help from these. I think they're really for EXTREMEEEE damage. :)

chopandchange
April 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Are you against cones for some reason?

What would be wrong with using any of them?

Doing a CO wash with cones should not generate sufficient build-up to merit you having to panic and wash it all out the next day. Unless you have ultra-fine, thin hair, perhaps.

Cones can take weeks to build up on my hair, but, then again, everyone's hair is different.

ncgal25
April 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Im not against cones at all. Ive used them my whole life, however my hair has changed a lot the past few years and assumed its damaged? I have colored for a long time, i also have a lot gray + frizziness, no shine, very dull hair. At this point the decision to go cone-free is basically trial and error? As is the cowashing. My hair needs TLC so ill see if these things help?

chopandchange
April 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Oh I see. Well, if it's damaged you may find the cones are actually needed. A lot of people find the cones help detangle etc and if you ditch them your damaged hair feels a thousand times worse. But on the other hand, going cone-free works for others, so like you say it will be trial and error! Hope you find what works for you.