PDA

View Full Version : Thicker hair and Names???

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Hi there! I'm pretty much a lurking newbie. Everything I want to know is answered in a thread already or I google it lol.

But I do have a couple questions:

1. Does anyone know how to make hair thicker/heavier? (not weighed down but just heavier). My hair is feather light and in its natural state (not chemically straightened), it pretty much defies gravity ala scary spice. Anyhow, I've always adored thick heavy hair. :pray: So product/ingredient recommendations would be great! :cheese:

2. Where do u ladies get your pretty names? ex: lady _____ of the order of ____________.

leslissocool
April 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
NAME : I had a friend help me with it since I am horrible with old English, or English in general haha! It's on this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222) super fun thread! Almost like a knight game thread! I believe you can have Nightshade name you too, she comes up with awesome names!

Hair: So it's really frizzy? I use Kimberly's recipe (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277) and It works like a charm! Also know that the longer the hair gets the more it pulls it's weight and it gets a lot less frizz.

I'd research on vitamins on the threads which can help hair grow faster and fuller. If it's an issue with the ends looking thin research ways to even out your hemline to keep it nice and even.

Miss Catrina
April 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I'm dealing with the same thickness problems. I haven't tried many things yet, but I know some people have moderate success by taking biotin/prenatal vitamins, and castor oil. And then there's monistat, but that kind of scares me.. :p

If you just want to deal with frizz, I've found Garnier sleek and shine serum to work well.

MissManda
April 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
My hair texture is fairly light, but I have found that using coconut oil and doing CO-washes has helped mellow out most of my frizz and flyaways and makes my hair feel heavier without taking away from my hair's natural body.

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks ladies! Its not really a frizz issue I'm referring to...THATs a post for another thread lol

What I'm wanting in heavier thicker strands. I guess I'm hoping for something topical, which I can apply to the hair or do a treatment of some sort to increase the diameter/weight of the hair's strands?

I'm probably asking a miracle...:(

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, my hemline is a problem, I've been stuck at BSL, doing an annual chop to even it out for years! I will look it up...thanks!

I'll check out the thread too! <3

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
NAME : I had a friend help me with it since I am horrible with old English, or English in general haha! It's on this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222) super fun thread! Almost like a knight game thread! I believe you can have Nightshade name you too, she comes up with awesome names!

Hair: So it's really frizzy? I use Kimberly's recipe (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277) and It works like a charm! Also know that the longer the hair gets the more it pulls it's weight and it gets a lot less frizz.

I'd research on vitamins on the threads which can help hair grow faster and fuller. If it's an issue with the ends looking thin research ways to even out your hemline to keep it nice and even.

Yes, my hemline is a problem, I've been stuck at BSL, doing an annual chop to even it out for years! I will look it up...thanks!

I'll check out the thread too! <3

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 06:01 PM
My hair texture is fairly light, but I have found that using coconut oil and doing CO-washes has helped mellow out most of my frizz and flyaways and makes my hair feel heavier without taking away from my hair's natural body.

Hi MissManda! Your hair is beautiful! I love the color. I'm doing CO-washes too as of late because my hair has seemed a bit brittle and dry. It feels softer, but its only been a week, so I'll keep an eye on it.

I don't think my hair likes coconut oil. Perhaps its better for use in warm weather months because of its nature.

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'm dealing with the same thickness problems. I haven't tried many things yet, but I know some people have moderate success by taking biotin/prenatal vitamins, and castor oil. And then there's monistat, but that kind of scares me.. :p

If you just want to deal with frizz, I've found Garnier sleek and shine serum to work well.

Monistat sounds super scary! Does the serum build up much? I don't wash my hair daily so build-up is a potential problem.

tinywife
April 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I don't know much about monistat, but I do know that henna will coat your individual strands, making them thicker.
Hope that helps!

Fingolphin
April 11th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Biotin did seem to help a little bit with me.

MissManda
April 11th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hi MissManda! Your hair is beautiful! I love the color. I'm doing CO-washes too as of late because my hair has seemed a bit brittle and dry. It feels softer, but its only been a week, so I'll keep an eye on it.

I don't think my hair likes coconut oil. Perhaps its better for use in warm weather months because of its nature.

Aww, thank you! :flower: Good luck with finding something that works for you!

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know much about monistat, but I do know that henna will coat your individual strands, making them thicker.
Hope that helps!

I will try it! Thank you.

HintOfMint
April 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
A texturizing pomade helps add a bit of weight to hair and if you brush it through evenly, it definitely adds a bit of weight to hair and helps it feel more substantial.

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
A texturizing pomade helps add a bit of weight to hair and if you brush it through evenly, it definitely adds a bit of weight to hair and helps it feel more substantial.

hmm, pomade stiffens my hair.