View Full Version : Clarifying Shampoo + Colored Hair

ncgal25
April 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I got some recommendations from others on this forum to clarify then go cone free & heat free to see if that helps the condition of my hair?

I have some Suave Clarifying shampoo on hand, but a little nervous about using it at this point. I colored with permanant at the salon about 2 1/2 weeks ago - I have some new growth & my grays are peeking through. I fear that the clarifying shampoo may wash too much color out at once?

I am in the process of going natural & letting my gray's show, but I want to so gradually!

jesis
April 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I don't think it will wash any color out after 2 1/2 weeks. Clarifying shampoo isn't that much different than regular shampoo.

Anje
April 11th, 2011, 02:49 PM
If you need to clarify, you need to clarify. Your hair will be dull and tangly and generally will misbehave until you do. If you want to minimize color wash-out, only clarify when you actually feel buildup, not preventively, and consider using products that don't build up much for you.

In2wishin
April 11th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I use clarifying shampoo about once a month and never noticed any difference between using that and my regular shampoo as far as my color is concerned, even on demi-permanent.

VitaR86
April 11th, 2011, 05:23 PM
What color is you hair? Have you concidered adding Manic Panic or another semi permanent dye to your conditioner?

I co wash and I clarify about once a month. I have manic panic added to my conditioner and never had any issues with color stripping.

Angeletti
April 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I did notice some of my color running down the drain when I clarified for the first time a month ago, but it wasn't anything horrible. As long as you don't clarify too frequently you should be fine.