PDA

View Full Version : hair growth and headaches?

angela123
April 11th, 2011, 12:13 PM
ok so on google i have been searching and searching for this and nothing pops up the only thing i can find is headaches and hair loss.. well it got me thinking i always had real bad headaches when i was younger... 9th grade to be exact.. they were caffeine headaches cause i didnt have caffeine all day in school, but i had long hair also.. well i have noticed that my headache have stopped for the last 2 years.. i mean i still had headaches but back then id have a migraine everyday.. well my hair hasnt really been growing that much in the last two years.. in fact it has gotten thinner.. well i gave my self a trim about a month ago just to cut the dead and splits off. since then i havent used heat just been pulling in up in a bun and i dont have any split ends.. well guess what! im having headaches again.. when i first started getting obsessed with my hair again i couldnt even pull the back of my hair to the front and see it.. well now i can.. so my question is.. has anyone noticed headaches and hair growth.. maybe because of the blood circulating up there or something but its weird, if having headaches makes my hair grow faster and how it use to be then i think i can deal with a headache everyday. oh btw im not complaining about the headaches either because i deal with them without meds most of the time.. i dont really like putting medicine in my body except gummy vitamins lol!

jesis
April 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I get headaches from lack of caffeine. Especially if I was a fiend for a while and then abruptly quit (after finals, when I'm working a lot of morning shifts, etc.) But after a while these go away if I give the caffeine up. So if you noticed it then maybe it's similar now? I do get tension headaches when I wear my hair up, though.

feb26
April 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
hair up =headaches. humidity and hair up/down=headaches. I have v v dark hair so I think the heat is stronger (more reflective) on dark hair. feels like my head's being baked.

Becky Safari
April 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I get headaches immediately if I'm not over-hydrated. Scalp massages help too!

feb26
April 11th, 2011, 12:36 PM
omg yes, scalp massages are heaven!! some women nag for foot rubs, I'm all about the scalp massage :D

angela123
April 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
ive wore my hair up for years... cause if i dont and i wear it down its frizzy and poofy with out straightening.. and guess.. i gave up heat.. so i cant exactly where it down now lol! if i do its scrunched and if i scrunch it that means i have to use gel and well i dont like that stuff being in my head for more the 6 hours so i have to wash my hair and im trying to go from not washing everyday.. which ive made alot of progress from.. before i came here i washed my hair every single night.. with shampoo with sls in it.. i had no idea what it was.. no i just CO! my hairs loving it and shedding less! i was thinking about trying monistat.. thats what made me curious.. cause that gives great hair growth but has a side effect of headaches.. so does headaches have anythign to do with hair growth.. thats what my question was!

Firefox7275
April 11th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Daily headaches is not healthy, have you had a chat with your doctor yet?

angela123
April 11th, 2011, 01:18 PM
no cause back then it was caffeine if i drank a mt dew it was gone instantly and i think if i get dehydrated they come on to

tinywife
April 11th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I'd be afraid that the stress from the headaches (even just the physical stress on your body) would cause your hair to thin, not grow faster. But the more-blood-flow idea is certainly interesting, I'd love to know more.

angela123
April 11th, 2011, 01:33 PM
yeah thats what im saying.. no its not stressing to me.. cause its not like it makes me stop physical activity's.. ive had a cat scan actually many cat scans cause i got in a bad car accident.. they didnt see anything going on up there.. so idk but they said to do scalp massages and it increases blood flow.. you ever notice if you hold your head upside down to long and the blood flows to it fast causing a headache.... and thats suppose to stimulate growth also.. so i was thinking headaches can sometime cause hair growth.. idk

gogirlanime
April 13th, 2011, 02:18 AM
I know that certain products can cause headaches. Like using Monistat or M-T-G oil can give you headaches. Yes, extra blood flow to the head can cause headaches.