PDA

View Full Version : The tangle from hell!

Venefica
April 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I have bouts of depression and I have had a real bad period, and for a while I could not take care of myself, I did not groom myself I only lay in bed. Now this resulted in a tangle from hell, my entire hair was part of one tangle. Now I have been using three weeks untangling it. I do not joke, I have been sitting for hours every day for three weeks pulling hairs out of that tangle. Several times I thought I would have to give up and just have it all cut off as it was that bad. Today however I am finished, my hair is untangled, washed, conditioned and brushed.

I can not tell you what sort of relief this is. I was so afraid I would not be able to get that untangled, and I was afraid that if I did the hair would be damaged beyond repair, Looking at it now however it do not seam to be damaged at all, and it have even grown a inch during the time I was sick and then the weeks I spent untangling it.

In the future I will have to try to at least just braid my hair when I get a bad period, the hair have obviously grown to long now to handle not being tended for a while.

Panth
April 11th, 2011, 05:10 AM
*hugs*

I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you have been well enough to care about your hair.

...if it happens again, I recommend plastering several palm-fulls of coney conditioner on to wet hair and going at it with a wide-toothed comb. I got purposeful months-old dreadlocks out of my friend's hair using that method (well, and a fork instead of a comb, since it was so matted it broke combs...)

Venefica
April 11th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Thank you for the advice. I used baby hair conditioner and my cat's bristle brush and that in the end got things out of the tangles.

Both of my cat's brushes are more expensive and better quality than mine. :P