PDA

View Full Version : Nexxus products...

Miss Catrina
April 10th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I have a coupon to get 3 dollars off any Nexxus product, from a sample that came in the mail. I'm not really sure what to get with it, though. Does anyone have a Nexxus product that they're just absolutely gaga for that they want to recommend? If not I'll probably just finally get some heat-protectant spray for the first time in my life... :oops:

virgo75
April 10th, 2011, 08:13 PM
The only 3 Nexxus products I've ever used were the Therappe Shampoo, Humectress Conditioner, & Bio Oil(I think that's what it's called, I don't think they make it anymore).

The Therappe shampoo has to be the most moisturizing shampoo I've ever used.

The Humectress conditioner works pretty good too, but it's super coney and can leave the hair a bit weighed down if you're not used to cones or your hair doesn't like cones.

If I use the 2 together I have virtually no frizz(which is unheard of in my hair), but I can get almost the same results using Pantene's 3 Minute Mask in the square tub for Med-Thick hair.

I wouldn't consider any of what I've used "WOW!!!!" or amazing, but the shampoo is pretty good if you need a moisturizing one.

My hair is also very curly, so what works for me might not work for you. :)

Oh yeah- They usually have little sample bottles for $3 or $4 too. So maybe if you wanted to try the set you could use the coupon for one and then pay for the other?

For heat protectant, if you're straightening they have some sort of spray that is supposed to make hair straighter or easier to straighten and smooth over time. Here it is "Sleek Memory Spray Straightening Smoothing Spray": http://www.drugstore.com/nexxus-sleek-memory-straightening-smoothing-spray/qxp195856

I've never used it though.

Not sure if any of that helps. :oops:

Delila
April 10th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Honestly, since they downgraded the product line from salon to mass market, I'm not sure I think they're worth the price. (I'm not sure they were worth the price even before then, but that's a different issue, LOL!!)

virgo75
April 10th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Honestly, since they downgraded the product line from salon to mass market, I'm not sure I think they're worth the price. (I'm not sure they were worth the price even before then, but that's a different issue, LOL!!)

I agree. The old Humectress was SO much better. :(

But if I could only recommend 1 product from Nexxus, it would be the Therappe Shampoo if someone had really dry or damaged hair.

isshevital
April 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I agree, the products have really kind of gone down hill ever since it's not salon-exclusive anymore. Too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure the company was bought by Proctor & Gamble or something and the formulations have been changed. I used to use Therappe and Humectress before the change and they were just incredible. I was always guaranteed a good hair day!

angleofdeth
July 1st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Ugh...so that's what's happened...

I had a stash of the large bottles of the Therappe shampoo in my closet. Since I only shampoo 2x a week they lasted a long time.

I recently bought a bottle when I ran out and oh ewwwwww. It doesn't lather. I had to re-shower as I felt a little slimy after shampooing with the new formulation.

I'm heart broken. I've used Nexxus Therappe for over 30 years.

Louise148
July 2nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
I currently using Nexxus Luxxtress leave-in conditioner which is really nice. I have fine hair and this one mosturizies without turning my hair into an oil slick.

Lou x