PDA

View Full Version : Calling all those who CO

wahmof9
April 10th, 2011, 01:31 AM
I was reading the thread last night but it is looooooooong.

I would like to compile a list of all the favorite co conditioners.
Could you say the name of the brand?
Your favorite one...as in smell?
Cone or cone free?
And protein or protein free?
Also is it for the 1sr or 2nd co?

pepperminttea
April 10th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I'm pretty sure this will fill up with US Suave users at any moment (I wish we had it here), but for any UKers, there's a great list of 'cone-free conditioners here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12619). :)

Shorty89
April 10th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I used to use Exact conditioners (Canadian), but they changed their formula. I found Down Under Naturals to work pretty well for CO. As for protein, my hair likes it every once in a while, but I found using a protein conditioner every CO was too much for my hair. That's just my 2 cents.

Siiri
April 10th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I use Urtekram Aloe vera conditioner (it's a Danish brand), but I think their Rose conditioner smells better. They are eco-certified. Aloe vera conditioner has a mild scent, which reminds me of citrus. Rose conditioner smells like roses, but again, the scent is mild. I don't feel a need for proteins since I don't dye or heat style, and my hair is still short. The conditioners don't have any silicones in them. I only wash with one conditioner, which I apply to length and roots. After washing I apply Alba botanica leave-in-conditioner (the one without fragrance).

Theobroma
April 10th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I use Alverde "Grüner Kaffee" (a German organic brand, no idea how easily available it would be outside continental Europe) as my first conditioner and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition as my second.

Smell? Anything that doesn't smell too obtrusive. The Alverde is great in that respect and I have no complaints about the Fructis either.

Cone free. Absolutely. I think they're both protein free too.

Kalie
April 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM
What is CO?

Firefox7275
April 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM
What is CO?

Welcome! :) CO is conditioner-only washing, i.e. no shampoo. A list of all terms and abbreviations is in the Newbies section here
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=32573

veronicaleah
April 10th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I used to use Suave Coconut to CO, but for some reason it left my hair smelling kind of unwashed most of the time. I went on a hiatus and did the SC thing for a while... just wanting to have clean smelling hair.

Now I'm using the Suave Lavendar Lilac. I am not usually big on lavendar scents but it smells awesome and fresh and my hair smells clean but not "perfumey" after using it.

So far, so good...

wahmof9
April 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Thank you for the answers

VitaR86
April 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I use Suave Tropical Coconut on my scalp and Garnier Triple Nutrition on my length.

Been Co-ing for about 9 months.

Khiwanean
April 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
(only one smell, which imo is a little strong, but dissipates pretty quickly)
Cone Free
Protein Free
1st

I'm a bit of an odd duck. Most people seem to prefer runnier conditioners for CO. GFTN is just the one I've tried that my scalp is happiest with.

Justy
April 10th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I started out using 'cone conditioner for CO to 'use it up' but my hair has been much better since I switched to 'cone-free about a month ago. I'm now using Garnier Triple Nutrition. I like the smell and I love how my hair looks while using it.

okiesarah
April 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I just started CO-ing not too long ago. I got the White Rain Extra Body and V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze. I am liking the White Rain the most though so far. I am pretty sure both these are cone and protein free, but I could be mistaken on the protein part.

angela123
April 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Garnier Triple Nutrition.. the best for everything.. try it! you wont be disappointed!

iluvkorn
April 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
i love all of the vo5 conditioners. but my hair likes the kiwi lime squeeze the best. if i double co, i use the kls first and then a different vo5 condish for the second.

curlsgalore
April 11th, 2011, 01:05 PM
All cone free.
Suave-Coconut, Pomegranite (sp?), wild cherry blossom.
GVP conditioning balm from Sally's.
Tresemme Naturals.
DevaCurl One conditioner/No Poo

Chetanlaiho
April 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Inecto coconut CO, it smells really really sweet (I had to get used to it) but I love it now ^^ it's cone-free as well :)

Anje
April 11th, 2011, 01:21 PM
My favorite is the Suave Aloe & Waterlily, though I try others regularly. Seems to leave my hair happy while not smelling like food. (I don't like smelling like food.)

A lot of people find the Suave Tropical Coconut works the best for them. The silk protein in it builds up on my hair (my hair is protein-sensitive, but many people aren't), and that variety is the only one which contains it, to my knowledge. It's definitely worth trying, but also being aware of if you suddenly get velcro-like non-smooth ends.

MissManda
April 11th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I've had great results with using all of these cone-free conditioners for scalp washing.

Suave Tropical Coconut
V05 Tea Therapy Calming Chamomile

Then I use a more moisturizing conditioner on my length. My favorite is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. Right now I'm using Everyday Shea Unscented Conditioner, and that works pretty well, too.

Qwackie
April 11th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I use V05 conditioners. Suave gives me too much build-up...

lajsa
April 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'm having a bit of downtime with my CO at the moment (Problem one, I haven't gotten to buy any new conditioner lately, and now I only have a very small amount of cheap one, and one bottle of the expensive one I refuse to "wash" with since I'm trying to save it. Problem two, I've gotten lazy with my hair lately. I used to wash it twice a week but that left me kind of greasy by the last day, which made me feel ugly. :p Now I wash every second day and the greasiness has already adjusted to that, grr. Also, CO is kind of time-consuming, and since I found my parents had bought a good schampoo with no cones I have been using it quite a bit...).

But when I do CO (which I'm trying to keep up with) I usually use something really cheap for washing and my favourite condish (Aussie Luscious Long, it smells lovely) to just pamper the ends. I've always wanted to try Suave (the scents sound so interesting :D) but I can't find it here, so I usually go for a cheapo one called Coop Xtra Balsam, about 15 SEK for 500 ml or something like that. I don't like the scent of it, but I'm a poor student and with the amount of conditioner I drown my hair in I need to think economically :D

I go for cone-free, since I don't like the thought of cones coating my hair. Not that it bothered me much before I learned about cones but duh, I still prefer not to use it. :p About protein, I get paranoid when I have a protein conditioner, so most of the time I try to avoid that as well.

MissEarlGrey
April 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I use Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner, I put about 1 tablespoon in a squirt bottle, fill with 4 ounces of water, shake, and then apply. That stays in for around 5-10 minutes, rise with icy water, then done!

wahmof9
April 11th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I use Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner, I put about 1 tablespoon in a squirt bottle, fill with 4 ounces of water, shake, and then apply. That stays in for around 5-10 minutes, rise with icy water, then done!
So you dilute it and it stills works? Sounds interesting...will have to try.

GRU
April 12th, 2011, 07:23 AM
As my signature indicates, I use Suave Naturals Tropical Conditioner for *everything*.

I CO-wash with it (I dilute it like MissEarlGrey does), scrubbing my scalp thoroughly.

Then I don't rinse it out, I just add more conditioner as-needed to my length in order to get it good and gooey with conditioner.

At this point I detangle it using a wide-toothed shower comb, then let it all sit and do its conditioning magic while I tend to the rest of my showerly duties.

When done with everything else, I rinse out the conditioner, dump a quart of very diluted ACV over my head, then add some more conditioner, comb it through, and leave it on for my leave-in conditioner.

All with one of the cheapest conditioners on the market! :thumbsup: