PDA

View Full Version : What size Ficcare should I order?

McFearless
April 10th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone. My hair is currently at waist although I have a deep U shape but not so many layers cut into the hair. My hair is pretty thick (iii). Do I need a large? medium? I don't want to have to buy a one in a few months because I've outgrown it or it doesn't hold.

Thank you.

krissykins
April 10th, 2011, 12:27 AM
What type of clip are you planning on buying and what is your bun diameter?

Sizing guides (http://ficcare.com/CustomerService.aspx) found here :)

McFearless
April 10th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Maximas. Thank you for that link!

catspank
April 10th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm no expert, but I think you would be fine with a large. Mediums do still work for me at tailbone, but I don't have super thick hair :)

Vercelli
April 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I think you could get a large Maxima - unless you intend to do centre held buns only. With centre held buns a Maxima in M might also work, even for your lovely thick hair.

Personally I only use M (my hair is at tailbone length which is 90 cm in my case) but my hair is only ii and not voluminous at all and I can only do centre held buns, such as celtic or nautilus buns...

I hope you will find the right size for you!:flower:

krissykins
April 10th, 2011, 09:06 AM
With my iii hair, I had outgrown the Maximas at waist length. My pony diameter (why did I write bun diameter my previous post?) was 4.5" though.

Anje
April 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Almost certainly you'll want a large, unless you want to use it as a ponytail holder or something like that.

You might be able to get away with smaller, if you have methods that secure a bun by grabbing only part of it. I actually find ficcares more comfortable that way, but with my 2.5" circumference hair and 4.5" bun diameter (which would be flatter than a 4.5" bun on a iii-head), my buns are finally big enough for a large maximas to even work comfortably.

lapushka
April 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I'm iii and at waist right now. I use a large, as a medium Maximas no longer fits, well it kinda does but it sucks at holding the bun up.

MissManda
April 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'd also suggest you get a Large. :)

I own one Ficcare right now and it is a Medium and it doesn't hold any of my buns very well. My hair is too short and thick for a center hold bun right now, so I'd have to wait to see how it fits those styles. The best style that I can do with my Medium is a tucked French braid.

Sundial
April 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I'm iii and at waist right now. I use a large, as a medium Maximas no longer fits, well it kinda does but it sucks at holding the bun up.

As above, but I have a problem with the large Maximas being too heavy so it tends to tug on my hair (does anyone else feel this way or is it just me??). I have a small, a medium, and 2 large, so I rotate them around by switching up my updos. As some contributors mentioned, the medium doesn't really hold the bun up too well unless it is a center held bun like Nautilus bun or something.

Hiriel
April 11th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I'd also say large. I got a size large maxima when my hair was round about waist (and my hair is iii), and while it was slightly large-ish, it held very well, and I'm growing into it :)

McFearless
April 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Yay thank you guys so much :)