PDA

View Full Version : My hair HATES being outside

rena
April 9th, 2011, 06:52 PM
So today I did a nice CWC, left it to dry without touching, and it was so nice and smooth and soft when I combed it out. But, I had to go outside right after. I couldn't have been out for more than 15 minutes and my hair had dried up, poofed out into horrible frizz, and lost all its softness :wail:. It wasn't humid, windy, or rainy, just a beautiful and slightly cool day. Still, its as if the air just managed to magically siphon all of the moisture right out of my hair. I'm thinking this porosity issue of mine is getting out of hand. Looks like I'll have to wear my head scarves every time I go out from now on :(.

Cupofmilk
April 10th, 2011, 01:54 AM
My hair is badly effected by the wind - even a breeze. I always wear my hair up (probably not possible at chin length?) and then if windy etc I cover with a scarf or a tube like a buff.
I can't think of any other suggestions - is it humuidty causing it or is is dry heat? If dry heat I would try Kimberlily's defrizz spray - it has aloe vera in it. Wonderful stuff

pepperminttea
April 10th, 2011, 02:46 AM
My hair is badly effected by the wind - even a breeze.

Same. I went out with my hair down a couple of weeks ago, when the weather started to get nice here, and there was just a very slightly breeze; barely enough to move the trees. But when I detangled later, it was so much more matted than when I wear it down inside. (But wearing it down made me feel good all day, so I figure it was worth it. :D )

Allar
April 10th, 2011, 05:18 AM
I'll follow this thread because it's something that happens me a lot too.
Humid weather doesn't take my hair's softness away, it just makes them a lot curlier, but sunny and hot weather reduce it to a stiff and rough mass.
Coconut oil is doing nothing to prevent it, actually my hair doesn't like it too much, and aloe vera gel it's the same. I'm still trying to find a solution, also because I don't have long enough hair to wear it up in a tidy style when it's all dry.

Aaroo
April 10th, 2011, 05:31 AM
It is interesting that we were complaining about the conditions here (in Iran )which you have to cover your in public places, in my introduction post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68947).

But probably this is what you need!

Firefox7275
April 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
So does mine and it seems to be mainly humidity in my case. Whilst the water vapour may be down to the weather, for me it's often how much my head sweats and sometimes my hair was not bone dry. Even if there is no discernible breeze you disturb the air as you walk - this is enough to give me the Farrah Fawcett look! :rolleyes: If I want to arrive at my destination with salvageable hair I have to tie it back.

rena
April 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
The day wasn't humid, it was actually very nice weather, if not a little cool. A long sleeve but no coat kind of day, with minimal wind.

Firefox7275, I think what you mentioned may have contributed to my hair's change because the reason I had to go out was to walk the dog.

Thanks for the suggestion Aaroo :).

Paladin
April 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Before I buzzed my old hair off I used to hate being outside too. It was so thin that literally a slight *breath* of wind would send it up and flying all over the place. No mass or weight to it whatsoever.

Things will be totally different when it gets long again though, so hopefully I'll enjoy having it down outside, flowing gracefully in the wind. :D

rena
April 10th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Before I buzzed my old hair off I used to hate being outside too. It was so thin that literally a slight *breath* of wind would send it up and flying all over the place. No mass or weight to it whatsoever.

Things will be totally different when it gets long again though, so hopefully I'll enjoy having it down outside, flowing gracefully in the wind. :D

Heres to this. :thumbsup:

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I have Agoraphobic hair too, whatever the weather humid, wind whatever it makes a fight to get back in the house and I end up looking like ive been dragged through a bush backwards!

Thats why I bun it all the time too, wasn't really a problem until I get past bsl