PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the most embarrassing question ever posted on LHC!

Kaya
April 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM
So, I'm just going to put this out there and if the mods feel like yanking it, so be it. :p

What do you do with your hair, and/or how do you treat your hair when it comes to 'getting busy' with the SO?

This isn't aimed at embarrassing people or prying into their private lives. I'm simply curious as to what happens to that really long hair. It can't possibly be smooth sailing all the time. Or perhaps it's simply ignored in the heat of the moment and dealt with later? Spirits know, that is completely understandable! :eyebrows:

MissManda
April 9th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You will find this thread (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=212076) very helpful. :)

I don't really do anything with my hair since I sleep with it loose most of the time anyway. I have gotten very good at moving my hair out of the way and not rolling on it so it doesn't usually get in the way. It doesn't seem to have damaged my hair much, but then again, my hair isn't very tangle-prone in the first place, so I wouldn't recommend leaving it loose if your hair is very tangly.

Eboshi
April 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
So, I'm just going to put this out there and if the mods feel like yanking it, so be it. :p

If the mods feel like doing WHAT? ;)

Oh, that's not what you meant. Well then carry on. Super-long hair can be pushed aside or put up/away. Same thing as when:

1. One has long hair and uses the restroom, or
2. Gets dressed/undressed or
3. In/out of a car or
4. Leaning back in a chair or
5. Well, just about anything other activity where it can get in the way or be inconvenient.

Hope this helps

Copasetic
April 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
You must be new here, because this doesn't come close to the "most embarrassing" question ever asked on the LHC :p

Its actually been asked before. I say, just put your hair up when you get busy.

Kaya
April 9th, 2011, 06:06 PM
You will find this thread (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=212076) very helpful. :)

I don't really do anything with my hair since I sleep with it loose most of the time anyway. I have gotten very good at moving my hair out of the way and not rolling on it so it doesn't usually get in the way. It doesn't seem to have damaged my hair much, but then again, my hair isn't very tangle-prone in the first place, so I wouldn't recommend leaving it loose if your hair is very tangly.

:doh: I've been here long enough to know that there is a search function, but always seem to forget to use it! Thanks for the link! :)

MrsGuther
April 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I just put my hair up with a soft scrunchie, or I leave it down and pay extra attention not to roll over on it, and make sure my DH doesn't roll over on my hair either!!! :)

selderon
April 9th, 2011, 06:10 PM
You mean there's an alternative to yelling "owgetoffgetoffgetoffyou'reonmyhair!"? ;)

ouseljay
April 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM
You mean there's an alternative to yelling "owgetoffgetoffgetoffyou'reonmyhair!"? ;)

Oh yes, I generally shorten it to "owhairow owhair HAIR!" followed by thwapping the offending body part. Usually these days he responds to simply "HAIR!" I have trained him well. :cool: (This also works for those times he's just managed to roll over onto it while going to sleep.)

Scarlet_Heart
April 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Be on top. :toast:

leslissocool
April 9th, 2011, 06:42 PM
TMI!!!!

So last night, while in the act... My bun got caught and I couldn't move my head! It was a really heated moment, so... I really tried to roll with it. After a while of not kissing though, husband begin to realize I was literally stuck! :rollin:

I had some problems with this though, DH and I started dating when I has shoulder length hair and I got married with the same length and now my hair is past waist, so he go used to me able to just maneuver freely. Then the pregnancy and C-section and such we were "out of practice" for a long time, so NOW we definitively notice the difference and it's quite a challenge!

So hair down only when, you know, I am not laying but buns definitively are not a good Idea for me :p so I will try the two braids next time...

Kaya
April 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
How does one go about contacting a mod to close a thread?

I didn't realize there was an entire, informative thread already out there and now I feel silly starting a new one on the same topic! :silly:

MissManda
April 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Why not merge the two threads? :)

CaityBear
April 9th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Oh yes, I generally shorten it to "owhairow owhair HAIR!" followed by thwapping the offending body part. Usually these days he responds to simply "HAIR!" I have trained him well. :cool: (This also works for those times he's just managed to roll over onto it while going to sleep.)

Yup, my honey is trained for "HAIR!". lol

I haven't quite figured out what to do... a braid gets caught everywhere and torn apart. A scunchie bun never stays, and if I use a hair pin in my bun, it ends up falling out......so either way my hair gets all tangled and annoying...lol

Melisande
April 9th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Wow, we've had this question already a number of times. Is it really possible that so many people are helpless and have no idea that you can actually PUT UP hair? :shock:

tameriska
April 10th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Wow, we've had this question already a number of times. Is it really possible that so many people are helpless and have no idea that you can actually PUT UP hair? :shock:

Well, until I found LHC, I had no idea of how to put my hair up in a bun.
I had a mother, but not one that helped me with anything, and no friends that I would play hairstyling with, being a total tomboy.
Until I found LHC, I knew how to ponytail and braid, that was about it.
To be able to put hair up in a secure hairstyle for the type of activities being discussed, I would guess that generally there is no extended planning or preparation time, and the easy fallback of just whipping your hair up and throwing a hairstick into it could have the results of either stabbing your partner with it, or having it fall out and get messed up and tangled very quickly, thereby defeating the purpose of putting your hair up to protect it (as well as of killing the mood if your partner has to be careful of trying to avoid your hairstick/ clawgrip or other hurtful hair implements)

I do find that appropriate hairstyles for this are quite different from what are appropriate for work, or what people wear as their daily lifestyle updo.

AnaGeorgette
April 10th, 2011, 07:23 AM
my problem is that my last 2 bfs seemed to follow the motto 'long hair is there to be yanked!' in that...situation.... Avoiding rolling over your hair or getting it caught is a problem that's a lot easier to fix!

Just try a simple french braid when getting down to business, it's a quick solution and if that's still in the way you can always tuck the 'tail' under your hair at the nape. :) one or two bobby pins secured in a way that they won't dig into your scalp while, um, lying down XD should do the trick. It's more comfortable than a bun (in bed). Or, like someone previously said, stay on top ;)

Firefox7275
April 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
How does one go about contacting a mod to close a thread?

I didn't realize there was an entire, informative thread already out there and now I feel silly starting a new one on the same topic! :silly:

Don't feel silly I bet others were wondering the same, you've drawn attention to the original thread so a win-win I reckon! :p

sibiryachka
April 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM

DBF's hair is as long as mine; we're both trained to respond to "HAIR!!" :p We've also both been around the block enough times that we keep a few hairties in the nightstand drawer in preparation for unplanned moments...

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I really don't know what your talking about:eyebrows:

oh "THAT" buisness, aw i just tie him up :horse:

terpentyna
April 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
depends where you are, sometimes it seems better to leave it down since a loose braid can actually be harder to control... French braids and a respectful SO are the way to go for me...

my issue is actually oily hair afterwards... when I just exercise I don't have this problem.

I was curious about this actually, my hair isn't even at waist yet and it has to be worked around.

Jojo - :D

SpeakingEZ
April 10th, 2011, 05:33 PM

I don't usually put it up for the act and only really do when it goes with my costume of the night. (Yeah, we dress up for it.) I like whipping it around and such (my hair, that is) and I can't stand having it up. I like my hair to be as unrestricted as I am (though that's not to say I'm always unrestricted, oh-ho-ho, I love puns!).

MoonLover
April 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I agree with scarletheart: get on top :p

And sometimes (actually mostly) bunnin/just putting it up is just not cute/sexy/romantic/appealing to men. Or am I the only one whose noticed?:confused:

Signe
April 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Yay! I'm glad you re-started this topic because I have always wondered the same thing!

As someone who pretty much exclusively wears my hair down, I am worried about what to do when it gets super long. I mean, I am growing my hair long for many reasons, a major one being that I think it is SEXY down and draped everywhere :eyebrows:

But when does it stop being sexy and start hindering the actual sex part? I think I look horrendous with my hair up so I'm not too comfortable wearing it like that in the bedroom :o

hs_atreides
April 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
SO glad about this thread! My goal is to get it long enough to drape the upper body in a most seductive way, but any longer could be problematic. Thanks!

MonaLisa
April 11th, 2011, 01:54 AM
haha, ok I can list this as a reason why I dont wanna grow my hair longer than hip/TBL :o

we like that i wear it down during the pleasure times,
but sometimes i get super annoyed and just put it all up in the bun, because often he starts running his hands up my back, also pushing my hair back in opposite direction...causes soo much knots, and really makes me moody. But how do I tell him at that moment? It's kinda weird :confused:

I'm glad he likes it, and likes to touch it...I don't want to stop him or make it 'forbidden', but he does it in such wrong way:confused:
I don't know how to say it and make a MAN understand and not think i'm crazy :p Help?

SpeakingEZ
April 12th, 2011, 03:20 AM
haha, ok I can list this as a reason why I dont wanna grow my hair longer than hip/TBL :o

we like that i wear it down during the pleasure times,
but sometimes i get super annoyed and just put it all up in the bun, because often he starts running his hands up my back, also pushing my hair back in opposite direction...causes soo much knots, and really makes me moody. But how do I tell him at that moment? It's kinda weird :confused:

I'm glad he likes it, and likes to touch it...I don't want to stop him or make it 'forbidden', but he does it in such wrong way:confused:
I don't know how to say it and make a MAN understand and not think i'm crazy :p Help?

MonaLisa, have you considered talking to him about it when you're not in the throws of it? Don't tell him not to, just tell him what a better way to go about it would be. As in, "pet downward, not up." I had to teach DF that if he wants to push my hair away, he has to get all of it or else it drives me nuts. He'd do this smearing motion with it, and I needed to show him to get under the hair and carry it to where he'd like it to be.

dollface
April 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
wear it up! i have had several embarrassing moments with caught hair so i just play it safe and clip my hair out of the way, whether or not it stays clipped up is a different story......tee hee.

truepeacenik
April 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM
down for the activity, but I try to braid it before sleeping as that is when I get it caught.
And tangles to rival Bob Marley.

(btw, I love Bob Marley)

prosperina
April 12th, 2011, 09:13 PM
It's really not a big deal. Just make sure if you're on bottom that you don't lie on your hair.

leslissocool
April 13th, 2011, 01:52 AM

As stated previously in my comment, buns are NOT always the way to go. I literally got stuck between the bun, pillow and my DH elbow! So no, I am definitively not helpless and I wear my hair up most of the time, and I still have this problem... Had to stop the act to reposition, which luckily is not a mood killer for my DH or I...

PS: Two braids schoolgirl style is a win for me! It still got a little caught (our act is very umm "passionate") but we had some fun with my braid length LOLOLOLOL

Intotouch
April 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM
The pigtails sound possible. With long hair this is easy if it's already plaited, just flick the plait back and up. BSL and APL is harder. And i like my hair loose. And when my man comes in the door and grabs me and kissing me there and then the last thing i want to do is say "stop i have to do a french braid first". Scrunchies fall out in minutes.

I was thinking of putting on my sleeping bonnet. Fast and effective but not in the least attractive! Buns are hard for shorter hair and fall out easily. And take planning. It's a problem ladies!

nobeltonya
April 13th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I usually braid it at night anyway, whether we're doing anything or not, because my husband can't for the life of himself lay still.. otherwise, it'd end up in a tangled mess.. he still ends up messing up the top of it, but at least the ends aren't tangled. :)