PDA

View Full Version : Hair type me :]

tokidokichi
April 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I've never done this officially, and it is about time I do!

<-what i have over there is just a guess

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5128&pictureid=99981
Note that the last 4 inches or so are chemicaly straightened and not as wavy as the rest! :]

Thanks in advance! :]

Miss Catrina
April 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM
What you have under your avatar sounds right, though I wonder if you're 2a instead of 2b. I dunno, I'm not good at these things.

telegraph64
April 8th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Those curls are awfully distinct. I would say 2b/2c, however they seem a tad too loose and stretched out. There is a lot of root curl, as well, so I think I'm sticking with it, 2b/2c. :)

Jenn of Pence
April 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah...I'd say 2b. Have you clarified your hair to get rid of buildup? Sometimes doing that and not oiling or conditioning right after will change results, but with your pattern it might not make a gigantically huge difference. :) Plus, as it grows longer, and particularly as you trim off the straightened ends, you might see a difference in the wave pattern, too. Just one more thing to anticipate longingly. :D

Cupofmilk
April 9th, 2011, 01:56 AM
I would say 2b/c. I expect as it grows it will become more obvious - especially since the last 4 inches are straightened

jojo
April 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
I think you hair is hard to type as it has layers and is still short, however you are definitely in the 2 range and at the moment id say 2b but there is potential as you get longer to possibly go into the 2c/3a range!

Lostsoule77
April 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm too new to this to really know, but I'd say a 2a. When I got hair typed I did it in the curly thread and they typed me as a 2b and you don't quite have as much wave/curl as I do.

Rocket22
April 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I would say 2a but I do think as it grows you will end up with more curl, but what do I know :) I'm what I would call a solid 2b on the underlayer and I have a closer wave pattern.

lapushka
April 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I'm hesitating between 2b and 2c, so I'm going with 2b/c as well. There's too much going on at your roots to be 2a. Those are much looser, more stretched out waves.

jesis
April 9th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I would say 2c, when my hair has a "wavy" day, it looks a lot like yours.

pepperminttea
April 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm trying to find spirals, your hair looks just on the verge of them; I'd say 2b/c. There's definitely more wave than a 2a there.