PDA

View Full Version : Total "Duh!" moment

whiteisle
June 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
So I've been trying to help my 2 year old's hair (red & curly) and nothing really seemed to be helping. Then it just dawned on me this afternoon as I was clarifying my hair (I'm trying to go cone-free for a while) that, omg...Duh! I've NEVER clarified her hair and I've been using cone filled products on her hair for at least a year now. Gee, I wonder, could that be part of the problem? So tonight after her bath I washed her hair with VO5 Kiwi Lime shampoo and then conditioned the mess out of it with VO5 Freesia. After rinsing the conditioner and combing it out I put just a dab of conditioner back in it. I can't wait to see how it turns out in the morning. I hope this will help. I'm also going to start using some coconut oil on it to help with the dryness.

So here's to one of many of my total "Duh!" moments. Cheers!:)

WritingPrincess
June 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I hope this helps! Good luck with her hair. Does she sit still for you to style it?

Riot Crrl
June 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I had the identical Duh moment about my own hair. I used shampoo but only ever on the roots. Then I piled up more cones on the length. For years. Duh!

whiteisle
June 14th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I hope this helps! Good luck with her hair. Does she sit still for you to style it?

Style? Style?? Are you kidding??? Ha!!! No way, not this girl. Any time I have managed even a simple ponytail or a little clip it's out faster than I can blink! What can I say.........she's a natural & free kinda girl.:shrug: So I wouldn't have a prayer of braiding it for bed or anything like that, even if I could manage to get all the little layers in there to begin with. Oh well, maybe age will help.:)

whiteisle
June 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I had the identical Duh moment about my own hair. I used shampoo but only ever on the roots. Then I piled up more cones on the length. For years. Duh!

I love lightbulb moments!:D

Delila
June 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I had one of these moments just tonight.

I'd put the computer to standby while I was at supper, then afterwards I couldn't figure out why the computer didn't seem to be working. Hadn't had any problems, so I was really scratching my head. I turned the computer on and off several times, no luck.

I finally realized that I'd inadvertently turned off the power to the monitor. The rest of the computer was fine. :bow:

WritingPrincess
June 14th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Style? Style?? Are you kidding??? Ha!!! No way, not this girl. Any time I have managed even a simple ponytail or a little clip it's out faster than I can blink! What can I say.........she's a natural & free kinda girl.:shrug: So I wouldn't have a prayer of braiding it for bed or anything like that, even if I could manage to get all the little layers in there to begin with. Oh well, maybe age will help.:)
I know EXACTLY what you mean. My little sis (5yo) will not let me touch her hair. She does it herself, thankyouverymuch.