PDA

View Full Version : Damage caution with colouring

BeccaAngel
April 8th, 2011, 11:30 AM
A friend of mine's hair was bleach then toned down a bit by dye three weeks ago. She wants to put a darker colour in, since it's been three weeks she is about ready to want to colour it again. Is three weeks ok? or should she wait one more week?:)

Kherome
April 8th, 2011, 12:14 PM
It's already damaged, and will be more damaged when she colors it again, so I guess it's up to her. A week isn't going to change the amount of damage.

BeccaAngel
April 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
It's already damaged, and will be more damaged when she colors it again, so I guess it's up to her. A week isn't going to change the amount of damage.

Her hair isn't really that badly damaged from the bleach, she had it trimmed the day after she did the process. Getting rid of the damaged ends with that trim. She is more worried about possible thinning.:)

Avital88
April 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
When i bleached the damage always came a few weeks later, in the beginning it was even soft and shiny:s then it ended like straw.
Colouring now is gonna give her more damage, i was always told to at least keep a 6 week gap between two appplications, but when i think about it now it doesnt make much sense to me..

BeccaAngel
April 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
When i bleached the damage always came a few weeks later, in the beginning it was even soft and shiny:s then it ended like straw.
Colouring now is gonna give her more damage, i was always told to at least keep a 6 week gap between two appplications, but when i think about it now it doesnt make much sense to me..

She plans to make this last colouring her very last, meaning no more. She just doesn't want all that brightness because she used the bleach to lighten too dark of hair to begin with.:)

BeccaAngel
April 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM
She wants to know if it would make her hair thinner?:)

Kherome
April 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM

Probably because she's going to have lots of breakage. But she'll have that whether she dyes it again or not. It's just what happens with bleach and chemicals.

UltraBella
April 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Bleach doesn't seem to have much of a damaging effect on my hair and I have bleached and colored OFTEN, so it's not a given that she will have breakage and issues. My suggestion would be for her to do a strand test before hand to see how the hair does and make sure the color will be what she wants.
I usually use a Demi color so it's not as harsh as permanent. I have found that, for me, it doesn't really make a difference between two weeks, four weeks, six weeks...... I don't think waiting a week is going to do much. Either coloring it again will damage her hair or she will be fine, the week difference is a non-issue.

Avital88
April 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM

Well, thats something you never know..Maybe it not happens instantly too..
But my friend bleached her hair 2 wks ago and made it brown again this week and she told me her hair is dead now, if she just means the texture or that it might be thinner that i dont know.
It really depens per person, but its not gonna make her hair fuller thats for sure..Good luck to her and her healthy hair journey!

BeccaAngel
April 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you Much for your advice ladies, I will make sure she knows before doing anything.:)