PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself!

buttercupmcgee
April 8th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone!

I've been stalking this site for about a month and can't believe how much I've learned, so I thought I'd create an account and say hello.

My hair story: I used to have BSL length wavy dark brown hair, until I chopped it to a mid-neck length bob (with bangs, oy) in November. Predictably, I tired of it in about 4 seconds flat. I have always loved styling my hair--curls, waves, updos, fishtails, braids, buns, you name it, I've tried it. I love bows. I live for headbands. I don't know what I was thinking chopping it off, but here I am.

I'll post pics as soon as I can. It's about an inch from the collar bone now.

My old routine:

1. Dye dark brown (from light brown) every 10 or so weeks. I thought the dark brown was more striking but I'm thinking it washed me out. The worst part is instead of just doing the roots I would slather about half my head each time, I figured if I left the ends out I was fine. So dumb! :undecided

2. Use heat about once a week, I was never a heat addict but I love me some hot rollers.

3. Use plastic brush

4. I've actually been CO washer for years, having read something about sulfates early on. I usually CO wash once a week and shampoo + cone conditioner once a week. If I go 100% CO my hair feels dry and waxy. I've also been oiling for years, I do a heavy overnight jojoba oil once/week before my shampoo. I'm interested to expand into EVOO though.

New routine/resolutions:

1. No heat styling in 2011. I have found it's actually super easy to adhere to this since I enjoy styling shorter hair anyway. I like long bouncy hair, I don't know what to do with this hair. The only exception to this rule is job any interviews that may come up.

2. Keep up with the oiling routine I already have

3. No dye. Can't wait to see my natural color again, especially since I have this funny platinum blonde chunk in the back of my head. I can't wait for my natural highlights to come through this summer!

4. Wide tooth comb only

5. Protective twists, etc, whenever possible

6. No salon visits. S & D once long enough and maybe do Feye's around my bday in November

Once I reach my goal of mid back, I intend to get a professional layered cut and some Ombre highlights. I love to play with my hair and I am willing to inflict a bit of damage (Ombre is great in my opinion because you don't have to do it more than once!)

I also intend on breaking out the styling appliances once in a blue moon when I hit goal, since I'll be trimming to maintain length. Right now I'm in it to win it though so I'm going cold turkey.

Anyway, that's me. I love this site and I've really enjoyed hearing all of your stories! Here's to a productive, healthy summer for all of us!

-buttercup

PiroskaCicu
April 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome to LHC, buttercupmcgee! Looks like you've learned a lot so far and have some great goals for 2011. Good luck on your hair journey and don't be shy to post :).

:flower:

alwayssmiling
April 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Welcome. Sounds like a good plan. You may be interested in Caruso Steam curlers (or other steam curling systems) as they are apparently beneficial to hair and are classed as heat free. Also there is a thread on SMT''s which is worth a look - thats one of the first things I did when I joined.

Good luck!

jojo
April 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
welcome! you plan sounds pretty good to me!