PDA

View Full Version : How did that get there?

TheLuckyLurker
April 7th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I was combing my hair prior to washing earlier today, and guess what I found? A grey hair! It's actually my second one, but the first one I found two years ago. Renegreys, here I come! :D

Signe
April 7th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Gahhh I'm so glad you posted this! I feel whiney cos I don't really care about going grey eventually, but I found my first two this month and I'm still 23 and quite frankly was hoping it would take a bit longer to start.

Interesting coincidence that I have been going through a very stressful visa application process 3000 miles away from my job, friends, SO, and pets for the past 3 months, and I have almost precisely that much growth on the new greys. Thanks bureaucracy for making my life that much better. :(

jaine
April 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I've had at least 2 but no more than 4 gray hairs for the past 7 years (starting at age 22) ...so I think you still have plenty of time :)

vanity_acefake
April 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Don't worry about one or two. I started getting greys late (37) and now a year later they are coming in so fast. My friend who is my hairdresser spotted the first one and the other day when she was cutting my fringe she commented that I now have loads!
I henna so they are a lovely bright red in amongst my dark hair. Mind you the way she was talking my hair will soon be all henna'd bright red! (which admittedly I would love)
:)

Firefox7275
April 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Gahhh I'm so glad you posted this! I feel whiney cos I don't really care about going grey eventually, but I found my first two this month and I'm still 23 and quite frankly was hoping it would take a bit longer to start.

Interesting coincidence that I have been going through a very stressful visa application process 3000 miles away from my job, friends, SO, and pets for the past 3 months, and I have almost precisely that much growth on the new greys. Thanks bureaucracy for making my life that much better. :(

I found a little crop the week before my 25th, but I didn't get any more until I was well into my thirties. There is a lot you can do lifestyle-wise to manage the negative effects of stress on the body. :)

Paladin
April 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hey, Steve Martin was literally born with grey hair and look how well he's done!

But seriously, I have a couple greys poking out here and there and I'm still pretty young. Kinda adds a bit of character and aren't really noticable anyway, so it's all good.

Izae
April 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I found a single white hair today.
I'm 19 so that was slightly worrying, but it looks like it was just a really thin and transparent strand, cause i cut it off, and looked at it properly, and it kept changing between white and my natural brown as I moved it around to look at it.