PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Yipee thread!

AspenSong
April 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I just must share because no one else in real life around me cares...lol.

I am a self proclaimed braiding and bunning dummy. I can whip out an english braid in like half a second...but outside that = Nada.

I have been loving the 4 strand braids and I don't know why, but I could not wrap my brain around any of the variations.

Until today!!! Don't ask what happened, but I was watching Torrin's tutorial on 4 strand braids and then another variation and both just CLICKED! And now...I can totally do either. Because they are insanely easy and I have no idea why I didn't "get" them before. lol. But I do now and I'm super excited because just yesterday I was in the Doldrums of Hairdom because my hair isn't long enough still to pull off a decent bun (I can get one up...but it's sad and puny due to my baby fine hair) and I couldn't do anything but a regular braid.

But now, there's a 4-stranded ray of sunshine in my hair world. :cheese:

I might just take some pics for my album in the next few days and show off! ;)

telegraph64
April 7th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures! I too had much difficulty in mastering the four strand braids, it is one of those things that eventually clicks & sticks, and once you learn, it's very tough to forget.

selderon
April 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Woo hoo! :D Good work!
Now you've made me want to learn the four strand.

AspenSong
April 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Really, trust me - anyone can do it! I'm not coordinated at all!
Thanks guys...hehe. Silly, but small things like this make me happy. ;)

krissykins
April 7th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Yes! This deserves dancing cheese!

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

CONGRATS!!!

dernhelm
April 7th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Congratulations!

All I can manage is an English braid, too. I'm going to check out some tutorials soon!

AspenSong
April 7th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys! teehee.

I just did each braid and took a pic and started a new album if anyone wants to see pics! My Braids and Styles album!! :)

dollface
April 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
congrats! it's really exciting learning a new technique, i was bouncing off the walls when i learned to french braid and my fiancee was less than excited so i know how it is not to have someone to share the excitement with but that's what LHC is for!!!

AspenSong
April 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Haha, See you're one up on me dollface! I cannot french braid to save my dang life!

rockprincess
April 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM
That's fantastic! Congrats!! My hair is too short and wispy for a bun as well (too short for a sizable bun, anyway) so maybe I'll give braiding a shot. :)

okiesarah
April 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm still waiting for my yipee moment. I can manage a french braid on myself, but my hair is layered so I get the awful pokeys down the length. And I'm a bit of a perfectionist I guess, because if every hair isn't in the right place, to me it's an utter failure. Hopefully soon, I will have my very own yipee moment. But I'm glad you got yours!:cheese: