PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend/Husband/Significant other: opinion on hair

Pages : [1] 2

CurlyCreature
April 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hey ladies (and maybe some men too?)
I was curious what everyone’s significant other feels about their *Long hair ambitions*
Do they love it?
Hate it?
Neutral?

My boyfriend likes “short hair” - we’ve been together three years though and hes seen me go through just about every hairstyle there is (he describes it as me “going through a phase“ lol). He of course always thinks that I’m “beautiful just the way [I am]” but I know he loves it when I have a shorter hair style in my natural hair color, straightened. Well, too bad baby :P my hair is curly, I have a habit of coloring (though hopefully no longer) and I plan on growing it out! Lol
I know he’ll support me through whatever makes me happy, but longer hair, especially past bra-strap is not a favorite of his. I don’t know why? I love long hair, and I always thought guys were suppose to too..? Maybe its just because I have crazy thick curly hair :P and he’s afraid it will strangle him in his sleep…

elbow chic
April 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Mine thinks it's a little silly, but he good-humoredly tolerates it. He does his own hair with a Bic razor. ;)

(He did panic a little when I told him about the sebum-only method. :laugh: "Uh, so... you're not going to stop washing your hair, are you?"

I'm not planning on doing it, but it is very interesting nevertheless, right?)

My hair was in a cute pixie cut when we were dating and first married. Previous girlfriends of his have had quite a variety of hair lengths, so I don't think he was a "thing" about it one way or the other.

Lielananna
April 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
My husband loves my hair long. He's even bragged about the length of it at work and gets slightly pouty when I have to wear my hair up to keep it from being tangled since he can't show off how long it is.

He's also a good support system. Whenever I'm getting frustrated with it or contemplating doing something drastic like cutting it, he's always there to remind me that I'd regret it and that I really do like it long and the frustration will fade.

wavykisses
April 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM
It's my husband dream to see me with hair at waist
he really likes and appreciate very long hair.
His support it's what gets me through when I want to run for a pair of scissors
and chop it.

LoveMyLongHair
April 7th, 2011, 12:10 PM
My SO absolutely adores long hair.....my hair is at waist now and he told me HIS goal for it is,......as he put it........."I was thinking Crystal Gayle" LOL.........

I am wanting to go to knee, so.......no problems there. :cheese:

He is very supportive of my hair journey and when I cut 5 inches off to get rid of the rest of damage, he nearly had a canary. He was sooooooooooo upset. But it has grown back and he is anxiously awaiting "Crystal Gayle"

Dork, but I love him.

CaityBear
April 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
My honey likes my hair long but would love it short so that my hair sticks don't poke him in the face! Haha he's almost a foot taller than me so when we hug my hairsticks and hairpins are right at face level....I've poked him many times before....but he always says he likes my hair long.

QMacrocarpa
April 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
He prefers it long, he's definitely more likely to volunteer to comb/tangle-teez it when it's longer.

Animae
April 7th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Mine has described mine as amazing, and he loves it. He says if I cut it short he'll be quite sad. So now he doesn't cut his hair and I don't cut mine. I like his hair long too.

Nevvie
April 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
My boyfriend's hair is longer than mine :( (nearly to waist) and he loves the idea of me growing mine out. He met me when my hair was shoulder length-ish, and his ex had chin length hair so I know he's fine with any length but he remarks regularly that he loves long hair. He's a little unsure of hair that's long enough to sit on though so I told him I'd stop at hips. We'll see when I get there :p

Slinks
April 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
my DH loves long hair, I always used to keep my hair asl very much like Princess Diana he was always upset every time I got it cut .. so now I'm growing it and he loves it, I don't think I'll go too much longer, it's now about an inch longer than my siggy :-) I do need a trim though, I'm not a fan of thin fairy tail ends ..

Ishje
April 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
My BF likes my hair long, but he might think that my goal is a bit too long.
now I am at tailbone and he loves it and compliments it, but when I told him I would really love to know what it is like at knee length he seemed to have some doubts :p

firefly42
April 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
DH loves my hair long although he's a little bit unsure about my goal (classic)...he's not sure how he feels about that much hair and he's afraid he's gonna wake up one day and be strangling in it lol!

prof-annie
April 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
my partner likes long hair but not the fact that I scream and wake him up when he rolls on it when we are sleeping!

Othala
April 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hubby loves my long hair and he is keen to see it longer. He supports me by giving me scalp massages and..umm...in other ways that release estrogen and are good for hair, LOL.

danacc
April 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
My husband likes long hair on me. By "long hair" he means APL or longer, which seems short to me! (Mine has been waist-length or longer since years before we met.)

He's been supportive of any length I've decided to try, any up-do, stretched-out washings, unconventional washings, putting food in it (coconut oil, honey, coconut milk, evoo), and so forth. Basically, if it makes me happy, he's good with it.

BlueCanary
April 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM
We were just talking about this last night. His "ideal" length would be mid back, between BSL and waist. I'm currently at classic and kind of just seeing how it goes. He says it really doesn't matter to him because its MY hair. So it matters what I think about it. It has taken him a LONG time to come to terms with how I feel about my hair and that getting a bad or "short" haircut is A Very Big Deal. To him, not so much. So, he's supportive and likes it because I like it.

FireBunny
April 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
My partner says he loves my (currently waist length) hair and he's really excited that I plan to grow it to classic length, but he can't help laughing when I walk around the house for two hours with goop & plastic wrap on my head.

mrs_coffee
April 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
He doesn't care. He loves short hair and long hair and everything in between. He has no opinion on me growing out my hair. He insists that I look beautiful either way so it doesn't matter. Sometimes I wish he did have an opinion, but he just doesn't.

Fingolphin
April 7th, 2011, 02:44 PM
My wife is not a fan, :) but nor does she hate it. She has just always preferred me with short hair.

selderon
April 7th, 2011, 02:54 PM
DH has been indicating regularly for years that he wants me to grow my hair longer. The longest it has been since we met is just a little longer than shoulder length. He saw a picture of me when my hair was BSL+ and was gobsmacked.

The only bit I'm not looking forward to is the first time he props himself up on his elbow on top of my hair.

CurlyCreature
April 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Wow! How interesting! I'm really surprised with how many of you have long-hair-loving partners! All the men in my life just call me a "dirty hippy" when I tell them I dont shampoo :P (well, mostly just my brother lol) but it's lovely to know that so many of you have support, and at least we have each-other too right?

I have a feeling that growing hair will, well, "grow" on my boyfriend over time... Like I said, he is always loving and supportive no matter what, but it's just so funny that guys can be so different from one another, lol

Fairlight63
April 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
My DH prefers my hair short - about chin length. He would be so happy if I got it cut short :cheese:He used to say that he was going to get some scissors & cut it (jokingly, I think)
He has given up on me cutting my hair now & doesn't say anything about it good or bad. That is OK - I would rather him ignore it than to nag me to cut it all of the time.

jesis
April 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
My boyfriend doesn't get the point. He thinks that my APL hair IS long. Sometimes he even sees other girls with longer hair and says something about how he doesn't understand why I would want my hair that long. :P But at other times he comments on how long hair is pretty and that's what he desires on a woman. Haha just can't get a straight answer.

CarpeDM
April 7th, 2011, 03:16 PM
My SO LOVES long hair, whenever I even mention getting a trim, I see panic in his eyes...

Syaoransbear
April 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
My boyfriend is definitely not a fan of anything beyond waist and is very vocal about it. Doesn't bother me though, because I don't want to go beyond waist anyway.

carabean
April 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
He doesn't like it. But, I do. : )

telegraph64
April 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
He loves my hair, and is currently supporting my re-growing mission, as it was him whom told me at first, that my hair was mechanically damaged, frizzy, fly-away, and very thin at the ends. He loves the look, but does not like it "that" way. ;)

Zefyra
April 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
DBF absolutely loves the idea of me growing my hair very long!
Shortly after we met (but long before we were dating) I cut my hair from slightly above sl to chin length.. It was so cute when he came up to me and said "please dont cut hair any shorter.. you would look so pretty with long hair!" He was really glad when I decided to grow it out... And he regularly comments on it, saying how pretty it is etc. He was rso happy when I said I want it at least to my hips....

Aleria
April 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure if he liked it longer or not (I chopped from BSL to chin) but I know he likes my turquoise. When I told him I might be dyeing it black at Easter he looked sad.
But then again, he cut his really short and I don't like it so, hah.

kwaniesiam
April 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Well right now I have a buzzcut and DBF has 3 month old dreads so they're still developing and are a giant frizzy mess. We're quite a pair!

lw8666
April 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
My boyfriend loves long hair. But I am not growing it out for him, it's for myself. I used to have long, thick, waist length hair and I really really miss it. I feel that its suits me much better than shorter hair.

He really supports my long hair journey to get back to waist length. When ever I feel like giving up, he reminds me how hard I've been trying to grow and how good I've been doing! :) He snaps me out of it when things get not so good.

lw8666
April 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Oh yes, I forgot to add... When I did have a chin length bob and straightened style, my boyfriend loved it so much! It was different on me and he really enjoyed it. So I guess he loves long and short.

ouseljay
April 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Well, my s.other has never seen me with hair shorter than BSL (since I've never had it, hah). He didn't really care when they stylist cut it to BSL, it didn't seem to make much difference to him. And he has said that he might find it a bit weird if I'm able to get it to hip or longer :( , but I doubt he'd actually dislike it. (He's very laid back. :) )

He did mention today that he likes it when I wear my hair down, something about it being "sexy." :)

Angeletti
April 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
DH loves long hair so has never had a problem with me growing it out... now the color of my hair is another story! He hates it black.

LotusFIre
April 7th, 2011, 05:13 PM
WELL I've always had shorter hair. He always gets nervous when I go for a haircut, and he seemed excited when I told him I was going to grow it long. So it seems he is pro long hair.
I guess only time will tell if he likes it REALLY long. My goal is waist.
We will see if he likes it when I get there.

Malibu Barbie
April 7th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Mine loves long hair the longer the better, but he sometimes hates the attention it can draw.

CathyEarnshaw
April 7th, 2011, 05:27 PM
My husband doesn't care on way or another. He's seen me with inch long hair , which I wore when we met, a chin length bob...I wore that for many years and now below the shoulders. He never comments on my hair or anything else physical except to say a general, "You look nice."

Pantsless Amy
April 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
After 13 years of marriage my husband is so happy I've finally committed to growing my hair long. It fills him with such joy.

Once, when we'd only been married two or three years, I cut my bsl hair to chin length on a whim. It was super cute. I came home expecting to hear how cute I was and he just said in horror "what did you do?" I was so crushed. He didn't know why I cried. He complained about me the next day and the women he worked with set him straight. I got a very nice apology. And since then he has always been supportive of whatever I want to do with my hair. But he doesn't hide how happy my long hair makes him. Or how relieved he was last time I went to a salon (two years ago) and I only trimmed my hair instead of getting a drastic chop (which is my usual mo).

LotusFIre
April 7th, 2011, 05:48 PM
After 13 years of marriage my husband is so happy I've finally committed to growing my hair long. It fills him with such joy.

Once, when we'd only been married two or three years, I cut my bsl hair to chin length on a whim. It was super cute. I came home expecting to hear how cute I was and he just said in horror "what did you do?" I was so crushed. He didn't know why I cried. He complained about me the next day and the women he worked with set him straight. I got a very nice apology. And since then he has always been supportive of whatever I want to do with my hair. But he doesn't hide how happy my long hair makes him. Or how relieved he was last time I went to a salon (two years ago) and I only trimmed my hair instead of getting a drastic chop (which is my usual mo).
My husband once was very upset when I got a weird geometrical super short cut. He acted weird but never came right out and said he didnt like it. Months later when it had grown out he told me how much he hated it.
Jeez if he was going to wait that long to tell me, why did he tell me at all? Guys are weird.:rolleyes:

<3OnHerSleeve
April 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
My DBF said that the first thing he noticed about me was my hair. I've been wearing it my nature texture. He's got an idea that I'm obsessed about my hair, but I really don't think he cares too much about how I want to grow it longer. He thinks my hair is long now (boy has he got no idea! lol)

MaryRose
April 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
When my husband asked me to grow my hair out from a Pixie cut, that's when I figured he liked long hair. His idea of long hair is APL:) I told him about growing it to waist and he seems nervous, but supportive. I told him I can grow it to waist and if he doesn't like it, I can always shorten it. He loved that idea:)

Jeno86
April 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair long. When I talk about doing something new with my hair he freezes O_O "do not cut your hair". It makes me smile.

nellreno
April 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM
She likes mine and is happy that I take care of my hair and want to grow it out. In previous relationships it was weird discussing hair care with them, now I share a lot of details with her and she even started CO washing occasionally. And she doesn't mind that I don't wash my hair every day because neither does she! Her hair is a lot longer than mine (around classic length), so she understands my mindset in growing my hair out.

RitaCeleste
April 7th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I don't know what my SO thinks would look good on me. I tried above the shoulders and he hated it. I tried three different cuts about bra strap length we all hated. He says thinner. He says brown. He says how about straight? I tell him my hair will fall out of my head if I straighten it! I say red, blue, green... Its gotten this long because I haven't had any better ideas for it. He has an employee who has bra strap length layered hair that is straighter, colored various shades of brown. She dresses professionally. He likes her style more than mine. Mine involves unnatural hair colors, funky shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. I always manage to look casual, bohemian, people don't even blink when I roll my own cigs or I'm hitting all the thrift stores and sales racks. Yep, we are different, and we love each other in spite of it all!

CurlyCreature
April 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I don't know what my SO thinks would look good on me. I tried above the shoulders and he hated it. I tried three different cuts about bra strap length we all hated. He says thinner. He says brown. He says how about straight? I tell him my hair will fall out of my head if I straighten it! I say red, blue, green... Its gotten this long because I haven't had any better ideas for it. He has an employee who has bra strap length layered hair that is straighter, colored various shades of brown. She dresses professionally. He likes her style more than mine. Mine involves unnatural hair colors, funky shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. I always manage to look casual, bohemian, people don't even blink when I roll my own cigs or I'm hitting all the thrift stores and sales racks. Yep, we are different, and we love each other in spite of it all!

aww thats cute :) they do say opposites attract ;)

Miss Catrina
April 7th, 2011, 07:29 PM
My boyfriend is very excited to see my hair grow past my butt.

vanity_acefake
April 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
My boyfriend just says every now and again "your hair is getting long".
That's pretty good for him though. I cut my long hair into a bob years ago and it took him about 5 days to notice.

Maelyssa
April 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
At this point I'm pretty sure my other half is pretty sick of hearing about my hair wins & woes. He doesn't act like it though, which is a blessing.
I told him that my goal is classic length (well showed him how long) & he thinks it would be pretty darned 'sexy' so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he still feels the same way once it really is that long. :D

claviculanoctis
April 7th, 2011, 08:21 PM
My husband loves long hair. (and i love his!) Last summer when I began oils and switching between cones and cone free and deep treatments he's noticing the difference in my current hair than before; now he himself is catching on!

I love the fact that if I'm having a bad hair day or when an experiment goes wrong my husband will add "maybe its the protein in your poo/conditioner or you should deep condition" Its truly an awe moment! :'D He knows so much! :p

I talk to him about my hair. And he talks to me about his hair haha .;)

Cirafly24
April 7th, 2011, 08:29 PM
When I first came to LHC and started taking care of my hair, my fiance thought it was silly. He complained that my hairsticks poked him when he hugged me, said that all I wanted to talk about was hair, thought I was spending too much money on hair stuff, etc. He was never interested in my new hair discoveries, and blatantly told me that no, he didn't want to know how I made that bun. I was pretty disappointed with his reactions.

However, as time went by and it was apparent this wasn't a "passing phase," he realized it means a lot to me, and has become more supportive. Now he compliments my new hair toys, plays with my hair (I LOVE this), and tells me it looks nice. He stopped using the "hair is dead, how could it possibly look healthy?" comment, and just takes what I say at face value. He may not agree with a lot of the weird concoctions I've come up with to put in my hair, but he doesn't make negative comments any more :)

He is super supportive of me making my own hair toys (it's cheaper!), and set me up with a little toolbox of my own to play with :D He's even talking a lot about going into the hair toy business! What a 180!

Alun
April 7th, 2011, 08:33 PM
DW sometimes says that she would prefer my hair tied back more often, whereas I usually wear it loose. I guess I would prefer it if she let her hair hang loose more often, but we don't argue over hair.

Quixii
April 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM
He loves my hair. It's one of the first things he noticed about it, and still compliments it frequently. :)

WaterMusic
April 7th, 2011, 08:37 PM
SO loves my hair long, but I'm not sure if he'd like it if it was classic length or longer. He's definitely not in favour of cutting it though. :)

mrs carol
April 7th, 2011, 08:42 PM
My husband loves my long hair. It is tail bone length and he says its not long enough, he'd like to see it knee length. I hope it will grow that long. I've never had my hair that long long before.

Sundial
April 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
DH doesn't seem to have a preference lengthwise, but he seems to like lighter colored hair so I have been coloring my hair up to the time I joined LHC.

He knows I am staying away from hair dyes now, but he occasionally threatens to drag me to a salon to color my hair if I have been bad (of course I know he's kidding!) :rolleyes:

I did mention my goal length to him and he seemed ok with it, but we had a long hair sighting 2 weeks ago and seeing it in real life seemed to have given him a hard knock over the head. I guess he suddenly realized how long it will be and he commented that it seems too long on me. Nonetheless, I am still going to try for it and if it doesn't work out then I can always trim it back shorter

Lostsoule77
April 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
My DF loves long, curly hair. Luckily that is what I have (though not dark enough for him.) I've had long hair the majority of my life, but never longer than bcl. I recently mentioned that I might try to go for classic and he said fine. I've also said I was gonna cut it all off (just to see what he would say) and he said fine to that too. :) He says it's my hair and I can do whatever I want with it, but he definitely prefers it long (at least bsl.)

Lunitari
April 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
My BF always compliments my updos, but I'm pretty sure he likes my hair at waist or beyond.
He never really has much to say about it :p

LittleOrca
April 7th, 2011, 10:44 PM
My fiancé loves me hair and he is growing out his own. His hair is curly so it looks about APL, but when wet it's BSL... if he wore a bra. :)

SurprisingWoman
April 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
My husband loves my hair. He did my last two trims and the last time he had to do it in two sessions because he didn't want to take off too much.

When I got frustrated when I was letting the color grow out he was always my encouragement to wait it out.

He's such a love. :inlove:

He prefers it down which is why I will be maintaining at classic for a while.

firicia
April 7th, 2011, 11:43 PM
My fiance loves the idea of me having tailbone length hair. I hope I am saying that right, basically I want it down to before my butt crack.

He is even helpful, one night I was tired and he helped me braid my hair, and whenever something gets stuck in my hair he very carefully tries to get it out without breaking any hair. Next thing I may teach him is a scalp massage, ahhh :D

He knows this is probably a 5 year long journey to the right length, also that it means not being a red head unless I wanna jump on the henna wagon, but I am honestly too lazy for that right now:p

MonaLisa
April 8th, 2011, 05:41 AM
DBF likes it long definitely :)
Once a mean stylist cut it to BSL or bit shorter he was very sad asking me ' Where's your hair?' and made me more sad too.
Usually after a cut or trim he's avoiding to look at me, which is so silly!
When I informed him I'm growing it to hip - reaction 'YAY!' :D

I wish he had more understanding for my new LHC rules :D
Oiling, protecting, no blow drying... I don't think he likes the waiting time, if we are to go somehwere and my hair needs its time to dry etc.

He'd prefer me blonde, not understanding all the damage, bleach....things, and I've tried blonde, prefer dark -sorry dear :D

Eire
April 8th, 2011, 05:53 AM
My fiance likes my hair because I like it. I think he does slightly prefer longer hair in general, but he's mostly just happy to see me happy. He's said that a lot of girls can pull off the short look really well and that he doesn't have any thing against short hair.

He does like long hair, but there is a "too long" for him. Fortunately, it's after the point where I was planning on growing, since I think that hair longer than about tailbone would be too unmanageable and difficult to wear down for my taste anyway. I'm probably going to stop at hip; that's plenty long enough for me.

Sweetie
April 8th, 2011, 06:52 AM
my beloved one has always been supportive about me growing long hair - he says I'd be even more beautiful with short hair (many people say this to me actually) but he loves long straight hair, so he's happy I'm growing hair!
Anyway, my goal is waist lenght, and he agrees - he says he doesn't like longer hair (but if I decide to grow it to knee this wouldnt be a problem anyway)...

salls
April 8th, 2011, 07:01 AM
DBF has longer hair then me, I don't think that heis too bothered what my hair is like although he seem happy for me when I get new toys or I can get a new style to stay and things like that. He in general he preffers men with long hair (he's bi and a goth so no supprises there), but I've never really asked how he preffers womens hair, maybe I should not that it would change my mind on the length I want. I know he dosen't really like hair longer than about classic, I'm going for hip so it dosen't really matter.

He may not have much thoughts about my hair but I do have designs on his (it's just a touch longer than BSL) and I would love him to get to waist.

Knotted
April 8th, 2011, 08:08 AM
My husband says he doesn't mind what I do with my hair, but I know he (and me!) prefers me with at least SL hair. I don't think I could pull off short pixie hair, anyway, so I've never done it.

Scarlet_Heart
April 8th, 2011, 09:04 AM
My hubby thinks it's kind of silly but looks at it like a hobby of mine, which it is. He didn't want me to henna because he said he liked my natural color. But he's getting adjusted to it. The only thing he doesn't like is when I spend too much money on hair stuff.

*runs to hide the receipt for the henna stash I just ordered* :run:

Naphthylamine
April 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
My BF loves my hair, and even supports me to get to classic length. However he thinks I'm over protecting my hair and wants me to leave my hair down a lot. Nowadays I'm trying to make him understand about "protective updos" :D
He has gorgeous ii/iii, 1b, APLish hair that hardly tangles and never gets insanely dry or split. So maybe he expects my hair to behave like his..

Misti
April 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Well, in my family we don't cut our hair. My husband's is waits length and my 8 year old son's is to the top of his thighs.

But I had never actually asked my husband what he preferred aesthetically, so I asked. Turns out he doesn't really have a strong preference, but he says that he supposes he likes it long since it's easier not to have boring hair that way -- I change my hairdo up pretty frequently and that's hard to do with a pixie. :)

edited to add: (There may be some amount of rebellion going on though, because all four of our adult sons and both of our grandsons have super, super short hair. My elder grandson shaves his head!)

Rocket22
April 8th, 2011, 03:23 PM
My BF finds my hair obsession funny. He thinks I'm kinda silly but he loves me anyways :) he totally prefers my hair not too long (about where it is) boy is he in for a shock when it hits TB. but it's funny because he sells hair products... we be a good match!

HintOfMint
April 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Whenever I've mentioned growing my hair out, no matter what length it was at the time, my boyfriend or date would always say that I should keep it at that length and not grow it longer. Collarbone, APL, BSL, didn't matter. Completely anecdotal, but I think those particular men weren't great with change. Granted, if they saw it later, they went berserk over the length and said THAT was the perfect length for me. Go figure.

I do what I want because I'm cocky and convinced of my own good taste. :-P

BrightEyes7
April 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
He doesn't care. When we started dating it was APL now it's waist. I say stuff like I'm going to chop it off and if he says anything at all it's usually "My mom will be upset" (she loves my hair, loves it!). Or he'll say something like everyone wants hair like mine, why chop it.

So I guess he secretly likes it, but doesn't show it! ;)

Shoga
April 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM
My boyfriend likes long hair best, but he wouldn't be too upset if I ever cut it short. It's my hair and he just wants me to be happy with it. ^-^ Sometimes he even helps me detangle it and stuff, and I taught him how to braid. Haha.

BrightEyes
April 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
My DH told me last night he wants me to keep my hair short:(. Of course he followed that up with "but do whatever you want". And I intend to do just that, grow to at least BSL!!! I just wish he were a bit more supportive of my long hair goals.

KrissyKitty
April 8th, 2011, 07:44 PM
My bf tells me that while I was cute with long hair (how it was when he met me) i'm stunning with short hair (i currently have a pixie). He also greatly encourages me to grow out my natural color. He never shampoos his hair- does water only method. He encourages me to do that too, but I don't think my hair would like that much. Still, I'm growing it out.

Rivanariko
April 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
He loves it, but wishes I'd wear it down more. He used to have "long" hair (about chin-length) until the Military took it away. As we're trying to decide whether to re-enlist or not, "short hair" actually made an appearance on the "con" list.

jimmypopp
April 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Long, butt length hair is what attracted me to my girlfriend. She says having long hair is her dream...

Tia2010
April 9th, 2011, 12:16 AM
My dh likes my hair in a very short pixie and he really didn't like the idea of me growing really long ( well TB length) hair at all....but since I have been growing it he seems to like it more and more. Who knows , long may soon become his new favorite :p

Braidy
April 9th, 2011, 07:56 AM
My SO absolutely adores that I'm growing out my hair. He likes to play with it or just stare at me while I'm combing it. I'm going for tailbone but his goal for me is - I quote - "a long braid to my bum, just like the princess in Braveheart". I thing that's quite a lot longer than what I have in mind! I think it's cute though, the way he says that :D

PiroskaCicu
April 9th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I was growing out a pixie when I met my DBF and he liked it back then. I used to wear it in two tiny pigtails because that was all I could do with it at the time. :P

Now I am basically at BSL and he loves it even more. He likes my goal to grow long hair, but I'm not sure if he's prepared for tailbone length! :) He loves petting my hair, especially in bed. Sometimes he will comb it for me. =)

Superfine
April 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I've been growing from pixie for almost 4 yrs. with frequent trims. My husband of 44 yrs. thinks all this thought about hair is silly. Most all of these 44 yrs. I've had short hair. It was short when we met & married. Well, at bast BSL I was enjoying wearing it down at night (TV watching) but always up & back in the day. Well...the other day he surprised me & asked if I could pls do him a great favor. Could I pls not wear my hair loose. Tie it back, up, etc. "It's driving me crazy!. I can't even look at you." OK, he is all about control. I know this. So the hair has to be controlled too, I guess. So much for what he feels about long hair. I have since cut about 4" to about APL. It is easier to put in various updos since my hair is fine & slippery. Maybe we can both be happy with this length. Thanks for having a place where I can tell someone about this who understands.

Rocket22
April 9th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I've been growing from pixie for almost 4 yrs. with frequent trims. My husband of 44 yrs. thinks all this thought about hair is silly. Most all of these 44 yrs. I've had short hair. It was short when we met & married. Well, at bast BSL I was enjoying wearing it down at night (TV watching) but always up & back in the day. Well...the other day he surprised me & asked if I could pls do him a great favor. Could I pls not wear my hair loose. Tie it back, up, etc. "It's driving me crazy!. I can't even look at you." OK, he is all about control. I know this. So the hair has to be controlled too, I guess. So much for what he feels about long hair. I have since cut about 4" to about APL. It is easier to put in various updos since my hair is fine & slippery. Maybe we can both be happy with this length. Thanks for having a place where I can tell someone about this who understands.

Aww this is pretty sad to me. I'm sorry you are going through this. I do hope you can compromise and both be happy about your hair.

Sunsailing
April 9th, 2011, 10:42 AM
My wife was the one who told me to grow it. She told me to grow it because she knew that's what I've always wanted.

But she does not like long hair on men. She would be very happy if I cut it short, yet she remains supportive.

She has never even touched my hair since I grew it long. :(

AnnaJamila
April 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
DH wouldn't like short hair but he thinks super-duper long hair is a bit out there. Lol, I told him I wanted to grow mine down to my hips and looked at me like I'd completely lost the plot! He doesn't know what long healthy hair looks like. He's used to coarse hair that's been highlighted, flat ironed and blow-fried within an inch of it's life he's a bit concerned! lol

CurlyCreature
April 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Aw :( He definitely could of worded that better. I too hope that you can compromise, it is you're hair after all. But I feel ya, my boyfriend has his moments when he's *annoyed* with my hair. It's so curly and it gets caught on everything... plus until recently it shedded a lot because of how I was treating it. We used to work together and he was my manager. I would wear my hair back and work but he would constantly be yelling at me not to get hair in the food (I never did, but this was a huge fear of his). Some times guys just dont get it :confused: but good luck, and I hope that you find a way to keep both of you happy when it comes to hair

Fairlight63
April 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Superfine http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1552940#post1552940)

I had to look at the Poster to see if I had wrote that, LOL Your husband sounds JUST like mine. One time I was sitting on the bed with my hair down watching TV and he came into the room & said "Why don't you cut that mess off?"

I have also had short hair most of our marriage (43yrs.) and decided that I did not want to look like all of the other ladies my age with dead looking short dyed hair or short poodle do's. So I decided 4 yrs. ago to let my hair grow long & gray. I wear my hair up all of the time because my DH doesn't like it long & I don't want to give him an excuse to say something hurtful about my hair. The closest I come to wearing it down is a braid over my shoulder at night then back up in a bun during the day.

celebriangel
April 9th, 2011, 04:27 PM
My DBF adores long, red hair, which is lucky because I do too :p Before I came to LHC and learned that such things were possible with real hair, I said I might dress up one day with knee-length red extensions, and he almost fainted with joy!

I'm really sorry for the people whose SOs aren't very supportive :( and I now feel wonderfully lucky!

selderon
April 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I love Sophie Marceau in Braveheart! She gets the most wonderful clothes and jewelry and hairstyles. (Not always wonderful... I'm not a fan of the braided buns over each ear. I keep thinking of cinnamon buns and then I can't focus on the movie. :P) The long dresses she wears balance her knee-length hair and makes her look so graceful. Plus, she is luminous. I want to be luminous. So far the best I can do is exercise hard and get bright red. Not quite the same effect.

Braidy
April 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I love Sophie Marceau in Braveheart! She gets the most wonderful clothes and jewelry and hairstyles. (Not always wonderful... I'm not a fan of the braided buns over each ear. I keep thinking of cinnamon buns and then I can't focus on the movie. :P) The long dresses she wears balance her knee-length hair and makes her look so graceful. Plus, she is luminous. I want to be luminous. So far the best I can do is exercise hard and get bright red. Not quite the same effect.

Yes indeed, she looks lovely. But knee is a bit too much for me :p I don't think I could handle such a length, thick as my hair is :rolleyes:

Chamy
April 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM
This is rather interesting i think. My SO overheard me talking to a friend a few days ago, we were talking about hair and i said that im getting a little bit tired of being WO(just cause i miss the lathering ;), other than that it totally agrees with my hair.) and might shampoo in a few days. And he jumped in the conversation and said i should not, "Why, you dont need it". He was more determined than i was, and of course i know that i hate the feeling of newly shampooed hair.

And he loves my hair long, when i tell him about my goals he listens patiently, but does´nt have much to say, which i think is very cute. :)

mrs_coffee
April 10th, 2011, 07:50 AM
This is rather interesting i think. My SO overheard me talking to a friend a few days ago, we were talking about hair and i said that im getting a little bit tired of being WO(just cause i miss the lathering , other than that it totally agrees with my hair.) and might shampoo in a few days. And he jumped in the conversation and said i should not, "Why, you dont need it".

That is so cute. :)

Yesterday when we were at Target we got separated. I had originally gone to Target for conditioner, so I headed to the shampoo aisle. I found Brent standing there reading the bottles. I asked what he was doing and he said "Checking for silicone." I almost died laughing. He didn't even know that conditioner could contain silicone a few months ago.

ouseljay
April 10th, 2011, 09:13 AM
:cloud9:
Last night my s.other said to me, out of the blue "I always think this, but I don't I say it out loud enough. I think you have beautiful hair."
:inlove:

Chamy
April 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Last night my s.other said to me, out of the blue "I always think this, but I don't I say it out loud enough. I think you have beautiful hair."

That is so cute! Good for you to have found such a sweetheart. :flower:

Chamy
April 10th, 2011, 09:17 AM
That is so cute. :)

Yesterday when we were at Target we got separated. I had originally gone to Target for conditioner, so I headed to the shampoo aisle. I found Brent standing there reading the bottles. I asked what he was doing and he said "Checking for silicone." I almost died laughing. He didn't even know that conditioner could contain silicone a few months ago.

Haha, i would have laughed too, that is funny. And cute. :)

veronicaleah
April 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
My DH absolutely LOVES that I'm growing mine out... although he has seen my hair through many colors and lengths and told me that all were his favorite at the time. :)

MonaLisa
April 13th, 2011, 02:28 AM
Awww , he just told me I looked very beautiful yesterday, with my hair lol ( had it all loose). And that it sucks when I wear it up.

Guess I'll take that as sort of compliment:confused:

Superfine
April 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Fairlight63- Today was the 1st day I've been able to read replies to my post. We changed browser from Mozilla to Opera & for some reason lhc won't let me sign in. So...I'm at the library. So good to know I'm not the only one with a DH with this attitude. He wasn't mean about it, but I guess it just strikes a nerve with him. I have been wearing it up & all is happy. I don't plan on cutting though because it is (a) too easy to wash & put up, (b)it is cooler in summer & doesn't blow around-hot,windy TX, (c) I can cut it myself, (d) I happen to like & enjoy it! Best of luck to you too! All seems happy around the house now. Thanks for the support!!
Also thanks to all others who sent kind words. Absolutely why I love this site.

Monkie
April 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
my dude likes long hair, and since I am growing out a Pixie cut, all I hear about is my 'boy hair'. 'When are you going to grow out that boy hair'. 'Why do you look like a boy' and so forth. It's not like I can have it grow ten inches overnight or something. He doesn't really have a real clear concept of how long it takes to really get long hair.

AMW
April 13th, 2011, 12:30 PM
My husband loves long and healthy hair. however he has no idea what it takes to maintain a long and healthy hair! He does not like to see my hair up ... he does not like the smell of AVC around the house ... when I'm doing henna I have to send him out of the house becase he thinks I'm going to loose all my hair doing henna!!
In summary ... we just got married and he is just now being exposed to the hair routine a girl goes through "daily". Hopefully in a few months he will relax and start helping me apply henna =)

AMW
April 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Thant is so sweet!!

Elfblaide
April 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM
My hubs loooves my long hair, bless him :D Was one of the first things he ever said to me when we met *blush* He prefers it when it's all wavy and natural, un-straightened and 'just-outta-bed' kind hair ( I've always preferred it straight as it makes me feel more serene :p) but he's in full support of my growing ambitions, yay!

Tefnut
April 13th, 2011, 04:15 PM
My fella thinks the longer the better. He's the reason i started growing it i've kept to a 1920's style bob for many years.

AshNight1214
April 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I hope no one is offended when I start by saying I have no significant other. HOWEVER, my dad is extremely fond of long hair (had a pretty good ponytail for a while himself) and, in his mind, the longer the better as long as it's healthy.

Fadedbluedreams
April 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
When I first met my husband, I had hiplength hair. He loved it. I cut it, went through many stupid crazy phases and now I'm growing it long again. He still prefers me with long hair.

Springlets
April 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
My bf loves long hair, he met me when I had about between waist and BSL hair (when curly). But it was badly damaged and so I eventually cut it around shoulder. He never said he didn't like it, but I figured he preferred it longer. It's grown back to the original length but he even said himself that it looks so much better because it's healthier. I think his ideal would be anywhere between BSL and TBL. I don't think he'd go for knee length, but I have no intention of going that far so that works.

I know he likes my hair curly, but probably wishes I'd do my hair straight more often, just to change things up. I probably straighten it twice a month but lately I am just not in the mood to iron it. He loves playing around with it and seeing the giant poof ball it becomes after making out. He never mentions when it looks bad; if I say it's looking terrible he'll say I look amazing. :)

Sunshineliz
April 13th, 2011, 06:53 PM
My DH definitely likes longer. He was not happy when I chopped off my long hair to shoulder length a couple of months ago (it was damaged and I wanted to start over). I came home and he said "It looks nice honey" with his eyes looking like a deer caught in headlights!:laugh: He admitted he likes the curtain of hair if I lean over to kiss him, a la "Highway Man." Oh well, it can be long again soon enough.

Mírien
April 14th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Great thread. :) My DBF contributed to my decision of growing my hair very long. When we met my hair was nearly at waist but was quite upset with it thinking that it would never grow any longer... Then, he told me that what he has always found most attractive about me (even before we got to know each other) is my "gorgeous, long, black hair" (well, he loves to call it black, but it's definitely not, it's simply dark). That truly made my day. :D
I started to wonder whether I was doing something wrong. Last October I found LHC and realised that I hadn't been too gentle with my hair... Ripping through it with a plastic comb, damage from everyday ponytails, dried ends, washing with harsh shampoos - and the list could go on. Since last December I have been on all-natural hair care and my hair is so thankful for it. It looks and feels healthier and it IS growing. Now both DBF and I are looking forward to see it at classic length. ;)

ashke50
April 14th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I asked my fiance what he thought of my plaiting my hair up at night (which I have started doing since I joined LHC) and he said it was good, because it meant he didn't roll on it and hurt me. But he then said it was a shame that since I joined LHC I have been putting my hair up more during the day. He says he misses my "lovely flowing locks" and the fact that he can't run his hands through it when it is up. Bless! I will keep my hair up at work, but sounds like it might be a good idea to let it down sometimes at home, so he can stroke it.

racrane
April 15th, 2011, 08:44 AM
My boyfriend actually prefers shoulder length, as that was how he met me. But he supports whatever length makes me happy. Come to think of it, all the girls he dated have had shoulder length blond hair (weird!). Anyway, he's very supportive.

baaaad_kitty
April 15th, 2011, 11:15 AM
My BF loves my hair, he doesn't mind me growing my hair but he also said hips may be too long. Fine with me, I plan to stay at waist

ElvenArchess
April 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think he overall approves of my hair goals. He knows I want to grow my hair to just past my breasts and he said it sounds like it will be beautiful.. he's generally approving of everything I do that isn't self-destructive. :p Even if he did mind, all I'd have to tell him is that it's so I can be Lara Croft for Halloween one year and he'll comply. :rolleyes:

Dark Queen
April 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
My husband loves it. The last time I told him I was about to trim it, he got this nervous look on his face and said, "You're not going to cut too much, are you?" It was so cute and sweet :D

RoseRedDead
April 16th, 2011, 10:16 AM
He loves it. He thinks it is very medieval and lovely. :)

thunderlilies
April 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
My DH is the main reason my hair is this long, and growing longer :-)

Nae
April 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
DH was not big on the pixie I had at the beginning of 2009, but neither was I. I started actively growing it out by March of that year and haven't looked back.

He is a little concerned about the growing hair toy collection. He is sure I have gone insane, but besides that, he is good.

Justy
April 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I think hubby would prefer my hair somewhere between shoulder length and APL. As soon as it starts to approach APL he starts to complain that it gets in his face too much at night. He really didn't like the pixie I got about 10 hrs ago so at least I know he doesn't like super short hair.

Whenever I ask him what he would prefer he says it's my hair so I can do what I want. So I'll grow it out and just braid it at night when it gets longer. :D Who knows he might like it, I've always knee-jerk cut my hair back to chin or shoulder once it got to APL, so niether of us have seen it longer than that.

stinamoo
April 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
My boy's aesthetic preference on me is straight, slightly layered light brown with blonde highlights, between shoulder and APL. But he accepts whatever I do to it! :D

Although my hair is only ~8 inches long it's really poof and, he does complain that it gets in his nose/mouth/face when we hug, so he also likes it when it's up.

selderon
April 16th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I wore my hair down for the first time in a month today. DH volunteered that it looked beautiful and thick and luscious and shiny. :D I just about did a happy dance.

alipes
April 16th, 2011, 06:06 PM
DH is definitely not a fan of short hair, but he loves that I'm trying to grow mine out! Really, I think he's supportive of whatever I decide, as long as I don't chop it all off! ;)

ibleedlipstick
April 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I just found out that my boyfriend of a year loves my hair up! I guess I tend to make the assumption that I look severe with it up, but if he likes it and it is better for my hair, I will be wearing it up with far less shame than I usually have.

danaj421
April 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM
My husband loves my long hair, but he does think my collection of hair oils is a bit much : )

growingpains
April 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
My boyfriend really likes long hair and often compliments me on it and talks about how much he likes it down. He does think being a member here is weird/cute, but is accepting of it given the amount of of time he spends on hockey forums.

Whenever I talk about needing a hair cut he gets all worried and begs me not to cut. It's cute.

He agrees with me that I should keep it this length or grow till a little after waist. I'm thinking hip/BCL would be something we'd both enjoy. Maybe waist for the front layers/top layers and hip/BCL for the back :)

That said, my bf classifies anything as APL+ as "long" and would be happy as long as I was in that range.

He also likes my hair down (or in a pony) more than up cause he likes to play with it.

MonaLisa
April 16th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Awww , he just told me I looked very beautiful yesterday, with my hair lol ( had it all loose). And that it sucks when I wear it up.

Guess I'll take that as sort of compliment:confused:
This went to a whole new level. Tonight we went out and i wore a ponytail in the club...to prevent tangles from hell as i dance... and he just pulled the thing down, pulling my hair too, to let it loose..and then he was all over me...showing his love..and told me to not wear it tied up again!!??? :confused::confused::confused:

rogue_psyche
April 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
My boyfriend prefers long hair. One time I chopped to between chin and shoulder and he was secretly sad about it (he admitted it only years and years later). It is great because I know I can trust him to trim my hair without trimming too much.

He prefers darker hair, and hasn't expressed a preference for texture.

Raiscake
April 17th, 2011, 02:41 AM
My boyfriend tells me I can do anything I want with my hair. I had shoulder-length hair when we met, but he was clearly excited when I told him my plans to grow down to waist at least. :D He prefers straight hair.

Qadupae
April 17th, 2011, 05:59 AM
DH doesn't mind my long hair, he does get a little moody when I go through phases of trying new things since he gets used to it one way and then I change it on him ^_^ If he had a favorite, it would be bald actually. He liked it when I shaved my head ^_^

estelwen
April 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
My husband absolutely loves my hair. We have a standing joke in which he tells me that whatever my current hairstyle is is his favorite ever. Someday I want to chop big time, and he says he'll consider cutting his beard then too.

Fingolphin
April 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Normally my wife doesn't say too much about it, but lately she's been nagging me constantly about cutting my hair, giving me coupons for salons to get it cut, etc. I love her dearly, but we tend to really disagree, I guess, about my hair. Oh well.

Dark Queen
April 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Normally my wife doesn't say too much about it, but lately she's been nagging me constantly about cutting my hair, giving me coupons for salons to get it cut, etc. I love her dearly, but we tend to really disagree, I guess, about my hair. Oh well.

That's funny, my husband and I have the opposite situation. He's currently at shoulder length and I love it, but he wants a flat-top. Go figure :doh:

PamelaViktoria
April 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
He actually thinks it looks flatters my face. Which is good because I've only had short hair when I was 5. Tramatized me forever!

ladylovecraft
April 22nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
My current boyfriend, who is a long-hair, apparently prefers shorter hair on women and is confused as to my preferences for extremely long hair. But when I showed him a photo of my goal length (tailbone), he commented that it was 'pretty'... so I don't know if he's lying to make me feel better or not. :confused:

TheBluffs
April 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
My exSO loved my hair.

Amraann
April 22nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
My husband adores my hair. To the point that I could spend 100$'s a month on it and he would be totally fine with it.
About 3-4 years ago I mentioned cutting it to a friend and he loudly said "NO"
Lets be really honest TMI but he likes it during ya know that thing.

HuggyBear
April 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
My SO loves my hair. He gets upset if I even mention getting a cut.:)

tanya222
April 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Aw I've been reading some of the responses on this thread and some of you have really nice SO's! (note to self: I have got to find me a nice guy who doesn't try to make me change my hair, who likes my hair whatever I do to it!)

faeriewings
April 22nd, 2011, 11:09 PM
My boyfriend only gets annoyed when I talk about having problems with it; if I mention having to trim split ends he'll go "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOUR HAIR IS GLORIOUS!"

yes. he likes the word glorious.

Jomo
April 23rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
The husband likes long hair, but up, so the whole process of growing suits him just fine!

I was in a relationship some years ago which had been souring for some time, but the straw that broke the camel's back was when I cut my hair from waist length to pixie. Curiously, once it started to grow back he was expressing interest again >_> guess it shows how much he actually cared about the important stuff!

Lildove
April 23rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
After reading almost every post I am really impressed by how many supportive husbands/dbfs/SO we have out there. I am pleased to say my husband falls in that catagory. I'm allowed to purchase what ever I want for my hair without question or any sort of funny remark. As far as length goes he seems fairly open to however long I feel like going. I feel quite blessed actually:)

MonaLisa
April 23rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
My DBF surprised me once more :)
He told me the other day ' you have so much hair'...and i said I thought he liked it....and he said yes, he loves it. I was like goodie, I'm planning to grow it a little bit longer. And he said ' of course! to below butt please!' So he wants me at classic length :confused::o And my goal was TBL for summer...then waist/hip after! So what's it gonna be....

Dark Queen
April 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
After reading almost every post I am really impressed by how many supportive husbands/dbfs/SO we have out there. I am pleased to say my husband falls in that catagory. I'm allowed to purchase what ever I want for my hair without question or any sort of funny remark. As far as length goes he seems fairly open to however long I feel like going. I feel quite blessed actually:)

So do I. I need to tell him that again :). It's funny, I never thought about being allowed to purchase things for my hair care. I realize now that's something I've kind of taken for granted, lol.

louisemg82
April 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
My husband likes long hair but he gets to a point where he will say that it's too long. Fortunately, it doesn't bother him too much and he tends to keep quiet because he knows I'll grow it anyway! :p I've discussed tailbone and may be beyond and he's said that's not too long (so I'm not sure what his 'limit' is). He loves me whatever and he'd love me with my head shaved.

His family are less forgiving, my MIL put pressure on him to suggest I get a haircut when we first met. I did eventually, not through my hubby pressuring me but other women :( - I went to APL and here I am regretting it and growing back. Really long hair in his family is considered APL. He has an aunt in her late 70s who is silver/blonde APL and refuses to cut. His other female relatives all talk about how much better she'd look 'without all that hair hanging around her face'. I think she looks awesome.

Dark Queen
April 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
My husband likes long hair but he gets to a point where he will say that it's too long. Fortunately, it doesn't bother him too much and he tends to keep quiet because he knows I'll grow it anyway! :p I've discussed tailbone and may be beyond and he's said that's not too long (so I'm not sure what his 'limit' is). He loves me whatever and he'd love me with my head shaved.

His family are less forgiving, my MIL put pressure on him to suggest I get a haircut when we first met. I did eventually, not through my hubby pressuring me but other women :( - I went to APL and here I am regretting it and growing back. Really long hair in his family is considered APL. He has an aunt in her late 70s who is silver/blonde APL and refuses to cut. His other female relatives all talk about how much better she'd look 'without all that hair hanging around her face'. I think she looks awesome.

Sorry to hear about all the pressure. At least you and his aunt can be each other's support :)

louisemg82
April 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks Dark Queen - we are! I won't ever cut again through peer pressure, lesson learnt. It's funny because I get along with his female relatives in every area apart from hair.

LittleOak
April 25th, 2011, 05:29 AM
My partner thinks that me growing my hair and all the care that goes with it and love for hair accessories is really sweet. He refers to it as one of 'my things' or one of my hobbies that I enjoy. I guess I see it like that too :)

dulce
April 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
luckily for me hubbie likes long hair and long gray hair on older women..now that 1 grew it out again after a misguided pixie period,he keeps telling me how pretty it is and he never gives compliments-he likes hair sticks and all the different looks long hair gives-

aggie_deirde
April 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
My SO thinks that hair past waist is too long but I don't care about his opinion.It's my hair and BF come and go, but my hair is ME!

HintOfMint
April 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thought I would share something I overheard while in the salon chair this afternoon.

I went to an avant-garde type of salon, where most of the styles done are of the shorter and more experimental variety. The woman in the chair next to me was getting this amazing (not sarcastic) variation of a highly geometric bowl cut, and the detail was incredible. Her hair was bright red and unbelievably cool.

She was talking with her hairdresser about how her husband or boyfriend felt about her hair and they were both lamenting how their significant others both sometimes try to talk them into growing out their hair and dying it a natural color. Of course, they were perfectly jovial about it, saying that their reaction was of the "eff you!" variety.

What struck me the most was the fact that they both said that their loved ones met them when their hair was just as short and violently colored as it was today. One of them said "You met me when my hair was a pink pixie, why do you want my hair to be long and brown??" (Her husband's suggestion). I've had that same problem, a boyfriend meeting me when my hair was a bob and then trying to get me to grow it out. What am I, a fixer upper?

I guess it's a good example of how, no matter how you look, many of us have the same issue of a loved one trying to change our appearance.

catamonica
July 25th, 2011, 06:53 PM
My husband likes my long hair. But he does not like buns. He thinks that style is for old ladies.

akuamoonmaui
July 25th, 2011, 06:58 PM
My SO said yesterday (without prompting) that he thinks hair longer than waist/tailbone is an achievement and that he appreciates the effort it takes to grow it to that length. Of course that made me quite happy since my goal is waist/tailbone. Just another reason why I like him!

TheCaityCat
July 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
My boyfriend has been bugging me about growing my hair long and braiding it since we got together two and a half years ago. I joke that he should grow his (super coarse and curly, probably a 4a) hair out too.

mrs.bad85
July 25th, 2011, 07:15 PM
"Honey what do you think should I grow my hair out? Would you like it long?"

"I like your hair" :D

Sigh him and his non answers:cheese:

Coan-Teen
July 25th, 2011, 07:22 PM
My husband tends to like shorter hair on women. Not pixie boy cut short, but somewhere between chin and shoulder. He's supportive of me wanting to grow my hair but I know he prefers it shorter than it is. I don't really know if he thinks it looks good because I feel like asking him that is kind of rude after he's already expressed a preference. I'll probably ask for his opinion at each major milestone. I can definitely trust him to give me his honest opinion and that is one thing I am so grateful for it's ridiculous.

battles
July 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not with anyone now, but current interest definitely likes the short hair.

dulce
July 25th, 2011, 07:38 PM
My 65 year old hubbie likes long hair best.He's not a fan of short hair even though in my 40's,1 went pixie for almost 10 years before growing it back.So it's good we have the same feelings on thisbut ,if we didn't 1'd still have it long.1 feel comfortable in my own skin with it long.

SoulOfTheSea
July 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
My dbf thinks it's sexy >:D I used to have past waist-length hair as a sophomore in high school, before I met him. I showed him a pic and he said I looked like a sexy gypsy :bs: So now that I am growing it to hip again, he likes it, but says anything past hip is just weird (I think hip is just the perfect length lol me growing to hip has nothing to do with his opinion on the matter). So yay :cheese:

Tabihito
July 25th, 2011, 08:35 PM
DBF loves my hair, even when I hate it. He gets as excited about my attempts to do Victorian-style updos as I do, and we'll sit watching Pride and Prejudice or Wives and Daughters looking for hairstyles that look possible and attempt to figure out how they're done (and if I have enough hair for them- I usually don't).

SoulOfTheSea
July 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
DBF loves my hair, even when I hate it. He gets as excited about my attempts to do Victorian-style updos as I do, and we'll sit watching Pride and Prejudice or Wives and Daughters looking for hairstyles that look possible and attempt to figure out how they're done (and if I have enough hair for them- I usually don't).

Awww that is so sweet!!!! :crush:

neko_kawaii
July 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM
My SO doesn't seem to notice it one way or the other. Every once in a while he will come out of the bathroom and indicate his own hair and say something along the lines of, "Why didn't anyone tell me it sticks straight up?" My response is usually, "I figure you look in a mirror occasionally and you know it sticks straight up and don't care." To which he replies, "Why would I look in a mirror?"

My hair was about waist length when we met and he has seen me cut it back to pixie length and grow it out again twice, but I've never noticed he had a preference for any length or style. I did get him discussing the crafting of hair sticks the other day though, but the topic might just have sparked an interest because he likes talking about how to make things even though he rarely does anything like that himself.

eternalknot
July 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I like my hair to be around bra-strap length, and it's been that way most of my life (save for a few pregnancy induced late night crazed cuts above the shoulder).

My husband loves the back of my neck, and really likes me with hair above my shoulders. I rarely wear my hair up, so it's always down and covering my neck.

My ex-boyfriend loved my hair longer, though. It drove him crazy when he'd lay on it or I'd shut it in the car door, but he loved how it looked and always encouraged me to keep growing it longer.

TheCaityCat
July 26th, 2011, 01:06 AM
My boyfriend has remarked throughout our relationship that I should grow my hair out and wear it in a braid. He liked my short hair cuts but I think he's pretty happy that I'm growing it out. He's got another thing coming if he thinks I'm going to wear it in a braid all day though. I can't wait to put it up with forks and sticks!

CrystalStar
July 26th, 2011, 01:36 AM
My boyfriend I believe, prefers my long hair.. He doesn't prefer however:

Me putting 'vagina cream' on my head
Sleeping in the same bed as me when I have henna/SMT/*insert other gloopy hair treatment here* in
Overnight oilings
Shed hair being everywhere
Hair toys being everywhere
Hair products being everywhere

And all the rest that comes with being an LHC'er :p.

Alaia
July 26th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I don't think DH likes hair as long as I intend to grow it (knee). We talked about it once, and he indicated that BCL is where he would prefer my hair to be.

He also doesn't like buns. The only ever time I got a compliment from him when my hair wasn't down was with a lace dutch braid that hung down as a braid the entire length. :lol: He's a braid and loose hair man, I suppose.

Not going to stop me from wearing buns though, I like them.

mellie
July 26th, 2011, 05:03 AM
DH doesn't like my hair long, he prefers it short. And since that's more practical for work, I've gone that route.

He also HATED HATED HATED henna, and wasn't too wild about commercial dye either. So he likes that I've embraced my natural hair.

Juanita
July 26th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mine doesn't know any different as it's always been long or longish.

MissAlida
July 26th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Today my BF was teasing me...he happened to rest his arm on my hair, so that I couldn't move my head. I told him, laughin, "what will we do when I'll have waist lenght hair?" His response came as a shock :"You said you'd cut it short, didn't you?"...(well, I did say that, but that was before I found LHC). I suddenly became protective of my locks, and told him that he can't be serious, and that he wouldn't like me to be a shorthair, and he's just kidding. Then came another surprise: "We would've broken up if you would have cut your hair". I started feeling anxious. Then he started laughing again, and told me that I should wear my hair the way I want to, and that every hairstyle looks pretty on me.:D So, I think he likes my hair long. And so do I. Hurray for LHC.:cheese:

Bec de Corbin
July 26th, 2011, 05:21 AM
My hair was pixie length when my boyfriend and I met. He's always said that I'm beautiful, but he's also always said that I look even better the longer my hair gets - and looking at old pictures of myself, I have to agree! :)

jujube
July 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I don't think my BF even gives a bird's poop about my hair. Period.

hibiscus
July 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM
----------------------

Ligeia_13
July 26th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Other than him not wanting me to keep dyeing it crazy colours in the front, he doesn't really care. Although I bet if I had a nice waist length, he wouldn't want me to cut it.

He has no idea how obsessed I really am with my hair :D I think he'd think I was crazy.

Cainwen
July 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I know DH likes my hair longer than SL becuase any thing shorter looks 'boyish' to him. But he gave me a weird look when I asked him what he would think about me growing my hair super long :D So long as I keep it contained as it grows, I think he's happy though.

Sewas
July 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Been married for 34 years to the same man now, and he has always liked to see me in short, well-groomed, every hair in place hairstyles. He is okay with my waist length hair but I know he is patiently waiting for me to make a haircut appointment with the hairdresser. A lady I have patronized since I got married...(she is a gem). As long as I sweep up every stray hair on the floor or shower....he is happy.

annieangel149
July 26th, 2011, 04:03 PM
My DH really wanted me to grow my hair for years and he hated it when i kept getting it chopped. Now that im growing it and its gradually getting longer he is soooo happy! :D

catamonica
July 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
My husband likes my waist length hair. But he does not like buns. He wants to see it down. He
thinks buns are for old ladies.

Oldfashioned
July 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM
My DH likes my hair long and at first didn't want me to grow past waist but after seeing some of the pics on here he wants my hair classic! When I asked him whether or not to chop off my damage all at once or a little at a time... He told me not all at once! This guy doesn't usually have opinions on what I do... lol. It was nice to get a straight answer! :)

Kosmos
July 26th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I have gone through mohawks, shaved sides and long hair, short hair, mullet, and shag. I have dyed my hair, flat ironed it, relaxed it, curled it. I am currently trying to grow out virgin hair to hip.

I just asked my SO how they preferred my hair and they said, "I like you any way."

UGH how sweet is that? They meant it, too.

clairenewcastle
July 26th, 2011, 07:45 PM
My DH prefers long hair, worn loose. He hates that I've chopped my hair off in order to get rid of damage.

winona
July 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
My husband thinks anything shorter than shoulder length does not look good. My hair has always hovered a little past shoulder length until I found the hair boards. I am so grateful that waistlength is possible

mallorykay13
July 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
My BF doesn't really care. "Whatever makes you happy; you will always be beautiful." Hes so freakin cheesy.

ddiana1979
July 27th, 2011, 04:53 PM
He likes it long. He's never seen me with it WL though, so I wonder how he'll react when it gets to WL or longer. If it gets "unusually" long (which for him, I imagine would be defined as hip or below), I think it might bother him, but we'll see.

He does roll his eyes A LOT when I ask him to measure my hair every month, or to take pictures of the back of my head. He thinks my LHC habit is weird. He thought it was strange/obsessive to measure my hair in the first place, and when I said, "Other people do it!" and he found out I was part of a forum specifically for HAIR, where other people REALLY DO measure their hair, he looked at me like I'd lost my marbles. *sigh*

mallorykay13
July 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Well right now I have a buzzcut and DBF has 3 month old dreads so they're still developing and are a giant frizzy mess. We're quite a pair!

That just made my day. That is so awesome.

racrane
July 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
My boyfriend doesn't care at all. He isn't noticing my longer hair because it's so gradual.

archel
July 29th, 2011, 05:32 PM
My boyfriend is excited I'm growing it out, because I'm excited that I'm growing it out. He does think it's really pretty, but I think he's excited for me that I'm excited that I'm getting results. Does that make sense? He said he'll give me scalp rubs and brush my hair at night. He already reads to me in the bath tub. Have I mentioned my BF is AWESOME? <3 :D

celebriangel
July 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I've already answered this probably...but having just raised the idea of "growing my hair long" before, I asked him about superlong lengths i.e around fingertip, which is my current goal (I may want more).

His eyes went mega-wide and he told me how awesome that would be, that he hadn't known that was even possible! I wasn't expecting such a positive reaction.

He did prefer mine RED. It's still henna'd, but not as red as it was. This is partly because I haven't got my henna mix right - I'm looking forward to being a real redhead again! And even the greys, because those will be really bright :)

DBF is growing his hair also. We're at about the same "phase" right now - BSL - but he's much taller so I'll be waist before he is :D

AuburnAlight
July 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
My husband is really neutral about it. He always says he has no opinion about my hair's lenght when I ask him about it. But I'd realllly wish he'd start noticing my hair and say something nice about my hair as it gets longer. :D

SarahKayfa
July 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Mine is fairly typical, he likes my hair between shoulder length and beyond as long as it's in good condition. He likes light colors and twin braids. He likes a little volume and softness.

tinfoilsally
July 31st, 2011, 08:44 PM
My boyfriend loves the idea of me with long hair, apparently. He's very enthusiastic. He's going away to Japan (again :( ) for a year in October, so I'm seizing the oppourtunity and I'm going to hide my hair from him when we webcam until he comes home for the christmas break. I'll meet him at the airport and whip off my hat and be all like 'WOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH!' and he will dead faint from the sheer force of my awesomeness.

Or maybe he'll, like, blink or something? Idk.

swetiepeti
July 31st, 2011, 10:45 PM
Mine told me that as long as I don't become "overly obsessed" or start having to work overtime to pay for toys, oils and conditioners he does not care how long it gets. He also says that if I wanted a Pixie cut he'd be ok with that as long as it was what I wanted. On the other hand, he also stated that he knows that I tend to be very practical so he figures I'm not going to grow it long enough that if it was braided I'd be sitting on it as he know that would annoy me. He did notice that its been softer and less dry since I started hanging with you ladies and gentlemen and been CO washing and oiling. He even brushed it for me a couple nights ago after I had combed it out.

bookworm_10
July 31st, 2011, 10:55 PM
My last SO hated my long hair. Kept complaining it would attack him in my sleep...... and cheered when I cut it. Then again he hated most of my piercings too..... First thing when I dumped him was to get new piercings. :)

lilasianvixen77
July 31st, 2011, 11:12 PM
My hubby was kinda unsure when I first started growing my hair out but now he loves it! :-)

Oksana
August 1st, 2011, 06:14 AM
I know my SO much prefers long hair so i have lots of encouragement to grow. I do think he gets a little tired of me rambling on different hair care methods though!

Celtic Morla
August 1st, 2011, 06:28 AM
My DH loves long ahir an dnone of the women in his family have anything longer than shulder length his whole life. So when i told him I was no longer going to cut my hair and was going to grow it he was pretty happy.Soemtime he lay son it and doesnt realize it until I start tugging and going HEY! The he apologizes like crazy(which is why i make a big deal out of it LOL) I wonder if he's going to regret it as it gets closer to classic??

chahuahuas
August 1st, 2011, 06:57 AM
by bf has said that he loves how long and pretty my hair is, but he's also a bit annoyed with how much i talk about it, and thinks the amount of time I spend talking about hair online is weird... :? There's a fine line before a person becomes obsessed, and according to him, I "play jumprope with the line between vanity and obsession." :lol:

slz
August 1st, 2011, 07:11 AM
My ends badly need a trim but my SO forbid me to touch it before I hit floor - ummm OK I can live with such abuse of authority :D :D .

longcurlygirl<3
August 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
My S.O , Loves long hair and says to me all the time "You just don't know how BEAUTIFUL a woman looks with long hair " I just laugh. I am hoping to be just at tailbone and try not to grow it past that, but he says to never cut it, or he'll never talk to me again :p . But my only option if it does keep growing is to be at classic and who knows ;). My dad doesn't like it much because I take long showers ;p but he says it is pretty.

longcurlygirl<3
August 1st, 2011, 07:14 AM
My ends badly need a trim but my SO forbid me to touch it before I hit floor - ummm OK I can live with such abuse of authority :D :D .
bahaha me too!

CurlyMopTop
August 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
The Dh likes the fact that I'm trying to grow mine long. When I told him about my last trim, he was disappointed (made a sad face even) that I trimmed. Lol. I know he would support me no matter what length I choose to wear my hair, but I think he's becomming my hair ally when it comes to growing it! :)

longcurlygirl<3
August 1st, 2011, 07:16 AM
by bf has said that he loves how long and pretty my hair is, but he's also a bit annoyed with how much i talk about it, and thinks the amount of time I spend talking about hair online is weird... :? There's a fine line before a person becomes obsessed, and according to him, I "play jumprope with the line between vanity and obsession." :lol:
awww that's cute :). My parent's think about me of my obsession and how much I talk about my hair and spend researching on it. :cheese:

jackie_brown
August 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM
My boyfriend likes short and dark haired girls :laugh: , anyway he likes my hair when i don't use any leave in and it is poofy and frizzy :brickwall because he loves that volume :rolleyes:
He would like I'd do some indigo applications on my hair to cover the red (that he dislike :shake:)

Ardellis
August 1st, 2011, 08:41 AM
My hair has always floated between shoulder and BSL. I think my husband has a hard time imagining what waist or longer would be like on me, but he's very supportive of whatever I want to do with my hair.

In fact, yesterday we were out running errands and not only did he have no problem making extra out-of-our-way stops to pick up coconut oil and other little newly-discovered necessities, he was pointing out stuff on the shelves that I've mentioned in passing. ("Hey, honey, they have castile soap over here in six different scents. Did you want to try some of that?")

When I found LHC a few weeks ago and started putting my hair up in something other than an occasional ponytail or plain English braid, he started trying to take credit for the idea. ("I've been telling you for years you ought to put your hair up more often.") :D

TheLurkingToad
August 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
My girlfriend loves that my hair is long and I know she would like it longer. I am the same way about her.

snakewitch
August 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
My boyfriend likes my hair. He doesn't want me to cut or dye it. He didn't like the blue streaks I got two days ago. His hair is also long, and he takes care of it. He's like the ideal boyfriend for an LHCer.

Lilli
August 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
My husband is lovely. He spent an hour driving from drugstore to drugstore looking for Color Oops, in 95 degree weather, while sick. I adore him.

However, he may have been motivated by the desire to hear me stop moaning about how I hated the color the hair dye turned my hair.

Now, what I find fascinating is that when I started growing my hair, he thought anything longer than BSL was weird "cat lady" territory. Yesterday, I commented that I would be at BSL by midwinter, and would probably just maintain it at that length and trim out the damage. And he shocked me and said, "No, don't cut it! Just don't get a lot of cats!" I loooooove him.

Tuna
August 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
mine ex bf used to call me ''hairy monster''. He liked my hair and he has long hair too :/

Amber_Maiden
August 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
As long as I don't dye it brown ever again (my mother is always trying to get me to dye it brown. she hates my red hair. in highschool she made me dye it all the time), he's happy. He likes it long, and he says that as long as my hair doesn't get too much in the way during "playtime", and as long as I'm not able to sit on it, he'll let me grow it as long as I want (which, lucky for him, is between Waist/TBL length...

MasCat
August 2nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
My SO likes long hair, and stated a couple of times how he doesn't like short hair on women.

So, about a week after joining LHC i asked him during dinner what would he think if I grew my hair long. He just looked at me and said he'd be fine. I told him that my dream was knee and beyond, and he was "oh, ok." Not in a bad way I suppose.

Of course after that I said, that I knew it was my decision anyway, and if he forbid me I'd poke his eye out with a kitchen spoon ;))))

BlazingHeart
August 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
My fiance likes my hair. When we met, it was waist length, and a few months after that, I cut it to cheekbone length. He thought he would be disappointed, but in truth, he thought the new haircut was cute and he could play with it a lot more without tangles. He's liked it at every length I've had it, though he has always said that what I think about my hair matters a hell of a lot more than what he thinks about it. Neither of us think very well of significant others who try to order each other around on things like hair length that are pretty personal.

~Blaze

lizdini
August 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
The hubby was excited when I told him I wanted to grow my hair to tailbone length. I believe his exact words were "h*ll yea!". :eyebrows: lol. But he also liked when I cut my hair to ear length. Maybe he just likes hair?:cheese:

spigette
August 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM
My husband thinks my hair is pretty, but he doesn't really "get it" about my hair obsession, lol. I have had my hair quite a few lengths in the almost 17 years we have been together.

Long hair makes me feel sexy, and he definitely likes that! ;) I think he just wants me to be happy.... and to be able to pull my hair back at, shall we say "critical moments". :eyebrows:

Merewen
August 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
DH doesn't say much about it, but I believe his exact words when I told him I was thinking about growing it were "I like long hair." He's supportive, but quietly so. He's not quite sure what to think about all the LHC-y things I do to it though. :D

GlennaGirl
August 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
My DH thinks my hair right now (just shy of APL) is perfect (ETA: But he really doesn't like it short...I do know that much!).

I am going to start growing again now that I've found a way to make it look fuller (layers; who knew? I've been fighting that trend literally for years), I am going to see how long I can get it before it gets stringy-looking!

I'm not sure that DH would like my hair longer than this. Any time it's inched down longer than where it is now, he'd be all for trims. OTOH, "shaved" isn't my absolute favorite style but I don't complain about the fact that he has it. ;)

SugarFang
August 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
My husband has always told me that he likes my hair when I like my hair, and that it is my confidence that he is attracted to. On the contrary, he has also told me on several occasions that he does have a preference for long hair on me. When I told him I was going to try and grow it to about my waist, he got really excited and has been very supportive. He thinks I look ridiculous in my roller sets(I use them to avoid heat damage), but he's just going to have to get over that one!

GlennaGirl
August 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
My husband has always told me that he likes my hair when I like my hair

A very wise man, indeed. ^^^ :D

veggielocks
August 2nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
DH loves my long hair. It's thick, wavy and dark brown. He grew up in Hawaii and we often joke that with all the beautiful long haired beauties there he had to find a girl he liked online who was living in Texas. :)

SoulOfTheSea
August 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
At a trip to the store recently, I told my DBF how I wanted some coconut oil. He asked, "Why?" Then I said, "For my hair! :D" Then... he gave me the weirdest look, rolled his eyes, laughed, and said, "Right...." xD, Oh well, he knows I'm obsessed but he doesn't call it crazy obsessive or anything because he loves my long hair! :D

MrsGuther
August 2nd, 2011, 09:50 PM
My husband wants me to grow my hair as long as it will get! He is so happy my hair has gotten to waist length.

Kyla
August 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
DBF seems to like my hair quite a bit. :) He doesn't really understand why it needs to be longer, but he is very supportive of my growth, and very, VERY careful when helping me untangle it from anything-even if I didn't ask him to help in the first place. It's very kind.
Yesterday I had my hair up, and when I let it down at dinner (I was getting chilly, and it makes for a good shawl) he just stared at it for a bit....completely trailing off from what he was saying. Finally I said his name, he snapped out of it and looked up at me, then said "Sorry, you're hair just looks really really beautiful." :D It was so sweet! Then he proceeded to look at it a bit more, heehee.
Also, today, I was texting him and mentioned that I had put my hair in twin braids. He asked me to send a pic (not that unusual, I send him pics of different hair styles to show off), and said it looked nice. It was a simple compliment, but it made me very happy.
He also made me a hairslide for Valentines day. :)

And ONE last thing-he always lets me go on LHC on his fancy macbook pro. :)

spigette
August 3rd, 2011, 03:38 AM
Kyla - sounds like that man is really in love with you!! :) <3

MasCat
August 3rd, 2011, 05:14 AM
Oh, my SO washes my brushes. (he also washes the dishes when I don't look ;)))

UP Lisa
August 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
My husband always thought my hair should be long back when I had decided that I just didn't have the kind of hair that could be long. He used to make negative comments when I'd get it cut.

He likes it long, but isn't one to say much about it. He's happy if I'm happy.

robynlh87
August 3rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
My DBF loves my hair, he is always asking to brush it for me and love playing with it. Last night in the grocery store I was looking for Coconut milk, he ask why? I just gave him "the look" and he said "o right your hair!" Haha

Avienda
August 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
My DH would support me with any cut I wanted to get, but he does like longer hair better. I've been making him look at all the beautiful buns and braids on LHC, and he's really liking them. He may think I've lost my marbles along the way though! He made a comment to me the other day..."your really into this, aren't you?" lol, that's when I knew he was tired of me making him look at this hair, and wow, look at this braid! lol, I've calmed down a bit and am letting him be...

LaFlor
August 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hubby has stated that he doesn't want my hair to cover my butt. Other than that, he could care less. You can tell where his priorities are ;)

agoddess2die4
August 3rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Mine loves long (BSL to waist), thick, loose curly hair. I can deliver the first of those! hahaha. He's been in mourning for the past year over one of my friend's hair because she had such thick hair that you can barely wrap your hand around it, with volume and curls all over and on the rare occasion when straightened, reached almost to her waist. Then she cut it above her chin with heavy layering and has no intention of ever growing it below her shoulders again. Pity because it was gorgeous before and now it looks kind of like a wavy helmet. :/

Luckily he loves how soft my hair is now that I don't dye it anymore and thinks it's beautiful when I put some curl in it. It may not be his favorite hair, but I have other assets he enjoys more. :p

PinkyCat
August 3rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
He loves it! And is so encouraging too. He also takes very good care of his hair - and it is beautiful.

Crysta
August 3rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
He was shocked when I told him I first cut my hair when it'd got long enough to sit on and kept hurting my neck when I sat on it by accident. when I said i'd like to have that again - just almost long enough to sit on so I didn't have that problem, he did seem quite taken a back. He does like long hair though.

Kyla
August 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Kyla - sounds like that man is really in love with you!! :) <3

Lol, I should hope so! Or else he would be an incorrigible liar. ;)
We've been together for two years, so I think he has had plenty of time to learn to love my hair, if he didn't like it initially.

MissAlyssa
August 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
My boyfriend has said he likes short hair, but since I've been on LHC and telling him about how much I want to grow out my hair, I've heard him brag to his friend's girlfriend about how I'm going to grow my hair really long and reminding her that I had pretty long hair(MBL) a few months ago before I cut it heheh ;)

Ithonna
August 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
My ex-fiance cried when I cut from TBL to chin length. We broke up shortly after. :shrug:

My ex-bf loved/still loves my hair. He understood that I had to wear it up for class (Welding and Machine Shop). When I would take it down out of my cinnabun I would have the Shirley Temple single ringlet pony going on. We would sit in the student common and he would pet my pony tail. He still pets my hair when he sees me, especially if I have it bun curls/braid/natural waves.

americanjan1
August 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I find that whenever I even mention trimming my hair I get a dirty look.

LadyArwen
May 20th, 2018, 03:16 PM
it has a powerful effect on him when my hair moves. He goes crazy watch it move...whatever that means?!!

lithostoic
May 20th, 2018, 03:28 PM
My boyfriend doesn't have an opinion on my hair other than he prefers it combed (as opposed to dreadlocked) and he likes when I wear it wavy :)

TreesOfEternity
May 20th, 2018, 03:37 PM
My BF doesn't really care. "Whatever makes you happy; you will always be beautiful." Hes so freakin cheesy.

This is how it should always be :heartbeat Some boyfriends sound quite toxic and controlling, I wouldn't like someone giving me orders or blackmailing me when it comes to my hair, let alone ******izing it yikes.

Groovy Granny
May 20th, 2018, 03:49 PM
My DH of 45 years is more supportive now than when I began growing out from chin in 2013.
I had long hair in the 60's & 70's and again in the 90's, and he made a comment he didn't want it 'that long' :(
That was a hurdle to get over as well as my age and going silver, but LHC got me through :flowers:
As it grew longer I think he saw I could pull it off, and I started getting the occasional compliment. :thumbsup:
He is not big into 'hair' so lack of comments are not hurtful and the rare comment means alot...especially the most recent one last month when he said he loves it at my goal length :joy:

Jas
May 20th, 2018, 04:46 PM
I've always had my hair long (BSL to waist) but when I started growing it out I asked my husband how long he thinks I should grow it and was surprised to hear him say as long as possible! lol. I probably won't do that but it's nice to know he likes it :D It's the longest it's ever been at this point, he occasionally makes really lovely comments about it and does listen to me ramble on about hair and lhc.

Glitch
May 20th, 2018, 07:24 PM
I've had guys tell me all kinds of opinions over the years. One told me he hated it when I put my hair up and that I looked far better with it down (which really hurt lol), and an ex told me he loved when I'd put my hair in a ponytail, that he found it very cute and it was his favorite look on me. I've also had a guy tell me he preferred me with short hair. Another who wanted me to dye it back to red, and another who hated red hair on me and made it clear - he loved the natural black. Last one insisted on me growing my hair out very long (which I ended up chopping off :laugh:). The list goes on!

In the end, I guess I just don't care. I used to, and would let every opinion get to me, but now it just doesn't matter. It's my hair and I do what I want. I wouldn't mind a lover or any guy in general sharing his preferences, but making me feel bad over his opinion or telling me what to do just isn't going to work out. The guy I'm seeing right now asks me sometimes if I'm going to dye my hair again once it's healthy (an obvious preference for my previous red hair), which is fine, as long as he remembers it's my choice :p

Milady_DeWinter
May 21st, 2018, 03:01 AM
I also have had a lot of opinions about my hair over the years with different couples: dye it black, dye it blonde, cut it short... My bf now likes long hair on me, being 2 dutch plaits his fav style. But he just say that I'm pretty anyway, so he really doesn't matter (which I appreciate lots).

About longer lenghts, he says that more than TBL would be too much as he don't like much it when it's longer, but that suits me well as I'm planning to grow up to TBL unestretched/classic stretched. I might change my opinion, but I think that TBL/classic stretched lenght would be what would suit me better. We'll see :p

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2018, 03:20 AM
DH doesn't have an opinion on my hair. He says that how I have my hair or my body or my clothes is my business and he's not going to comment on whether it's pretty or ugly or not. He did allow himself to make the observation that my hair is longer than most people's :p

He also remarked that he is not in favour of my hair when it clogs the shower drain, but it's not on my head then, is it? So - he has no opinion on my hair. He doesn't care whether I'm bald or have hair floor length. He's not a hair person. At least he doesn't tell me to cut it....

Eastbound&Down
May 21st, 2018, 11:58 AM
My hubs doesn't care one way or the other, except that he doesn't like it in a pixie. Other than that, I pretty sure he doesn't even notice it.

chomsky
May 21st, 2018, 12:00 PM
My boyfriend loves long hair, but he knows that his opinions won't have any impact on how I have my hair. :lol:

He's pretty happy that I'm growing it out though, and he loves it when it's straightened.

LadyArwen
May 21st, 2018, 01:24 PM
Mine is happy with whatever length I want it, though he goes crazy over long. He doesn't want to dictate what I do. We talked about learning to brush it and braid it yesterday. I think he will do great :)

C_Bookworm
May 21st, 2018, 01:32 PM
Hubby likes it short and long and every length inbetween. Which is charming (because I really have it every length while we’ve been married). :heartbeat He does have a preference on hair color, dark brown or black is his favorite.

He’s a lot more tactile with long hair. When I’m sitting next to him or when we’re driving, he likes to run his hands through it, twist it, or braid it. There’s something really soothing about getting my hair played with. The braiding is interesting...some days he does it perfectly and other days he tries to braid from the bottom of my hair. It’s hilarious to watch.

njrb
June 4th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Guy here. My wife tolerates it for the most part. When it was waist length+ she wasn't a fan of my efforts to learn and wear different braids or intricate buns, but was never derogatory or mean about it, just made her preference known. She was happy when I decided to cut it shorter more recently, and has tried to make subtle arguments for me to keep it shorter rather than grow it back out when I have mentioned that I plan on that.

daisy rei
June 4th, 2018, 08:41 PM
My boyfriend told me I'm not allowed to grow my hair past my butt or I'll look "weird". We'll see about that....

daisy rei
June 4th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Guy here. My wife tolerates it for the most part. When it was waist length+ she wasn't a fan of my efforts to learn and wear different braids or intricate buns, but was never derogatory or mean about it, just made her preference known. She was happy when I decided to cut it shorter more recently, and has tried to make subtle arguments for me to keep it shorter rather than grow it back out when I have mentioned that I plan on that.

I honestly could not stand being treated like that. It would be like a partner constantly making jabs about your weight and encouraging you to lose weight. Everyone is allowed to have personal preferences for their partner, but they should also respect their autonomy.

Mitzy
June 5th, 2018, 12:49 AM
My husband keeps encouraging me to grow mine and keep the length I have. I know he loves long hair on me. He also had waist length hair when we met, but cut it when he was job hunting and now says it's too hard to grow it back out, lol. He always says I look nice and stylish when I have it shorter, too, but I know he would like to see mine long. This is the longest it has been since we've been together, I think, but he's seen photos of me with much longer hair. He also likes my hair "off my face" he says. I think he means with no bangs.

nycelle
June 5th, 2018, 05:44 AM
I've mentioned in other threads that my hubs is not a fan of very long hair- he thinks it looks old fashioned.

Well over the weekend, we saw someone with hair past her butt/middle of thigh. He made it a point to say he thought it looked dated. So we had a talk about how long I plan on growing. I'm glad I don't want it past my waist, and he's fine with that length (or so he says.. haha) But if I get to waist and decide to keep going, another chat will be in order.

pili
June 5th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Hubby loves my hair long. He really hated the pixie, or anything above shoulder length, but never said anything negative until after I had grown it back out. He loves it big and curly too. The only thing he does not like is if the crown gets flattened down, but I now know how to deal with that. :)

Kibrah
June 5th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Dh never wants me to do my microtrims, haha. He likes my long hair and thinks the ends I think look ratty look great. His thoughts are that long hair is very feminine. He prefers when I wear it down, but it gets in my way to much.

LMarie
July 10th, 2018, 03:22 PM
My significant other prefers long hair, loves when I wear my "wild woman" look lol aka down with volume and curl. He looked at me in shock and just shook his head when I came home with a shaved pixie a few years back, lol I though he was going to cry. Since then, he's gotten over it and is loving my whole new "let me see where this takes me" attitude in growing out my hair. He's even learned to use the whole reverse psychology method when I point out a really cute pixie or short hair cut. "If that is what you want, its fine with me". Either way he really is supportive with whatever route I take but clearly makes it known what his preference is.

emilyogini
July 10th, 2018, 03:57 PM
He's about it. When we first met, I had long dark hair anyway. I'm growing back natural from SL now:)

I think it helps that he's really into mythology/old world/hellenic periods and will sit and watch GoT, Vikings, etc with me, and that he enjoys that whole aesthetic, so I lucked out! He likes long hair. Even his hair is longer, curly, dark and very very thick.

Arciela
July 10th, 2018, 04:58 PM
My BF doesn't care what I do with it, though he prefers it natural, he doesn't care if its long or short :D Everything with him he prefers natural...well, I guess its easier that way. :D Either way I do what I want with it.