PDA

View Full Version : for sale: Ficcare, Heike Köhler hairstick, wooden fork [GONE]

dancingbarefoot
June 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I have the following items for sale:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/466/img2853fo6.jpg

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8797/spotzj9.jpg

light green Heike Köhler wooden spiral hairstick ($8.) - PENDING (with waiting list)
I don't see ones like this on her site now, but it was from a group order we did years ago.
6.5" functional length, 7.5" total
The ones she has up there now sell for €7 (approx. USD10), and I've only used this one once or twice.
large Jean (blue) Ficcare Maximas ($25) - PENDING (with waiting list)
I've only worn this a handful of times - just can't get it to hold my hair up in a style that I actually like. Never did master Lady Godiva's awesome Ficcare updo!
Near the tip on the outside, there's a tiny spot (where the red line is pointing in the photo above). It's not peeling or rusting, just not quite as smooth as the rest of the border. I think it's where the solder wasn't quite smooth in the finished process, perhaps. It doesn't catch on your hair, and I think it's very minor, but in the interests of full disclosure I'm mentioning it.
On the inside, there's some discoloration (not rust) of the metal plating. It's only on the inside and wouldn't be visible when worn.

I couldn't get a better photo (my camera broke after I dropped it such that I need both hands to depress the shutter - makes it a bit difficult to take a photo of the inside of a clip :wink:). I've done my best and circled the spot - as you can see, it's not that large.
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9573/img2863wz8.jpg
bird's eye maple hair fork ($20) - PENDING (with waiting list)[
I can't even remember where I got this, but it's just too small for my preferred styles. The tines are just shy of 2.5" long and the whole thing is 3" long. It doesn't show well in the photos, but it has ever so slight a curve, meant to follow the shape of your head.
shown next to a dime for size reference
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5541/img2855kb9.jpg Domestic (US) postage included in prices. Also, I'm not interested in swaps because I have too many hair accessories as it is, so please don't PM me asking to swap instead. ETA: International postage would be the actual cost, minus the cost for domestic postage (i.e., you'd pay the difference).

Buyers must have 100+ posts and be willing to pay by PayPal. I'm moving in a couple of days, so there wouldn't be time for a check to arrive before I would need to mail them. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Delila
June 14th, 2008, 01:57 PM
PM'd you about the Ficcare.

DotDotDot
June 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
*cries* I missed the Ficcare. I love mine, but it's pink and it won't match everything I have.

chloeishere
June 14th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Heike Kohler for me please! Please? Please! I'll pm you, as well. :D

LisaJaney
June 14th, 2008, 05:18 PM
DBF, I would really love that hairfork. I'm a sucker for birdseyemaple, and that would probably do my measly Frenchtwist just fine. :agree: I'll PM ya.

hurricane_gia
June 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Darnit! You work a thirteen-hour shift at the elections booth and this is what you miss!

dancingbarefoot
June 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks, everyone. I've been out running errands this evening, but I'll be responding to all the PMs I got.

chloeishere
June 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Got the hairstick! I LOVE it! Positive Trader Rating added to list. Thank you!

dancingbarefoot
June 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Wow, it got there already? :bigeyes:

Glad you like it! I hope it gets a lot more use than it got with me. It's too pretty to sit unused. Thanks!

ETA: LisaJaney, I didn't get yours mailed yet. I was packing up my apartment (and I'm sitting in an airport now), and I didn't get your address before I had to leave. I've got the fork in my bag, though, so I'll mail it when I get to Alaska. Good thing I didn't let you pay me yet, huh? :silly:

Delila
June 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I got my clip today too! Zoom! Speedy postal service, for sure. :)

Thanks so much!

chloeishere
June 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Yes, it arrived super fast! As expected, it's really long in my hair, but I put my hair up, and it's holding really comfortably. I still may, at some point, frankenstein it, because it's pretty shockingly long. It's really pretty and easy to use, though!
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_4152c.jpg
That small orange smudge in the middle of the stick is my bun, for what it's worth. :D

dancingbarefoot
June 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I got my clip today too! Zoom! Speedy postal service, for sure. :)

Thanks so much!

Glad you got yours, too! :cheese: Please let me know if there are any problems with it.

That small orange smudge in the middle of the stick is my bun, for what it's worth. :D

What are you talking about? It looks great! :flower: Far better than it ever would with my hair color - your red really complements that light green. :D

redbark
June 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Where? Where? I cannot see the smudge because a humongous bun is hiding it...