PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Year Anniversary!

KittyLost
April 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I started actively growing my hair last year after getting an A-line bob and not having long hair in 3years. I decided I missed the low maintence of having long hair and I wanted to embrace my curls again instead of straightening my hair to keep it nice and neat.

Once it was long enough to tie back I gave up layers, damaging box dyes and heat styling. I started taking a hair, skin and nails vitamin, a cwc routine and using coconut oil as a deep conditioning treatment. My hair reached shoulders quickly but then stalled for a very very long time, seriously going from shoulder to APL is my worst nightmare.

My hair was in the best condition of it's life but I was getting bored since it wasn't growing so I decided to re-experiment with my much-loved Directions veggie dyes. Then work started kicking off about my blue hair being too bright so I faded, Colour B4'd, bleached and dyed my hair back to natural and it fried despite doing everything possible to minimise damage. So now I've had to get a heavily layered cut which I hate to get rid of damage but still keep some length. So here I am, still slowly growing hoping to hit APL by 2012.

jesis
April 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Congrats :) I hope this year goes by fast for you. I think your new cut looks super cute.

ilovejimmy
April 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
wow! and yay! it has grown i like your current color too! but the wild colors look pretty darn cool. im with ya girl. i trim but am growing out damage and do want long hair:) happy growing

BrightEyes
April 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Oh, I know what it's like to start over (this is my third time in the past two years:rolleyes:). It is frustrating, but hang in there! I hope you get good healthy growth this coming year!:)

Fufu
April 7th, 2011, 09:34 AM
You are adventurous :) Love all the hair colours you have ^_^

nazzooyzo
April 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
ooh i love those colours!!

jeanniet
April 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Getting to APL from chin, especially if you're growing out layers, takes forever! It looks like you're well on your way, and your current style is really cute. Congratulations!

boudica
April 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
That rainbow is adorable!

How did you do it?

Kisa
April 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Your hair looks great now! Good luck growing it!

jojo
April 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I think your hair looks to have grown a fair bit and looks healthy. Your goal of apl by 2012 is also very realistic.

Vorvolaka
April 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Oh em gee, I love the rainbow dye!

Your hair looks fab!

jenhow
April 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I love all the hair colours you've used. It's almost one year since I last went to a hairdresser and it was the best decision I've ever made. Best of luck to you.

freckles
April 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
congrats on one year. The colours are fantastic, shame they had to go :(

KittyLost
April 8th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Thank you Jesis, I think it will take some getting used too.

Thanks ilovejimmy luckily it matches my natural colour quite well, so I'm glad not to have to bother with roots!

Thanks BrightEyes hopefully this year will go quickly for us both since having to start over.

Thank you Fufu I will miss them!

Thanks nazzooyzo I love conditioning veggie dyes for these colours!

Thanks Jeanniet thank you! Once it reaches APL I'll feel like my hair is long.

boudica I just lot of little colours I like then seperated them and dyed them and wrapped in tinfoil for a few hours before rinsing each one out seperately, with yellow being last.

Thank you Kisa

Thank you Jojo I just hope 2012 comes quickly! Also I love your hair :)

Thanks Vorvolaka I think everyone's favourite was my rainbow!

Thank you Jenhow unfortunately I can see many hairdresser appointments in the future for these layers but hopefully I'll be able to stop after a certain point like yourself.

Thank you Freckles I was excited to do my first year post! And I do miss my colours sometimes.

Qadupae
April 8th, 2011, 03:55 AM
You'll make it to APL by 2012 easy ^_^ BTW Loooooove the blue hair and curls, as many others have already piped. Its just soo cute .^_^.

Dragon
April 8th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Happy Anniversary :) I love the rainbow and the blue hair.

Knotted
April 8th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I love your blue hair!

anniebelle
April 8th, 2011, 11:13 AM
:applauseCongratulations!

ericthegreat
April 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I love all those wonderful colors on you! I especially like the one where you had a rainbow all over the front section of your hair, you have a great artistic side to you. Congratulations on making it to your first anniversary here!

KittyLost
April 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thank you Qadupae the blue was definately my favourite out of all the colours I've had!

Thanks Dragon I've learnt a lot in my first year here.

Thanks Knotted it was a change from everyone's red rhianna hair.

Thank you anniebelle it'll be your turn next year!

Thank you ericthegreat the artistic compliment means a lot to me! I look forward to many more aniversaries.