PDA

View Full Version : 3 months progress...

polette
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I am jumping the gun a little bit, but I know in a couple weeks I am going to be really busy, and I just couldn't wait :D

So, on the 25th, it will be my 3 month anniversary of my first self trim due to LHC. Since joining, these are some major changes in my routine, and also things I just never thought of or knew about:

1. CWC - Never thought to put conditioner on my ends before I shampooed. My hair feels pretty thankful for that!

2. Rinsing with a vinegar dilution. I love what this does for my hair, and after trying ACV and white vinegar, I settled on a mixture of the two, and I use it almost every
time I wash.

3. Using aloe gel and oil on my hair. I do not need a leave in, because I mixed my own with the two and pretty much couldn't live with out it.

I also found a couple techniques that I haven't quite gotten to work for me yet, but love trying. I love the Reviews section (which I just found last week ;)) and bought myself some reconstructor with it, and am very happy with.

So thank you all for all the tips and suggestions, and all the stories of your own journeys.

polette
April 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Oh, and with out further ado, my progress:

This was right after my first self trim:
January 24th:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7179&pictureid=94754

This was this morning:
April 7th:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/polette_photo/photo9.jpg

Also a profile (where you can see my preggo belly :)) I would like to add that my hair isn't quite this strawberry looking in normal conditions...

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/polette_photo/photo11-1.jpg

CarpeDM
April 7th, 2011, 08:29 AM
WOW what great results! Your hair looks so much softer, shinier and healthier, great work!

polette
April 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Thank you!! This is the first time in my life I really enjoy and am proud of my natural hair. When I dyed it red, I loved the way it looked, and it suited me, but I am glad to have my natural color and don't plan on changing it! It is really hard to resist though, I keep having to talk myself out of henna :eyebrows:

BrightEyes
April 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Wow!!! What a difference three months can make. Your hair is so pretty! I love the waves and the color is gorgeous.

I've been trying so hard to be good to my hair (no heat, no bleach, etc). I hate to admit how hard it is to walk away from the flat iron:rolleyes:. Seeing pictures like yours is so motivating. Thanks for sharing!!!

polette
April 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I have been so impressed with the support on this site, and the results I have gotten already. I can't stop touching my hair!
I will say I never really use heat, just because I can't be bothered, and I loose all volume when I straighten, so mainly, my results are from how I wash, and the aloe/oil mix.

Oh, and I only use a comb, which I NEVER used, didn't even own, before LHC.

Fufu
April 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
oh whoa, your hair looks so much difference. SO MUCH more beautiful :)

schweedie
April 7th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Wow, such a difference from January to now! Your hair looks so soft and smooth and shiny. :D Gorgeous.

bella77
April 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
your hair looks soft and shiny!!! GReat growing. Congrats on the baby too, such a cute belly!!!

polette
April 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful comments. When I joined I never thought I would have hair that would look at all close to the health I have seen on here, but I am loving the new behavior my hair has!

I also measured it today, it is now at 24 inches, which is two inches of growth since my self trim :D

Thank you, my belly is going past the cute stage though, the babe is taking over!!

Kisa
April 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
You got some really pretty hair! The color, the shine, the softness... Good work!

cottage46
April 7th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Beautiful soft, silky hair! It's a lovely color too.

CarpeDM
April 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Thank you!! This is the first time in my life I really enjoy and am proud of my natural hair. When I dyed it red, I loved the way it looked, and it suited me, but I am glad to have my natural color and don't plan on changing it! It is really hard to resist though, I keep having to talk myself out of henna :eyebrows:

Your natural color is so pretty!!

Rocket22
April 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Looking great! and wow that is some great growth too!

McFearless
April 7th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Your hair looks beautiful. I love the texture and uniform waves.

Maelyssa
April 7th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Oh, and with out further ado, my progress:

This was right after my first self trim:
January 24th:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7179&pictureid=94754

This was this morning:
April 7th:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/polette_photo/photo9.jpg

Also a profile (where you can see my preggo belly :)) I would like to add that my hair isn't quite this strawberry looking in normal conditions...

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/polette_photo/photo11-1.jpg

What a stunning difference in your hair! You should be very proud of yourself. Your hair looks so soft & silky. The curls are just perfect & the shine is wonderful. Wow!

PiroskaCicu
April 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Wow, congrats! That's only 3 months and what lovely progress already. Your hair is looking very healthy and beautiful :) Love the waves.

Qadupae
April 8th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I know I'm just echoing, but holy crap! Your hair looks awesome ^_^ Looks like all the changes have done wonders for your hair style and growth. Can't wait to see pics once you hit 6 months ^_^

Dragon
April 8th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Great progress. Your hair looks shinier and softer. I like your natural colour.

Marjolein
April 8th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Wow! You should be the poster girl for LHC :D What a difference in only a few months!!

Congrats on and lots of luck with your pregnancy!!

polette
April 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Thank you all for your sweet comments! It makes it worth it. I haven't had any real comments about the change, but I sure can feel the difference! I really can't stop touching it. I still wish I hadn't had to trim off the four inches at the beginning, but it really looks way better.

I really owe my success to everyone else who has posted their pictures and routines, I have taken a little from here and there, and am so grateful to all of you. I used to try all the gimicky shampoo and still HATED the condition and texture of my hair, and gave up, figuring I was doomed genetically with horrible texture... I still have days that I feel that way, but I enjoy my hair, and my routines.

Thank you again :D

polette
April 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Congrats on and lots of luck with your pregnancy

Thank you very much. I really REALLY hope that my hair doesn't go to crap after the baby is born, I had a little shedding with my first but nothing horrible, so I hope that stays true this time. Only 6 more weeks to go, then I will have my answer!