PDA

View Full Version : My 5 year LHC anniversary...

chicken
April 7th, 2011, 07:39 AM
So, two weeks ago there was my 5 year anniversary here at LHC... it's now 5 years I try to take care of my hair and let it grow. And I learned a lot... Even if I have not that much time to spend here since our baby was born 19 month ago...
This is where I started:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/landhuhn/R0015027.jpg
It was in March 2006, about 18 inches, 11 inches with two perms... In the meantime I cut a lot of damage and I had a stall during my pregnancy. But I gained a "little bit of length" :) So, this is my hair today... The color is virgin, it gained some waves... It is somewhere between waist and hip when stretched out:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb76/landhuhn/0311.jpg
I think, I'll let it grow until TBL... let's talk again after the next 5 years...

CastaDiva
April 7th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary and progress:cheese: Your hair is really beautiful!

proo
April 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Chicken, your hair is exactly what I'm shooting for - thank you for the gorgeous inspiration!

Monsterkitti
April 7th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Beautiful! Congrats on 5 years, I really hope I have hair as gorgeous as yours one day :)

chicken
April 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Thank you - and be glad you can't see my splitted ends :D

hina87
April 7th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Congrats! Good job.. Your kind of length is what I'm shooting for too..

CrisDee
April 7th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'm shooting for that length as well! WOW, what a difference LHC makes, you have LOVELY hair! :crush:

PiroskaCicu
April 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Wow! Congratulations on your 5 year LHC anniversary. Your hair has grown so much!!
Beautiful :)

pepperminttea
April 7th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Happy LHCiversary; I love your waves! :crush:

EricaLee83
April 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM
What an accomplishment! Beautiful hair chicken. Happy Anniversary!

Sweetie
April 7th, 2011, 09:14 AM
WOW! this is so motivating!! Your lenght at the moment is the one I aim to!!!!Beautiful :)

Fufu
April 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Happy 5 years anniversary :) Your hair is gorgeous.

ericthegreat
April 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Congratulations on being here for 5 years! I always love seeing long-term progress, and your hair has grown out wonderfully over these years. I love how thick and healthy it looks now!

bella77
April 7th, 2011, 10:12 AM
looks great, and you don't look like u ever had a baby!!!!

Kisa
April 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Lovely hair! I'm jealous of the color (and the length of course). I hope my hair will be just as beautiful as yours in five years.

boudica
April 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Totally inspiring! It's gorgeous!

Artsy
April 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Looks so healthy and thick, and those pants are so cute:))

jojo
April 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
loving your hair its beautiful and look forward to what the next 5 years bring ya!

chicken
April 11th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Thank you all... Artsy, those are men's underwear trousers from Japan or China... DH ordered them over ebay. But a Japanese or Chinese XXL seems to be something other than a German or American XXL ;-)

Medievalmaniac
April 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Happy LHC anniversary - You have had great progress! It looks absolutely beautiful. I love the waves!!! :)

elbow chic
April 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Wow, that's amazing hair! I love how when people embrace their natural color and texture it so often looks much more spectacular than when they were trying to process it into something else.

and the underoos are fantastic! I know what you mean about Asian sizing not even slightly resembling American ideas, lol

WaitingSoLong
April 11th, 2011, 09:29 AM
looks great, and you don't look like u ever had a baby!!!!

It always tickles me when people say this. What is a woman SUPPOSED to look like after a baby? People say this to me all the time "you don't look like you have 3 kids" and my youngest is 12, I mean, am I supposed to look a certain way? LOL.

And to Chicken...I truly mean this: :thudpile:

The diffference in 5 years is OUTSTANDING!

LocustSpawning
April 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Absolutely gorgeous hair!

AMW
April 11th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Congratulation ... joining LHC paid off!!

Jenn of Pence
April 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks great; I love inspiring threads like these. :)

gattina
April 11th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Beautiful! Inspirational is right! Congratulations and your dark hair is beautiful!

Hotrox
April 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Congratulations, of you anniversary and beautiful hair :D

julliams
April 12th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hi Chicken, Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I think we have very similar hair (except the colour). I'm deciding if I should go all one length so it helps to see a similar hair type at waist length. Thanks - it looks beautiful. Funny, I have similar waves and I permed my hair once too.

julliams
April 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM
It always tickles me when people say this. What is a woman SUPPOSED to look like after a baby? People say this to me all the time "you don't look like you have 3 kids" and my youngest is 12, I mean, am I supposed to look a certain way? LOL.

It means that you have a figure that looks like a woman who has never had a quick big weight gain. With my first baby I put on about 12 kilos and this came off really easily. I looked very similar afterwards. Then I put on 20 kilos with my son and unfortunately my figure never went back to normal - stretch marks everywhere and a tummy which I never had before. It doesn't seem to matter how much weight I lose, my figure just doesn't look the same. Many of my friends report the same thing - their bodies have changed with two or more pregnancies.

It can also mean that you look youthful. People are often surprised when they realise I have two children 12 and 9. Many women are waiting until they are over 30 to have their first children so when they see me and I'm 37 with a 12 year old, it seems to surprise them. I don't really know why this is. I had her when I was 25 and I thought that was a pretty average kind of age - neither young or old to have a child - in my opinion.

It is certainly meant as a compliment anyway.

chicken
April 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Hi Chicken, Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I think we have very similar hair (except the colour). I'm deciding if I should go all one length so it helps to see a similar hair type at waist length. Thanks - it looks beautiful. Funny, I have similar waves and I permed my hair once too.

Oh, in reality I don't have one lenght - my best friend told me some days ago, my bangs are longer than the hair at my back. But I knew they were shorter... so, I suppose the bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair.
btw, your waves are wonderful - like spirals...

By the way, I know what you mean with the baby thing... the hips can be wider and not go back - and the belly is not that flat any more... But I was lucky. I gained just 13 kg and hat a belly that measured 36 inches. And our baby is in action every minute - so I can't eat that much I need. Instead of that, I'm loosing even more weight. But that's not funny, either...

Mesmerise
April 12th, 2011, 03:47 AM
It can also mean that you look youthful. People are often surprised when they realise I have two children 12 and 9. Many women are waiting until they are over 30 to have their first children so when they see me and I'm 37 with a 12 year old, it seems to surprise them. I don't really know why this is. I had her when I was 25 and I thought that was a pretty average kind of age - neither young or old to have a child - in my opinion.

It is certainly meant as a compliment anyway.

I get the same thing, people say "You look too young to have a 12 year old!" and like you I'm 37 and had him at 25 which is hardly young, especially as I know women my age with kids 18+ ;) (I don't, however, have one of those figures that looks as if it has never given birth!!).

Chicken - your hair is looking great after 5 years on LHC! I can't wait to post my own 5 year shots ;) By then it should all be long and healthy!!

julliams
April 12th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Hey Mesmerise!!! We are both from Australia, both 37 and both have 12 year olds - COOL!!

Qadupae
April 12th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Holy awesome growth Batman o_O :cheese: