PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with scents and great smelling hair

lauravmarcela
April 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I admit I am in love with scents, perfumes but I ADORE hair that smells great. I've always found straight hair keeps more of the smell longer than curly hair (probably because of all the junk you have put on it to keep it happy) so naturally I'm sometimes jealous

So far the top best smelling hair products were (in no order)

1. philosophy amazing grace (makes me think of pink bubbles)
2. very sexy victorias secret (perfume in a bottle, love it)
3. fekkai shea butter (warm vanilla-y sort of smell)

if you would like to further poison me by aiding in my obsession by giving me hair products that smell awesome I highly urge you to :cheese:

fruity isn't my favorite,

Thanks xoxox

Mountaingrrl
April 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose has a lovely floral scent that lasts quite well, and has plenty of moisture for us curly hair types.

allmixedup88
April 6th, 2011, 10:52 PM
vo5 strawberry creme... smells just like candy

rhosyn_du
April 6th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Another vote for Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose. I also really like VO5's Free Me Freesia: a nice, crisp floral.

NaiadOreiad
April 7th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I put a little Bpal (black phoenix alchemy lab) perfume oil in my hair every day. I just put a little and it sticks all day. Everytime I swish or walk somewhere it leaves a glorious trail of nommable smellygoodness.

salls
April 7th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I love bpaling (bpal is now a verb I has decided) my hair. I put a little oil on my wrist and gently touch it along my hair, it works really well and sticks like anything.

virgo75
April 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Hmmm, must try this bpal thing. :hmm:

I alternate between likeing true to nature scents and obviously perfumey concoctions.

For natural:
I like Avalon Organics Lavender Conditioner which smells like I rolled around in a bunch of lavender. lol
Nature's Gater Herbal Daily Conditioner has a really spicy, "herbal" scent that I crave sometimes.
Jason Jojoba Conditioner smells like roses to me.
Organix Coconut Conditioner is a yummy coconut scent(but the conditioner itself isn't that great).
Aveda's Humectant Pomade smells AMAZING!(but it doesn't do cr@p for my hair :( )
Aveda's Beautifying Composition oil smells wonderful too, though it mainly just jojoba oil scented with lavender and I can get that fix with the Avalon at a cheaper price. :p
Tigi Moisture Maniac smells like a can of PINEAPPLES! And it's so pineappley pineapple, that you'll be smelling pineapple until you don't want to smell anymore pineapple on your pineapple. Pineapple. (strong, lasts forever. pineapple) lol

Perfumey:
I used to LOVE the original scent of Pantene but it's different now and I don't like it as much. :( The new scent is okay I guess, and it's very strong and lasts forever in my hair.....
Tresemme just smells like melons and cheap perfume but I like that sometimes.
All of Herbal Essences & Aussie smell good, but veeeeerrrry sweet!(can't deal with that level of sweetness all the time).
White Rain Tropical Coconut is close to B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena without the strong verbena that gives me a headache.
Redken All Soft line is a sort of perfumey/honey/light coconut scent that can be addictive.

It's funny that 2 hair product lines that get rave reviews on the scent(Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose & Victoria's Secret) just smell too strong and unpleasant to me. I really wanted to like both but can't stand either of them. :shrug:

Reading the above, I have too many products. lol :oops:

Shield31
April 7th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I can agree with everyone about nice smells and the lifting feeling I get from some aromas in my hair. DW approves of most that I have picked out too. We have various essential oils that we use around the house to increase the "aroma therapy" atmosphere we like. Lately, I've been adding a few drops to my conditioner and find that, after the rinse, there isn't a build-up left behind. But the arome is still mildly present. I also seem to find more shine too. My favorites smells are patchouli and sandlewood. Also, coconut and cedar are nice. :):):)

lauravmarcela
April 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I would like to roll in lavender,

Vanilla and lavender = I'm in heaven. Usually its just from bath and body, I know they once upon a time had that as shampoo.

I will buy an awesome shampoo and conditioner then buy something just for the smell

Cupofmilk
April 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Monoi oil - great for the hair and smells great

Magdalene
April 7th, 2011, 09:59 AM
If you like lavender, I'm obsessed with Sally's GVP Lavender Tea Tree/Mint conditioner

CastaDiva
April 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I think L`anza`s "Healing Moisture"-range and "Neem Plant Silk Serum" smells absolutely divine:) A kind of fruity-tropical scent, more tropical than fruity I would say. "Orofluido Hair Elixir" also smells very good, like vanilla and amber.

BabyRay33
April 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I love LUSH's R&B conditioner. Unfortunately my BF thinks it is too spicy smelling. But I love it.

furnival
April 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Nightblooming's Panacea: one of the best smells in the world.

wvgemini
April 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I love LUSH's R&B conditioner. Unfortunately my BF thinks it is too spicy smelling. But I love it.

It makes me feel like I'm in the middle of some super lush bloom filled jungle. Seriously.

I'm also a big fan of swiping the BPAL through the hair.

rosieex3
April 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I love yummy smelling hair products! Although I don't use Pantene, it is my absolute favorite smell and I wish that every shampoo/conditioner smelled like Pantene. Right now I am using a leave-in by Herbal Essences called "long term relationship." I am in LOVE with the smell! It smells like raspberrys, except it still smells very clean. Almost like if you shampooed a raspberry in Pantene! That sounds so silly I know, but this stuff smells amazing!

BrightEyes7
April 7th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I like the Loreal EverSleek shampoos (in the orange bottles.). It has a wonderful sunflower smell and it makes my hair smell fresh all day.

I also love to spray perfume on my damp hair, I've found spraying damp hair holds the scent longer.

My favorite perfumes are Lucky Brand Lucky You, Calvin Klein In2U and D&G Light Blue. For cheap body spray I love Bath & Body Works Secret Wonderland. It is strawberries, jasmine and amber scented but it smells like vanilla/fruit/floral. I dunno. It's great!!

Animae
April 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Bpal in the hair. It sticks all day and helps make the scent last longer.

And Lilypad bathworks makes a silky strands mist that you can get in any of her scents and I really like that as well.

Delila
April 7th, 2011, 12:24 PM
LUSH Tramp smells so, so good. I wash my hair with it once in a while, because I just can't resist.

I like Fekkai scents too, their detangler smelled great, but I think it's discontinued. I hoard mine.

moonlight
April 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I adore the scent oils from scentedwheels.com (local merchants that frequently sell at faires around the Western Washington area, also online :)

Thier Vanilla (hemp) oil is incredible. So is the Jasmine.

I like to rub it in at the back of my neck, just up into my hair :)

sneakybea
April 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My hair never seems to pick up scents as much as I want it to--unless we're talking about the smell of tobacco, or greasy fried food. That said, I like to buy custom scented hair products off Etsy or from smaller e-tailers when I can afford it--right now, for instance, I'm using a sample of Cocoa Pink Shine in the scent called Un-red, and it's heavenly! As far as over the counter products go, I love the scent of Organix Vanilla Silk, but it doesn't moisturize that well. And whenever I use Garnier products, they have a fruity scent I kind of enjoy.
I'm another BPAL addict, by the way; I should try it in my hair!

CathyEarnshaw
April 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I like to buy unscented shampoos and conditioners and add my own fragrance oil. You can find unscented products all over the web with ingredients that you prefer ( no cones, sulphates, etc.)

I tend to like more exotic fragrances like myrhh, amber, musk, patchouli, sandalwood and buy from Attar Bazzar, Medini oils or Nemat.

Moroccan Oil also smells wonderful and my hair loves it. It's full of cones though and you may not want to use them. It has a musk, slightly vanillic scent.

HintOfMint
April 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM
The best scent in a conditioner that I've found is Body Shop Rainforest Moisturizing Conditioner. Unfortunately, it's not a great conditioner, but that scent....

I've used perfume in my hair but it always ends up smelling like my conditioner. Ah well.

McFearless
April 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Suave Naturals conconut conditioner has a scent that lingers in my hair for days. I love it.
Dove Heat Therapy has a scent that lingers too.

Maelyssa
April 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I admit I am in love with scents, perfumes but I ADORE hair that smells great. I've always found straight hair keeps more of the smell longer than curly hair (probably because of all the junk you have put on it to keep it happy) so naturally I'm sometimes jealous

So far the top best smelling hair products were (in no order)

1. philosophy amazing grace (makes me think of pink bubbles)
2. very sexy victorias secret (perfume in a bottle, love it)
3. fekkai shea butter (warm vanilla-y sort of smell)

if you would like to further poison me by aiding in my obsession by giving me hair products that smell awesome I highly urge you to :cheese:

fruity isn't my favorite,

Thanks xoxox

Let me tell you how much I ADORE Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Shampoo & Conditioner for how lovely it smells! I keep going back & purchasing it every now & again but try as I might, after a few weeks my hair just absolutely sucks from using the product line. I did find out from one of the girls who works there that it's nearly the same scent as their Body by Victoria perfume so maybe I'll stop in the store & do a smell test & if it really is the same I can just purchase the perfume & spray it on my hair. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same scent...I'm totally in love with it!!!

MoonLover
April 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I haven't gotten into perfumes yet but I like to mix a few drops of jasmine or ylang ylang essential oil into my castor oil. I love when there's a breeze because I get a whiff of my lovely smell:p

jesis
April 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM
DevaCurl Angel is a hair gel that smells great! I love it. :)

VS Sexy Little Things is my favorite perfume. Oh and I have to have deodorant that smells good, too. I love smelling nice. :D

lauravmarcela
April 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
DevaCurl Angel is a hair gel that smells great! I love it. :)

VS Sexy Little Things is my favorite perfume. Oh and I have to have deodorant that smells good, too. I love smelling nice. :D

Have you ever tried that pink deodorant that's all pink and was supposed to "deter" hair growth a bit? I only bought it for the smell, I loved it

Let me tell you how much I ADORE Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Shampoo & Conditioner for how lovely it smells! I keep going back & purchasing it every now & again but try as I might, after a few weeks my hair just absolutely sucks from using the product line. I did find out from one of the girls who works there that it's nearly the same scent as their Body by Victoria perfume so maybe I'll stop in the store & do a smell test & if it really is the same I can just purchase the perfume & spray it on my hair. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same scent...I'm totally in love with it!!!

Body by VS is discontinued :( I swore everybody loved that smell

Several of you mention BPAL what is that? forgive my ignorance
And thank you everyone for encouraging my obsession :disco:

virgo75
April 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Body by VS is discontinued :( I swore everybody loved that smell

Personally I think "Body" by VS smells much better than the hair care line. The hair care line can have a sharp or sour tone to it, but the fragrance doesn't.

Also, last I checked, they still make "Body" they just call it "The Fragrance" for the eau de parfum http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437608450&c=Page&cid=1300104431206&pagename=vsdWrapper and "The Body Mist" for.....

wait for it.......

the body mist http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437596452&c=Page&cid=1300104431206&pagename=vsdWrapper. :p

lauravmarcela
April 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Personally I think "Body" by VS smells much better than the hair care line. The hair care line can have a sharp or sour tone to it, but the fragrance doesn't.

Also, last I checked, they still make "Body" they just call it "The Fragrance" for the eau de parfum http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437608450&c=Page&cid=1300104431206&pagename=vsdWrapper and "The Body Mist" for.....

wait for it.......

the body mist http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437596452&c=Page&cid=1300104431206&pagename=vsdWrapper. :p

I love you. The end -_-

Everytime I looked for it and it was gone I'm like *fall on knees and scream to the sky* NOOOOO. Then a random person told me it was discontinued, so I believed

dragonette@1
April 7th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I agree, I absolutely love VS Body cologne and perfume! So does my DBF...
I will definitely try scenting my hair tomorrow!

lauravmarcela
April 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Same here, it's just the scent that's amazing :cheese: