PDA

View Full Version : How Long...

Gwen
April 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
This question is for anyone who has APL or longer. How long did it take you to get to that length? Everyone is different, and I like reading about how everyones hair grows and how they got there!

Thanks!
Gwen

Aud200
April 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I got a chin-ish length bob in Nov 2008, with trims it grew out to solid APL by June 2010 (my HS graduation), and has since grown to solid BSL (end of March 2011). I had major splits that really bothered me, and I had about 2 inches chopped off last week. So now I barely reach BSL with my slight wave, which is sad, but I am happier with my blunt, clean hemline.

rhosyn_du
April 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I've gone from chin-length in October of 2007 to just-past-BCL today.

Miss Catrina
April 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I was pixie in December 2009 and I'm about APL now.

Scarlet_Heart
April 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
See my signature! There are few things I regret as much as cutting my hip length hair to my chin on a whim in May 2009. Today I realized I finally reached waist.

Cheeks1206
April 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I had a pixie cut in 2008 and my last cut was about 2.5 years ago. I am now around BSL.

jojo
April 6th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Well I had a cropped bob in 2005 and reached shoulder in 2006, apl in 2007, bsl in 2008 and waist 2010.

I didn't trim at all until 2007 and then started dusting my hair until I reached bsl. At bsl my hair started getting more splits so more larger trims where done, hense why it probably took until last November to reach waist. I notice getting from waist to hip is harder for me, due to my ends being older and more likely to split.

Therefore a year between each goal on average. My advice to reach those milestones quicker is as soon as its long enough to put up, do so.

firefly42
April 6th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I cut my hair to just about shoulder in december of 2009. This month i've finally hit BSL, but i did have, oh....3 or 4 one inch cuts in that time? so just over a year.

CarpeDM
April 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I went from a shoulder cut bob to APL in 8 months...

salls
April 7th, 2011, 02:13 AM
I started here last september and I think I just about count as apl now.

Fethenwen
April 7th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I went from chin length to APL in I think it took two years, it took such a loooong time! Dear god, had I known the agony of growing out that cut... I had have it cut a few times to make the ends look more even so that I could live with myself :p

Getting to APL length was such a relief, and now it's all fun and no agony to continue growing it because I'm starting to really like my hair a lot :)

GALISH
April 7th, 2011, 04:44 AM
It took me 2 years and a half to reach mid-back length but my ends are now calling for a trimm.

Kisa
April 7th, 2011, 05:15 AM
I just realized that my hair is finally APL!
I think it took 5 months from right below shoulder length to this.

freckles
April 7th, 2011, 05:22 AM
It's been about 4 years since my neck-length bob, and I'm a little past waist. I was only deliberately growing out and posting on LHC for less than half of that time, and I suspect that it would have taken me less time if I'd known then what I know now :)

Maelyssa
April 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I had all damaged hair cut off in August of 2009 which left me with a very healthy head of hair landing just above my shoulders. Now in April 2011 my hair is half way between bra strap length & waist. Once last summer hit I spent most of the time with it wet & conditioner then kept up in a claw clip or bun....when I finally took it down & really looked at it in the mirror around the fall I was amazed just how much my hair had grown in a year. It was about bra strap length August 2010.

MaryRose
April 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I had a Pixie cut that was last trimmed July 2009, from there I started growing my hair out which finally got to APL April 2011. So about 20 months with regular trims during the grow out stages.

Cinnamoon
April 7th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Not long!

Sorry, I had to. :D

It took me... *counts*... 6 months to get from Can I Call This Shoulder Length? to APL.

elbow chic
April 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Hard to say. I had a pixie six years ago, and a chin-length bob four years ago, and an APL-ish layered cut two years ago... now it's brushing BSL and I'm just now getting serious about growing it. :laugh:

WaterMusic
April 7th, 2011, 11:02 PM
My last trim from a very short bob was in May of 2008. It's somewhere between APL and BSL right now, with a few trims in there.