PDA

View Full Version : Is this even possible??

Gwen
April 6th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hey everyone,

So... The last time I got my hair cut was Feb. 23rd. It has grown just over half an inch since then (about 5 weeks). Would you say that that is normal hair growth, or fairly quick hair growth? For me personally, I've never measured my hair until I found this website so I don't know exactly how much my hair actually grows. But now I'm taking a measuring tape to my hair every week, lol.

Anyway... I just got my roots done last night (bleached, blah. Trying to grow it out. Yesterday was a mistake), and I have little root stub growth already! :cheese: Is this even possible?!? Not that I don't WANT my hair to grow, because I DO. But has my hair really been growing THAT fast since I really started taking care of it?!?

Opinions/advice... Any comments welcome :)

BrightEyes7
April 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well... hair on average grows half an inch per month. So your rate is normal.

And the thing is, no matter how much you pamper your hair, it won't grow faster. It'll just help prevent damage and breakage so you get the full potential of you hair growth. Hair grows from the inside out, so you need to be healthy to have a healthy growth rate.

Maybe you had a bit of a growth spurt or something. :shrug: Keep an eye out for your growth progress. Growing out dye gives you an easy way to check new growth... I think the only perk of having the bi-color hair! I've got about 5 inches of uncolored hair going on now!

telegraph64
April 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hello there!
You can make your hair grow faster with monistat, as bizarre as that sounds !
The information thread is here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156

I have used it with much success over time. My usual growth rate is very average, however monistat has worked well, and has doubled in it's growth rate.

It is possible to have the stubby growth hairs, especially if you have been babying your scalp as well. Your hair likely was not growing at it's full potential prior to taking better care of it, so I would not be surprised to see a bit of an increase in growth rate.

Bleach and peroxide not only damage the hair itself, but it can dry out and severely damage the scalp, therefor stunting growth to a degree.

Good luck growing, keep up the good hair care!

oktobergoud
April 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
When I bleached my hair I always had my roots showing after only 2 days or so!! (not very big, but because the difference was so big you could see it IMMEDIATELY, my hair grows normal, it was just the big difference between the colours) One of the reasons I quit bleaching, so much upkeep :x

jojo
April 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
0.5" is the average growth unless your called jojo and then it drops to half that a month! But I second the monistat it gives me what the rest of you all get naturally..0.5" :D

Mesmerise
April 6th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone,

So... The last time I got my hair cut was Feb. 23rd. It has grown just over half an inch since then (about 5 weeks). Would you say that that is normal hair growth, or fairly quick hair growth? For me personally, I've never measured my hair until I found this website so I don't know exactly how much my hair actually grows. But now I'm taking a measuring tape to my hair every week, lol.

Anyway... I just got my roots done last night (bleached, blah. Trying to grow it out. Yesterday was a mistake), and I have little root stub growth already! :cheese: Is this even possible?!? Not that I don't WANT my hair to grow, because I DO. But has my hair really been growing THAT fast since I really started taking care of it?!?

Opinions/advice... Any comments welcome :)

Yup, especially when you bleach, I think any root growth is very obvious very quickly. Your hair will grow a small amount each day, and even just 1/2mm will be visible. I notice after a week quite a bit of regrowth :(