PDA

View Full Version : Do these bother you ?

UltraBella
April 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I just took a pic of my hair because my mega flexi-8 arrived and I realized I have fuzzy little flyaway hairs EVERY WHERE. These don't normally bother me, I guess I don't normally notice them. The same pic is in my album but bigger if you need a closer look.
Do these bother you ?
Do you do anything ~ or use anything ~ to make them behave ?
Should I just ignore them ?
I don't want to look like a total fuzz head all the time !

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0749.jpg

krissykins
April 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Ack! Talk about every day of my life. I use a mixture of jojoba oil and aloe vera gel to smooth them out :)

Pretty bun, by the way!

Eire
April 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I get flyaways. Before putting my hair up I brush it with a bristle brush. If there are any popping up after that, usually a spritz or two of hairspray smoothes them down. If it's an especially bad day and that's not working I just smooth them with water and they dry in place.

jeanniet
April 5th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Oh, sure, I have 'em all the time. One of the happy by-products of wavy/curly hair. :) The detangling/defrizzing spray I uses helps, but I tend to ignore what I can't fix. :D

Your hair is so gorgeous I'm sure those little wispies just add to its appeal!

jaine
April 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Fuzzies bother me if I want my hair to look nice for work but they don't bother me in social situations ... actually I kind of prefer the random look. For work I use water and gel to make my updos sleek and neat.

GlassWidow
April 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I have a tonne of fuzzy baby hairs. I had a huge postpartum shed after I stopped breastfeeding just over a year ago, so it's all starting to grow back.

Honestly, it doesn't bug me on someone else's head, but it bugs me when it's on my head. I'm fond of AVG for smoothing them down, and the added bonus is that it makes my hair feel extra soft.

LittleOrca
April 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
They do bother me! Not on other people, but myself. I usually beat them into submission with bobby pins and oils. :)

elbow chic
April 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I'm noticing a lot of them lately too.

Maybe the sun is brighter now so it's more visible than in the dimmer winter light?
Maybe I'm fixing to have a growth spurt?
Maybe I had a shed without noticing and it's new hair growing back in?

Anyway, personally I'm almost always just home so I don't put anything on it. My kids don't care.

I've used coconut oil to smooth them down before, though.

Rennire
April 5th, 2011, 08:35 PM
They used to annoy the heck out of me but I've made peace with my wispys now. If that's the way my hair was meant to be that's how it will be. I kind of like that my hair can never be tamed! (Kind of like me!) Beautiful Flexi BTW! =)

gizelle
April 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
They used to drive me nuts. It happens all the time. I was complaining about it one day and my dad told me it was nicer with the loose hairs because it makes the style softer and not as severe as having all my hair pulled back. I have also been told they make it look touchable and soft.

When I just have some stray new hairs growing in that stand straight up, I smooth them down with water. They usually stay in place until I look in the mirror again a la Schrodinger:roll:.

Aud200
April 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
They annoy me! But, alas, they are a fact of life. I second the idea that they soften the look of the hair, especially when pulled back such as in your picture. Pretty bun, by the way :)

Debra83
April 5th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Fuzzies normally only bother me if they are on MY head!!!

But, once in awhile customers comes in with really fuzzy fuzz, and I want to make them join LHC. It just seems that something they are doing is VERY wrong for them to be so fuzzy.

UltraBella
April 5th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks everyone !
It just seems extra fuzzy for some reason and it's annoying me. And why do I have so many darn little fuzzy hairs anyway ?!? They are not broken hairs and I haven't had a major shed or anything. Okay, I don't honestly know if I would notice. I tend to be oblivious to shedding.

julliams
April 5th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Me too, in fact, if I shed a little more than normal (ie. I notice it) my first reaction is "great - this will thin my hair out a bit". I know that this is crazy-talk to some people but a little less hair on me would not be such a bad thing.

telegraph64
April 5th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I too have to deal with this problem. I use a light oiling (usually either a nail scraping of coconut, or a half teaspoon of olive oil) to slick them down.
I think they're just hairs with a shorter terminal length, I too tend to not notice shedding. I never pay attention let alone count the individual hairs - even when my hair was super long. I don't shed much in the first place.

UltraBella
April 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Me too, in fact, if I shed a little more than normal (ie. I notice it) my first reaction is "great - this will thin my hair out a bit". I know that this is crazy-talk to some people but a little less hair on me would not be such a bad thing.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ! We are never ever ever supposed to admit to longing for a heavy shed :cool:

And I suspect if we had one we would be traumatized and immediately post here for moral support, and someone would dig up this thread and tell us we deserved it !

Lianna
April 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Mine bother me too, but I think they show up more on pictures (and certain lightings). Do you find your mega flexi a lot bigger (roomier) than XL? I'm waiting a mega in the mail myself. :crush:

christine1989
April 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I can get rid of mine with a little silicone styling spray but it's a futile attempt since the wind will just whip them back up in a few hours :(.

Slinks
April 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I like the messy flyaway look .. I do like a nice "holding" updo BUT I think the relaxed flyaway updo is better .. your hair looks awesome and the flexi 8 really is very nice :-)

UltraBella
April 5th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Mine bother me too, but I think they show up more on pictures (and certain lightings). Do you find your mega flexi a lot bigger (roomier) than XL? I'm waiting a mega in the mail myself. :crush:

Yes, the mega is much bigger than the XL.
I didn't know what size to order and I even called and talked to someone before ordering. I was encouraged to order a large and XL first and not the mega, but I did anyway.

hanne jensen
April 5th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I have a lot of flyaways and they irritate the he.. out of me! I don't know if they're new hairs or damage. I've always had a huge halo.

pepperminttea
April 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I have a halo's worth, too. I use a little camellia oil to settle them down, but the frizz never goes completely. I kind of like it in the late afternoons though, when the light catches them. :)

Phexlyn
April 6th, 2011, 02:08 AM
I try not to let those fuzzies bother me as I usually make things worse when I try to calm them down. My hair is *very* easily offended, and if I put too much wax/gel/oil on it to calm the fuzzies down, everything just goes flat and greasy.
If it's a bit windy, they'll be blown out out my style anyway, so I just leave them be.

Chamy
April 6th, 2011, 03:27 AM
They dont bother me. I think it looks soft with wispies around the bun.

Cupofmilk
April 6th, 2011, 03:47 AM
I am glad you posted this. I have come out of the other side of a huge shed with a huge crop of fluffy baby hairs. I have been oiling them down!
When I see other people have flyaways I realise I am human!

RitaPG
April 6th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I don't have a lot of fuzzies (I think) but my hair is stick straight.
Anyways, I don't think yours look so bad, they're kinda cute :) But it's clear they bother you. Maybe some serum or a drop of oil should keep them in place?

I have a feeling your flexi is bigger than my face :thud:

DTsgirl
April 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I am neutral. I like that they soften updos, but I realize they are not as "professional" as the sleek, schoolmarm tight look, but I look bad like that.

CaityBear
April 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM
oooh! Pretty flexi-8! It's gorgeous.

My hair can be like that sometimes. I usually try to use my hair cream or aloe vera gel or coconut oil to help smooth them out but I still sometimes have some that poke out. I try to just ignore it.

TrudieCat
April 6th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Yup, they bother me majorly but the only way I've been able to really combat them is with a flat iron. :( And I don't use the flat iron these days, so I live with the fly-aways.

But, like some others here, they don't bother me on other people - I actually think they look very romantic and lovely on others - they just bother me on me. :o

The other day I was standing in line behind 3 girls with perfectly flat-ironed (or just perfectly straight) hair that each had tied up in a cute little slightly messy but still perky/cute updo, and I felt like such a mess with my frizz halo. :( I think this says more about my insecurities than it does about the qualities of my hair, though. I am trying to learn to like my fly-aways, and to feel confidant enough to rock them without shame. :)

Lollipop
April 6th, 2011, 06:02 PM
They only bother me on windy days or when I take photos with flash. I've accepted that my hair will never be quite *perfect* in an updo, but I recognize if little pieces of my hair did not mutiny once in a while, I would look way to severe :). Oh, and I fix them by having "dirty" hair (or adding oil).

McFearless
April 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
They only bother me on windy days or when I take photos with flash. I've accepted that my hair will never be quite *perfect* in an updo, but I recognize if little pieces of my hair did not mutiny once in a while, I would look way to severe :). Oh, and I fix them by having "dirty" hair (or adding oil).

Yeah the cleaner my hair is the more the little wispies go nuts unless the hair is damp. Second day hair is easier to manipulate if its dry.

spidermom
April 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Yup; I got 'em. I usually start with something like aloe vera gel or styling gel rubbed between my palms and then smoothed over the surface of my hair after I'm finished styling it. I check it later, and if stubborn sticky-out hairs have popped up, I stroke them down with heavy duty styling wax, pomade, or putty. It doesn't take much.

RocketDog
April 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I always have a halo of sproingy short hairs, even when I put my hair up sopping wet. I ignore them most days since I end up covered with dog hair (which is much stranger looking on MY head than it is on its former owners' head). I usually get my hands wet and lightly smooth the frizzies down if they are really out of control, but that only temporarily fixes things. I don't use styling products since they just make my hair look dirty.

summerjade
April 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yes, I have these also. I'm glad you brought this up because mine have been bothering me lately. I usually spray a little hair spray on my hand and rub my hands together and run my hands over my hair. That helps tame mine. On others I don't notice it at all. Your hair is lovely in that updo and I love your new flexi-8.

AspenSong
April 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
They truly drive me nuts. I had a whole bad hair day today because of them! I just can't stand seeing all the "fuzz" - because it looks like broken off hairs to me, like damage or something. All around my hairline, sides of my face...it's like a sub-layer of hair! So I tend to keep my hair oiled and pulled back so I don't see them. Just makes me feel super blah about my hair. But, it's nice to know others have them and the same issue. Makes me feel less ugly haired. lol.

GRU
April 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Doesn't have to be breakage-related or shed-related -- we lose hairs all over our head every day, and then new ones grow to replace them. This means we always have hairs of every length on our head, from brand-new growth to longest length and every point in-between.

If I'm doing a slicked-back bun, I like aloe vera gel and/or oil of some sort. They work really well mixed together, I've noticed.

UltraBella
April 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh my goodness !!!!!!!!!!

I went shopping after work today for clothes for my trip. I tried on many things and my flyaway hairs just went nuts. I looked like a crazy haired weirdo !!!!

skydancer7
April 7th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Yep, frizzy over here.

After I use coconut oil on the last few inches of length, I sweep my hands over the fuzzie parts to get the last little bit of oil on the frizzies. It is a teeny tiny amount of oil, but really helps.

I really don't care though, I kinda like my frizzies and only oil them so that they can get some love, too :)

Mesmerise
April 7th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I don't mind wispies, but I hate frizzies...and the two on me are sort of different. Wispies are delicate little hairs that sort of wisp around and come out of an updo, but frizzies are...well... frizz. Usually with me if I pull my hair back when it's wet, I don't really get frizzies at all, but I get wispies. Frizzies are what I get when I leave my hair out :( and it doesn't matter WHAT I do I seem to have them!! ARGH... hate frizz!

Sweetie
April 7th, 2011, 02:51 AM
....I too have a little crown of new (often electric) hair around my head, but generally I let them be - since they remind me my hair is growing and it's healty! If I have to updo for a particular event and need to be perfect, I generally use a bit of linseeds gel - or jojoba oil.

boudica
April 7th, 2011, 12:15 PM
They drive me a bit nuts, and until I got to LHC I thought they were damage.

Last summer I got a growth spurt of hair, now I have a whole bunch that are just ear-ish length all over. It's okay when I first put it up, but they come down first because nothing's holding them into the bun.

Have found some success with barettes on the front half of my hair pre-bun.

I'm just grateful that they're not broken damage like I thought they were, but I seem to have had an excess of them all my life. . . especially when it rains. Glad I left New England.

lapushka
April 7th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Ah yes, fluff, fuzzy & the elements. :D There's only so much oil, a serum, gel, or leave-in will do.

MaryRose
April 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I always thought frizz was damaged hair. I have them too but just learned to live with them.

Seharia
April 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I actually like my flyaways. I used to hate them but then I decided not to brush or try to make them lay flat instead I sort of preen the together so I get a couple of short curls around my face. It looks very romantic... (or silly depends how you look at it.)

FireBunny
April 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
On other people, I either think they look kinda nice or I don't notice them at all. On me, however, I hate them with the burning fury of a thousand suns. I've got a whole bunch behind and above my ears that make me look like a startled owl if I don't control them.

jesis
April 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Usually an SMT with honey in it will tame my frizz for about a week. :) It also lightens my hair, though :(

jesis
April 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
On other people, I either think they look kinda nice or I don't notice them at all. On me, however, I hate them with the burning fury of a thousand suns. I've got a whole bunch behind and above my ears that make me look like a startled owl if I don't control them.

Bahaha startled owl!!

GRU
April 7th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Usually an SMT with honey in it will tame my frizz for about a week. :) It also lightens my hair, though :(

Instead of honey, try using glycerin for the humectant in the SMT....

Bahaha startled owl!!

I :lol: at that one myself!

Latte Lady
April 7th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Have had them all my life and so I don't notice normally. I think it is part of my hair type and that their is little I can do about it except oil it down and I won't do that because I hate an oily scalp. My hair looks thin if the scalp is oiled.

Sanyia
April 7th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I think they are cute!

dollface
April 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM
they don't annoy me a lot but when they do i just tame them with my EVOO and conditioner mix i have in my mister bottle.

lindaton
April 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I prefer this look over the wet slicked down look of updos.

Linda

lingxi
April 9th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Definitely annoys me when I have flyaway all over the place when I'm trying to do a neat style, but nothing a bit of camellia oil wont fix :)

akuamoonmaui
April 9th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I coconut oil 'em.

Gumball
April 9th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have them, and deal with them every. Single. Day. It's my combination of curly hair, regrowth, and short terminal hairs. I've learned to accept them, because there isn't much of a way to keep them in line outside of plastering them down somehow. :lol: I'm permanently fuzzy. :silly:

krissykins
April 9th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I have them, and deal with them every. Single. Day. It's my combination of curly hair, regrowth, and short terminal hairs. I've learned to accept them, because there isn't much of a way to keep them in line outside of plastering them down somehow. :lol: I'm permanently fuzzy. :silly:

Permanently fuzzy, do you have a trademark on that or can I steal it? :D

Gumball
April 17th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Permanently fuzzy, do you have a trademark on that or can I steal it? :D

:lol: Public use! :gabigrin: :silly:

Dark Queen
April 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I have a lot of new growth right now, so they're annoying, but I usually just leave them since they keep coming back no matter what. I guess if I really need to tame them, I'll use oil or water, but generally I just let it go.

IcarusBride
April 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I don't really get those. My hair is usually pretty well oiled so nothing escapes.

ArienEllariel
April 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM

:spitting: So I'm not the only one then? That's a relief.

I just love your imagery.. :rolling:

boudica
April 17th, 2011, 11:47 PM
What's SMT?

tigr
April 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
What's SMT?

Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128