View Full Version : My Story. [[Questions, also]]

GracexGore
April 5th, 2011, 06:16 PM
hello. [: i am a 16 year old girl. natural red head, i've been dying & bleaching my hair for a year and a half. and i recently cut ALL my hair off, because it was so dry, damanged, and it was falling out. i use to have SO much hair, and it was SO healthy. now it's horrible, SO thin. i basically have NO hair at all now, i also recently just started taking 10,000 mcg of biotin daily. i was wondering.. how long will it take for it to work? and how much will it grow a month? is there anything else i can do to make my hair grow faster? OH! and I have mane n tail shampoo and condiotionar. will that help too? i'm going to show you pictures of my hair when it was healthy, and now..

I'm the one to the right, with dark red/pink hair. The only part that is extensions.. is the black.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100001580271446&aid=9706#%21/photo.php?fbid=106332876096054&set=a.106331976096144.9706.100001580271446

Here is my hair now.
http://i51.tinypic.com/vo4e3n.jpg

GracexGore
April 5th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I guess the first picture didn't show up.. -_-
Well here is my hair when it was HEALTHY, i'm the one on the right with dark pink/red hair.
The only part that is extensions, is... the black part.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=100001580271446&aid=9706#!/photo.php?fbid=106332876096054&set=a.106331976096144.9706.100001580271446

jesis
April 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Well, Welcome to the LHC!! :)

I don't know anything at all about Biotin, so I'm sure someone will come along and help you out with that :) If not, there's a handy search option and there's a lot of information about Biotin here on the LHC.

You're so brave for cutting all of your hair off! Now is the time to start treating it right. No more coloring it with chemical dye, no more heat, no more harsh chemicals. This is all going to help you grow your hair out faster, and in the long run, it will help you to learn to love your hair. I know it has for me. :D

As soon as your hair is long enough, you'll type it. This will be one of the deciding factors in how you treat your hair, what products you might need, etc. Also, when it comes to Shampoo and Conditioner, we usually look at the ingredients in it, not necessarily the brand.

And remember, what works for one doesn't work for all. (But sometimes reviews do help :P)

Anyways I hope I helped! Feel free to let me (or anyone else) know if you need help with anything!

Miss Catrina
April 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Mane n' Tail may or may not help, but it probably won't hurt.

On average, hair grows six inches in a year, but it could be more or less than that. So, you can probably count on a half inch each month, but it's hard to notice such a small increase.

Biotin is a good idea, but be sure to take a good multivitamin too. A ton of different vitamins factor into hair growth so you want to be sure to cover all the bases.

silverjen
April 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome!
I think what you'll mostly need is patience, and a lot of it. While you're growing out, you can read the articles section for great advice on the best way to treat your hair.

There are mixed feelings on LHC about taking large doses of vitamins. There's not much actual evidence that it helps, and not all vitamins are healthy to take in quantity. I'd say, google Biotin side effects and recommended dosage, and/or talk to your doctor.

I've tried several ways to get my hair to grow faster, and none have worked for me. Now I focus on treating my hair right and enjoying what I have.

You'll get there!

excentricat
April 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Mane n Tail is high protein. If that is what your hair likes, then it will help. If your hair starts feeling weird or brittle, you may need to find something with less protein and more moisturizers. It gets mixed reviews around here because of that.

Silverjen is right that patience is the most important thing. I haven't tried biotin myself, but I know there are some threads on it if you're interested in learning more about it.

Here's one of them--just the first one I found. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62863&highlight=Biotin