PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is this obsession with cheese?

ghilliegirl_an
April 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while but haven't remembered to. Why is cheese everywhere on this site? There must be something I'm missing. I see it in polls, comments, even smilies which is adorable don't get me wrong:cheese:. Anyone care to explain?

-Ashley

polette
April 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for asking this, I have been wondering the same thing!! I thought it must be a inside joke I completely missed out on.

krissykins
April 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
It's delicious. :p Also, we use it to bring everyone back to civility when things get heated.

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36249

Nae
April 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Well, number one, cheese is awesome!! :cheese: But besides that, there is a backstory and I am feeling like telling a story tonight.

Gather round my dears and I will tell you The Legend of the Cheese. A long, long, long time ago in a land called The Long Hair Community there was some grouchiness and some snarkiness and some general belly aching going on.:rant::steam It was a sad, sad day. Long hairs were getting very heated and hurting each other's feelings something terrible. :(

It was such a shame, just a crying shame to see those who cared about each other feeling anger in their hearts toward others in our lovely community. :boohoo:

Fortunately, a champion arose.:king: Her name was KarenMarie, an expert wielder of the great cheese who was both brave and wise. She realized, what we should have known all along, that there was nothing so bad in our community that couldn't be fixed by a lovely piece of cheese. :gobblecheese:Who doesn't love cheese after all? She started offering cheese to people and, as if by magic, the fussing and the fighting went away.:smooch::grouphug:

The LHC was awed by the power of the cheese. It could hardly be believed that this wonderful (and tasty) substance could bring about peace and heal the occasional misunderstandings that come when such large groups of long hairs get together.:bigeyes:

Cheese stands as a reminder to our community that no discussion (no matter how crazy) is worth hurting our friends and fellow adventurers on this very long quest toward long hair.

And those that remember that momenteous day in LHC history have told the tales to the next generation, as I am telling the tale to you. Go out!!! I beseech you! Wield the cheese with love, sowing peace and harmony wherever you go. All of you, who are hearing this story, are now part of the legend. Carry it out the sacred responsibility as you see fit, spreading cheese wherever you see the seeds of discontent.

Long live the cheese!!!!

(Basic cheese info from memory and supported by this archived thread lol. I am in storyteller mode tonight, you will have to forgive me.)
http://www.longhaircommunity.com/archive/showthread.php?t=36249

silverjen
April 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
That's fabulous! Thank you for the story, Nae.

Cheese to everyone!

MsBubbles
April 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Well finally! The whole time I've been here I was never privvy to the legend of the cheese. Thanks Nae!

- Or did you just make it all up? :hmm:

Speckla
April 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
A spoonful of cheese makes the medicine go down! :)

Viechen
April 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Nae, You are awesome! This just made my week, which is a pretty big task considering its my last week of my last year of university and I have two more week s of exams after that :p but it totally made my week >.<

Aleria
April 5th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My friend does this in real life, too. If things between (usually me and another person) are getting heated, she'll go in a really loud, cute voice "I like Cheese!"

telegraph64
April 5th, 2011, 09:56 PM
A new meaning to the term, "Say cheese!"
:cheese:

christine1989
April 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I've often wondered this myself and I've been on here for 1+ year! Why cheese? Dosen't that exclude vegans, the lactose intolerent and those who just plain don't like cheese? The dancing cheese is cute but I would have gone with a dancing waffle myself. :)

Slinks
April 5th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Nae !! an awesome, lovely story, thank you, long live the cheese !!

:cheese: :gobblecheese: :cheese:

ashke50
April 6th, 2011, 04:11 AM
My little sister always fills awkward gaps in conversation with "so... I like cheese".
I am amused that the same thing seems to have happened here!

furnival
April 6th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Ahh... So at last I understand! :)

Sweetie
April 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
...so thank you very much for having clarified it all to me, also!!! Such an amazing (and tasty) way to bring peace back :cheese:!!!

jackiesjottings
April 6th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Oh thank you and I love cheese :)

oktobergoud
April 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Cheeeeese :heart:

pelicano
April 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
How funny! :D I've been wanting to know this ever since I joined, but never got around to asking!!

PiroskaCicu
April 6th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Gather round my dears and I will tell you The Legend of the Cheese. A long, long, long time ago in a land called The Long Hair Community there was some grouchiness and some snarkiness and some general belly aching going on.:rant::steam It was a sad, sad day. Long hairs were getting very heated and hurting each other's feelings something terrible. :(

It was such a shame, just a crying shame to see those who cared about each other feeling anger in their hearts toward others in our lovely community. :boohoo:

Fortunately, a champion arose.:king: Her name was KarenMarie, an expert wielder of the great cheese who was both brave and wise. She realized, what we should have known all along, that there was nothing so bad in our community that couldn't be fixed by a lovely piece of cheese. :gobblecheese:Who doesn't love cheese after all? She started offering cheese to people and, as if by magic, the fussing and the fighting went away.:smooch:

The LHC was awed by the power of the cheese. It could hardly be believed that this wonderful (and tasty) substance could bring about peace and heal the occasional misunderstandings that come when such large groups of long hairs get together.:bigeyes:

Cheese stands as a reminder to our community that no discussion (no matter how crazy) is worth hurting our friends and fellow adventurers on this very long quest toward long hair.

And those that remember that momenteous day in LHC history have told the tales to the next generation, as I am telling the tale to you. Go out!!! I beseech you! Wield the cheese with love, sowing peace and harmony wherever you go. All of you, who are hearing this story, are now part of the legend. Carry it out the sacred responsibility as you see fit, spreading cheese wherever you see the seeds of discontent.

Long live the cheese!!!!

(Basic cheese info from memory and supported by this archived thread lol. I am in storyteller mode tonight, you will have to forgive me.)

Loved your story, Nae!! Amazing :cheese:

I love cheese and I love cheese + long hair ...just not on the hair :p

MeganE
April 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Well, number one, cheese is awesome!! :cheese: But besides that, there is a backstory and I am feeling like telling a story tonight.

And thus the cheese joke becomes a legend. Well told!!!

Yozhik
April 6th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Yay! I love the explanation! :cheese:

I had an inkling it was used as a placatory option in fights, but couldn't ever connect that to why it is also usually a poll option. :hmm:

Thanks for clearing that up! I love you all, and I love cheese! :cheese:
(my favorites are cambozola and Vermont sharp cheddar) :)

jesis
April 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Fortunately, a champion arose.:king: Her name was KarenMarie, an expert wielder of the great cheese who was both brave and wise. She realized, what we should have known all along, that there was nothing so bad in our community that couldn't be fixed by a lovely piece of cheese. :gobblecheese:Who doesn't love cheese after all? She started offering cheese to people and, as if by magic, the fussing and the fighting went away.:smooch::grouphug:

Long live the cheese!!!!

I absolutely loved this! Hahaha thank you so much!

Alvrodul
April 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Awesome story, nae!

:cheese: Long live the cheese! :cheese:
:gobblecheese:

DTsgirl
April 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I think Nae's wonderful story should be part of the FAQ's or newbie advice. It is perfect, and EVERYONE wonders about the cheese eventually.

Nae
April 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Awwww......you guys are making me blush. I am so glad you all enjoyed it. I figure the cheese definately deserves it's own legend. I mean it is the great peace maker. The gooey ooey peacemaker.;)

proo
April 7th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I will go out there and wield the cheese!

gthlvrmx
April 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
it's funny, my old best friend made a random joke about cheese and it became our trademark, I Like Cheese, copyright. How funny i find this here on LHC years later! :D

Dixie Derelict
October 4th, 2019, 06:44 AM
You guys gotta know this: for many years now WTUL 91.5FM,a college station in New Orleans, has featured a "Cheese Music " show... check it out through any decent radio app on the internet. Cheese? You bet!

FelishNavidad
October 4th, 2019, 07:31 AM
oh, I'm glad to know this. I just thought it was a throwback to ye internet days of olde and loved it for that. I remember seeing that emoji everywhere when dial up was still the main way of accessing the internet. It was the partner to the dancing banana. :disco: I love the cheese even more now. :cheese:

Arciela
October 4th, 2019, 10:46 AM
I was wondering this too! Thank you for explaining it :flower: Haha cheese ftw!

Kalamazoo
October 5th, 2019, 02:49 AM
This doesn't exactly relate to LHC, but it does relate to cheese:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkX0p-LqcAg

On YouTube, it's: Penn and Teller Magic Fool Us | Magic with Cheese | Jonathan Burns

doorgedraaid
February 19th, 2020, 03:11 PM
As a Dutchie I approve of this cheese obsession :cheese: :cheese:

lapushka
February 19th, 2020, 04:08 PM
As a Dutchie I approve of this cheese obsession :cheese: :cheese:

You wanna come to Belgium and try some cheese on for size. :lol: ;) :p
Juuust kidding!

0xalis
February 19th, 2020, 08:41 PM
I've often wondered this myself and I've been on here for 1+ year! Why cheese? Dosen't that exclude vegans, the lactose intolerent and those who just plain don't like cheese? The dancing cheese is cute but I would have gone with a dancing waffle myself. :)

What, you never heard of vegan "cheese"? ;)