PDA

View Full Version : longest hair

CurlyCyndi
April 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXc6ncfEkX0&feature=feedrec_grec_index

just wanted to share and maybe hear your thoughts

Miss Catrina
April 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I'm a little horrified... Why would you grow your hair but not take care of it and let it become one giant dreadlock?

spidermom
April 5th, 2011, 04:54 PM
There are quite a few threads about this guy. He certainly generates a lot of attention.

CurlyCyndi
April 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
his hair looks reallygross to me... but there are a lot of opeople that love dreads.

Debra83
April 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah..........no.

lastnite
April 5th, 2011, 05:14 PM
lol @ the youtube comments. it says he hasn't washed it in a decade... most of it is probably just shed hair that can't fall because of the dreads.

there's a woman with really long hair/dreads, I remember seeing a video showing how she washes it, so atleast she took care of her hair a bit and her hair looked a bit better (maybe because it was clean).

jesis
April 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I don't even want to know how that smells or what it feels like. Omg.

However, the current record holder's hair is quite beautiful.

Becky Safari
April 5th, 2011, 05:30 PM
What about the Chinese girl with the current record? Is there a video of her?

honeybunny_1996
April 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
That is so disgusting.

CathyEarnshaw
April 5th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I find it disgusting.

Rafusen
April 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
That's just awful! I find it disgusting :(

julliams
April 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I had to giggle all the way through this - the music, the visuals, but most of all the comment written directly underneath that it looks like a big s**t on top of his head. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to be displayed in a comical manner but...

telegraph64
April 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately the hair does ick me out the slightest bit, because with a "dreadlock" of it's mass gives me no less than the visualization of something... well... living in it. And I don't wish to even try imagining the scent that must waft from it!
Julliams, yes, it does look a bit like a... well... turd.... :bigeyes:

MeganE
April 5th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ew ew ew!!! Horrible ugly and gross!! I like his face though, he reminds me of my gramma's boyfriend. Looks like a kind of sweet old guy, with ... apparently an eccentric love of yucky hair.

ETA: Bad MeganE!! REMEMBER YOUR KNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slinks
April 5th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Ew ew ew!!! Horrible ugly and gross!! I like his face though, he reminds me of my gramma's boyfriend. Looks like a kind of sweet old guy, with ... apparently an eccentric love of yucky hair.
^^^^^^ :agree:

:tmi: I wouldn't want that "hair" anywhere near me it was gross .. do you know how many bugs 'n stuff would be in that !! :bigeyes: :frog::lol: :lol:

pepperminttea
April 5th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Not to be anti-dreadlock, but would someone with dreads qualify for a 'world's longest hair' record, compared to someone with undreaded hair, given that a lot of it is going to be shed and not attached to his scalp? Especially in the case of one big dreadlock, rather than a headful of smaller ones. I can't help wondering if that's why his hair hasn't been accredited yet.

Not a head of hair I aspire to, but more power to him.

californiagirl
April 5th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Hahaha. That totally made me laugh. It is so crazy and gross. I just can't believe someone would want that.

farewell_nancy
April 5th, 2011, 11:48 PM
You're missing the most remarkable bit. Aside from his beard this 71 year old man barely has any white hair.

AndreaPetrea
April 6th, 2011, 01:56 AM
You're missing the most remarkable bit. Aside from his beard this 71 year old man barely has any white hair.

I noticed :D But I don't want to think about why.

I guess they will need a chain saw to cut that hair off? :ponder:

Dragon
April 6th, 2011, 02:12 AM
That looks disgusting. And the fact that he hasn’t washed his hair in a decade :puke: I’d hate to be laying beside him at night with the stink of his hair.

Ishje
April 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM
his hair looks reallygross to me... but there are a lot of opeople that love dreads.

well, dreads can be nice, and clean, and you can wash them as often as one likes.
they don't necessarily are all gross, one just has to take care of them.

but, otherwise I agree, this particulate dread does look gross.
if I was his wife I would have combed his hair from the start and braided it, so it looks nice, now that is a bit too late I guess.

how does he sleep?
also, he must have the strongest neck muscles in the world XD

alwayssmiling
April 6th, 2011, 02:26 AM
I'm normally a live and let live type of person but in this case....didn't you just want to get the scissors to it when he lifted it up from his scalp? :eek:

Fethenwen
April 6th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I love dreads, but this...

yeah, I've seen it before. It sort of doesn't really count as longest hair if you ask me, it's just a pile of old hairs stuck to each other :shrug:

maria_asa
April 6th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Not to be anti-dreadlock, but would someone with dreads qualify for a 'world's longest hair' record, compared to someone with undreaded hair, given that a lot of it is going to be shed and not attached to his scalp? Especially in the case of one big dreadlock, rather than a headful of smaller ones. I can't help wondering if that's why his hair hasn't been accredited yet.

Not a head of hair I aspire to, but more power to him.

This.

I do like dreadlocks that are well taken care of but this just looks gross to me.

AnqeIicDemise
April 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM
It looks like a Poop hat. O.o

http://www.konamistyle.jp/upimages/001/032/NO170213p1_1.jpg

Slinks
April 7th, 2011, 12:32 AM
It looks like a Poop hat. O.o

http://www.konamistyle.jp/upimages/001/032/NO170213p1_1.jpg

lol ^^^^ when I looked at the pic in the link for some reason it reminded me of Devo the flower potted hats .. ETA : now I've gone completely off topic !!

Copasetic
April 7th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I'm a little horrified... Why would you grow your hair but not take care of it and let it become one giant dreadlock?

Probably because that's what he wanted. :shrug:

Othala
April 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
I think he is an attention seeker.

And can I just say to him, if he is reading this..."Wash your hair you dirty man"!

Bucatini
April 7th, 2011, 04:54 AM
What is the word (not "dreadlocks") for when it's all one big mass like that? There was a thread with a few folks who had hair that look like this man's hair, but I can't remember the word....

Rebecca.1905
April 7th, 2011, 06:42 AM
EW. I love dreadlocks but that isn't dreadlocks... that's just dirty, matted hair. I can't imagine the smell from 10 yrs of not washing or caring for it in any way. Disgusting and repulsive.

hina87
April 7th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I was soo eager to watch the video to see the longest haired person, but I was disgusted too..atleast take care of it and wash it so it does not smell bad..I don't think that is too much..just my personal opinion..if he had the time and patience to grow out his hair soo long, he certainly had the time to wash it...

joyfulheart18
April 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Google image search xie qiuping. She's the current record holder, and her hair has been taken care of MUCH better...

CastaDiva
April 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah..........no.
This was my reaction too:rolleyes:

pepperminttea
April 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
What is the word (not "dreadlocks") for when it's all one big mass like that? There was a thread with a few folks who had hair that look like this man's hair, but I can't remember the word....

I was wondering this too. I had a dig around and think I found it: a Polish plait (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_plait), also known as an elflock.

(Whatever you do, don't google image it. shudder: )

LittleOrca
April 7th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Kind of funny how people here are squeamish about this man's hair and horrified by it. I wonder if that is how the rest of the world sees us.

BlueCanary
April 7th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I think the general population thinks us odd perhaps, but not so much gross. That was nasty.

pepperminttea
April 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I wonder if that is how the rest of the world sees us.

We're endearing, vaguely creepy weirdos, remember? ;)

boudica
April 7th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Here's a great photo gallery I found of her. Scroll all the way to the bottom to see some lovely old old photos of people with long hair.

I'm just in love with her waves.

http://www.coolpicturegallery.net/2011/01/worlds-longest-hair-women-xie-qiuping.html

This has a nice picture too:
http://psychoticrecreation.tumblr.com/post/4053369183/en-joy-division-xie-qiuping-worlds-longest

And here:
http://www.chinafails.com/2010/07/xie-qiuping-with-the-worlds-longest-hair/

elbow chic
April 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
no way should Xie Qiuping lose her title to this guy! Three-quarters of that is surely decades-old shed hair.

Maybe there should be two categories: one for general hair, however it's attached, and one for "hair that's actually still growing from a follicle."

wavykisses
April 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
The video made me kind of sad,
Will people out there think that is how long hair looks?.

princessp
April 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Google image search xie qiuping. She's the current record holder, and her hair has been taken care of MUCH better...

Thank you for that! If like me, you want a new visual here she is:
http://nepalihippo.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/xie-qiuping-worlds-longest-hair-women-rare-photos/

BrightEyes7
April 7th, 2011, 12:26 PM
That is kinda gross... but kinda cool.

He looks like he has a sack of potatoes on his head when he has the covering... looks like he has a wicker basket without it! :laugh:

It'd be nice if he at least washed it.

terpentyna
April 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I'm curious as to WHY he has kept it so... unkept and long.

LotusFIre
April 7th, 2011, 04:24 PM
What a hottie! I wonder if he's single!!!:eyebrows:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::

katiezomg
April 8th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Here's a great photo gallery I found of her. Scroll all the way to the bottom to see some lovely old old photos of people with long hair.

I'm just in love with her waves.

http://www.coolpicturegallery.net/2011/01/worlds-longest-hair-women-xie-qiuping.html

This has a nice picture too:
http://psychoticrecreation.tumblr.com/post/4053369183/en-joy-division-xie-qiuping-worlds-longest

And here:
http://www.chinafails.com/2010/07/xie-qiuping-with-the-worlds-longest-hair/

Ah, thank you :) felt much better seeing lovely, long, shiny hair that's actually been cared for after seeing that horrible thing on his head!

Kisa
April 8th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Disgusting.

Why grow it out that long just to carry it as a dread-turban?
Nah, not nice to me :)

Knotted
April 8th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I try not to say this about other people, but . . . ew.

squee
April 8th, 2011, 08:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pq87vh-D4
old lady with much nicer dreads :)

Dorothy
April 8th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I say to each their own, live and let live. Plenty of folks around here doing SO, plenty folks dreading.

A long time ago one of my young clients schooled me - I was talking to him about hygiene, he was a street gypsy sort - and he sighed and said "I know first impressions are important. But I also think it's important to be able to be able to be around human beings that smell like human beings."

adiapalic
April 8th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Just for another side to this campaign of disgust...

Here's a thread about this man already (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58603).

Here's the most thoughtful and well articulated comment, from that thread, that I've ever seen about it since:

I for one, love this picture, and always have, because of it's uniqueness and diversity. I'd also chance a guess that if his locks were grown like this with a spiritual intent, that he took good care of it with herbs and scented oils, so smell was likely not as big an issue as you'd think.

Opinions are always allowed, but maybe we should all keep the KNIT rules in our minds when posting? I know of one member who was treated so similarly to this, that she never returned, and, I just wonder if this man were to read this thread what he would think of our community. Just a thought.

Yep, just a thought.

alxardnax
April 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
That made me a little nausus.

Tookii
April 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Bloody Hell, it's just one huge matted dreadlock! It looks like it could do with a wash and a thorough combing...

Kunoichi
April 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Ick. :scissors:

Veviticus
April 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I have locs but looking at his... and knowing that he has not washed them for that long makes me want to throw up. Oh how they MUST stink!

Shoga
April 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I don't think I can eat my lunch anymore... and I don't know how his wife puts up with it. I'd shave it off in his sleep. Lord knows what kind of critters are nesting in that.

LittleOrca
April 8th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Well, here is the thing... It's his hair; his choice. Just like our hair is our choice whether it's long, short, dyed, natural, shaved, layered, gray, red, pink, dreaded or not. The snarkiness of some of the comments here make me rather sad. I thought we as a forum were more tolerant than that. Oh well, another thread I don't need to read anymore. :shrug:

longcurlygirl<3
April 8th, 2011, 01:59 PM
agree with littleocra.. we are critized for our hair we shoundt do it to the poor fella.. maybe he doesnt have the time/money for shampoo

summerjade
April 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
THAT is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!! Who knows what's in there??!!

Veviticus
April 8th, 2011, 02:27 PM
agree with littleocra.. we are critized for our hair we shoundt do it to the poor fella.. maybe he doesnt have the time/money for shampoo

I'm not critizing him for having locks (or "A" lock) but just the thought of him not washing them...does that mean that he hasn't even gotten them wet? Again, I myself have locks, and I love locks of all kinds, but I wash them two to three times a week sometimes. And I have never gone one week without washing them. As a matter of fact the more you wash locks the better they do lock, so if he has never washed them in all that time...all of that just cannot be all hair.

firicia
April 8th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, that guy must have some motivation! I think I'll stick to trying to get to tail bone, but you gotta admit whether or not people like it or think it's gross if he can grow it that long, any one of us can make it to our goal lengths!

adiapalic
April 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Well, here is the thing... It's his hair; his choice. Just like our hair is our choice whether it's long, short, dyed, natural, shaved, layered, gray, red, pink, dreaded or not. The snarkiness of some of the comments here make me rather sad. I thought we as a forum were more tolerant than that. Oh well, another thread I don't need to read anymore. :shrug:

I agree.

Well... so much for kind, informative, necessary, and true. So much for this incredible gawk-fest.

TakeAPotatoChip
April 8th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Not to add more snarki-ness... I don't think he was ever deemed by the Guinness world records as having the new longest hair title... & unless I have him confused, I believe he has since died. :(

adiapalic
April 8th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Not to add more snarki-ness... I don't think he was ever deemed by the Guinness world records as having the new longest hair title... & unless I have him confused, I believe he has since died. :(

Unfortunately he has (http://www.vietnam.com/article/vietnamese-man-having-the-worlds-longest-hair-dies.html). I think that was also mentioned in the other thread as well. You're right, he was never officially recorded as having the longest.

twopoints
April 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
It's coloured with dirt.

MeganE
April 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Kind of funny how people here are squeamish about this man's hair and horrified by it. I wonder if that is how the rest of the world sees us.

I thought about that too, when I re-read today.

We're endearing, vaguely creepy weirdos, remember? ;)

Cute. :)

Just for another side to this campaign of disgust...

Here's a thread about this man already (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58603).

Here's the most thoughtful and well articulated comment, from that thread, that I've ever seen about it since:

Yep, just a thought.

I agree.

Well... so much for kind, informative, necessary, and true. So much for this incredible gawk-fest.

Oh dear. I am ashamed. I have failed KNIT. My apologies.

christine1989
April 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I think I remember a few threads about this guy (hopefully this one does not go down the same ugly path!) I'm not a big fan of the one giant dreadlock look. It's not so much the style that creeps me out but knowing that most of what is trapped in there is actually shed hair and I'm really grossed out my even my own shed hair- it sort of reminds me of what the roto rooter guy digs out of my sink from time to time. :puke:

Latte Lady
April 8th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I love dreads, but this...

yeah, I've seen it before. It sort of doesn't really count as longest hair if you ask me, it's just a pile of old hairs stuck to each other :shrug:

I agree that this doesn't count as long hair. If it isn't actually growing out of his head than it is shed hair. The fact that it is connected to his hair means he has a mass. A filthy one at that!:disgust: