PDA

View Full Version : When can you call it 'tailbone'?

ilovelonghair
April 5th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I searched for some threads and found these:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40841&highlight=tailbone
and:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36058&highlight=tailbone

My question is: is tailbone length when you hair reaches the top of your tailbone, or should it be the middle?
I think I am nearing tailbone this year, maybe reaching it, depending on what tailbone length exactly is :)
(yes I am the one with the hair that fell out, but it didn't affect length and the thickness of the length *sigh of relief*)

Firefox7275
April 5th, 2011, 04:29 AM
The top of the tailbone is BCL, the bottom of the tailbone is TBL I think.

Panth
April 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM
I would say it's when your hair reaches where your tailbone is. So, that bone that sticks out a little just at the top of your butt crack. :P

TheBluffs
April 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
I would say it's when your hair reaches where your tailbone is. So, that bone that sticks out a little just at the top of your butt crack. :P

Yup! That's how I measure it. :D Then again, it could be on different place for everyday, depending on the length of your spine.

Mesmerise
April 5th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I'd say it's when it reaches the end of your tailbone (so the end of the knobbly bit lol). I seem to have quite a long tailbone so it would take me awhile hahaha. I'm only planning on getting to hip though ;)

Cupofmilk
April 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I would say end of tailbone. A good idea - take a picture with hair down with you sat crossed legged on the floor. You can feel your tailbone and then add a coloured line into your picture to seee how far there is to go (make sure you sit up straight)

Kherome
April 5th, 2011, 07:05 AM
TBL is the bottom of the tailbone, which is usually 2 inches past BCL.

iluvkorn
April 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
yayyy!! this means i must be tailbone...but i have split ends from old layers that i must trim. but i'm not doing it all at once, and inch at a time until all ends are equal. just can't bear to chop up to bsl-ish now that my hair is this long.

In2wishin
April 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I always figured I would be at tailbone when my hair just brushes the seat of a hard chair.

ilovelonghair
April 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM

In that case I am getting there, only when my hair is wet though, I have ever shrinking hair :p