PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying things people have done and do with your hair.

sakuramoon08
April 4th, 2011, 11:29 PM
1. I did the arduous work of putting curlers in my hair, no hair spray, over night. People come up to me and say, "your hair is so curly!" They then proceed to pull on my hair and pull the curls out. Really?

2. When I wrestle my dad he pulls on my hair to gain the upper hand. Ouch! Even in a bun, he will just pull the bun.

What has happened to you?

Loreley
April 5th, 2011, 12:32 AM
I was sitting in the classroom listening to the teacher when one of my classmates sitting behind me started to pull the hairstick out of my hair. Well, I wasn't too kind when I told her to stop it. :o

christine1989
April 5th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Some guy in my Latin class was batting at it a few days ago. For a minute I thought there was a cat behind me! To give him the benefit of the doubt though it was hanging over on to his desk.

ashke50
April 5th, 2011, 02:25 AM
When I was at school some of my friends used to threaten to cut my hair, because they said it was "too long". That was annoying, but not as annoying as when one of them actually did cut a small piece off my hair during a lesson. I was furious.

TheBluffs
April 5th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Oh yes.. the dreaded hairsticks.. You head 'What's that', and the next minute your hair is all out, and there goes the hard work. :nono:

Firefox7275
April 5th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Just grab their nipple and twist: if they feel it acceptable to invade your personal space, it's clearly acceptable for you to do likewise. ;)

Vorvolaka
April 5th, 2011, 04:41 AM
My brother has the annoying habit of yanking at it. Back off, dude!

Panth
April 5th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I used to sit by a guy in Chemistry class (when I used to wear my hair loose all the time) who would pretend to garrotte me with my own hair. He was a nice (if weird) guy so I just told him off and got back on with my work.

EDIT:

Just remembered another one. My dad, in a hurry, when I was little and we were late for Sunday school. He'd done my hair in two English plaits, as it always was, but missed out a section about 1cm wide from the hairline at the nape ... so he just cut it off. Mum was furious - it took ages to grow back until it was long enough to stay in one of the plaits.

meerikal
April 6th, 2011, 01:53 AM
Brother: liked to push my headband back or pull my pony tail holder halfway out.
Co-Worker: used to stand on the coasters of my rolling chair and run her fingers thru my hair, seriously had no concept of personal space and it's not like I give off an approachable vibe.

Chamy
April 6th, 2011, 03:30 AM
It has happened that someone has tried to pull my hairstick out. Im NOT nice when im angry, and that got me very angry.

longhairtobe
April 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM
when I was still in high school and had really long hair i was in my precalc class a really annoying girl I did not care for asked me to "hang on a second" ( the desks were in rows and i was sitting sideways talking to my friends so my back and hair was facing her and her friends)

she sat on the floor and plopped my hair on top of her head and asked all her friends how she would look with black hair. They all laughed and it made me furious. I was like seriously? you just grab all my hair and plop it on top of your head and get way to close to me in the process. ugh still makes me mad!

longhairtobe
April 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Tomoyo
April 6th, 2011, 04:21 PM
When I was a kid, if I was sitting in the hall for assembly (primary school!) and a girl was sat behind me, often she would play with my hair (this seemed to be a "thing" girls did, age 6-9 or so). I didn't mind if it was in a ponytail, but if it was plaited, they would ruin it. NOONE could braid a plait as neat as my mom! Then I'd have to deal with a sloppy-ended plait for the rest of the day.

dreamsofthewind
April 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM
i often wear my hair in 1940s/50s styles, and EVERY TIME, especially when i have something intricate done to the front section, people in my school cannot help but start touching it and asking me infinite questions about how i did it.
it is infuriating. especially since i do it up quite often, and it is still the same people touching and asking about it.

adiapalic
April 6th, 2011, 05:00 PM
A most unsavory ex co-worker, who gossiped and lied often, would yank on my braid and flop it in the air to the point that it hurt because it pulled the nape hair. I told her not to do it anymore. "Why?" she asked. "uhm... because it kinda HURT." Then I told my supervisor about it.

:rolleyes:

Islandgrrl
April 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM
My daughter pulls my hairsticks/pins out all the time. Drives me nuts. I feel like I'm constantly saying, "Get your hands out of my hair, little girl!" :)

Aud200
April 6th, 2011, 06:53 PM
1. I did the arduous work of putting curlers in my hair, no hair spray, over night. People come up to me and say, "your hair is so curly!" They then proceed to pull on my hair and pull the curls out. Really?

This reminds me of elementary school! I guess some people never learn...

I was sitting in the classroom listening to the teacher when one of my classmates sitting behind me started to pull the hairstick out of my hair. Well, I wasn't too kind when I told her to stop it. :o

Oh my gosh! Seriously, people raised by wolves???

Some guy in my Latin class was batting at it a few days ago. For a minute I thought there was a cat behind me! To give him the benefit of the doubt though it was hanging over on to his desk.

This one is kind of funny. :cheese: But obviously it is still annoying

My dad, in a hurry, when I was little and we were late for Sunday school. He'd done my hair in two English plaits, as it always was, but missed out a section about 1cm wide from the hairline at the nape ... so he just cut it off. Mum was furious - it took ages to grow back until it was long enough to stay in one of the plaits.

Oh my!! This sounds like something only a father would do. Although I'm not sure my father even knows how to braid, haha. At least they weren't in the front of your hairline (like bangs) though if you wore your hair in two plaits all the time it would be fairly noticeable for the grow-out period..

jojo
April 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
When I am busy doing my care plans at work, one particular nurse has the habit of pulling my hair stick out. Though she always buns it back nice for me, it does really bug me. However, I am way too nice to say anything!

rena
April 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
My mum LOVES to comb her fingers through my hair upwards and outwards, fluffing it out in the back. Another one is when someone runs their hand over my drying hair :(. Don't they know how critical that stage is and shouldn't touch?!

krissykins
April 6th, 2011, 09:07 PM
People play with my hairsticks. They say they're "adjusting them so they don't fall out," but by pulling on them, they're loosened from their once firm hold. Nice going, moron.

monsterna
April 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
People play with my hairsticks. They say they're "adjusting them so they don't fall out," but by pulling on them, they're loosened from their once firm hold. Nice going, moron.

I suppose they think they are for decoration, and not actually the backbone of your bun.

krissykins
April 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I suppose they think they are for decoration, and not actually the backbone of your bun.

It's true. It'd be nice if they just asked if they could play with them or something, then I could pull one out and hope the other one lasts for a minute or two until I can put its sibling back in my bun. :p

CurlyCreature
April 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Ugh! My childhood was nothing but torture with my hair!! I had poofy poofy hair before I discovered product & wide tooth combs... Kids used to sit behind me in class and throw pieces of paper in it to see if it got stuck! so mean!!

BlueCanary
April 6th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I hate that. I've had more than one person pull out my hair stick and then be astonished that the whole do fell. Um, really?

I also hate when people touch it. Mostly they're nice and ask me first, but yeah, just don't. It's like pregnant belly. Just. Don't. Touch.

My kids (4 & 2) have developed a bad habit of pulling on my hair sticks, but they're hating it when I snap at them, so I think it's not going to be a major thing. They both prefer it up, so I think they're getting it.

And I've gone to my son's school with it down a couple of times. Last time I was trying to monitor the girls in the bathroom (I'm the pre-K homeroom mom and a part time teacher at their school) and had three little ones trying to "climb" my classic/thigh length hair like Rapunzel. Yeah. That was fun.

AnqeIicDemise
April 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
The bullies liked to throw gum in my hair. e.e I got really good at removing it with pb & ice.

sakuramoon08
April 6th, 2011, 11:28 PM
The worst worst thing that ever happened to me was that some girl spit her gum in my hair when I didn't know... it took forever for that part of my hair to grow back... it's still not quite up to par with the rest of my hair... right in the crown... My friend almost beat her up to it. High school kids are soo mean, but college people love my hair! :D

darklion
April 7th, 2011, 12:36 AM
In college, my hair would drape down behind my chair and someone behind me would inevitably push their desk forward until it hit my chair... and my hair. Then I would be painfully pinned by my hair....and talk about breakage. I think that's the reason I wear my hair up all the time now... painful memories.

CurlyCreature
April 7th, 2011, 12:46 AM
In college, my hair would drape down behind my chair and someone behind me would inevitably push their desk forward until it hit my chair... and my hair. Then I would be painfully pinned by my hair....and talk about breakage. I think that's the reason I wear my hair up all the time now... painful memories.

owch!

this reminds me- did anyone ever have those plastic chairs in grade school with the two metal pins/circles holding the plastic to the metal frame? How many times did your hair get wrapped in those and snapped?! It used to happen to me and my friends all the time! owch!