PDA

View Full Version : Any products that will disguise splits?

jhill923
April 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
JUst curious if anyone has a product or home recipe that they think made splits look less noticable ? Of course its best to get rid of them but im also thinking some kind of oil or gloss or product may make them less noticable ?

MoonlightShadow
April 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
there are products that can do that :) i think protein treatments can help with that too.

MoonlightShadow
April 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
here are some products i found that MIGHT help.

-Avon Advance Techniques Dry Ends Serum
-TRESemme Vitamin B12 & Gelatin Anti-Breakage Conditioner
-Frizz-Ease Crème Serum Overnight Repair Formula
-Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Split-End Protector for Long Hair
- Bumble and bumble Seaweed Conditioner
-Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum
- Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner (http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/588031/aveda-damage-remedy-restructuring-conditioner)
-Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Shampoo
-Aussie Moist Conditioner
-Biosilk Silk Therapy
-Sunsilk Hydra TLC Conditioner
-Suave Professionals Damage Care Conditioner

i hope this helped some :)

UltraBella
April 5th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I put coconut oil, a lot of it, in my dry hair and bun it. I leave it that way for as long as possible to let the oil be absorbed. When I take it down I am unable to find even one split end. I think it seals them or something but they are magically gone.

Dragon
April 5th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I think cones helps to make them look less noticable because it helps to seal them.

Blandine
April 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Scissors do a great job on split ends.

Sophiawavyhair
April 5th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Coconut oil does a great job! If you use cones they disguise split ends very well too. But you should get rid of the splits eventually as they travel up the shaft and cause breakage too. If you dont want to lose your lenght you can do monthly microtrims and/or S&D ... I did this for 5 months and now I can hardly find any split ends. :)