PDA

View Full Version : Starting All Over Again

Shiin
June 14th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'm starting all over again. My hair was an inch from waist when I cut it up to my shoulders. It's now about shoulder length and I wish I had never cut it.

Things were going on in my life and the best and safest way to act out was to cut my hair I guess you could say. Now I regret it. :(

I'm glad to be back here at the LHC. Now just to let my hair grow and grow :flower:

SweetPea88
June 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm glad you're back too! It's hair, it'll grow back! :)

yogachic
June 14th, 2008, 10:52 AM
It will be fun watching your hair grow back out. I did the same thing, although I wasn't to waist, just past BSL. I'm inching near BSL once again. By the end of summer I think I will be back there. :)
Welcome Back!

Shiin
June 14th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Well, I'm glad you're back too! It's hair, it'll grow back! :)

:flower: Thank you.

Shiin
June 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
It will be fun watching your hair grow back out. I did the same thing, although I wasn't to waist, just past BSL. I'm inching near BSL once again. By the end of summer I think I will be back there. :)
Welcome Back!

Yep that's what I plan on doing :grin: Growing long and healthy hair and taking good care of it! :agree:

Moiraine
June 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry hun. Now we have to go forward and in no time it will be gowing like a weed, you have fast-growing hair and in no time it will be grazing your waist again. We have all been where you are and we will be here for you as you grow your hair down again.

What helped me last year was trying to forget all about about my hair. Mine was just grazing my shoulders and while I need to have it measured, it's made progress over the past year and my hair isn't the fastest growing.

I just hope whatever it was that upset you has been taken care of and you are feeling better now :hugz to you from me:

Shiin
June 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry hun. Now we have to go forward and in no time it will be gowing like a weed, you have fast-growing hair and in no time it will be grazing your waist again. We have all been where you are and we will be here for you as you grow your hair down again.

What helped me last year was trying to forget all about about my hair. Mine was just grazing my shoulders and while I need to have it measured, it's made progress over the past year and my hair isn't the fastest growing.

I just hope whatever it was that upset you has been taken care of and you are feeling better now :hugz to you from me:

:grouphug: Thank you very much.

I missed the LHC so much - silly as it sounds I was almost afraid to come back after having cut my hair :(

I'm glad to be back! Grow hair grow! Right? :grin:

Melisande
June 14th, 2008, 11:48 AM
What I love about TLHC is that don't have to HAVE long hair in order to be welcome here. It's enough that you LOVE and WANT long hair to feel happy here.

Besides, what is long? Compared to hm, 75% maybe 80% of the general population you and I have long hair. Compared to the longhair goddesses around here, we don't. But we have something to aspire to :P

Hair is so nice, it grows every day!

SchnauzerMom
June 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry that you had tough things going on in your life. The hair will grow back and be even prettier than ever.

teeleigh
June 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I would be exactly where you are right now, except for my laziness! I was so determined to cut my hair short but couldn't decide on a style and just kept procrastinating.
Then a series of events led me to decide I wanted to keep my length and go for more...
Welcome back if I can say that since I am very new to LHC :o.
Let's grow together!!

brok3nwings
June 14th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I understand why you cut it. We have emotions and sometimes well..we cant handle it all. But it will grow and you are at the best place to grow it! Everyone here is growing or at least loving healthy hair. :)

Curlsgirl
June 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome back!!! Never be afraid to come back! We are happy to see everyone! :cheese:

jojo
June 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I totally understand I went from waist to pixie, not my choice i might add the hairdresser took that upon his self, but my hair is nearly BSL now, only 2.5 years later and Im now glad he did it, my hair is much healthier.

Your hair will be back to where you want it before you know it.

birthmarkie
June 14th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome back Shiin!!! :D
Shoulder length is a very flattering length on a lot of people. I'm sure you look great. And it's all smooth sailing from here on out. Plus you could get some extra summer growth.

WritingPrincess
June 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Welcome back, Shiin! May your hair grow quickly and stay split-free as it travels down your back.

spidermom
June 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi! I think I remember you. You launched 1-2 threads about wanting to cut your hair for various reasons, if I'm remembering correctly and don't have you confused with somebody else. Anyway, as I remember it, you debated this for quite a long time and did not cut impulsively. Sometimes you just have to get these things out of your system, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's good to see you; welcome back.

LadyPolaris
June 14th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm in the same boat as you! Had it at waist length, cut it to just below shoulder length, trying to be more practical (and to get rid of chemically dyed ends). I regret it as well, but sometimes you have to go through these things. We'll regrow our hair long together! :flower:

busnutmedic
June 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM
What a good thread for me to read :D I'm tempted to cut from hip (I think? touches at least to the top of my hips when I put it in the front of me) to mid-back. Sigh.

So I'm not glad to hear you were disappointed with the cut, but thanks for letting us all know, you might prevent some of us from doing the same thing ;)

Bonnie

wintersun99
June 14th, 2008, 07:35 PM

DreamingLong
June 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I did the same thing before, it will grow!

katiana
June 14th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I have also cut my hair at different times in my life wanting change,sad,etc..actually felt good, then somewhat regretted it..I never feel too bad about it though, especially after my mother has gone through cancer and having to see her loose all her hair...she would always just say "it's just hair! It will grow back!" and surely, before you know it, it does... so don't be too hard on yourself!

sahiba
June 15th, 2008, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Melisande;150531]What I love about TLHC is that don't have to HAVE long hair in order to be welcome here. It's enough that you LOVE and WANT long hair to feel happy here.

That is so very well said.:thumbsup:

Pegasus Marsters
June 15th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Don't worry honey, I went from nearly hip to a pixie last year. I'm back at shoulders now. We can grow out together! :face:

Unofficial_Rose
June 15th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Glad to see you back, Shiin! I seem to remember you as very witty :D.

Shoulder length is quite a nice length - at least you can do a ponytail or french twist!

paradoxx
June 15th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Welcome back Shiin! Think of all the knowledge that you have this time to help you as you grow! :flowers:

Shiin
June 15th, 2008, 02:34 AM
:grouphug:

Thank you everyone for your kind words :flower:

Um Enis
June 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I am about ready to chop off a foot of over-hennaed ends. We can work together!

ETA: At least our hair will be healthy!

SeaPhoenix
June 15th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I'm still chopping off my henna - and will probably be doing a longish layered pixie style cut in about 2 weeks to further this along... (have been contemplating it for the last 3 weeks, but have my chops scheduled for once a month).

Starting all over again can be frustrating - but hair grows... or so I keep telling myself :-)
If some of the wonderful ladies on here can start growing from a bald/shaved hair cut, and wind up with such gorgeous hair... that's definitely a hair inspiration in terms of patience and self control. (for me, the shorter the hair the more tempting it is to mess with it - which would negate growing it out from the start again for healthy virgin hair)