PDA

View Full Version : anyone use long term relationship

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 03:09 PM
i know its full of horrible stuff but my mom who has tbl hair uses it and loves it.. she never gets hair trimmed.. anyone else use it?

MrsGuther
April 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm not familiar with that product. I will be keeping an eye on this thread though. I'm curious now! :)

firefly42
April 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I used it for a while but don't remember if it made much of a difference...maybe i should give it another try!

spidermom
April 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Why do you think it's horrible stuff?

LisaMonster
April 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I have a friend with about waist length hair who uses and loves it. Can't speak from personal experience though.

sarahbrownie
April 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I used it but it left my hair kind of blah. I still haven't finished the bottle.

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
horrible stuff= i heard there was wax in it.. maybe silicone is what i was thinking.. i know for sure it has sls it it!!! trying to stay away from that stuff.. but was wondering if any of yall have good experiences with it..

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
mrsgunther.. you have nice hair to.. how do you get your length so fast?!?!

Kaya
April 4th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I'm going to assume you are referring to the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship line.
I used to use both the shampoo and conditioner and I really liked them. The smell was fabulous and the conditioner always left my hair uber silky and soft.
The reason I stopped using them is that 1.) the shampoo has really harsh ALS and pretty much every other sulfate you can think of and 2.) I switched to using inexpensive non-coney conditioners to fit my daily CO routine. Not because I fear 'cones; on the contrary, my hair adores cones and is extra soft and manageable. I simply chose to use non-cones to see how my hair does and it's quite fine. Plus I don't have so much worry about build-up and weighing-down issues. And you can't beat V05 and Suave for being cheap and easy to stockpile! :)

TheMechaGinger
April 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I used it for a while too and I liked it a lot except for the harsh shampoo aspect so I switched to a non sls one. I still use the conditioner every now and then though, it smells great and makes my hair super soft. I co mostly with vo5 and suave stuff and use conditioners like long term relationship on my ends

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 04:50 PM
and they always have coupons for v05 and suave.. right now im trying garinier fructis triple nutrition.. it has olive avocado and shea oil in it.. my hair loves it.. im just doing co with it.. i just started it last night so i can really say but i let my hair air dry and its soft and shiny.

jasper
April 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I used it with no ill effects that I noticed. In my CWC routine, I really didn't use the shampoo on my length- just scalp only. I switched to suave naturals after that and liked the suave tons better.

Nastasia
April 4th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I used to use Herbal Essences, but it left sooooo much buildup on my hair. You could literally scrape it and come up with white stuff. My hair was quite soft and silky, but limp from all the buildup.

sarahbrownie
April 4th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I like Suave's Professional Avocado and Shea Butter moisture shampoo and condish, but it would seal the deal for me if the condish was a bit more thicker. But the shine from it is amazing!

xoerincolleen
April 4th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I used to use the shampoo and conditioner, but it made my hair shed more than usual, so I switched to Suave Naturals. I also have the long term relationship leave-in conditioner (that is meant to be put on the ends of dry or damp hair) and like that...I use it if my hair is frizzy, it weighs it down and keeps it in check. And I love the way it smells!

sarah061
April 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I use the Herbal Essences' Long Term Relationship split end prevention cream after my shower - I really like it! It makes me hair very soft and manageable and so it doesn't dry in tangles.

I do like Pantene's Split End Prevention Cream better however, because it doesn't leave any product build-up feeling. If I use a lot of the Herbal Essences I can really feel it in my hair and usually need to wash sooner because it looks greasy faster.

vanity_acefake
April 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I used to use it and my hair loved it. Then they discontinued it!
Now they call it beautiful ends (or something like this). I use this instead and love it.
My 7 year old daughters waist length hair loves the conditioner. I use sls free shampoo on her though.

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 09:31 PM
they have it hear in north carolina still!

Copasetic
April 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Long Term Relationship definitely doesn't have any horrible stuff in it! It's in my rotation of shampoos and conditioners. I like it a lot, but the smell is a bit strong for me to use all the time.

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
you dont think sls is horrible? i guess its just me because all poos make my hair shed alot.. like im talking chunks of hair coming out.. i find them all over my room.. its gross...

ladyfey
April 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I wasn't aware of this line until you posted this! I saw it at the grocery store for $2.99 and snapped up the conditioner, I am very happy with my shampoo. SO I love this conditioner! Worked great and smeels good too, price is right and I will repurchase! So thanks for mentioning it!

ncgal25
April 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I personally didnt like the product. The consistency is very heavy like a thick conditioner. Even though its a leave in, I wanted to wash it out after applying it. It just made my hair feel heavy & gross! Ive heard other people rave about it though? I how use Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in. The Aussie isnt a split end protector, but I like it sooo much better for the conditioning! Good luck

FluffSpider
April 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Yes, it's the shampoo I repurchase more often. I dillute it 1:1:1 (shampoo, conditioner and water) and I get the best of both worlds. But then again I'm the one who almost never gets cone buildup...
I used this when I was stretching washes for a week(washing every Sunday) now I'm on CO.
P.S. I don't think much of the conditioner, but the shampoo was great for me

Silverdragn7385
April 10th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I've been using LTR shampoo & conditioner for a few years now, and my hair loves it! I do, however, clarify my hair once a week to get rid of any coney buildup.