PDA

View Full Version : REASSURANCE?? :( was the cut worth it?

claviculanoctis
April 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
I waited too long to do self trims. :(

A combination of moving from Florida to California, getting a new job, returning back to school and now having to look for an apartment has steered my attention away from my hair! >.< The water here is different and have had to change my routine.

My sister convinced me to cut my hair..was it worth it? :/
I loved my old length, but keeping bad ends is no good but im still sad about this!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/FullmoonNecromancy/DSCN0126.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/FullmoonNecromancy/DSCN0135.jpg

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/FullmoonNecromancy/?action=view&current=DSCN0135.jpg

UltraBella
April 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
It looks BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!

Angeldances
April 3rd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Your hair looks amazing, beautiful, shinny.

bigred199
April 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah, your hair looks gorgeous and you have a nice even hemline now!

peronella
April 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Your ends look perfect! I'd say the cut was worth it, Its still long and very beautiful.

MissManda
April 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Your hair looks so soft and glossy! I wish my hemline looked that even!

julliams
April 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
It looks really great. I did like it before but now it looks neat and sits well. I do think it was worth it and I think you still have long hair as it is past waist length on you. It has actually brought out your wave pattern, like it is more obvious and featured now. I hope you learn to like it too because it really looks beautiful.

MeganE
April 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
The hemline looks amazing, but it does look like you lost about 7 or 8 inches. That probably does feel like a loss, but you'll get used it to soon, I'm sure.

And it'll grow back, and in the meantime you have very full ends and you still have quite a lot of stunning length. :)

claviculanoctis
April 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you all so much! :grouphug:

Its not very logical to feel sad about the cut. But I love my hair!-No matter how awkward that sounds!

:flowers:

RecklessCharlie
April 3rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
I would say it was worth it. Its not too drastic a change for you and it does look MUCH healthier :)
You have beautiful hair!

californiagirl
April 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
It was definitely worth it. It looks really really beautiful.

Fufu
April 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
The cut was worth it :) Your hair is stunning.

Debra83
April 3rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
It looks so much better, and it will grow fast, you'll see! Good choice!

McFearless
April 3rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Of course it was worth it. Your hair looks 10000000x better. Such a good haircut!!

Alvrodul
April 4th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Your hair looks beautiful, and I am sure it will grow out to its previous length quickly!
I love your new hemline, so full and straight - and the rest of your hair looks so beautiful and shiny, too!

hanne jensen
April 4th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Your cut was definately worth it! Your hemline is thick and even and your length looks absolutely gorgeous! To avoid this in the future, have you considered dustings every 6-8 weeks?

Ishje
April 4th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Its not very logical to feel sad about the cut. But I love my hair!-No matter how awkward that sounds!

:flowers:

I alway's have exactly the same after a haircut, or even a tiny trim.
but, this was worth it, it looks amazing!

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Your cut was definately worth it! Your hemline is thick and even and your length looks absolutely gorgeous! To avoid this in the future, have you considered dustings every 6-8 weeks?

Dusting....:confused:

please do tell more! :D

christine1989
April 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
It was SO worth it! :) It's still long but after the cut your ends look amazing.

AndreaPetrea
April 4th, 2011, 01:02 AM
In my opinion it looks so much better now! It doesn't look that much shorter because the ends are now healthy looking.

You have beautiful hair :)

kielrain
April 4th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Your hair looks amazing, healthy and beautiful. So wonderfully thick all the way down! I say, worth it.

Phexlyn
April 4th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous, and you have a lovely even hemline to start from if you want to grow it again. I'm sure you'll have your length back soon :flower:

vanity_acefake
April 4th, 2011, 03:04 AM
All I can say is gorgeous.
:)

LovelyL
April 4th, 2011, 05:22 AM
another vote for worth it! the hemline looks gorgeous :)

Firefox7275
April 4th, 2011, 05:23 AM
It doesn't look much shorter, just healthier, and you'd have been so much more upset if you hair had started breaking off all over the place.

bunzfan
April 4th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Your hair looks perfect now. I bet with a nice trim like you have had it will be easier to style and your be back at that length before you know and with healthier ends:)

CrisDee
April 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
The term "dusting" refers to taking off such a teensy weensy bit of length that the hair that ends up on the floor looks like dust. Doesn't alter the length much, but neatens up the hemline.

I am very much a fan of nice, even hemlines, so I think the "after" results are spectacular! :crush:

ooo
April 4th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Yes, it was worth it :) Your hair looks so much better.

ladyveg
April 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM
It was worth it. I wish my hemline looked like that.

MonaLisa
April 4th, 2011, 07:44 AM
yes it was worth it! Looks really good now!stunning! and before the trim it was just..long :)

Sweetie
April 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
of course it was worth it!! If your hair was beautiful before, now it's perfect!!!

LocustSpawning
April 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Your hair looks amazing, and in fantastic condition! Don't regret it at all :)

Speedbump
April 4th, 2011, 08:14 AM
In my experience, it WILL be worth it, although it may not seem so to you now.

I went to a salon after "not dealing with it" years ago and got everything trimmed and evened. While I didn't want to continue going to a salon over time, it really helped me "reboot" my hair. After that, it was easier to grow it out looking nice. I know it feels like a ton of length now, but you'll thank yourself in a year or two. :)

And BTW, your hair is very beautiful. A lovely color and so shiny. You're obviously doing *something* right! :D

CurlyZ
April 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
YES, it was worth it! You did the right thing!
Your ends look sooo much better now!

spidermom
April 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Oh yes, it was worth it, especially if you aren't fighting bad, snarly ends anymore.

CastaDiva
April 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I would say yes, it was worth it:) Your hair looks amazing, so thick and even!! Gorgeous color and shine too:)

telegraph64
April 4th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I just want to bury my nose in that lovely, soft, shiny hair! You made a fine decision for your ends, and I'm sure your new, flawless hemline will last you for quite some time now.

xoerincolleen
April 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
it looks SO much better! it's so glossy and even now, it looks really healthy. your hair will grow back in no time! :)

Kherome
April 4th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It looks so much better!

WaitingSoLong
April 4th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Hello. Losing a lot of length (what is a "lot" varies by person) can be very hard to adjust to and accept. It may feel like it is not your hair anymore. If your hair was, say, BSL to start with, the cut would be a lot more obvious to people. Just because your hair is STILL long after the cut, does not mean the length off was not somewhat traumatic, in hair terms.

My experience with cuts like this is (even ones I was sure I wanted): 1. it takes me a month to get used to it, accept it, and stop wishing I had my other length back. Sometimes longer. 2. The ends go through a sort of shock period that lasts 1-2 weeks after the trim that makes them, well, kind of unruly or "thick" and otherwise difficult. 3. I am hair-embarrassed (valid or not) after a trim or cut and want to hide my hair for awhile until I am comfortable with it. You may not be as torn up about it as I am when it happens to me. It is these things that keep me from trimming my hair as often as I should, thus putting me in your same position. I really need to get that trim.

Your hair looks gorgeous and stunning after the cut. Very healthy and definitely a cause for hair envy. I think you will have it all back in a year's time or less. Worth it or not, it is done, and the results are beautiful. Congratulations on such spectacular hair.

HintOfMint
April 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Absolutely worth it, what a great hemline and gorgeous shine!

Newniepg
April 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Your hair looks beautiful in both picture but looks better in the second one in my opinion. The hem line is really tidy. I probably does feel sad to have trimmed so much but it looks thicker at the ends now and I am sure it will seem to grow nice and fast for you. :)

selderon
April 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I have hair envy. ;) It's shiny, beautiful and looks so thick and healthy.

CTH3989
April 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Sometimes a cut does a world of wonder. I'm sure you'll be at your old length before you know it.

CarpeDM
April 4th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I love the condition of your hair after the cut, it looks so healthy with a nice clean line!

Sanyia
April 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM
It looks wonderful.

If it's any consolation, people notice less the loss of length than you do. I once chopped off a good 6 inches and my boss said "did you do something different with your hair today?"

NouvelleNymphe2
April 4th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Oh wow I think it looks great!! Really, worth it :). Your hemline looks so nice, and your hair looks really shiny and healthy...very nice trim.

TheBluffs
April 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Yes, it was! Your hemline is thicker now, and I'm sure it will be easier to do updoos.

DakarNick
April 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Yes! While it is sad to see the length go, it looks better now and will be long once again. Shorter and healthier is better than longer and damaged!

FlowerTwin
April 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I think it's beautiful and I really like the colour! :)

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hello. Losing a lot of length (what is a "lot" varies by person) can be very hard to adjust to and accept. It may feel like it is not your hair anymore. If your hair was, say, BSL to start with, the cut would be a lot more obvious to people. Just because your hair is STILL long after the cut, does not mean the length off was not somewhat traumatic, in hair terms.

My experience with cuts like this is (even ones I was sure I wanted): 1. it takes me a month to get used to it, accept it, and stop wishing I had my other length back. Sometimes longer. 2. The ends go through a sort of shock period that lasts 1-2 weeks after the trim that makes them, well, kind of unruly or "thick" and otherwise difficult. 3. I am hair-embarrassed (valid or not) after a trim or cut and want to hide my hair for awhile until I am comfortable with it. You may not be as torn up about it as I am when it happens to me. It is these things that keep me from trimming my hair as often as I should, thus putting me in your same position. I really need to get that trim.

I completely agree with you. It will take sometime to get used to the new length, and this is actually how long it take me to adjust to the change! Running my fingers through the hair-its depressing how soon it ends! The ends won't look right to me for a few more weeks.

From what I've read, dusting might help alleviate the need for trims. I have a bad outlook on trims-but it is my fault for putting it off too long to the point where it feels more like a cut. :/

Others might not noticed, but we definitely feel the difference!
So go get that trim!! :bluesmile

Speckla
April 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Your ends looks very healthy! Very very pretty!

Beesweet
April 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I agree: it looks really good. It will grow back in no time. : )

1nuitblanche
April 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Yes - your hair is wonderfully healthy looking!

LaurelSpring
April 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I am still grieving hair I cut 2 years ago. Its hard to adjust. If you have regrets the only thing you can really do is remember not to do it next time if you are tempted to. Whenever I am tempted I remember how I felt.

Seharia
April 4th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I just have to say I love the color of your hair!
Your hair looks lovely now and it seems like it will grow back to your old length in a year or so.
The blunt hemline and waves look worth losing length for.

Slinks
April 4th, 2011, 09:14 PM
it still looks great .. it'll grow back :-)

jeanniet
April 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM
It looks great! I bet the lost length will be back in no time, too. Most of the water in the Bay Area is pretty hard, and if you're on a well it'll have minerals as well. A weak citric acid final rinse has been very helpful for my hair (we have hard well water).

lw8666
April 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Beautiful!!!!! I love your new thick hemline!

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM
It looks great! I bet the lost length will be back in no time, too. Most of the water in the Bay Area is pretty hard, and if you're on a well it'll have minerals as well. A weak citric acid final rinse has been very helpful for my hair (we have hard well water).

:D Thank you jeanniet that is very helpful! I will look into that! One thing I've come to find is that cones works for me here in the Bay Area whereas in Florida after a few uses it would dry out my hair really badly. I don't know if that makes any sense? Does it?:confused:

In Florida suave+biolage was enough to have waves and here my whole routine has had to change! Diluted shampoo seems to work. I now CWC. I no longer can achieve the minty scalp goodness from Giovanni TTT! :(

What products would you recommend?

NotInPortland
April 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
It looks great after the trim, you have beautiful hair! :) It's funny you made this thread-I'm going through the same dilemma myself right now! My ends are damaged, there's no more denying it at this stage, they really need to be cut,but....I love my length as it is now :( For the past month or two I've been going back and forth from yes I'll get a big trim to no I'll hold out longer!! I just don't want to deal with it! But I find I can't really enjoy having my hair down anymore because the ends don't look good so I'll probably end up getting a few inches cut off like you but I'm worried I'm really going to miss that bit of length that finally made me feel like my hair was actually long. So, I understand your worry but it does look great so I think maybe I'll have to do the same with my hair too!

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 10:45 PM
It looks great after the trim, you have beautiful hair! :) It's funny you made this thread-I'm going through the same dilemma myself right now! My ends are damaged, there's no more denying it at this stage, they really need to be cut,but....I love my length as it is now :( For the past month or two I've been going back and forth from yes I'll get a big trim to no I'll hold out longer!! I just don't want to deal with it! But I find I can't really enjoy having my hair down anymore because the ends don't look good so I'll probably end up getting a few inches cut off like you but I'm worried I'm really going to miss that bit of length that finally made me feel like my hair was actually long. So, I understand your worry but it does look great so I think maybe I'll have to do the same with my hair too!

You should take a picture of your current hair state! :p My sister actually took the before picture, then sent it to my friend who is also her boyfriend and he drew a line at the point where he thought I should cut it! (draw tick marks at trim point? we will give you feedback! :D I know I will!)

You will miss the length because I sure do! Hehe but its ok. It will feels so much better than before. Holding out longer won't improve your ends. Don't make the trim turn out to be a cut!

evampr18
April 4th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Oh my gosh I thought it was going to be a crazy cut! You scared me. I think it looks very beautiful and definitely worth it. Gorgeous hemline....

MissMB
April 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Wooow so worth it. I did the same thing last December!
I'm so happy I did.

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Wooow so worth it. I did the same thing last December!
I'm so happy I did.

In 3 months time I might be happy about it too!
And thank you! ;)

Dragon
April 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I liked the before pitcher but you new hemline looks great.

skyblue
April 5th, 2011, 03:35 AM
your hair is gorgeous! My hair looks similar to yours and I'm having the same thing happen too, ekk I know I need at least 3 inches cut, I'm at TBL now and I really hate to cut but if I don't it will just get worse, I think you did the right thing it looks healthy and your hem line looks full! You'll get your length back before you know it!!

PorkChop
April 5th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Lovely colour by the way :)

Cupofmilk
April 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Yes it was worth it it looks great and it is definately shampoo ad worthy.

I am going to go against every one else here and say - my hair looks much more like the before picture but mine is much wavier... I have decided not to trim. But I don't like even hemlines on me and want fairytale ends. Which I am going to have.