PDA

View Full Version : Before And After Lhc!

JuneBride
April 2nd, 2011, 03:36 PM
My hair and I love LHC...and here is proof!!!

I didn't know about LHC when the picture on the left was taken,

and after finding LHC in September of 2010...my life and hair have clearly changed for the better :cheese:

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/trdegray/HAIR%202011/April2011Dry-1-1.jpg

Fairlight63
April 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
WOW!!! That is a big change! Your hair is Beautiful!! What did you change in your routine?

missoj
April 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Your hair is looking great.

Oksana
April 2nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Your hair looks so healthy now, i cant wait to see it longer :)

christi.adell
April 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
Beautiful. I also wonder what you changed, please let us know. :)

GlassWidow
April 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
You give me so much to hope for! Your hair is just beautiful. :)

silverjen
April 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Double wow! Well done.

Seharia
April 2nd, 2011, 04:08 PM
Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous now!
I can't believe it improved so much in just a year.

nazzooyzo
April 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
wow amazing!

Rennire
April 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM
It's beautiful! And so healthy looking too! I'm so happy that you found us! =)

smileycat
April 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
So glossy and sleek... nice work!

kanzer
April 2nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
What a difference, it looks fantastic! Well done! :)

Sophiawavyhair
April 2nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Beautiful! Pls tell us about your routine ! :)

GlassWidow
April 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
I know JuneBride CO washes, because we've run across each other on that thread. I'd love to know what else, though! ;)

owlathena
April 2nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
Your hair is beautiful!

princessp
April 2nd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on that massive improvement wow!

MissCoco
April 2nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Wow, beautiful result! Keep up the good work! :D

EricaLee83
April 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
What a difference, I too would love to know what changes you made.

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
Your hair is very beautiful now! i'm new and very happy LHC gives this kind of results! ;)

knoxkatie
April 2nd, 2011, 05:19 PM
That is incredible progress!

Thank you for posting the pictures. Posts like this give those of us who look more like the first picture (like me) inspiration :)

MoonlightShadow
April 2nd, 2011, 05:57 PM
the health of your hair is just amazing! =D it looks so beautiful. the ends of your hair look so healthy :)

Pumpkin
April 2nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
Oh wow!!!! Your hair looks beautiful....whatever you are doing, keep it up!!

ooo
April 2nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
The time you spend in the forum totally paid off.

soni92
April 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM
WOW! your hair looks amaaaazing girl! What did you do?? Such an inspiration!! Hope to see my hair similar to yours by the end of this year (:

JuneBride
April 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hi, thanks for all of your comments...my routine is on my profile page...and I will be updating it tonight...but the biggest change I made was: I stopped using shampoo all together and I only "CO wash." (CO Washing with alternating V05, Suave and Aussie 3MM.) Also, over the course of 2010 I got one trim every three months...and now I am going six months between trims because I have evened out and now I just need to maintain to gain length but still trim to clean up dead ends (and YES, even though it looks like I have sleek ends, I do have a lot of splits at the moment and plan a trim in May 2011.)

PS: No Shampoo means way less shedding for me...which leads to the "thicker" and "fuller" look in the right picture ;)

Jane.mcg
April 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Wow, thank you for posting those pics. You give me hope!

charalito
April 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Excellent progress! Your hair looks amazing :)

Dragon
April 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
What a difference. Looks great :)

Angeldances
April 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
WOW! beautiful!

fairystar32
April 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Your hair looks amazing xx

PiroskaCicu
April 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Your hair is looking so healthy and beautiful!!! Lovely! :)

JuneBride
April 2nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
Thank You Everyone!!!

Merkaba
April 2nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
A vast improvement! Looks really good now. Tell us what you changed :)

alxardnax
April 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Incredible difference! Congrats!

Dark Queen
April 3rd, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hi, thanks for all of your comments...my routine is on my profile page...and I will be updating it tonight...but the biggest change I made was: I stopped using shampoo all together and I only "CO wash." (CO Washing with alternating V05, Suave and Aussie 3MM.) Also, over the course of 2010 I got one trim every three months...and now I am going six months between trims because I have evened out and now I just need to maintain to gain length but still trim to clean up dead ends (and YES, even though it looks like I have sleek ends, I do have a lot of splits at the moment and plan a trim in May 2011.)

PS: No Shampoo means way less shedding for me...which leads to the "thicker" and "fuller" look in the right picture ;)

Your hair is incredibly shiny! May I ask how you effectively CO wash? My problem is if I don't shampoo every so often, my hair gets overly greasy. How do you keep yours looking so healthy?

Loreley
April 3rd, 2011, 01:47 AM
Great progress! :D

AndreaPetrea
April 3rd, 2011, 01:49 AM
That's amazing - what a change! Your hair is beautiful :)

Allychan
April 3rd, 2011, 01:57 AM
Wow:agape:!! Your 'old' hair looks like mine currently does :(. I can only hope my hair starts to look half as good as ours does now.. Persistance and patience pays off in the end

JuneBride
April 3rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you !!

Chamy
April 3rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
It looks sooo much thicker. You have done a really good job since joining i must say.

Vorvolaka
April 3rd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Gah, look at the shine! It's fabulous!

angela123
April 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
lucky duck!!! i cant look at your profile cause im a "new user" lol! but i love your hair! so thick and full.. i want to achieve this so badly.. can you please copy and paste the routine. or can anyone copy and paste it for me.

Rocket22
April 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Junebride your hair is amazing, whatever you are doing it's working! your hair will be absolutely stunning at bsl!

jojo
April 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Looks so much better and looks like your layers have caught up too, whatever your doing; keep doing!

xoerincolleen
April 3rd, 2011, 10:03 AM
wow, it looks so thick and healthy!

tinywife
April 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
WOW what a dramatic difference! I love it!

Jcv-Shelley
April 3rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
This is a great accomplishment! Lucky you :D

californiagirl
April 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
Woah! I can't believe that is even possible!

CurlAhead
April 3rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
I LOVE your hair, so beautiful! Great job on evening the hair out as well, and so much improvements in just on year! I am not envy at all, not at all!! :D

(okay, I am) :thudpile:

JuneBride
April 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 12:13 AM
LHC! :hifive:

kielrain
April 4th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing and so healthy now!

sorraia
April 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM
What a great motivator to keep trying for beautiful healthy hair. Thanks for posting.

Ranee
April 4th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Wow, in only one year? It looks great!

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
can someone post her routine please i cant see it.. i keep trying to post more just so i can see her routine.. i really wanna get my hair like that, and i wanna try what she did!

HintOfMint
April 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
DANG. Lovely.

Nago
April 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
:Q__ I love your hair!

Vercelli
April 4th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Well, that IS an inspiration! WOW!:shocked:How did you get that hemline??? Congrats!

I want a hemline like this please.:patrol::eyebrows:

Yozhik
April 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Beautiful, JuneBride! :flower:

Great progress. :)

sorraia
April 4th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I just wrote to JuneBride and asked her if she would come back here and share her hair care regime.
So we shall see....
JuneBride!
JuneBride!
JuneBride! This is my attempt for an encore.

MrsGuther
April 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM
JuneBride, your hair is looking great!!! It looks very healthy and shiny!!! Keep up the good work, and happy growing!

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 04:18 PM
thank you so much sorraia

JuneBride
April 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Hi, thanks for your all of your comments...my routine is on my profile page (I WILL CUT AND PASTE IT HERE for those who have asked as well as (and maybe especially for) those who do not have access to my page)...but the biggest change I made was I stopped using shampoo all together and I only CO wash (learned on the LHC). Over the course of 2010 I got one trim every three months. And now I am going six months between trims because I have evened out and now I just need to maintain to gain length but still trim to clean up dead ends. PS: No Shampoo means way less shedding for me and less heat styling and harsh shampoo means less dead/split ends.

Biography
I am a happily married woman and someone who is trying to re-grow my hair...damaged by bleach (see pic of bleach damage in my Hair Journey album)...it's just coming back to life now! I want to learn how to get it 100% healthy and maintain it that way...as well as grow it long, long, long!!! Well, at least to BSL :) I love that a thing such as TLHC exists, and I believe shampoo is evil and dries out my hair if used too often.
I invented my own meal plan (not a diet, just a way of eating healthy). I love to read, especially food blogs and just about ANY magazines!
Interests
Long Healthy Hair, Cooking, Reading, Eating and Living Healthy!
Occupation
N/A
Starting Hair Length (Inches)
-APL
Current Hair Length (Inches)
APL+
Goal Hair Length (Inches)
BSL+
Hair Type - First Classifier
1b
Hair Type - Second Classifier
F/M
Hair Type - Third Classifier
i/ii
Haircare Routine
I consistently CO wash.My hair hates shampoo and sheds a lot if I use it.I try to let it air dry after washings (or I lightly blow dry it if it gets too late/too cold).Sometimes I put a tiny bit of Organix Coconut Serum on the ends while it's wet or damp...trying desperately to prevent split ends!!! I use Monistat on+off to accelerate growth. I have tried jojoba, coconut, EVOO + avocado oils, my hair seems to like avocado.My hair is 80% back to its natural color** after the bleach disaster (see my Progress Album for pics of that).I am trying hard to quit heat but its not easy to give up totally! I wear my hair up a lot but not always.I have learned to love my life without bangs...and I have come to accept my big forehead hahaha!!! My ultimate goal is to get to and maintain Healthy BSL.Last Trim = November 2010; Next Planned Trim = MAYBE May 2011...but we'll see if I can hold out longer! hehehe!

**I have about 20% of the bleach damage left on the ends but its currently covered with Natural Instincts.

INFO ON MY CO ROUTINE:
I CO Every Day! and I color once in a while with Natural Instincts and it helps keep the color longer. So I suppose it would be the same for henna!

I tried CO'ing because it sounded easy and good for my then-very dry hair and I noticed a major change almost right away, my hair was way more soft, shiney, manageable and tangle-free. PLUS and this is what got my hooked: it STOPPED my massive shedding. So I see it this way: Shampoo = SHEDDING for me and Shampoo is EVIL and I will never use it again!!!!

This is how I CO:

I wet my hair, glop on conditioner (sometimes diluted...if you dilute the conditioner a little with water and mix it well it will coat your scalp better and penetrate you hair more – see below), put a shower cap on, then wash/shave/relax, etc for at least 10 minutes. Then I comb thru my hair with a wide tooth plastic comb and rinse the consitioner out.

CO WASHING IS A MIRACLE and you can LOOK at my pictures on my profile for evidence of the changes it has bestowed upon me and my hair!!!!!

BTW, the reason it "washes" your hair and the reason you want it on your scalp is...Conditioner actually has a mild detergent in it, it just takes a little longer to work...where as shampoo is all detergent and is VERY harsh.

The Story of a CO Wash Break-Through:

I stopped using shampoo in the Fall of 2010 and have not looked back once!

I Conditioner-Only Wash (aka CO Wash) my hair once a day by wetting my hair upon entering the shower, glopping on the conditioner* of my choice, covering my hair with a shower cap while I shave/wash/relax ect...leaving the conditioner on for at least 10 minutes. Then I comb the conditioner through my hair with a wide-tooth plastic comb, and rinse the conditioner out.

One night I noticed I didn't have quite enough of one "flavor" of conditioner that I wanted to use. So, I added water.

BINGO!!!

Adding a little water and shaking the bottle to mix it in creates a very smooth, thin, yet creamy conditioner that goes deep through your wet hair and coats your scalp very well. In that regard it cleanses your scalp way better then if you use straight conditioner!!!

So! That was my little discovery...thought I would pass it on

*My favorite brands are VO5, Suave and Aussie 3MM

Personally, I think my diet has 50% to do with my hear health, and LHC and the way I have learned to care for my hair is the other 50%.

If you (anyone) has any questions, please post them and I will try my best to answer.

Hope this helps!

sorraia
April 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
You are welcome Angela..... glad you asked.

And a big Thank You to JuneBride for coming back and sharing,
your contribution in helping us have long healthy hair is very much appreciated.

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
ahh i was wondering why i have been shedding so much.. i thought i was because i ruined my hair really bad! i will be doing co wash only now.. im about to take all the shampoo and put it under my sink so its not there to use when im in the shower! :)

JuneBride
April 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM
ahh i was wondering why i have been shedding so much.. i thought i was because i ruined my hair really bad! i will be doing co wash only now.. im about to take all the shampoo and put it under my sink so its not that to use when im in the shower! :)

When I started CO'ing I did the same thing...and one night I said let's shampoo one more time to see if this is for real...not only did I lose a handful of hair in that one night...I then took ALL the shampoo in my house and gave it away or threw out the almost-empty ones!!!!!!!!

The shampoo industry has lost a customer!!! LOL! I will NEVER purchase shampoo again! I think my hair will be shampooed 2 times a year now...at the hairdressers when I go for my trims!

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
the only poo i left out is the suave clarifying one for when i put gel in my hair so it curls right! but all the others are now sitting at the bottom of sink waiting to be giving away or traded on here.. i have almost full bottles of some.

JuneBride
April 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
the only poo i left out is the suave clarifying one for when i put gel in my hair so it curls right! but all the others are now sitting at the bottom of sink waiting to be giving away or traded on here.. i have almost full bottles of some.

CO will get the gell out as well, if not better than shampoo! ...just sayin'

angela123
April 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
oh really? hmm never heard that before.. will def try next time!

JuneBride
April 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
and instead of gel, try Paull Mitchell Super Skinny

McFearless
April 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Beautiful before and beautiful now. Congrats!

telegraph64
April 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
What a magnificent difference! Congratulations on achieving such a distinct change in hemline.

angela123
April 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
im bumping this because i think it deserves it!

JamieLeigh
April 5th, 2011, 02:20 AM
What a difference a year under the LHC roof can make! :D It looks gorgeous!

Sometimes just taking your hair care routine into your own hands, instead of letting a stylist who follows societal trends make all the decisions, can work wonders. :)

JuneBride
April 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
What a difference a year under the LHC roof can make! :D It looks gorgeous!

Sometimes just taking your hair care routine into your own hands, instead of letting a stylist who follows societal trends make all the decisions, can work wonders. :)

YOU SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!!

Alexannee10
April 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
WOW! Congrats' ;)

Slinks
April 6th, 2011, 12:58 AM
wow ... what they said !! well done :-)

JuneBride
April 6th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Thank you all :)

Anathema
April 6th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Personally, I think my diet has 50% to do with my hear health, and LHC and the way I have learned to care for my hair is the other 50%.

First of all; Congratulations to your huge improvement on your hair! It looks amazing now!

I'm curious about that diet though, so I'm wondering if you could maybe post something about it? Did you change your diet at the same time as you started to focusing more on your hair health? What is it about your diet that you think works for the improvements?

Kisa
April 6th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Wow. That's an incredible improvement! Your hair look so beautiful and healthy now.

AMW
April 6th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I just got started here and hope to have to same results as you did =)

joyfulheart18
April 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I have a question for June Bride. When I stopped using shampoo and only used conditioner, I got greasy gross hair, so I switched to a sulfate free shampoo cleanser. Did you ever have that experience, and how did you overcome it? Thank you. :)

chicken
April 7th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Wow... such a great progress. Your hair looks wonderful.

okiesarah
April 7th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Very nice hair! I don't have chemical damage from coloring or anything, but I've noticed that since I graduated high school my hair has been thinning a lot and I lose tons of hair every day. I'm in my first week of CO washing, and I can only hope my hair gets the same results yours did. That would be awesome.

BlueCanary
April 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
WOW! You're a true inspiration! My hair is long, but could definitely stand some improvement. I need to start trying CO wash.

Guccigirlxx
April 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Wow! It looks great! thanks for the tips, as well! :D

JuneBride
April 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I have a question for June Bride. When I stopped using shampoo and only used conditioner, I got greasy gross hair, so I switched to a sulfate free shampoo cleanser. Did you ever have that experience, and how did you overcome it? Thank you. :)

I never had a problem, CO work for me right from the start. I CO everyday!

JuneBride
April 7th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I also sleep with a warm air humidifier...have been for the last few months.

sorraia
April 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I am curious to how you and the other members on this thread wear their hair while sleeping.
Just lately I've decided to wear mine up in a sock bun or soft scrunchy after oiling.
I also started using my silk pillow case again.

Karmi
April 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Wow, what a remarkable difference, JuneBride!

Sorraia, I usually leave my hair loose while sleeping (I have slightly longer than BSL) because when I braid, it is incredibly uncomfortable to sleep on (my hair is 4" thick) and because of that i feel more damage is done. I rather like the ease and comfort of flopping my hair behind my pillow (silk case).

anniebelle
April 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny! :)

JuneBride
April 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I am curious to how you and the other members on this thread wear their hair while sleeping.
Just lately I've decided to wear mine up in a sock bun or soft scrunchy after oiling.
I also started using my silk pillow case again.

I sleep with it loose. But I have noticed as it gets longer...sometimes I wake up feeling like I have been attacked by it...its all over my face and neck, lol! But I have tried to braid it...pony-tail it, etc...and none of it was comfy.

My mother always sleeps with a satin sleep cap...my father accepted it a long time ago hahahaha...my husband would make fun of me lol...

So what is the answer?!?!

sorraia
April 9th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Hi Junebride-

One thing you can try is what I do.
Wear the sock bun on top of your head not directly behind.
When I go to put the sock on I lean over while rolling the hair up through the
sock so the bun is located on the very top of my head. It stays out of the way while I sleep and I don't even feel that it is there. Plus this helps keep my pillow clean from all the oil I may have soaking in my hair.

Kalypso
April 9th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Wow... just wow. Love your hair!

JuneBride
April 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LittleOrca
April 9th, 2011, 08:04 PM
It looks wonderful. Did you lose weight as well or is the white shirt just extra baggy?

JuneBride
April 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
It looks wonderful. Did you lose weight as well or is the white shirt just extra baggy?

LOL Come to think about it...I probably lost a pound or 2 but it was just a baggy work shirt ;)

rockprincess
April 11th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Wow!!! Congratulations on your success! :) Just a few months ago, my hair looked just like your "Before" picture. I hope I can get mine looking as beautiful as your "After" picture! Congrats again! It looks gorgeous! :)

JuneBride
April 11th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhockstarr
April 11th, 2011, 05:10 PM
fabulous progress! <3

iluvkorn
April 11th, 2011, 06:50 PM
great progress!! i only hope i can achieve similar results.

JuneBride
April 11th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Thank u!!!!!!!!!!

Tressie
April 11th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I want to add my congratulations to all the rest!! Great looking hair!! (o:

gattina
April 12th, 2011, 12:18 AM
it looks a thousand times thicker as well!!!! beautiful

JuneBride
April 12th, 2011, 06:01 AM
it looks a thousand times thicker as well!!!! beautiful

I think that is due to less shedding which is due CO'ing. Shampoo causes me to shed, since giving it up...my hair thickened up!!!

Thank you for your comment!!!

Capybara
April 12th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Wonderful progress! It looks soo healthy :)

JuneBride
April 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Wonderful progress! It looks soo healthy :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Debra83
April 17th, 2011, 03:17 AM
So, can you tell us about your diet changes as well? Remarkable difference.

JuneBride
April 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I eat a balanced diet. Oatmeal in the morning with fruit, a big salad either for lunch or dinner. Sometimes I drunk protein shakes and I take a multi vitamin every day. Thanks for your compliment!!

dulce
April 25th, 2011, 05:31 PM
wow-it looks loke a completely different head of hair!

racrane
April 25th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Your hair looks amazing! It gives me hope, too. It's lovely!

JuneBride
April 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
wow-it looks loke a completely different head of hair!

LOL, I know...right?!?! LOL!

JuneBride
April 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Your hair looks amazing! It gives me hope, too. It's lovely!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsGuther
April 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
JuneBride- your hair looks wonderful! Awesome hemline you have there now! It looks like your hair has gotten very healthy and happy since you found LHC. :)

Siaraven
April 26th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Wow what a differece between the two pictures! My hair is more like the first at the minute, but now iv found LHC hopefully my hair will be beautiful like your second pic!

Congrats! :D

MonaLisa
April 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
What a change! :agree: Congrats!!!

JuneBride
April 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thank you all so much for your comments and support on my journey :) I scheduled my first trim in 6 months...for May. Wish me luck! hope she only cuts a 1/4 of an inch!!!!