PDA

View Full Version : What type of store or department in store to find clear aloe vera gel?

shikara
April 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
The only aloe vera gel I can seem to find is green and has a lot of other ingredients in it. Just what am I looking for when searching for this product that so many people like?

Anje
April 2nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I tend to find it by the lotions or sunblocks. I usually get the Fruit of the Earth stuff at Walmart, which tends to be tucked in near the cosmetics, with the lotions. I think Walgreens tends to keep theirs near the sunblocks.

Not sure what you have available to you in the Great White North, but that should at least help you in finding the correct store section.

patienceneeded
April 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Fruit of the Earth 100% natural Aloe Vera Gel. It is clear and has no other ingredients in it. I have found it at stores like Target/Fred Meyers/Walmart/Walgreens, etc. It is easier to find during the spring/summer when it is sunny and the suncreen/aloe section of the stores grows larger. ;) I have also found it in the travel-size section of stores in smaller bottles, generally during the winter. I'm keeping my eyes open for a large bottle now that the sun has finally made an appearance.

Firefox7275
April 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Some of the extra ingredients are needed to make a liquid into a gel and preserve it - apparently if it is not stabilised some of the constituents will destroy the beneficial components. If you choose an organic product you will usually get fewer ingredients, as only certain additives are permitted. The brand I have is Aloe Pura but that is in the UK.

shikara
April 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone! Firefox, I kind of thought that might be the case with the ingredients! And yes, we have a Walmart here so guess where I'm going:eyebrows:

luxepiggy
April 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
I always see it next to the sunblock at Walgreen's / CVS type places or at the grocery store.

GRU
April 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone! Firefox, I kind of thought that might be the case with the ingredients! And yes, we have a Walmart here so guess where I'm going:eyebrows:

At every (USA) Walmart I've ever been in, the CLEAR aloe (Fruit of the Earth brand with the blue lid) is over with the hand lotions, on the VERY BOTTOM SHELF. (the green stuff for sunburn is in with the sunscreen stuff)

The last time I bought some, I couldn't find it *anywhere*, even though I had purchased it in that same store before. I finally got on my hands and knees (yes, in the middle of Wally World! :o) and found some kind of "hidden" about 8" back on the bottom shelf.

It might help to familiarize yourself with what the bottle looks like, so you don't have to read each and every bottle on each and every shelf. Here's a picture (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fruit-Of-The-Earth-Aloe-Vera-Gel-12-oz/10314797) to give you an idea.

CaityBear
April 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
I'm also in Canada and I've found it in Walmart, around the sunscreens and self tanners. Make sure you check ALL shelves. I tend to find it on the very top or very bottom.

(I'm talking about the Fruit of the Earth stuff, too. lol)