PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Body!

mellie
June 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I got compliments yesterday on my body! I mean, my hair's body...:-)

Everyone asked me, what did you do differently? Your hair looks great!

What I had done was: I shampooed my hair by kneeling over the side of the bathtub, rather than in the shower as usual. So I was actually washing my hair upside down.

When it dried, it had tons more body than usual. Talk about BIG hair!

cindy58
June 14th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, might have to try that. It sounds like a lot more trouble than the shower though!

Anje
June 14th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I think there are quite a few people around here who wash upside down, usually because they feel they get better access to their scalp or because they dislike hairs traveling... south.

Flipping my head over usually results in some tangling, though, so I tend to wash upright.

tiny_teesha
June 14th, 2008, 08:20 AM
well i dried my hair up in a turban once and all my hairs were standing up...
I guess that is the whole "bow dry your hair upside down" thing i suppose! :)
I always thought if someone BBB the hair upsidedown but not the canopy it would achieve a similar result- i am yet to develop a success with that!

shrimp
June 14th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I always wash like this, I have no clue how anyone manages to wash their hair on the shower :ponder: It really does help me get to the roots better.

paper
June 14th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Great compliment :) Interesting idea too.

Teresa9000
June 14th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I've flipped my hair over and washed it like that in the shower before and noticed the same results. My hair is still relatively short (for this forum, anyway), so I didn't end up with extra tangles from it.

zule
June 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I used to wash my hair this way and had the extra body result, particularly if I let it dry that way and brushed it out that way. But that's when I was brushing right through knots and tangles, breaking hairs, etc.

Once I discovered showers, however, and gave up baths, I learned the tangle-free way to wash. Never looked back. I can get to the roots very easily and a brush hasn't touched my head in three years. Gently, gently through snaggles. It's made a difference, I think, in the health of my hair.

Dacia
June 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I always wash this way; hair tends to tangle around the ears as it twists, but there's no problem if you don't comb it wet, right away. After I remove my turban, I use 2-3 big claw clips to hold the form and keep the hair away from scalp. It's comfortable, it dries faster at roots, with more body and the lenght remains hydrated.

SweetPea88
June 14th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Sounds like a nice idea, but the last time I washed my hair upside down (years ago) my hair was a BIG tangled mess. I don't usually detangle or comb until my hair is dry so that would be a bit...interesting!

Thanks for sharing, though. I'm glad it worked so well for you!

LaCitoyenne
June 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
That's how I rinse conditioner out. It's amazing how much the shower doesn't get it all.

Toadstool
June 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have put my sacro-iliac joint out washing my hair over the side of the bath so don't do it any more...:-(

mellie
June 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Yikes - I don't know what the sacro-iliac joint is but it sounds painful!

rhubarbarin
June 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I wash upside-down cause I can get to my scalp better, then rinse a little, then stand up under to showing to finger-comb, detangle and finish rinsing.. best of both worlds.

Doing it all one way or the other means I end up with hair that's never quite rinsed enough, tangley, or frizzy.

Phalaenopsis
June 14th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Completely impossibel for me, I just get superdupertangly hair :(

Toadstool
June 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Yikes - I don't know what the sacro-iliac joint is but it sounds painful!
Indeed it was!!When I told the chiropractor I'd been washing my hair over the side of the bath he was like "Yeah, that would do it."
So people be warned!!! :):