PDA

View Full Version : A question! Don't laugh!

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Ok, so to clear this first, i am a girl, and a human, not an alien or so :poot: But i can't seem to understand the difference between hip, tailbone and BCL lengths!! It's somehow all there? so which is the longest? what is the difference? Perhpas hip comes first if it counts as a very beginning of hip? Help:eek:

teela1978
April 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
Bodies are different, so the markers are a bit different on everyone. Generally on LHC, hip is at your hipbones, tailbone is where your tailbone is (some people say butt crack is tailbone... they must have vertical smiles that start much lower than mine!).

aggie_deirde
April 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
The longest is tailbone.It's were the end of your spine is.Then it's bcl(butt crack length) and then hip.Hip is where two bones are sticking up in the front.Does it makes any sense?

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Ok that clears a bit the tailbone and BCL, but lets see hip....if i wear low cut jeans...hip is where those start? just an example

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Yes it totally makes sense! damn my spine ends just a little bit below BCL :D

jojo
April 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
yes hipster jeans is around hip, bcl is where the erm bum crack starts :D and tb is the where the spine bone ends it feels like a tail!

EricaLee83
April 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Ha ha MonaLisa, I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for clearing it up everyone :)

phobsftw
April 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
I think the longest is tailbone on most people.

pepperminttea
April 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
In order from shortest to longest: Waist is the narrowest part of your torso, just under your ribcage normally. Hip is the widest part, where low-rise jeans sit. BCL is butt-crack length, where your vertical smile starts. Tailbone is a little bit longer than BCL, where your spine ends; some people can feel the bone in that area (I can't, but I have more 'natural padding' in my way ;) ).

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
thank you! This does it! I still think BCL and TB should look almost the same! Good news is, I might be at hip! :eek::D

angelraver
April 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Im not familiar with all this jargon too. All I know is bra-strap length and waist length! :)

teela1978
April 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
thank you! This does it! I still think BCL and TB should look almost the same! Good news is, I might be at hip! :eek::D
Can you feel your hipbones in the front? That would be hip in my measuring plan. On me, BCL and TB are probably 4-6 inches apart, I'm surprised that they're so close on you (and I can feel mine even with padding)!

CaityBear
April 2nd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Haha I didn't even know what BCL was...I just consider that tailbone....

Firefox7275
April 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM

They are almost the same. Once people get past waist I think it gets tougher and tougher to get to the next milestone, because you have to deal with splits and breaks and some hairs reaching terminal. So the markers are closer together to keep people motivated. :)

princessp
April 2nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
I wish BCL and TB were the same thing because then I'd be at tailbone! The distance is about 2-3 inches for me~sigh.

julliams
April 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Here is an interesting comment though - when I am sewing and have to take a hip measurement, I have to measure the widest part of my hip. That particular measurement would be longer than tailbone. And if you said "put your hands on your hips" they would be closer to my waist. This is possibly where the confusion stems from.

For me, I think it makes most sense to say that hip is to the hip bone at the front (can I find those anymore???) I have these little dimples at the top of my "ahem" butt so I'm using them as my "hip" location. I don't know if everyone has these but I've always had them.

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 05:26 PM
My hair is kind of V shape and layered ( Im still too noob to post pics :( ) so in front it's not reaching those hip bones definitely, but in the back...hmmm definitely i think. My BCL - TB difference is about 2 inches. Yeah it appears that way because all other ' differences' are a lot bigger. This really made me question my body shape :D never paid so much attention before.

MonaLisa
April 2nd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Yes! that's what confused me at first! when you measure hips, you do take widest part, so somewhere around the butt, even below BCL, and i never really reached to find TB before :D

spidermom
April 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
On me, it's hip, then BCL, then tailbone. My hair is at the very top of my tailbone now, but I'm calling it.

Sunsailing
April 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm glad someone finally brought this up!

Maybe it's different for women, but there certainly isn't much difference between hip and tailbone lengths on me!

Nae
April 2nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Rofl, I love this place!! Only on LHC do we all actually sit around and talk about the really important questions.

You know, the imponderables like, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" and "Is your tailbone higher than your butt crack or vice versa?" :rollin:

I can honestly say I have never checked before......but now I am getting kinda curious.:hmm:

curlychica702
April 2nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
hip length is to the bones that stick out below ur stomach tailbone is to ur tailbone (im not quite sure where that is) but i think its to where your but crack begins, and i dont know what bcl means but cl is classic llength and is where ur bum meets your thighs(:

MonaLisa
April 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Curlychica, BCL is where your butt crack begins :D now you see why i was confused :p

before someone else asked what BCL stands for, some time ago, while i was lurking around, i thought BCL = all Before Classic Length!
:oops:

ingvild
April 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
I also wondered what BCL was. I figured it was "back crease length" and by "crease" I mean those dimples-kind-of many people have on the small of their back. What, in my Norwegian head that made a lot of sense :p Butt crack length didn't even begin to cross my mind. Man, abbreviations can be so hard sometimes.