PDA

View Full Version : what type of pixie cut....

breeanna92
April 1st, 2011, 05:32 PM
I just got a pixie cut today and I was wondering,for those of you who got pixies to start new:), what exactly to you guys ask the hairstlyist to do to your hair...like did you bring in a picture or just tell them to chop it off?? and how long did it take to grow it to at least shoulder length?? and about how long do u think it would take to grow it all to one length?? Please post pictures of your pixies... if you can, i can't veiw albums yet lol

spidermom
April 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM
Last time I pixied was to get rid of a new perm that fried my hair, so the stylist took it as short as she could and still leave some hair. I wasn't rid of that perm until the second hair cut.

NouvelleNymphe2
April 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM
I took a picture of Victoria Beckham's pixie here's a pic (http://www.mynewhair.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/17-victoria-beckham-hairstyle-short-pixie.jpg) to a walk-in salon. My hair was very damaged, and I just wanted to start over. Because of all of the chemical processing it was growing in very slow at first. However in the last 6 months it has really started to grow again :). All around about 2 years to get to a healthy plus and minus chin, and honestly the bulk of the growth has been, like I said above, just in the last 6 months.

breeanna92
April 1st, 2011, 05:48 PM
wow thats encouraging...by the way what is a "healthy plus"?? i don't know all the long hair terms yet lol

NouvelleNymphe2
April 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that my hair is at plus and minus chin length...so it's still a bit uneven. There are a few layers above my chin and a few layers below. That is just my silly writing style:hmm:.

kwaniesiam
April 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
The layers are hell to grow out. Especially the top ones because you'll end up with the dreaded mullet effect as the top catches up to the rest. If you have a style with a longer front it's not quite as bad, just be patient and trim the bottom layers to allow it to blend as it grows out to avoid the awkward stages looking too goofy.

Messyhair
April 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
I just tend to keep my hair at around a 1" crop when I'm not growing it out. I just tell them to chop it down to about an inch all over, and use scissors to cut around the ears, if I'm getting it shaped around the ears, and to shorten the nape (no clippers!).

To have shoulder length hair, it took me about a year of growing, but that's with some cleaning up for the first 6 months because I had graduation to attend. After that, I just let it grow without cleaning up the shape.

This would be somewhere a little after my last pixie cut before growing out:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hgallant/jan09.jpg

nazzooyzo
April 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM
my pixie last august
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2742/photo1cd.jpg (http://img546.imageshack.us/i/photo1cd.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

am currently at chin length

breeanna92
April 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
messyhair.. I they used clippers around my ears!! i like your hair in front of the ears better!! i thought it was odd when they used them...its like choppy in that area i wanted a wispy look in that area but i now know!! but itll grow..:p

breeanna92
April 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
thanks for the tip! lol

delsh
April 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hum, I don't have any pictures of myself with my pixie!! I guess I wasn't interested in taking pictures of my hair until I decided to grow it out :laugh: I would always bring in a few pictures of different cuts I liked, and ask the stylist which one would look best with my hair type, face shape etc. From a super short pixie it took me about a year to grow to shoulder, with many trims to keep a nice shape during the growout process. To grow to all one length, I'm not sure...I love my layers! It would depend on what length you wanted, I'd expect :)

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Well the last time I came out of a salon with a pixie like hair cut was 2005. I had asked for my then nearly waist length hair to be cut to bsl! however I am now just passed waist and it will be 6 years this December ive been growing back. Shoulder length took me say 18 months, but my hair was near enough shaved at back!

ooo
April 1st, 2011, 07:46 PM
if you want a pixie, it's fun to just tell the stylist to do what ever she wants :)

spidermom
April 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Oh, I forgot to say that I had lots and lots and lots of trims while I was growing out my hair and went from very short to longer with layers. My stylist always took a teeny bit more off the length than she did the layers to gradually eliminate the layers. At 4 years my hair was BSL with all the layers caught up.

HereIGrowAgain
April 1st, 2011, 11:06 PM
I started with less than an inch all over in a buzz cut. When I joined LHC, the longest layer was 2 inches, the front was less than an inch. I had gained 4 inches (six in the back, the front which was shorter was four inches) by the end of November, and I cut off the back up to the start of the back hairline (that was clipped to about 1/8 inch) to get rid of the mullet. I've gained four inches since then. I have a very fast growth rate, though. I have lots of pictures in my albums; if you friend me you can see them. :D

And come join us on the super-shorties thread!!!