PDA

View Full Version : If you took a picture of the back of my head today...

getoffmyskittle
April 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
... at the bus stop, 'fess up!

I heard the shutter and snuck a peek at your i-thingy. That was definitely my (dark) head with my (white) clip straight through the middle of it. Very distinctive and unmistakable.

:shrug: I figured that there'd be absolutely no reason to do something like that unless you were on a hair board or something equally nutso (:silly:), so I figured I might as well ask about it. Yes, it was a Ficcare, honey marble, I highly recommend them, and you can get them at Nordstrom... is that what you wanted to know..?

Chamy
April 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Haha, im sorry but that is creepy. Im not here to confess, i just got drawn in by the thread-name. Was it a longhair or just a random person?

Malibu Barbie
April 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM
I have had this happen to me as well.. I thought it was creepy, my hair was down at the time.

getoffmyskittle
April 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Her hair was about shoulder length, and she was visibly embarrassed when I turned around after I heard the shutter noise, so I didn't ask. I wish I had now, though!

PineappleJello
April 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
Haha, I had to read that three times to understand just what happened. That is way too funny.

sibiryachka
April 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Okay, the fact that it was a woman lowers the creep factor. At least she had the grace to look embarrassed. Thanks for the laugh :p

Slinks
April 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Haha, I had to read that three times to understand just what happened. That is way too funny.
lol, me too .. twant me tho, I wish you had've asked too :-)

Firefox7275
April 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
She might have been looking for wedding hairdo ideas? Not that is any excuse for not asking permission.

krissykins
April 1st, 2011, 05:00 PM
It was me, because I finally caught the person who stole my Ficcare! Give it back!

No, of course it wasn't really me, but that is too funny. I would've at least asked first. :p

Coan-Teen
April 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM
She probably liked your bun and didn't think you'd hear the shutter noise. Not an excuse, but maybe she wanted to copy it for a special occasion and felt weird asking a total stranger about her hairdo. I don't know. That's just the only reason I could think of that isn't totally creepy. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

getoffmyskittle
April 1st, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I don't think her motives were sinister or anything. It was just a cinnabun. I think the ends were sticking out kind of goofily. I don't know if she wanted to copy it, she definitely didn't have enough hair... maybe someday in the future though?

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM
how rude is that? id be actually annoyed if somebody did that to me. But nope wasnt me, id have the manners to ask!

NouvelleNymphe2
April 1st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Haha, maybe it just happened automatically and she wasn't really thinking...like when you let something slip and you look around like...did i really just say that!?!?!? Perhaps it all happened like that :). Thank goodness it was a woman, super creeped out if not. Although, I would have said something. At least a "really?...umm...did you just snap a photo of my hair????"

Makes me wonder tho, is that becoming acceptable in our society because of all of our hi-tech toys?

Jenn of Pence
April 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Hmm........I actually wouldn't think it was rude. :shrug: At least, not if it were for a hairstyle or an outfit or something that was appreciated by the photographer. Now, if they were taking one of me because they thought I looked weird and wanted to make fun of me, then that would indeed be rude (like, People of Walmart rude and horrible). Of course, the problem with this is that I have no idea what's in the mind of the photographer, so in principle I wouldn't know whether to be cool about it or upset. And if I never knew they took a photograph, I would never know that I needed to decide whether to be cool or upset! :p

Of course, if I were you, Skitts, and it had happened to me, I'm sure I'd feel the same way despite my above flailing attempt at reason. ;)

But I'm out and about in the world; people have cameras and such...heck, there are cameras "spying" on public areas these days. It's really hard to say that one's person doesn't accept the possibility of being digitally cataloged somehow while still being in public. That indeed is a bit creepy.

Lianna
April 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
As a girl with shoulder length and a brand new honey marble ficcare, LOL...I must say it wasn't me! :D And if I can do a cinnabun with it, I don't see why this person couldn't.

getoffmyskittle
April 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
As a girl with shoulder length and a brand new honey marble ficcare, LOL...I must say it wasn't me! :D And if I can do a cinnabun with it, I don't see why this person couldn't.

Oh, really? :D I definitely couldn't do one at shoulder.

ETA: Peeked at your albums, your hair is longer!

Lianna
April 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it's a bit longer now. I think my first cinnabun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7001&pictureid=92932) was an inch past SL. Anyway, it wasn't me! :D

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hmm........I actually wouldn't think it was rude. :shrug: At least, not if it were for a hairstyle or an outfit or something that was appreciated by the photographer. Now, if they were taking one of me because they thought I looked weird and wanted to make fun of me, then that would indeed be rude (like, People of Walmart rude and horrible). Of course, the problem with this is that I have no idea what's in the mind of the photographer, so in principle I wouldn't know whether to be cool about it or upset. And if I never knew they took a photograph, I would never know that I needed to decide whether to be cool or upset! :p

Of course, if I were you, Skitts, and it had happened to me, I'm sure I'd feel the same way despite my above flailing attempt at reason. ;)

But I'm out and about in the world; people have cameras and such...heck, there are cameras "spying" on public areas these days. It's really hard to say that one's person doesn't accept the possibility of being digitally cataloged somehow while still being in public. That indeed is a bit creepy. but we have notices which say CCTV cameras are in operation so it doesnt violate peoples privacy. Like say this photo ended up on the internet then its a violation of her privacy. I may be looking too far into this but it annoys me that people think they can just take photos of somebody without permission.

where do you draw the line is the question, if they can take a sneaky photo of my head, they can take a sneaky photo of a child, which doesnt bear even thinking about!

fairystar32
April 2nd, 2011, 04:23 AM
How creepy, I find there are people who seem to think its OK to take pictures of other peoples children on the beach!

I have had this happen 3 x now by tourists when my kids are playing and it really makes me mad and I shout at them. The last ones I said no no no and they started laughing at me:mad: