PDA

View Full Version : So proud of my roots

rena
April 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
I dried my hair without a leave-in yesterday to observe my "bare" hair and my roots were the only parts that dried smooth, shiny and frizz free. It looked sort of wierd with one half smooth and soft, and the other half all frizzy and dry and rough :eek:.

This makes me so happy, I just had to post how super proud I am of my roots!

WaitingSoLong
April 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
How much length of the roots is there?

rena
April 1st, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oops, sorry I forgot to mention that. The healthiest parts are about and inch and 1/2 or so long. :D

Bianca
April 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
How wonderfull :thumbsup: I remember the feeling from when I grew out hair dye. Dyed hair = frizzy and dry. Virgin hair = shiny and not even a hint of frizz :p

Anywhere
April 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Oh gosh, I know how you feel. My hair is about 50% "roots" now, (roots being undyed hair for me) and it's darker, smoother, curlier, and most importantly for me.. thicker. :D

You're going to be so delighted once you have more roots to work with. I hope you have some quick growing. ;)

redwoman
April 1st, 2011, 02:48 PM
I was so happy with my roots too when I grew out the black hair dye. Enjoy your newfound smoothness.

Alvrodul
April 1st, 2011, 02:58 PM
I have two kind of "roots" - the smooth, shiny, well-behaved part of my hair where I am growing out chemical and mechanical damage, and the roots I get when my natural hair color shows up - which in short order gets covered with henna. :p
And I definitely love that sleek top part of my hair!:D

ilovejimmy
April 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
yay! for smooth shiny pretty and healthy roots!!!! yay!!!

MoonlightShadow
April 1st, 2011, 04:28 PM
your roots sound amazing lol:)

NouvelleNymphe2
April 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
hahahaha Moonlightshadow I was going to say that! Not really ;) just thought it was hilarious...

Keep up the good work Rena :). I loved seeing my roots come in after I had chopped to a (shaved back and sides) pixie. Won't go that short ever again, but natural hair is the bomb!

jojo
April 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
thats great, my hair is frizzy whether it be virgin or hennared or highlighted....no escape for me!